Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

CCKeane posted:

I don't feel MMT, except that she hasn't called me scummy yet, which is suspicious.

I'd like ecco, I can see the vote on Lupus and I'd support it to avoid a nl. I don't think I'd vote merk.

Why ecco?

I really don't see lupus after a reread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

keane thinks a meta point about merk overrides merk doing a sarcastic comment that's a little suss, forgetting that I haven't played mafia or even thought about mafia in months. it's weird but I thought it was just attempting to squeeze out of jokephase.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

I'm actually not liking Keane's content but I'm still feeling how hard I got burned after Shine, but this is different from his Shine game and closer to Christmas and what little I saw (haha, whoops) of TWEWY Mafia. Kean's throwing out reads to appear re-engaged but not really going hard after people.

That's where my read stands, anyway. If anyone with a little more Keane-meta wants to read that for me please do.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
was mafia always this obsessed with meta. this is awful.

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Xad posted:

Gambits are bad and make you seem like scum imo, also again you're pulling the "don't talk about me, talk about anything else" thing and that's scummy to me.

I don't think asking a question and gauging response (like merk is talking about with lupus) is a gambit and i think it is a viable strategy

Answering a question for someone or explaining for someone defeats the purpose imo

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

EccoRaven posted:

was mafia always this obsessed with meta. this is awful.

This is usually why I hate D1 cases, tbf.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Monathin posted:

This is usually why I hate D1 cases, tbf.

here is your post, in Ecco Vision

Monathin posted:

I'm actually not liking Keane's content but blah blah blah, but this is different from his hrrrrrrrrrnnn and closer to jukamungaaaaaa and what little harihura suzuarhai anime kawaii. Kean's throwing out reads to appear re-engaged but not really going hard after people.

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice

Monathin posted:

Lupus' reaction seems genuine in that I feel very much the same way about D1 vote cases in that they're universally bad but a no lunch is almost always worse. I don't think there's pressure to be had on Lupus.

Kind of not a fan of how Xad on this very page went from taking a sort of secondary angle to pressuring Lupus to rounding on Merk. Feels way too quick imo.

I don't really like merk or lupus' reasons for voting, both seem like "eh, well it's day one, sooo" but I especially don't like how merk's been handling criticism. I...don't think he's scum, though, just that we disagree on how to play mafia.

I'd vote lupus to avoid a no-lunch, but I think I'd prefer to ##vote moat, still kinda bugging me how he interrogated MMT

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

EccoRaven posted:

keane thinks a meta point about merk overrides merk doing a sarcastic comment that's a little suss, forgetting that I haven't played mafia or even thought about mafia in months. it's weird but I thought it was just attempting to squeeze out of jokephase.

Yeah basically this, except I disagree with the comment being suss in the first place.

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice

Moatillata posted:

I don't think asking a question and gauging response (like merk is talking about with lupus) is a gambit and i think it is a viable strategy

Answering a question for someone or explaining for someone defeats the purpose imo

I don't think it's a gambit either, was just responding to merk bringing up that in a previous game he tried to pretend he was a lynchbomb and it didn't work

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Xad posted:

I don't really like merk or lupus' reasons for voting, both seem like "eh, well it's day one, sooo" but I especially don't like how merk's been handling criticism. I...don't think he's scum, though, just that we disagree on how to play mafia.

I'd vote lupus to avoid a no-lunch, but I think I'd prefer to ##vote moat, still kinda bugging me how he interrogated MMT

Lol

What bugs you about it?

Was when I was shining the gigantic light in her face or when I threw over the table and got out the phone book

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Monathin posted:

I'm actually not liking Keane's content but I'm still feeling how hard I got burned after Shine, but this is different from his Shine game and closer to Christmas and what little I saw (haha, whoops) of TWEWY Mafia. Kean's throwing out reads to appear re-engaged but not really going hard after people.

That's where my read stands, anyway. If anyone with a little more Keane-meta wants to read that for me please do.

Jeez Mona, I can't believe you're going after mod confirmed town.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

EccoRaven posted:

here is your post, in Ecco Vision

That's fair.

Let me put it this way: I have had numerous bad reads on Keane and would like someone to review his content for me. I think he's throwing out stuff to appear engaged and towny, but I don't really have anything but a gut read to back that.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

CCKeane posted:

Jeez Mona, I can't believe you're going after mod confirmed town.

Don't do this to me Keane, don't break my heart.

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice

Moatillata posted:

Lol

What bugs you about it?

Was when I was shining the gigantic light in her face or when I threw over the table and got out the phone book

it was when you kept asking "WHERE IS SHE" and starting punching but yeah okay, poor choice of words :v:

Mostly how sure you sounded that you had caught scum, when you even admitted that the thing MMT started it with was likely a joke

lemme paraphrase:

MMT: "everyone voting for me is scum"
Moat: "Really?"
MMT: "What, no ofc not, also I've been busy today"
Moat: "That was a weird response, are you scum?"

You sounded really sure that she was scum based on her response not outright saying she was joking before, but she did. To me, that reads like you're intentionally ignoring part of her post.

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Xad posted:

it was when you kept asking "WHERE IS SHE" and starting punching but yeah okay, poor choice of words :v:

Mostly how sure you sounded that you had caught scum, when you even admitted that the thing MMT started it with was likely a joke

lemme paraphrase:

MMT: "everyone voting for me is scum"
Moat: "Really?"
MMT: "What, no ofc not, also I've been busy today"
Moat: "That was a weird response, are you scum?"

You sounded really sure that she was scum based on her response not outright saying she was joking before, but she did. To me, that reads like you're intentionally ignoring part of her post.

Moatillata posted:

Mmt do you really think the whole scum team is voting you?

Murmur Twin posted:

I've literally never been more serious about anything in my life.

Moatillata posted:

For posterity

Moatillata posted:

Also I was kind if hoping for more :words: from you mmt

Murmur Twin posted:

(a) It's day one.
(b) It's Valentine's Day and I've been doing stuff.
(c) How can you actually possibly think I was being serious when I said that? Of course I don't really think the scumteam are the first four people to vote for me.

##vote Moat - I don't think this is a real case, I think it's him trying to sound town.

Also am I really at -4? That's super rude.

Your recollection is completely skewed imo

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Monathin posted:

Don't do this to me Keane, don't break my heart.

Max, the mod of this game, told me I was town. Doesn't get more mod confirmed than that, imo.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
I'm starting to feel like MMT is scum disappearing and hoping heat on her dies down. Say what you will about Moat's pressuring, but MMT vanishing afterwards is suspect.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Moatillata posted:

Your recollection is completely skewed imo

yeah I'm feeling good about my mmt vote. this weird "both moat and mmt were bad" line of thinking is weird and pro-mmt.

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

I'm starting to feel like MMT is scum disappearing and hoping heat on her dies down. Say what you will about Moat's pressuring, but MMT vanishing afterwards is suspect.

to be fair to her she works nights.

ha I ninja punk'd moat.

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

I dunno she works nights so I don't wanna use that against her

To me it's more about her reaction and the reactions of the other players

I'm gonna put my money where my mouth is and

##vote mmt

Also add xad to my would vote list

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice

Moatillata posted:

If it was a joke response:

I expected you to say as such and who gives a gently caress

If it was a serious response:

I expected you to give some insight

I thought it was the latter and I was expecting something. Instead you came out with this

Which was niether and completely surprised me

So now you think I am scum?

I mean, I already said before it looked to me like you two were scum bussing each other. This post in particular was what caught my eye. You were seriously expecting MMT to explain "yes, everyone voting for me is scum" not that long into the first day?

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

EccoRaven posted:

yeah I'm feeling good about my mmt vote. this weird "both moat and mmt were bad" line of thinking is weird and pro-mmt.

to be fair to her she works nights.

ha I ninja punk'd moat.

Ahhh I didn't know she wouldn't be able to be around.

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
Max is gonna mod kill you now for ninjaing

His family was killed by ninja editors

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

I hate afk cases but this is kind of compelling. She made a weird post and then bailed.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Ok. Weird post + maybe avoiding the thread.

##vote MMT

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

I do not like the MMT case and will not be voting for it.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Monathin posted:

:same:

And I also personally don't like merks vote.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
steadfastly refusing to vote for mmt after making an objectively weird post is weird. "I prefer other cases," sure, I guess, but.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

TMMadman posted:

:same:

And I also personally don't like merks vote.

What don’t you like about it?

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice

Monathin posted:

Who would you prefer to vote for?

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
whom

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...
i work days and nights and weekends any votes for me are bad and unfair

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

good thing my power is that anyone who votes for me gets modkilled in two game days

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

the person I'm getting the most vibes from is monathin, I'm really not enjoying the Extreme Hedging going on in the posts, like they're laying out half-assed reads that they can grab on to later

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

tobbs is scum btw

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

merk posted:

What don’t you like about it?

It feels opportunistic.

Like several people had just said at MMT works nights and you still used 'maybe disappeared' as a reason to vote.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

100% sure id bet my good friendship with ecco on it

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Xad posted:

Who would you prefer to vote for?

I'd vote Moat if I have to pick someone out of that weird exchange because the way Moat pressured on what seemed to me more jokey felt strange. I don't like how aggressive Tolly's been in D1 but as a new person I'm willing to let that slide on the first game day but they're higher on my suspicion list than I'd expect of a newbie. I still have a bad gutfeel read on Keane in the way he hopped in, threw in his vote preferences, and then backed off there, but I've got basically no evidence to support it.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

tl;dr Moat or Keane are my choices for today.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Pinterest Mom posted:

the person I'm getting the most vibes from is monathin, I'm really not enjoying the Extreme Hedging going on in the posts, like they're laying out half-assed reads that they can grab on to later

It's day 1, no case is gonna feel good to me because half of them are meta cases and the other half are people trying to zoom+enhance a possibly weird interaction into "must be scum". I take every single D1 case with a huge grain of salt and will build a fence of hedges on them if I have to, because they're all bad and D1 is basically trying to pick the least bad case out of a hat.

• Locked thread