Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.
I can imagine that the game is setup in such a way that were town to elect a scum president it wouldn't be absolutely crippling.

I feel like more than anything, decision paralysis over the president thing is going to distract away from scumhunting until it's actually resolved.

It's why I made an attempt to do it as soon as the night opened. Bif co-opted that and I was happy enough to let it happen as the reasoning for the acceleration was basically sound. But now that we have the clarification I think we should probably reset and have open nominations before narrowing down to a runoff.

What I'll suggest is that we have nominations open until around 7am EST tomorrow (this is when I'll be able to collate votes quickly and easily) and then have a runoff until deadline around 7pm EST tomorrow.

If people object to that please do, but if I don't get significant resistance I'll make a post declaring nominations open in around 20 minutes (2pm EST).

If people object to me basically nominating myself commissioner of this election then feel free, but please please do not set up a new vote or new voting criteria.

I'll recuse myself from nomination to maintain at least some impartiality.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dead Cow
Nov 4, 2009

Passion makes the world go round.
Love just makes it a safer place.

Kashuno posted:

i am scum president

One scum claim day one can be a joke, continuing to scum claim past that is not funny, and if you are town you're distracting instead of helping. Why would you continue this path of poo poo posting?

Dead Cow
Nov 4, 2009

Passion makes the world go round.
Love just makes it a safer place.
##nominate No One ever

I refuse to give anyone powers

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.
Mafia edit: Beginning of the day, not beginning of the night obvs.

I mean it was night in London when I posted?

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.

Dead Cow posted:

##nominate No One ever

I refuse to give anyone powers

I will also accept this as an option and if it gets enough votes will be considered as one of the runoff candidates.

Should nobody win I will reopen a vote the next day along the same lines.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.
It is now 2pm EST

I haven't had any objections. I realise the time period for them was short, my apologies, but the time period for actually getting this poo poo done is also short.

Free Nominations are Open, until 7am EST tomorrow freely ##nominate your preferred candidate.

You may ##nominate nobody if you do not want a player to be voted president today.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.
Nominations prior to this series of posts will be discounted. Please renominate if you did so before.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
##nominate Gulag

Your scum hunting in FSN impressed me. You had MMT and Rex pegged dead to rights. If you want to win vote for Gulag.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
##nominate gulag

50 pounds of bread
Sep 27, 2006

##appoint 50 pounds of bread.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.

50 pounds of bread posted:

##appoint 50 pounds of bread.

So you are aware, I am not considering this to be a nomination as ##nominate is the only syntax I'll accept.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

Natural 20 posted:

It is now 2pm EST

I haven't had any objections. I realise the time period for them was short, my apologies, but the time period for actually getting this poo poo done is also short.

Free Nominations are Open, until 7am EST tomorrow freely ##nominate your preferred candidate.

You may ##nominate nobody if you do not want a player to be voted president today.

I appreciate you doing this, and out of respect, I'm going to post more seriously here.

##nominate No One

I would state, strategically, that granting anyone a temporary deathproof (with some additional responsibilities, presumably) is absolutely not a thing we should be doing without very, very good reason to believe that whoever we choose is town. I feel bad trying to ignore a major game gimmick, but without information on the presidency that pera seems to prefer not to provide, the known risk of picking someone we later want to lynch outweighs the hypothetical benefit of the role.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

Asiina posted:

I don't know what you're trying to prove with this stupid I am Spartacus nonsense. Like do you think I can't tell context and that you're saying that to be an rear end, as opposed to Kash who said it on D1 as a funny, funny joke out of nowhere.

Do I think people who scumclaim are legitimately saying "I am scum and do not care about my wincon and want to lose"? Of course not, but it's a joke that scum make on D1 because "lol if I get away with it after I claim it'll be so funny."

It's a scummy joke with scum motivations and I will vote for it when I see it.

first of all, if you ever sass me like this again i will slap the toast right out of your mouth. i was prompting an actual explanation of why you still wanted to vote kash because 'he said he was scum' could imply many different reasons for wanting to kill him, or none at all. the joke on d1 seemed pretty natural in context in response to bminus' post. i dont actually ever recall anyone, except for me, doing what you are describing.

i think you should re-examine whether there could be another possible motivation for saying that. just in TWEWY we had someone who wasn't scum (cat was a survivor) say "rawr im scum."

kash continuing to do nothing is weird though

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
##nominate gulags can we get this over with

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
##nominate no one

I'd also nominate myself, but as I suspected it gives a lynchproof (and a general deathproof) to someone who isn't confirmed and gently caress that.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
##vote Kashuno since I realized I never re-voted.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

are you saying you aren't confirmed as town to yourself, and thus, are scum?

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

GulagDolls posted:

are you saying you aren't confirmed as town to yourself, and thus, are scum?

I could go into the whole "everyone should only want to nominate themselves, because they are only confirmed town to themselves" speech that you already know and you know I know because you're just posting nonsense but instead here is an anime woman throwing a dog.

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

##nominate No One

While other people have made the point that it probably wouldn't be crippling to have a scum elected, i do NOT want to run that risk

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

b-minus1 posted:

hey everyone, if you are town can you please confirm in the the thread tia

this post is bad, you know drat well what i mean

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
I don't understand why you guys are against using a temporary game mechanic. it's day 2 of a huge game. it's not like the game is going to end if we choose wrong. the downside cannot be as big as some of you are making it out to be. afaik, there are no confirmed town players. come on, let's elect someone now and see what happens.

The President will enjoy limited-duration detention-proofing and limited-duration death-proofing, meaning they will remain in the game for an undisclosed amount of time after being elected.
The specific responsibilities assigned to the president are undisclosed.

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
ill vote for whoever gives me back my phone so i can call the police on bif

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Chic Trombone posted:

##nominate No One

While other people have made the point that it probably wouldn't be crippling to have a scum elected, i do NOT want to run that risk

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

yeah idk. like was the plan to execute the president right after electing them. who cares if they're deathproof for a while

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

The more I think about it the more I agree I don't want a council president.

Abstaining.

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

Mafia edit: if I need to nominate someone to reach consensus then I will at that point.

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

## vote kash

they said they're scum twice, and if it turns out they really are scum I will never forgive myself for not placing this vote.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

NevergirlsOFFICIAL posted:

## vote kash

they said they're scum twice, and if it turns out they really are scum I will never forgive myself for not placing this vote.

im literally laughing out loud right now

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

Dead Cow posted:

I'm not lurking, I just didn't participate in all the shitposting that happened in thread before the game really started. Also I'm not scum.
If post count is what you're going by, then low posts are townie this game cause both hal and eat had super low posting and were town!

Also lurker/post count is a terrible case, why are you bad at this?

Yooooooooooo I used to believe lurker lynch is great, and I still do... But the real way to address this is to look at how often the player is posting COMPARED TO THEIR USUAL PLAYING.

To do this we look at the player list post per game

https://votefinder.org/players

So look at the lurkers, if they USUALLY have low post counts, then it's not a good measure. But if they are usually active, and are lurking in this game only, that's bad.

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

b-minus1 posted:

im literally laughing out loud right now

You had the exact same reaction here too https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3847492&userid=139143#post481231665

KREAB kash rules everything around bee

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
this game is already ruined because we didnt turbo kash d1 and nothing will save this game

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

I’m actually making this game very good

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

I’m actually making this game very good

you were making it good when you werent posting

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

flerp posted:

ill vote for whoever gives me back my phone so i can call the police on bif

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

##nominate asiina

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I'm so goddamn proud that I found the most perfectly relevant anime dog gif to ever exist. I will never top that.

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

flerp posted:

you were making it good when you werent posting
:argh:

50 pounds of bread
Sep 27, 2006

I have a day action that makes me mod confirmed town, im the only person who should be president.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

You had the exact same reaction here too https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3847492&userid=139143#post481231665

KREAB kash rules everything around bee

yeah because that wasn't a real vote, tnl was clearly joking (at least that was my interpretation).

you voted for kash because he "said he was scum twice" lmao what kind of beetlejuice poo poo is that. is that really all it takes to convince you of someone's alignment? just say it a few times and then boom you believe it. if that's the case then let me help you out

i'm town
i'm town

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

50 pounds of bread posted:

I have a day action that makes me mod confirmed town, im the only person who should be president.

im mod confirmed town because i pmed pera and asked if i was town and she said maybe

• Locked thread