Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
I'm with DBD, I feel better about lunching TMM today vice alleged liar Sal. Would switch only in the case of a deadlocked vote near deadline.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

Dick Bastardly posted:

I'm with DBD, I feel better about lunching TMM today vice alleged liar Sal. Would switch only in the case of a deadlocked vote near deadline.

DBDBD connection

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
woah, big post by Sal. I did not read that before my last post, but I probably won't have a change of opinion.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
At the start of D2 I got a message that said I had a gift. I had the choice to pass the gift to someone or use it on myself. I was tempted to use it on myself but I didn't know what it did. I decided to say gently caress it and pass it on. I decided one of the sub people, as I have respect for MMT I didn't choose her. So that left 3 possible people, and I decided to go with Chaoslord for no real reason. I'm glad that I didn't open that gift now.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

SalTheBard posted:

At the start of D2 I got a message that said I had a gift. I had the choice to pass the gift to someone or use it on myself. I was tempted to use it on myself but I didn't know what it did. I decided to say gently caress it and pass it on. I decided one of the sub people, as I have respect for MMT I didn't choose her. So that left 3 possible people, and I decided to go with Chaoslord for no real reason. I'm glad that I didn't open that gift now.

(The ‘gift’ was a trident.)

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

Birdstrike posted:

Maybe it was love

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

Deadbeat Dad posted:

Maybe it was love

there is no love in mafias

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

flerp posted:

there is no love in mafias

Which is exactly why I didn't want to open it.

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

SalTheBard posted:

Which is exactly why I didn't want to open it.

coward

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

SalTheBard posted:

Did it specifically say you could "use it on yourself"?

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Dick Bastardly posted:

Did it specifically say you could "use it on yourself"?

Only instructions I had were "Open it or pass it along"

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I've just proven that we should absolutely lynch Sal today because even if I was to use my action tonight, town is in no danger or losing to a 4 or 5 person scum team.

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

TMMadman posted:

I've just proven that we should absolutely lynch Sal today because even if I was to use my action tonight, town is in no danger or losing to a 4 or 5 person scum team.

yes because you killing another town is a good thing :)

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

TMMadman posted:

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
I want to believe what Sal is saying about the object, as I have received one as well. However there is one inconsistency about what could be done with it.

My options are to "use", "pass", or do nothing. In opted to do nothing as, I too, don't believe the object is good. I have a bad feeling about it, and instead of passing it to a player I think to be town to use and potentially die over, or accidentally give to scum to use if it does indeed have a benefit.

I think the object might be from scum for ~reasons~, so I plan on not using it and not passing it to anyone.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

flerp posted:

yes because you killing another town is a good thing :)

Those scenarios I posted are assuming scum were able to control me again. I wouldn't use my action unless everyone thought it was a good idea.

For example, let's say we agreed with Monathin that Lupus was very likely to be also be scum, then we could vote out Sal today and have me use my power on Lupus tonight to hopefully just end the game if there are only 4 scum. And if it's 4 scum and me as an SK (it's not!) then you have an easy win lined up.

Think of it not as killing town, but clearing someone albeit in a rather crude way. After all town wins together, so as long as it's not going to actually cause town to lose the game then there is no reason to lynch me today when Sal is caught scum.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
Well if Sal did pass an object along, a tracker would track him to the target right? I suppose it is possible that a scum Sal would know this (if the object is of scum origin) and use it as a fake-claim.

I have gut feels Sal is telling the truth about it, but I can't rule out the possibility of a ruse.

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby

Dick Bastardly posted:

I want to believe what Sal is saying about the object, as I have received one as well. However there is one inconsistency about what could be done with it.

My options are to "use", "pass", or do nothing. In opted to do nothing as, I too, don't believe the object is good. I have a bad feeling about it, and instead of passing it to a player I think to be town to use and potentially die over, or accidentally give to scum to use if it does indeed have a benefit.

I think the object might be from scum for ~reasons~, so I plan on not using it and not passing it to anyone.

can you share why you think it might be from scum at all? when did you get this gift?

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Dick Bastardly posted:

I have gut feels Sal is telling the truth about it, but I can't rule out the possibility of a ruse.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Atomic Soda posted:

can you share why you think it might be from scum at all? when did you get this gift?

I received it at the beginning of D2. I drew a connection from the objects flavor to the trident murder weapon (it's a very loose connection, but it gave me pause when considering using it)

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
dickyb hasn’t told the whole story either

I have given everyone a gift

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

Birdstrike posted:

thank u birdy

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
you can find your present here

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Birdstrike posted:

so... did you or did you not directly, or indirectly kill chaos lord?

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Birdstrike posted:

you can find your present here

:wow:

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
alrighty then, moving on.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
I'm going to bed. Don't worry town, this object won't do us any harm as long as I hold it. I won't be using it.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Ugh Sal's big effortpost reads as genuine so I'm starting to have second thoughts, the fact that DB can confirm he has a box is frustrating because I thought there was something there, there may still be something there though.

Sal, the options you got were Pass It On, or Open It, with no "Do Nothing" prompt like DB got?

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
i also have a trident fwiw

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Monathin posted:

Ugh Sal's big effortpost reads as genuine so I'm starting to have second thoughts, the fact that DB can confirm he has a box is frustrating because I thought there was something there, there may still be something there though.

Sal, the options you got were Pass It On, or Open It, with no "Do Nothing" prompt like DB got?

Do Nothing was an option I had as well but I was worried though that do nothing would be equally as dangerous as opening it. Mine had flavor that made me think it was dangerous.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Birdstrike posted:

Interesting Flerp

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
TMM is the only option, clearly.

I know I'm hammering this point home, but I think more fruitful discussion could happen with him dead. In an ideal world I like TMM and think he's an asset, but with the role he has even if he's town I just don't like him alive.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

SalTheBard posted:

Interesting Flerp

no it was the one you stuck in his chest!

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Deadbeat Dad posted:

I know I'm hammering this point home, but I think more fruitful discussion could happen with him dead. In an ideal world I like TMM and think he's an asset, but with the role he has even if he's town I just don't like him alive.

I really want to dunk Lupus right now but I will begrudgingly admit TMM is the better call at this stage.

##unvote

##vote TMM

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Deadbeat Dad posted:

See this really bothers me and makes me wonder if you are scum. You are saying that you think I am an asset, but you want me dead right now because you don't trust my role.

I've shown you how the numbers play out for pretty much every scenario I can think of right now and we simply can not lose the game if we keep me alive. And sure, the same can be said about lynching me, you certainly won't lose the game if you lynch me right now, but you would lynch another town member instead of lynching the lying scum Sal today.

Or I actually do agree with Monathin that Lupus really needs to be looked at because he is scummy.

While I certainly had a rough start to the game and have been wrong, I have been forthcoming and honest about my role and my actions. I'm posting up a storm and making calls, so the fact that you want me dead just because of my role really makes me doubt you because it's not a town mindset. Sure, there is always a risk, but when we can't lose the game today, why not keep the strong town player even though he has a role you might consider dangerous?

And another thing to consider is that maybe that black ooze thing could make anyone actually do the kill. For all we know, the ooze thing made Max target KB and kill him before I killed Max. We know it can't be the other way around because if KB had targeted Max with a kill then I would have actually protected him.

Or maybe the black ooze is just a one shot deal and scum got lucky that my role had the ability to kill.

It's just the way you keep coming in and saying 'we need to kill TMM because of his role!' gives me the willies.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

TMMadman posted:

See this really bothers me and makes me wonder if you are scum. You are saying that you think I am an asset, but you want me dead right now because you don't trust my role.

I've shown you how the numbers play out for pretty much every scenario I can think of right now and we simply can not lose the game if we keep me alive. And sure, the same can be said about lynching me, you certainly won't lose the game if you lynch me right now, but you would lynch another town member instead of lynching the lying scum Sal today.

Or I actually do agree with Monathin that Lupus really needs to be looked at because he is scummy.

While I certainly had a rough start to the game and have been wrong, I have been forthcoming and honest about my role and my actions. I'm posting up a storm and making calls, so the fact that you want me dead just because of my role really makes me doubt you because it's not a town mindset. Sure, there is always a risk, but when we can't lose the game today, why not keep the strong town player even though he has a role you might consider dangerous?

And another thing to consider is that maybe that black ooze thing could make anyone actually do the kill. For all we know, the ooze thing made Max target KB and kill him before I killed Max. We know it can't be the other way around because if KB had targeted Max with a kill then I would have actually protected him.

Or maybe the black ooze is just a one shot deal and scum got lucky that my role had the ability to kill.

It's just the way you keep coming in and saying 'we need to kill TMM because of his role!' gives me the willies.

I think almost 100 percent I or whoever else has been pressing you will be dead if you stay alive another day. Whether by your own choosing or not. MMT would've clearly gone after you, just like Max did, and just like I am doing. I've been constantly after you and you haven't really responded with a "well you might be scum"! until now, which is what I was waiting for, because it's the natural progression of being poked so much. I want to see why you would think that I'm scum considering that you voted yourself at the start of the day and you have zero idea of what is "happening" to you will ever stop, or if you can even control your ability.

There is no upside to your role besides potentially killing scum. Getting rid of you may get rid of a town role that hasn't helped us and provides little value to us the way it's being used, or it eliminates a SK or killing 3P which is a huge win for us.

If it's scum controlling you, you will never be able to hit a scum with your role. The fact is that your role and your reads are not valuable enough to keep alive another day, I really don't care about the exact numbers. It's the hard truth. If you were getting reads wrong and not killing people, I wouldn't be after you this hard. But you're doing both.

TMMadman posted:

I'm such a big bad scary man for wanting to eliminate a killing role that hasn't benefitted us! Oh no!

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
Also you'd have to take quite the logical leap for me to be scum wanting you out, seeing as you are benefitting scum by creating a lot of attention and talk focused on you. And they may have a power that can control you to kill for them. If I'm scum I have literally no reason to push you this hard and to see you lynched, you are needed for them right now. You aren't needed for town, which is why I want you lynched.

LupusAter
Sep 5, 2011

Ok, sorry for not being around last night. I'll admit I haven't deviated much from thread consensus with my reads, but that's mostly because I agreed with them and they all seemed reasonable votes. I'm never around at deadline, so I have to switch my votes early.

As for reads, DBD's insistence on wanting to lunch TMM (who I think is 3P SK after last night's result) smacks of scum wanting to gain town cred and protect themselves. I do think that TMM is the correct lunch for today, but we should really take a look at DBD after this. Sal's effortpost feels weird, as does his thinking that there are no 3P killers while disbelieving TMM's claim, it simply doesn't add up unless scum has two immediate nightkills, which feels unbalanced. Dunno if it's possible for Ecco games.

Also for what it's worth I received no box.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

LupusAter posted:

Sal's effortpost feels weird, as does his thinking that there are no 3P killers while disbelieving TMM's claim, it simply doesn't add up unless scum has two immediate nightkills, which feels unbalanced.

Thank you for posting. Hopefully you are done lurking so we can get an actual read. I'm just throwing it out there that as someone who didn't go on the sub, to only have 16 posts is woefully pathetic. Thank you for throwing out actual reads instead of just voting with the majority while offering no original content.

I don't know if TMM is a 3p SK or Scum. I feel like that he's scum and I feel like this "black ooze" thing is all bullshit and some excuse cooked up by scumbros. Maybe it's because I just played in a game where everyone was a 3p 1 shot BP SK, but I don't think TMM is a 3p. I've played with town TMM and this isn't town TMM. I've never played in an ecco game before so I'm not sure what to expect there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
Lupus was someone who wasn't even on my radar, until I looked at his post count. I assumed at first that Lupus had gone on the boat with everyone else which would explain why he had so few posts, but he didn't. TO CLARIFY I STILL THINK TMM IS THE CORRECT PLAY TODAY.

D1 posting consists of 9 posts, most of which are talking about Mr. F. Posts this at the end of the night when the cuddle on IS seemed inevitable:

LupusAter posted:

Eh, I still haven't got much of a read on the DB/IS situation. I feel like scum would be more likely to be reactive in this situation, so I'll ##vote IllegallySober in the interest of avoiding a no-hang since probably I won't be around for deadline.

I hate this vote. Note that I like the vote and I'm glad we killed IS, however the "Eh, I'll vote so there isn't a no lynch" is just lazy. Yes I voted for Dick Bastardly (a vote I now sort of regret since I think DB is town), but at least I had reasoning which was that DB had scummy play.

Day 1 was 5 days, Lupus posted 9 times OR 1.8 posts per day.

His Day 2 vote is justifed as:

LupusAter posted:

The more I think about it, the more I feel like it'd be an incredibly ballsy fakeclaim. And apparently the role is in the realm of possibilty, given the OP. gently caress it, let's lynch lurkers.

##unvote

##vote Mr. F

Did I mention that this was one of 5 posts that he posted? There were 4 posts bussing TMM and commenting on his claim.

Like I said TMM IS THE CORRECT PLAY TODAY, but holy poo poo Lupus looks really scummy as well.

• Locked thread