Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Xad posted:

:agreed: with this and your case on merk

some other thoughts for now:

the more I read MMT's list-posts the less "normal" they sound to me today, would vote. Also Moat being SO SURE that she's scum seems like we'd get some info even if she flips town, but mostly it just makes Moat seem town to me.

And as for TMM, his "Xad, I'd like you to go read through Ecco in isolation..." post near the end of D1 sounded really town-y to me at the time, but now that I'm looking at it the fact that he specifically encouraged me to reread WITHOUT context sounds bad.

Ehhh...I still think Ecco felt scummier yesterday, but part of it is that I'm always suspicious that the first early push is town and that probably played into it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Dick Bastardly posted:

Madman, what made you sus of MMT on D1?

Just a suspicion if MMT in general, plus some of her early stuff felt somewhat insincere.

LupusAter
Sep 5, 2011

Sorry for not posting, had a busy Saturday. Rereading the thread, I would be OK with a MMT lunch, she hasn't done anything that made me really change my read on her. I actually like Moat's dedition to getting her hanged, feel like scum would be either more opportunistic with their targets or less obvious when bussing a buddy, Moat strikes me as town convinced of being right.
I also like Tobbs's casing of merk, and agree that his play is looking suspicious.
I won't vote right now, there's still a lot of time before deadline, but I'll vote MMT unless things radically change.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Honestly I think lupus rolled scum and DB defense and subsequent thread walk back looks real suspicious. Am I alone there?

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

Honestly I think lupus rolled scum and DB defense and subsequent thread walk back looks real suspicious. Am I alone there?

no, but

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

But i still don't understand the case on mmt? I would vote to avoid no lynching but in catching up is just didn't seem as clear as it seems to be for everyone elze?

Sum it up for me chores, known and trusted internet stranger.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Sorry I've got ogre hands and a tiny phone. Spelling and clarity poo poo. Just assume I said the most logical and town oriented things always and I'll clarify what doesn't make sense lol

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
I wake up and everyone's voting MMT.

Hallelujah! Any uncertainty I had is gone with her barely trying to defend herself. MMT gets mad when she's up for a mislynch, and this MMT isn't mad. Like, weakly pushing back at Moat isn't something town MMT would do. She'd try to convince him she was town before immediately calling him scum.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Retro Futurist posted:

When did that happen?

Retro Futurist posted:

It’s really cool you can look at my post history anytime and see for yourself instead of concern trolling.

Anyways I was doing valentines stuff yesterday and then busy most of today but I’m here now. I don’t really want to vote Ecco or meek out of principle

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Hallelujah! Any uncertainty I had is gone with her barely trying to defend herself. MMT gets mad when she's up for a mislynch, and this MMT isn't mad. Like, weakly pushing back at Moat isn't something town MMT would do. She'd try to convince him she was town before immediately calling him scum.

This is 100% spot on

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Deadline is today?

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Ah yes, nvm.

LupusAter
Sep 5, 2011

LupusAter posted:

Sorry for not posting, had a busy Saturday. Rereading the thread, I would be OK with a MMT lunch, she hasn't done anything that made me really change my read on her. I actually like Moat's dedition to getting her hanged, feel like scum would be either more opportunistic with their targets or less obvious when bussing a buddy, Moat strikes me as town convinced of being right.
I also like Tolly's casing of merk, and agree that his play is looking suspicious.
I won't vote right now, there's still a lot of time before deadline, but I'll vote MMT unless things radically change.

Mafia edit 'cause I actively suck at names

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Oh yeah. Ok well I didn’t disappear after that, I was pretty much here to the end of the day after that

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
So is there going to be any more discussion today or should we just get this flip out of the way since everyone seems pretty set on it being MMT?

LupusAter
Sep 5, 2011

Might as well. It's been sitting at -2 for a lot of time, I think it reinforces it being a correct vote, you figure scum would've bussed it earlier. ##vote MMT

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I'll give it a couple more hours, but then I'll probably hammer MMT if I don't hear any real objections.

Tolly Totes
Oct 12, 2016

If we're free, tell me why
I can't look in my brother's eye
I don't really see the point of waiting? Like what do you think is going to happen on a sunday night?

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

:sadpeanut:

TMMadman posted:

I'll give it a couple more hours, but then I'll probably hammer MMT if I don't hear any real objections.

##vote MMT

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Well, that would be the :redhammer:

And I wanted to wait in order to make sure RF triggered the lurker rules.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

:redhammer:

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 2

Murmur Twin (8): Moatillata, Tobbs Gnawed, got some chores tonight, Tobbs Gnawed, Tobbs Gnawed, got some chores tonight, got some chores tonight, got some chores tonight, got some chores tonight, got some chores tonight, got some chores tonight, got some chores tonight, got some chores tonight, Dick Bastardly, Retro Futurist, Monathin, LupusAter, Murmur Twin
LupusAter (1): Anomalous Amalgam
merk (1): Tolly Totes
TMMadman (1): Tobbs Gnawed, Tobbs Gnawed, Asphyxious
Tobbs Gnawed (0): Murmur Twin, Murmur Twin
Moatillata (0): Murmur Twin, Murmur Twin
Monathin (0): TMMadman, Murmur Twin, Murmur Twin, TMMadman

Not Voting (3): merk, TMMadman, Xad

With 14 alive, it's 8 votes to execute. The current deadline is February 18th, 2018 at 10 p.m. EST -- that's in about 4 hours, 41 minutes.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

As the day ended more than two hours before lunch, lurker rules don't kick in. RF is still on Notice. AA, having replaced in, is not.

The day went on. Each of the Yakuza came together they began the systematic search of each family member's home. They felt, well, if the strangers had only just come to town, they won't look setup.

Many names were yelled out, as voices came from all over town, echoing off the roof tops. This house, then the next, all with Yakuza rushing in, searching high and low for any sign that one of them may not be from around here.

The entryway to MMT's house slid open, and everyone stepped inside. There were candles, there was no artwork. Just a simple mat to sleep on and a table to eat from. Clearly the home of someone who had not been there long.

MMT laughed, and threw the screen door closed, engulphing the room in darkness.

The Yakuza outside heard the sounds of death, but could not break through the door, it had a hidden latch that kept it bolted shut.

The screams eventually stopped. Eventually, the door was busted down. They found a masacer. Not a single person left alive.

In the corner lay MMT, pale eyes looking up towards the ceiling, having only just bled out. In her hand was a sword that had clearly been hidden in her walking stick.

MMT, Zatoichi, Samurai (Scum) Ninja was killed by the Yakuza Day 2.

It is now Night. You have 24 hours for those night actions.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Morning comes. The suns rays hit the open, dusty street of the town as all the Yakuza stumble out of their homes, hung over from a night of drinking, mourning the loss of their friends to the bloody, sightless hands of MMT.

A yell comes from the mansion at the end of the street. Everyone rushes over to the front door.

In a tangled mess, collapsed in the entryway, lies the body of the boss, face green, tounge bulging out of his mouth, hands limply grasping his throat.

Moat, Kenichi Shinoda, Yakuza (Town) Cop, was poisoned to death Night 2

Another scream. No one wants to leave the boss untended though, so two underlings are ordered to go check on the commotion.

They come back shortly, wide eyed. It seems another body has appeared with a hole punched through their head. How is this happening?

RF, Masahisa Takenaka, Yakuza (Town) Jailer, was shot in the head Night 2

The Yakuza have no idea what to do at this point. Surely, they thought, there could not be this many enemies within their midst.

They stop in their tracks, as a final corpse presents itself in the main street, charred to a crisp. The only identifier is the stamp on the tonto sheath, thrown to the side of the body. It bears the mark of a pig. Nothing else that was once recognizable remains.

Got Some Chores Tonight, ????, ???? (????) ????, was burnt to a crisp Night 2

You've got some work cut out for you today. Everyone breaks, and scours the area for clues. The innkeeps mutter something about lost business, as the local priests cart the freshly slain bodies away, to prepare them for burial.

It is now Day 3. Deadline is Wednesday, February 21st at 10PM EST. Good luck!

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 3

Not Voting (10): Anomalous Amalgam, Asphyxious, Dick Bastardly, LupusAter, merk, Monathin, TMMadman, Tobbs Gnawed, Tolly Totes, Xad

With 10 alive, it's 6 votes to execute. There is currently no deadline set.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
Jesus

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
I think with MMT's scum flip TMM looks the worst. There's some light bussing, but on D1 TMM was the one suggesting we hold off on MMT since other lynch targets weren't getting pushed. There's a lot more, including my case on him yesterday.

##vote TMM

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
##vote Tobbs

This is not an OMGUS vote. I truly believe he is scum.

And just to get this out of the way, I'm the town Tracker. Monothin went nowhere on N1 and I failed to track DB on N2, possibly due to RF.

So far, we've had the N0 kill be a stabbing, then N1 was shot in the head. That shot also appears on N2 along with a poison and a janitored flame kill.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
My vote on Monothin to start D2 plus my next post saying it was a gambit that went nowhere was the breadcrumb in case I died during the night.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I am also extremely suspicious of DB.

Here is his MMT vote yesterday:

Dick Bastardly posted:

I'd vote mmt based on my read D1.

I'm thinking mmt, tmm, merk for scum team atm.

##vote mmt

And here is his D1 read:

Dick Bastardly posted:

Heading to work. Will make my best effort to read through the day, but will probably participate more this afternoon (est timezone).

Ecco seems calm about his/her reactions. Not sure how that fits in with ecco's usual play.

Moat reads aggressive, but also quite defensive. I feel like scum moat would be a bit more jokey and relaxed to start off... still not sure what to make of moat yet.

MMT started off relaxed and jokey, and doesn't seem overly defensive (as moat seems to be).

If I were to force myself to make alignment calls, based mainly on gut, I'd say MMT is the most suss of the bunch. I think MMT would be more analytical and straight forward as town (even this early in the game)

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

got some chores tonight posted:

mmt, tobbs, dickb, lupus? - i believe

This ia chores list last night and while we can't be sure of his alignment, I think it's safe to assume he was town.

And I think one of those people killed him.

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice

TMMadman posted:

##vote Tobbs

This is not an OMGUS vote. I truly believe he is scum.

And just to get this out of the way, I'm the town Tracker. Monothin went nowhere on N1 and I failed to track DB on N2, possibly due to RF.

So far, we've had the N0 kill be a stabbing, then N1 was shot in the head. That shot also appears on N2 along with a poison and a janitored flame kill.

Why do you believe tobbs is scum?

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

I think with MMT's scum flip TMM looks the worst. There's some light bussing, but on D1 TMM was the one suggesting we hold off on MMT since other lynch targets weren't getting pushed. There's a lot more, including my case on him yesterday.

##vote TMM

Agreed

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice
The two new flavors of kills are interesting, since both seem like roles that have to set up the kill at least a day in advance, i.e. poisoner and arsonist.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I’m back in action. Will reread game.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Xad posted:

Why do you believe tobbs is scum?

Agreed

Tobbs has been all over the place.

I'm actually sitting here wondering if we are facing a 3 person scum team (down 1 from MMT) and a SK who has multiple ways of killing people.

Although maybe it makes more sense if the shot to the head is from an SK and the poison/burning come from the scum team.

Ultimately, I'm not sure if Tobbs is actual scum, but I'm almost positive the he's not town. He doesn't seem to really care who gets lynched as long as it's not him.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Scum Tracker is a thing. Why would you claim basically unprovoked?

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Xad posted:

The two new flavors of kills are interesting, since both seem like roles that have to set up the kill at least a day in advance, i.e. poisoner and arsonist.

I think the burning part is just flavor for a janitored kill and not actually from an arsonist.

The thing that makes the most sense is the scum team poisoned Moat N1 and then an SK shot Keane. Then last night the poison kills Moat, the scum team kills chores with a janitor kill and the SK shoots RF.

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice

Xad posted:

Not to get too setup spec-y but I'm kindof hoping one of them doesn't require setup, because otherwise that means scum can set up at LEAST two kills in advance at once

TMMadman posted:

Tobbs has been all over the place.

I'm actually sitting here wondering if we are facing a 3 person scum team (down 1 from MMT) and a SK who has multiple ways of killing people.

Although maybe it makes more sense if the shot to the head is from an SK and the poison/burning come from the scum team.

Ultimately, I'm not sure if Tobbs is actual scum, but I'm almost positive the he's not town. He doesn't seem to really care who gets lynched as long as it's not him.

I'll have to reread to see if I agree with that, I thought he was doing some decent casing earlier, d1 specifically.

And I'm always a little wary of the first person to bring up the possibility of an SK/3P, but with the THREE kills that just happened, it's not too sus to me

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

merk posted:

Scum Tracker is a thing. Why would you claim basically unprovoked?

No reason to sit on it anymore with 3 deaths and me being blocked. I don't know if it was from RF or if scum have a roleblocker.

Given that town had a cop, I'm thinking one samurai is probably going to be a godfather, MMT was a ninja and could be the source of the poison with another scum having janitor powers. Or it could be that the scum team itself has the varioud kill methods to use by whoever is still alive and it's a traditional godfather/roleblocker/ninja scum team.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

TMMadman posted:

No reason to sit on it anymore with 3 deaths and me being blocked.

This makes no sense.

TMMadman posted:

Given that town had a cop, I'm thinking one samurai is probably going to be a godfather, MMT was a ninja and could be the source of the poison with another scum having janitor powers. Or it could be that the scum team itself has the varioud kill methods to use by whoever is still alive and it's a traditional godfather/roleblocker/ninja scum team.

So why'd you claim?

• Locked thread