Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...
town wins d1 the ecco ghost dog return tour is killing it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
At this point I think the best flip is mmt and a no lynch is an extremely bad outcome

Everyone has taken a clear side on the issue and I think it will reveal a lot more than any other lynch at this point

We have 3 hours folks and it's bullshit that we have 4 min voters

Votecount for Day 1

Murmur Twin (4): Monathin, TMMadman, EccoRaven, got some chores tonight, Tobbs Gnawed, Monathin, TMMadman, Tobbs Gnawed, LupusAter, Moatillata, merk, merk
EccoRaven (3): Dick Bastardly, merk, Dick Bastardly, merk, Murmur Twin, merk, CCKeane
merk (3): Tobbs Gnawed, Tobbs Gnawed, Tolly Totes, Tobbs Gnawed, Pinterest Mom
Moatillata (1): TMMadman, Tolly Totes, TMMadman, LupusAter, Murmur Twin, LupusAter, Tolly Totes, Xad, Murmur Twin
Tolly Totes (1): Tobbs Gnawed, Tobbs Gnawed, Asphyxious
Retro Futurist (0): Tobbs Gnawed, Tobbs Gnawed
LupusAter (0): Moatillata, Moatillata, merk, merk, merk, merk
Dick Bastardly (0): Tobbs Gnawed, Tobbs Gnawed
Tobbs Gnawed (0): Xad, Tobbs Gnawed, Tobbs Gnawed, Xad
Pinterest Mom (0): got some chores tonight, got some chores tonight
got some chores tonight (0): Murmur Twin, Murmur Twin
TMMadman (0): Murmur Twin, Murmur Twin
CCKeane (0): merk, merk

Not Voting (4): Dick Bastardly, Monathin, Retro Futurist, TMMadman

With 16 alive, it's 9 votes to execute. The current deadline is February 15th, 2018 at 10 p.m. EST -- that's in about 3 hours, 5 minutes.

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
Mafia edit:

Non-voters

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Hey, I'm around I just haven't voted yet. This is a pretty tough call between the three current vote leaders.

I do think one of them is very like to be scum, but I'm just not sure which at the moment.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

I'm trying to explain that I'm a person who wishes to live a very quiet life.

TMMadman posted:

Hey, I'm around I just haven't voted yet. This is a pretty tough call between the three current vote leaders.

I do think one of them is very like to be scum, but I'm just not sure which at the moment.

Hmmmm.

Tolly Totes
Oct 12, 2016

If we're free, tell me why
I can't look in my brother's eye
Can somebody explain the case for ecco in a way that doesn’t reference a previous relationship?

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Moatillata posted:

We have 3 hours folks and it's bullshit that we have 4 min voters

Don't fuckin rush me Moat jeez.

If I must make a call between the top three I would like to ##vote merk because I feel as if his pushiness on Lupus is really weird when Lupus' answer seemed perfectly satisfactory. I feel like he's trying to fish for a weird contradiction in Lupus' behavior when there isn't one.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

EccoRaven posted:

a bad last minute push from scum.

mmt is scum, merk is her buddy, enjoy the game everyone. I'm gone for the night.

“I’m not claiming.”

Lynch this scum.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Monathin posted:

Don't fuckin rush me Moat jeez.

If I must make a call between the top three I would like to ##vote merk because I feel as if his pushiness on Lupus is really weird when Lupus' answer seemed perfectly satisfactory. I feel like he's trying to fish for a weird contradiction in Lupus' behavior when there isn't one.

I just asked a question.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Hmmmmmm all you want, I keep my thoughts about stuff very open in the thread.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

EccoRaven posted:

it's apparently a standard announcement coming from Old England.

this is a good point.

This is an agreement with a point that is questionable at best, and may be indicative of attempting to buddy to a new player.

EccoRaven posted:

you're overstating my stance.

sarcastically saying "you got me, I'm scum" is definitely something a scum player would say, though, so

This is a weird thing to say, because Ecco is simulataneously saying that I am overstating Ecco's stance by saying Ecco agrees with Tolly, and then also saying it is a good point that Ecco agrees with. These two lines don't really work together.

EccoRaven posted:

I'm fine with my vote on mmt. I think mmt is a vote that can happen, so I'm not particularly motivated to change it. I think her reaction to Moat's posts were a little ridiculous and I've gotten a weird vibe from her early-day posts.

you guys caught me though. my comment to Tolly Totes was because I agreed with the point, but I also wanted to throw a bone to a new player who made a nice point. sue me for being encouraging!

I'll be out for the deadline - dinner and a movie with a special someone - but I'll be around this afternoon.

This both reinforces that Ecco agree agrees with the post, but also had an underlying motive, however I think Ecco is concealing the actual intent here.

It's not the strongest case, no, few day one cases would be, but this is my thought. I do think Ecco is the most likely to be scum.

Tolly Totes
Oct 12, 2016

I see, the case is “tolly is dumb but I don’t want to go at her directly”

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Tolly, you are currently voting merk, so tell me what do you think about Ecco's theory that MMT/merk are scum together?

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice

merk posted:

Actual case:
1. Sounds manufactured;
2. Did gotcha scum hunting on me;
3. Voted MMT with a case that I don't really think he believes in which starts from a joke vote;
4. Kept the MMT vote with justification that it's a lynch "that can happen."

So, cutting out the first one because it's based on meta, sounds like merk is voting for ecco because he doesn't believe ecco's vote on MMT is genuine, doesn't like ecco's justification, and that ecco tried to pin merk as scum based off of merk sarcastically saying "yep you caught me I'm scum."

Think I've cooled off on Moat for now, but I disagree with his interpretation of MMT's posts.
##unvote

I don't put much stake in the sarcasm thing. Hm. I think ecco is town. I don't like this case, especially since it came minutes after merk votes for lupus, saying it was a good vote. ##vote merk

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Tolly Totes posted:

I see, the case is “tolly is dumb but I don’t want to go at her directly”

This is not the case, no.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I got a bad feeling about Xad.

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice

merk posted:

“I’m not claiming.”

Lynch this scum.

Sorry if I'm missing the point but uh, why would ecco claim with like 3 votes?

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

I'm trying to explain that I'm a person who wishes to live a very quiet life.

TMMadman posted:

Elaborate?

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

TMMadman posted:

Wouldn't disagree with you there.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Xad posted:

So, cutting out the first one because it's based on meta, sounds like merk is voting for ecco because he doesn't believe ecco's vote on MMT is genuine, doesn't like ecco's justification, and that ecco tried to pin merk as scum based off of merk sarcastically saying "yep you caught me I'm scum."

Think I've cooled off on Moat for now, but I disagree with his interpretation of MMT's posts.
##unvote

I don't put much stake in the sarcasm thing. Hm. I think ecco is town. I don't like this case, especially since it came minutes after merk votes for lupus, saying it was a good vote. ##vote merk

Are you upset that merk had two opinions at once or

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Pinterest Mom posted:

Opinions are like assholes, PMom.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Asphyxious posted:

Elaborate?

His vote stinks.

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice

Pinterest Mom posted:

lol no, I found it weird that he rapidly switched his vote

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Xad, I'd like you to go read through Ecco in isolation and look at how she puts a jokey vote on MMT and then a bit later goes, I'm fine with my vote and gives more justification for it.

I'm not really sure that I like the way that plays out.

And I don't really buy the theory Ecco throws out about MMT/merk being scum together. Why would both of them link themselves so early to push Ecco as a lynch?

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Xad posted:

Sorry if I'm missing the point but uh, why would ecco claim with like 3 votes?

Ecco is saying he’s gone for the night which means he isn’t claiming if he approaches lynch. It’s a tactic.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Xad posted:

lol no, I found it weird that he rapidly switched his vote

Didn’t we just play together? Are you kidding?

LupusAter
Sep 5, 2011

Ok, here's the matter. It's 1.40 AM here, so I won't be up until deadline. Of the three voteleaders, I stand behind MMT sounding the most scummy to me, then Ecco. merk feels like overaggressive town, and his insistence in getting somebody lunched reinforces that for me.

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice

merk posted:

Didn’t we just play together? Are you kidding?

Yeah and I was dead most of that game, sorry I didn't remember your specific voting patterns

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Xad posted:

Yeah and I was dead most of that game, sorry I didn't remember your specific voting patterns

A lot. I vote a lot.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I actually changed my game a few years ago as scum when I realized I would sit on votes as scum but shoot from the hip with votes as town.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

I actually have to eat crow here and change my own vote to ##vote Ecco - after seeing the actual case put out with much less of a focus on Ecco's ~~meta~~ it does seem a little weirder than I'd expect, and something about the 'x and y are scum later losers i won't be here for deadline' sticks in my craw the more I read it.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Monathin posted:

I actually have to eat crow here and change my own vote to ##vote Ecco - after seeing the actual case put out with much less of a focus on Ecco's ~~meta~~ it does seem a little weirder than I'd expect, and something about the 'x and y are scum later losers i won't be here for deadline' sticks in my craw the more I read it.

Oy this hits me real bad.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
crow; craw.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Monathin posted:

Yeah, this feels worse the more I think about it. It don't seem right.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

CCKeane posted:

Yeah, this feels worse the more I think about it. It don't seem right.

What's bothering you about it?

Tolly Totes
Oct 12, 2016

TMMadman posted:

Tolly, you are currently voting merk, so tell me what do you think about Ecco's theory that MMT/merk are scum together?

I don’t know if I understand it. I’d rather focus on one thing at a time though instead of trying to connect people already. If I had to guess a teammate for Merk it would be Keane, given the how hard he’s been defending him, but that’s obviously not a lot.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

TMMadman posted:

What's bothering you about it?

I think it's that it feels overly apologetic, explains the vote, but also seems to link it to other posters? I can't really say exactly.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

CCKeane posted:

I think it's that it feels overly apologetic, explains the vote, but also seems to link it to other posters? I can't really say exactly.

Do you think it's scum moving his vote from scum to town? You are currently voting Ecco, so does this want to make you change your vote?

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

TMMadman posted:

Do you think it's scum moving his vote from scum to town? You are currently voting Ecco, so does this want to make you change your vote?

I'm thinking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Not on to Merk or MMT.

If we can get a vote onto Mona that'd be rad, I think.

• Locked thread