Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
AA is a huge dumbass but probably town. If there's a Kashuno case I'm not aware of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Somberbrero posted:

AA is a huge dumbass but probably town. If there's a Kashuno case I'm not aware of it.

Let's us hang onto your every word as you lead us to victory you brilliant genius.

Tell us, who is scum and you know use that grade A case work to tell us why.

I'll wait.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
Lol @ calling aa a dumbass at least he’s putting effort into the game
Aa I hope you’re not scum

Would vote sombrero if I wasn’t voting dgk already

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Somberbrero posted:

it's his bad posting

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
##vote Quid

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

What in my asking you to case me and answer my questions is making you instead just vote me AA fhfucidkssnf

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
##vote NevergirlsOFFICIAL

Can't shake it. Don't have a great case on it, but all of these cases fuckin' suck. The most interesting thing was the Fisk n0 cop thingy but even that is just speculation. Still think AA and Quid are townies going at each other.

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Hotel Soap is super proud of his little perfumed balls that never get dirty or stinky

b-minus1 posted:

That's right, stick with the omgus not scummy at all. Sounds like fiddy last game.

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Hotel Soap is super proud of his little perfumed balls that never get dirty or stinky

Kashuno posted:

DGK2000 is scum ##vote DGK

Ah, mighty casework there from someone else I called scummy who hasn't even tried to case.

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Kashuno posted:

##vote b-

Early vote on what I'm going to presume is his scumbuddy.

Kashuno posted:

It’s you idiot

In response to bminus asking him who is scum.

When it looked like B was getting lynched.

After Kash voted for me and called me scum, B followed his lead. It looks like scum trying to start a train but also trying to get B to put some fake opinions down since Kash can't come up with any.

In summation: ##vote Kash

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

b-minus1 posted:

Oh my god, you suck. ##vote kash

I believe this supports my theory of them being scum.

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
ok heres some reads because i felt self conscious while eating my dinner

bminus is kind of just throwing things out and altho he keeps saying people r scum he never really tries to like case anybody or convince anybody that people are scum. i want to give bee man the benefit of the doubt for always rolling scum, but idk, he just doesnt seem invested and i guess id expect him to be a lot more, idk, happy to be finally be town? probably scum but i dont want him to be scum :( . i imagine im going to have to vote him, as he might be the best vote today.

fisk and kash are here i guess. no reads on them because they arent posting (:ironicat:). so is dgk, kind of weird they swapped in and were so quiet, but idk maybe reading into things too much? oh hey dgk is back hi dgk :)

a lil bit of me is going :tinfoil: that AA and quid are scumbuds busing each other. i kno quid making a lot of effort posts isnt exactly a town tell for him, last game i was in with AA was in as town (ok, well there was westworld but i died and stopped paying attention, but im talking about ff7 mafs) that i remember he was a bit inactive, but maybe he's trying to be active in this game and i dont want to be a jerk where im like "ah youre posting now when you weren't posting earlier so now youre a baddy." id have to review their posts more but im trying to enjoy my dinner rn. i can def see this possibility, but im a lil wary about voting out AA and quid who are actually giving out content vs like fisk or kash or me or bee movie who arent doing a whole lot.

ngo i will forever have no opinion on because i have no idea what they are doing or if they are town or scum. we kill them if we want because i dont know how im actually supposed to case ngo not gonna lie.

somb and dbd havent posted a lot but give me overall good vibes.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

Let's us hang onto your every word as you lead us to victory you brilliant genius.

Tell us, who is scum and you know use that grade A case work to tell us why.

I'll wait.

i made a case. i put my vote down and everything.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

flerp posted:

ok heres some reads because i felt self conscious while eating my dinner

bminus is kind of just throwing things out and altho he keeps saying people r scum he never really tries to like case anybody or convince anybody that people are scum. i want to give bee man the benefit of the doubt for always rolling scum, but idk, he just doesnt seem invested and i guess id expect him to be a lot more, idk, happy to be finally be town? probably scum but i dont want him to be scum :( . i imagine im going to have to vote him, as he might be the best vote today.

fisk and kash are here i guess. no reads on them because they arent posting (:ironicat:). so is dgk, kind of weird they swapped in and were so quiet, but idk maybe reading into things too much? oh hey dgk is back hi dgk :)

a lil bit of me is going :tinfoil: that AA and quid are scumbuds busing each other. i kno quid making a lot of effort posts isnt exactly a town tell for him, last game i was in with AA was in as town (ok, well there was westworld but i died and stopped paying attention, but im talking about ff7 mafs) that i remember he was a bit inactive, but maybe he's trying to be active in this game and i dont want to be a jerk where im like "ah youre posting now when you weren't posting earlier so now youre a baddy." id have to review their posts more but im trying to enjoy my dinner rn. i can def see this possibility, but im a lil wary about voting out AA and quid who are actually giving out content vs like fisk or kash or me or bee movie who arent doing a whole lot.

ngo i will forever have no opinion on because i have no idea what they are doing or if they are town or scum. we kill them if we want because i dont know how im actually supposed to case ngo not gonna lie.

somb and dbd havent posted a lot but give me overall good vibes.

maybe it's you bussing your teammate or maybe also i'm wrong but i agree with most of these words. the stuff about AA and quid bussing each other actually really makes sense for me because otherwise i don't know how AA can justify his vote.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

b-minus1 posted:

you can put a lot of effort into jerking off but don't expect me to give you a medal for it.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

hey buddy, you try having an extremely long, soft penis

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Somberbrero posted:

maybe it's you bussing your teammate or maybe also i'm wrong but i agree with most of these words. the stuff about AA and quid bussing each other actually really makes sense for me because otherwise i don't know how AA can justify his vote.

Looks like a stupid slapfight they keep having to me. They both seem more town to me than not.

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

Somberbrero posted:

id never bus anybody i dont even have a driver's license

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

Hey man, don't lump me into AA's bad vote on me. I have nothing to do with that!

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

DGK2000 posted:

Looks like a stupid slapfight they keep having to me. They both seem more town to me than not.

hmmm!

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Quidthulhu posted:

Hey man, don't lump me into AA's bad vote on me. I have nothing to do with that!

Somberbrero posted:

-----

Anomalous Amalgam 03/14/2018 @ 5:39 AM US CST posted:

I think Dead Cow might have rolled scum.

Calls me out for a serious vote on dancer (who probably also rolled scum).

New or not, Dancer was acting a bit weird with that self-conscious unvote.

I think DC looks worse for it.

##vote DC
I make 4 other posts in thread and they are all jokes, no content to them, then Quid engages me with:

Quidthulhu 03/14/2018 @ 11:49 AM US CST posted:

I want AA to expand on this because it's the only vote that seems to have any legs / might have merit but idgi? I feel like we're all just shrugging toward a dunk since the deadline is so early and nobody noticed to start playing actual mafia :v:

AA are you heeere
So every other vote in the game at this point in time is literally just voting someone with one or two words at best. The closest thing to a case in terms of votes is Somber's early vote on DC for her apparent reaction to a joke. Somber voted DC on March 12th @ 5:01 PM US CST, not even a full 8 hours after the game started.

What is there to expand on really? Mostly a gut feel about DC's call-out. Feels forced. I think that's worse than Dancer's play.
It's important to note here for the coming explanation why my response here is simply an explanation of the post Quid asked me about.

Quidthulhu posted:

It seems a bit odd to me that other stuff has happened in thread and DC's still your strongest gut-read. Nothing else? How do you feel about b- and myself being terrible at reading comprehension?

Now I've bolded the first sentence, because it's the linchpin in proving to you all that this is an illegitimate argument Quid is raising.

"It seems a bit odd to me that other stuff has happened in thread..."

Point to this other stuff specifically for the rest of the thread to see, please?

Also keep in mind that this case was made on March 14th, meaning that I had given the time to actually read the game, think about it in the context of joke phase wrapping up and make a vote.

The case, which I'll quote again for you was:

Anomalous Amalgam 03/14/2018 @ 5:39 AM US CST posted:

I think Dead Cow might have rolled scum.

Calls me out for a serious vote on dancer (who probably also rolled scum).

New or not, Dancer was acting a bit weird with that self-conscious unvote.

I think DC looks worse for it.

##vote DC

----

[quote="Dead Cow 03/12/2018 @ 2:45 PM US CST" post="482089732"]
"Anomalous Amalgam 03/12/2018 @ 2:12 PM US CST"
##vote Dancer

Trying to hard to fit in with us hard working locals.

Smells like privilege."

How dare you serious vote so early

##AA

----

This is what I voted DC for 2 days later after they made the post.

My jokephase response was:

Trying to impersonate a true blue American with that fake action.

Tell me more, Rommel

A dig at the messed up vote that looks like a faked action.

----

So back to Quid:

Quidthulhu posted:

It seems a bit odd to me that other stuff has happened in thread and DC's still your strongest gut-read. Nothing else? How do you feel about b- and myself being terrible at reading comprehension?

"DC's still your strongest gut-read"

So this is clever wording by Quid really.

I give no indication of holding conviction for a length of time in my response to him, and he produces it where there is none.

Another reason why this is bad and fake is because the case was literally made just a few hours before he asked. On that same day.

Literally the only other thing going on at that time was B- and himself failing at reading comprehension. The only other thing. That's it!

He is conveying to you that I've held some bad and silly opinion for a length of time, and that is simply a false representation and untrue, and it is why I think Quid is scum.

People discrediting me as a huge dumbass or simply making bad votes are probably your scum.

I'm going to keep my vote on Quid, because he is manufacturing false content.

So I don't see how it's hard to justify anything.

Anomalous Amalgam fucked around with this message at 08:50 on Mar 16, 2018

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
I tried to fix the broken quote in that post. I edited nothing else. Sorry for breaking the rules. Was outside of ninja window. :v:

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

b-minus1 posted:

Lol I haven’t been nervous for a second in this game why would I be

b-minus1 posted:

NGO dgk sombrer is the scumteam

these back to back is weird

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

DGK2000 posted:

Early vote on what I'm going to presume is his scumbuddy.

In response to bminus asking him who is scum.

When it looked like B was getting lynched.

After Kash voted for me and called me scum, B followed his lead. It looks like scum trying to start a train but also trying to get B to put some fake opinions down since Kash can't come up with any.

In summation: ##vote Kash

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I mean you are right I was trying to start a train on you, but you're wrong I can't come up with any opinions! I have my opinions that I think I've made pretty clear. I don't need to write essays with references for me to express my opinion

but I will for you

Kashuno posted:

this poo poo is plurality and you drop off one of the vote leaders. Shameful

Kashuno posted:

You seem to have this impression that I'm not taking things seriously and that my votes aren't 100% serious. Not sure why you got that impression?

Kashuno posted:

Quid and AA seem fine to me!

Kashuno posted:

Quid and AA seem fine to me!

Kashuno posted:

DGK2000 is scum ##vote DGK

Kashuno posted:

these back to back is weird

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I am coming down off of DGK who I think is just a baddie. b- never answered my question

and just keeps repeating himself

b-minus1 posted:

NGO +somb +dgb scumteam, hmmm I could see that.

b-minus1 posted:

Edit: Dgk

b-minus1 posted:

NGO dgk scumteam

b-minus1 posted:

NGO dgk sombrer is the scumteam

They don't really ever justify this opinion, they just kinda hang it out there over and over. I don't like it at all

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Jonathan Fisk posted:

I explained exactly why AA is scum.

nah you didn't fam

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
AA is probably fine and tbh I am not going to read his giant +-69 point spreads on people

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Hello I am sure you've all missed my drive-by sentence posts. I was busy in meetings for 5 hours yesterday that then turned into playing gloomhaven all night. What a good loving game gloomhaven is.

anywho back to the action

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Next on my random list to read is dancer

Dancer posted:

And I'm re-reading now that, despite all the words they flung at each other, apparently at the stast of the day AA reached the same conclusion Quid did, and snap-voted JFisk. I kinda wanna ask what's the deal? Am I that weird for it not even crossing my mind that a stealth-N0 would happen? The way I see it it's a foregone conclusion that Hal had not had a chance to use his role yet, ergo he was working on the same info we have.

Good post. Quid's "n0 in the OP" is dumb.

<big post> Looks good to me.

his post on AA is real bad, if one is scum the other probably is.

although........................

DANCER, you give no opinion on who's scum or town, you're just saying words. Give some alignment reads

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Deadbeat Dad posted:

##vote NevergirlsOFFICIAL

Can't shake it. Don't have a great case on it, but all of these cases fuckin' suck. The most interesting thing was the Fisk n0 cop thingy but even that is just speculation. Still think AA and Quid are townies going at each other.

this is really bad.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
flerp exists

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
dunno why anyone finds NGO to be scummy they're one of the most concrete in their reads so far.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
quid is all over the place do not like as much anymore

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Somberbrero posted:

i made a case. i put my vote down and everything.

Scrolled through and uh.

no you didn't

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
baddies: fisk, quid, b-

goodies?: dgk, ngo, aa

everyone else is a maybe

##vote b-

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

Kashuno posted:

dunno why anyone finds NGO to be scummy they're one of the most concrete in their reads so far.

Lol he hasn't said poo poo besides b-minus is scum, then Quid is town and then scum. You're only saying this because you think 2 of those guys are scummy too. And you weren't right about DC so that concrete is fuckin silly putty my man.

I still can't see Quid scum. b-minus is either playing wildly diff because he's scum and doing something different just to entertain himself or playing some weird rear end town game. b-minus is a decent vote rn. Not going to vote Quid or AA today.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
"you weren't right about a d1 case that you just threw out there"

oh no

you caught me

I was wrong

on day one

oh no

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Look at my loving case. Christ loving a chair. Look at my god drat case.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Actually read the loving thing.

• Locked thread