Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Birdstrike posted:

sal

the sub is never coming back

If true I want to keep TMM around to see him melt down

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Birdstrike posted:

Mr F., why don’t you show them how serious we are...

Sounds like someone is worried about their scumbuddy! Which is odd since you went after your other scumbuddy, IS, so readily!

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Seriously though, I'm not scum. I know that's hard to swallow, but there is no way I'm going to come out on D1 and hard defend a scumbuddy with just a few hours left in a day that I spent not posting.

I mean I could have just dropped a vote for pretty much anyone and then disappeared without really calling any attention to myself on D1 and instead people think I'm going to deliberately be a giant idiot. While I am often a giant idiot, I never do it deliberately.

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby
do you have any other scum reads besides mr. f?

LupusAter
Sep 5, 2011

BottleKnight posted:

glad we caught scum. absolutely will vote tmm. my thought process is that he was trying to direct the lynch away from IS D1 because it's early and there's a good chance you can cause some confusion after the N1 flip and mix things up (specifically if you know dickb is gonna flip town)

otherwise i'm always pretty WIFOM-y with it and go "that's too obvious, scum would never defend a scumbud so hard" but yeah D1 is a little different.

I agree with this line of reasoning, and it's not like the vote was so decided in favor of IS that scum would never try to steer it towards DB.

I also don't like Mr. F's silence, and that combined with the D1 weirdness makes me pretty sure he's scum who tried and failed to derail discussion. No other reads atm.

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

TMMadman posted:

there is no way I'm going to come out on D1 and hard defend a scumbuddy with just a few hours left in a day that I spent not posting.

I mean I could have just dropped a vote for pretty much anyone and then disappeared without really calling any attention to myself on D1 and instead people think I'm going to deliberately be a giant idiot. While I am often a giant idiot, I never do it deliberately.

the first part of this is especially reasonable, but you made a mistake by going for the obvious move when you killed my friend max!

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby
how dare he

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby

thanks max

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby
why did you specify max snail?

maybe scum have tridents.

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

Atomic Soda posted:

why did you specify max snail?

maybe scum have tridents.

I felt very strongly about max specifically because of his interactions with tmm, and of the players here that would kill max n1, I feel that tmm is a solid suspect even without regards to this game in particular

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Alright, I was hoping I wouldn't have a busy day so I could post some more in depth thoughts, but it doesn't look lile that is going to happen today.

And since the day is focused on me, I'm going to go ahead and full claim now. I probably should have just opened the day with it, but I wanted to see how things started.

I almost certainly did kill Max, but I am not scum. I am a loud CPR doctor. The loud part makes it so that anyone who targets my target knows that I visited the player because they get something along the lines of "TMM was also there" attached to their result PM. Also my role PM flavor indicated that I get angry when lose a patient, but I had no idea it would end up looking like such a brutal kill.

I thought about targeting Mr. F last night but I really thought scum might go after Max since he seemed the most town to me and I don't know if we have an actual doctor.

I really think Mr F is scum here and would like to vote him out today. However, if we don't want to do that then I can just target him tonight if I'm not the lynch.

I've gotta get back to work but I'm hoping I can post some thoughts about scum later in thr day, but if not I should be around for the deadline.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Max, I'm sorry but I was trying to save you!

:glomp:

Blame Ecco!

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
I'm not really buying it tbh

I'd vote either atm.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

TMMadman posted:

Alright, I was hoping I wouldn't have a busy day so I could post some more in depth thoughts, but it doesn't look lile that is going to happen today.

And since the day is focused on me, I'm going to go ahead and full claim now. I probably should have just opened the day with it, but I wanted to see how things started.

I almost certainly did kill Max, but I am not scum. I am a loud CPR doctor. The loud part makes it so that anyone who targets my target knows that I visited the player because they get something along the lines of "TMM was also there" attached to their result PM. Also my role PM flavor indicated that I get angry when lose a patient, but I had no idea it would end up looking like such a brutal kill.

I thought about targeting Mr. F last night but I really thought scum might go after Max since he seemed the most town to me and I don't know if we have an actual doctor.

I really think Mr F is scum here and would like to vote him out today. However, if we don't want to do that then I can just target him tonight if I'm not the lynch.

I've gotta get back to work but I'm hoping I can post some thoughts about scum later in thr day, but if not I should be around for the deadline.

I'm sorry can you explain what a CPR doc is? So you tried to protect Max but you killed him instead because....?

I have played like 400 games and I have no idea what role you are saying you have here.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Hal Incandenza posted:

I'm sorry can you explain what a CPR doc is? So you tried to protect Max but you killed him instead because....?

I have played like 400 games and I have no idea what role you are saying you have here.

A CPR doctor kills his target if that player isn't targeted by a killer at night. And given my flavor, I'm not sure anything can stop my 'kill' except an actual kill.

It's kind of a rare role but it fits with the theme. I think it's generally better to treat it more like a vig and aim for scum, but I really thought that Max was going to be the NK target so i thought it was worth the risk.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

TMMadman posted:

A CPR doctor kills his target if that player isn't targeted by a killer at night. And given my flavor, I'm not sure anything can stop my 'kill' except an actual kill.

It's kind of a rare role but it fits with the theme. I think it's generally better to treat it more like a vig and aim for scum, but I really thought that Max was going to be the NK target so i thought it was worth the risk.

this is the dumbest claim which is apparently real role, but I don’t think it fits the flavour.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Birdstrike posted:

this is the dumbest claim which is apparently real role, but I don’t think it fits the flavour.

You're right a society that lives underwater would never need a doctor who specializes in CPR because surely there is never any flooding or accidental drownings. I don't know what else to tell you except it's an Ecco game.

I literally can't target someone without everyone who also targets that person knowing (regardless of whether I protect or kill them), so I'd be useless as scum.

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

TMMadman posted:

You're right a society that lives underwater would never need a doctor who specializes in CPR because surely there is never any flooding or accidental drownings. I don't know what else to tell you except it's an Ecco game.

I literally can't target someone without everyone who also targets that person knowing (regardless of whether I protect or kill them), so I'd be useless as scum.

in your head canon for this claim, you seem to feel that you'd be a "loud CPR doctor" as a scum player, too

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

Birdstrike posted:

Holy poo poo that's a real role? That's pretty crazy sounding.

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

SalTheBard posted:

Holy poo poo that's a real role? That's pretty crazy sounding.

the ideal way to use it is not using it most of the time. especially on someone you're sure is town when there are 20+ targets for a killer to choose.

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
because you're going to kill them. the town player.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this
I think even if you really think someone is likely to be the NK there’s waaaaaaaay too much WIFOM to reasonably think you’re not gonna end up killing that person. TMM’s claim seems super fake to me. If this were a real role I think he would have used it like a vig.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

sentimental snail posted:

because you're going to kill them. the town player.

Yes

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Also doesn’t TMM usually breadcrumb? I can’t remember which games but for some reason I have it in my head that TMM regularly breadcrumbs.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

the ideal way to use it is not using it most of the time. especially on someone you're sure is town when there are 20+ targets for a killer to choose.

This is a bit disingenuous because there weren't 20 people in the game at the start of the night. There were only 13. And a good number of them could be scratched off as actual targets. For example, scum probably wouldn't want to kill anyone who wasn't on the IS train because it'd be easier to make cases against them. And I didn't think scum would kill BK, KB, DBD for similar reasons.

In my mind, the only two people who wouldn't be a lynch target today were Max and DB and so I felt they were the most likely to be killed. I was wrong but that doesn't mean I'm scum.

Although it does mean that I've been wishing I could change my N1 decision and wondering how the day would have played out if I had picked a different target.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
:c: The Current Day 2 Votecount :c:

TMMadman (2): Birdstrike, sentimental snail, SalTheBard, -SalTheBard
Mr. F! (1): TMMadman

Not Voting (8): Atomic Soda, BottleKnight, Deadbeat Dad, Dick Bastardly, Hal Incandenza, LupusAter, Mr. F!, SalTheBard

:h: With 11 players alive, it takes 6 votes to be executed.
:d: The current deadline is March 13th, 2018 at 11 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 4 3/4 hours from this post.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
So, in the odd-chance that TMM is telling the truth, is their a reason to even keep him alive with a role like that? You can answer this too, TMM.. just seeing what other peoplethink. For me it would be between him and Mr. F. Leaning TMM right now just because of that claim.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
if TMM is town he could like, not use that power

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Deadbeat Dad posted:

So, in the odd-chance that TMM is telling the truth, is their a reason to even keep him alive with a role like that? You can answer this too, TMM.. just seeing what other peoplethink. For me it would be between him and Mr. F. Leaning TMM right now just because of that claim.

I admit that role is a bit odd and dangerous, but this is a crappy argument. It sounds like DBD is looking to vote me because of my role. I am a strong town player who can analyze the game which I'm getting more engaged in. That's why you keep me over a person who hasn't even engaged in the game. Mr. F has all of a dozen posts and basically no opinions. That's lurking scum and you're all letting him live.

However, a role related reason to keep me around is because I represent a threat to scum since I can kill them by trying to doctor them. Yes, there's trust involved but I've got no problem not taking an action unless the town agrees on someone.

If the circumstances of D1 had been different we probably wouldn't even be talking about this now since I either would have targeted Mr F or nobody at all.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
TMM, is it a power you can withhold? (Sorry if you already answered that, was busy doing Westworld wrap up stuff).

Birdstrike posted:

if TMM is town he could like, not use that power

If it's possible, yeah. I believe parts of what he says up until the "I don't know if we had a doctor" part. Like, if you're going to kill Max, please be drat sure about the odds you have with it. If you have even the slightest bit of doubt that you are going to kill him, why not just go after a lurker? That's already a lot of damage done to town on N1 just because Max is an asset when he's town.

Even if TMM does flip town, if he can't withhold that power it's just not worth having around. And of course he can also still be scum. I know TMM as scum usually gets kinda flustered (or at least that was how it used to be), maybe things have changed!

BTW, can you tell me why you would get "mad beast" and "rip'd" flavor on the Max kill? Maybe it's not scum, that seems very serial killer-y and weird flavor for a CPR doc. I'm not all for flavor lynches, just another thing that isn't adding up.

LupusAter
Sep 5, 2011

Hm. I don't really like TMM's claim. Pretty sure town wouldn't use that power N1, the chances of hitting scum or actually protecting someone are too low to bother with. Besides, it just makes more sense to use it as a vig rather than a doctor, and Max looked pretty towny.

##vote TMM

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I'm on my way home and I'll address that Lupus vote when I get there.

However, as to your question DBD. Yes, I can absolutely withhold my action. The only restriction is that I can't target myself.

I won't be using it tonight unless somehow both me and Mr F are still alive.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Oh my deadline is very soon. I am driving home, my gut feeling is not liking the claim but I will have time to read closer in a little bit

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
I think town TMM would have claimed killing early in the day rather than after votes had started to appear. He could have said “I’m basically a vig” which if he did early I might have believed but probably not now.

Also Mr F seems like a very convenient target as the alternative vote.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

TMMadman posted:

I'm on my way home and I'll address that Lupus vote when I get there.

However, as to your question DBD. Yes, I can absolutely withhold my action. The only restriction is that I can't target myself.

I won't be using it tonight unless somehow both me and Mr F are still alive.

Any idea about the flavor stuff as well? (Once you're back home!)

Birdstrike posted:

I think town TMM would have claimed killing early in the day rather than after votes had started to appear. He could have said “I’m basically a vig” which if he did early I might have believed but probably not now.

Kind of agreeing with this.

How do you feel about Mr. F? I know you guys are cool but he's not contributing at all, so , if anything it serves as a distraction to town and might be lurking scum. It's convenient in the sense that it's a really obvious alternate lynch, but an alternate lynch that would make sense.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Birdstrike posted:

The votes appeared before I ever posted.

Mr F isn't a convenient target. He's the reason why mafia kind of sucks sometimes (not personally, just the lurking). He's posted 12 loving times over the course of 5 days and everyone is perfectly fine letting him live.

And yeah I know I spent the better part of D1 not posting but that's because I was trying to decide if I wanted to replace. However, since I decided to stay in the game, I've certainly been engaged in it which is more than be said about Mr F

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

TMMadman posted:

The votes appeared before I ever posted.

Mr F isn't a convenient target. He's the reason why mafia kind of sucks sometimes (not personally, just the lurking). He's posted 12 loving times over the course of 5 days and everyone is perfectly fine letting him live.

And yeah I know I spent the better part of D1 not posting but that's because I was trying to decide if I wanted to replace. However, since I decided to stay in the game, I've certainly been engaged in it which is more than be said about Mr F

Agree, agree, and disagreed. I don't think we're perfectly fine with letting him live. There was a very interesting scenario yesterday with DB/IS and a lot of it looked fishy with how the votes were spread. Expecting everybody to just get off of that and vote Mr. F! is not a viable option. If he's not active in the next day or two, he probably will be modkilled.

In fact, he would probably be a top 2 or 3 target to look at. The big issue is how your role is going to benefit us if you stay alive, and the other issue is how viable the role you have is. If you didn't kill Max, didn't have a back and forth with Max D1, and you didn't go after the wrong person lynch wise D1, this decision would be way easier.

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?

Deadbeat Dad posted:

In fact, he would probably be a top 2 or 3 target to look at. The big issue is how your role is going to benefit us if you stay alive, and the other issue is how viable the role you have is. If you didn't kill Max, didn't have a back and forth with Max D1, and you didn't go after the wrong person lynch wise D1, this decision would be way easier.

this sums up my thoughts pretty well.

tmm makes reasonable points in his defense, but I think I am comfortable sticking with this vote as it all fits too neatly. none of it accounts for the read I had before the claim.

for posterity, noting the previous ecco game where three (?) doctors were voted out in three days

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
I would also like one BottleKnight, scum, to recognize I haven't forgotten his presence

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

I would also like one BottleKnight, scum, to recognize I haven't forgotten his presence

Was just thinking similar thoughts about you darling

• Locked thread