Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Jerusalem posted:

Slimer wasn't evil, he just wanted to eat a shitload of food.

The Staypuft Marshmallow-Man was a happy lumbering dude till he got blasted by their proton weapons too!

Staypuft was Gozer's corporeal vessel!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Jerusalem posted:

Slimer wasn't evil, he just wanted to eat a shitload of food.

The Staypuft Marshmallow-Man was a happy lumbering dude till he got blasted by their proton weapons too!

What? No I mean the real Ghostbusters, starring my girl Melissa McCarthy.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

MassRafTer posted:

La Dama Del Silencio
Chris Benoit
Jimmy Snuka
Invader #1
Bruiser Bedlam
Moolah
Rock N Roll Buck Zumhofe
Billy Wolfe
Hardbody Harrison
Grizzly Smith

After the murderers, multiple rapists and such in the top ten you've got singular rapists like Art Barr, multiple time wife beaters like Steve Austin, KKK members, accused rapists like Vince McMahon and a whole list before you get to Dynamite Kid.

Dynamite Kid admits to drugging and raping his wife and her sister IIRC in her book. Like he thought it was no big deal.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Aphrodite posted:

What? No I mean the real Ghostbusters, starring my girl Melissa McCarthy.

The Real Ghostbusters starred Dave Coulier and Arsenio Hall, friend.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Gaz-L posted:

Staypuft was Gozer's corporeal vessel!

The inherent goodness and love of the Staypuft Marshmallow-Man as filtered through Ray's memories was able to contain and imprison Gozer's evil, until the Ghostbusters' unwarranted attack gave it the opening it needed to take control :colbert:

The Senator Giroux
Jul 9, 2006
Dead Ringer

I don’t think there’s anything evil about a ghost wanting to suck Dan Ackroyd’s dick

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The Senator Giroux posted:

I don’t think there’s anything evil about a ghost wanting to suck Dan Ackroyd’s dick

Have you seen Dan Ackroyd?

No ghost is going down on Dan Ackroyd without at least questionable intentions.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

What if the ghost was drunk on crystal skull vodka

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

Now I think about it, Gozer wasnt even a ghost. Ghostbusters had no business busting a non-ghost, and really should have stayed in their lane.

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

Jerusalem posted:

The inherent goodness and love of the Staypuft Marshmallow-Man as filtered through Ray's memories was able to contain and imprison Gozer's evil, until the Ghostbusters' unwarranted attack gave it the opening it needed to take control :colbert:

This is the face of something not corrupted by evil, sure

(now that I actually look at this thing for an extended period of time, how the gently caress did we all buy that it could climb the side of a skyscraper without scraping half of its body off going up)

Also, he stepped on a church, and nobody steps on a church in my town.

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

Aphrodite posted:

That doesn't hold up.

The Ghostbusters exclusively busted evil ghosts but that movie was still bad.

Which one? The original was good, but the remake I found just okay.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

fart blood posted:

Which one? The original was good, but the remake I found just okay.

Ghostbusters 2 is just "Ghostbusters 1, again" and it kinda makes me lol that people were trying to convince Bill Murray to do 3 for thirty years.

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

dont even fink about it posted:

Ghostbusters 2 is just "Ghostbusters 1, again" and it kinda makes me lol that people were trying to convince Bill Murray to do 3 for thirty years.

Ghostbusters 2 kinda sorta completely stunk, in my humble opinion.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Well he did do two Garfield movies. Clearly they should have just killed off Venkman and made him a CGI ghost Murray could voice from his driveway.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Ghostbusters 3 would have been better than Osmosis Jones and Charlie's Angels

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

Smoking Crow posted:

Ghostbusters 3 would have been better than Osmosis Jones and Charlie's Angels

Not better than Rushmore though.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Maxwell Lord posted:

Not better than Rushmore though.

gently caress, Rushmore owns, I should watch that again. As well as every other Wes Anderson film because they're all loving awesome.

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

The Senator Giroux posted:

Look at this guy who wasn't listening to Christian talk radio back when the movie first came out.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I was going to make a joke about you all misremembering it and Ray just being really horny for ghosts to the point he had a wet dream...

But apparently there was a whole deleted scene where he really does get blown by a ghost and falls in love with her. And now I need to go check and see if my Blu Ray copy has deleted scenes because I've seen Ghostbusters like 30 times and I had no idea about this.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

fart blood posted:

yeah dude it fuckin sucks

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

fart blood posted:

Peter MacNicol and Rick Moranis save that movie for me.

21 Hoot Salute
Feb 8, 2005

Night-time, turn around
Lonely is the city tonight
Night-time, all around
Lonely in the city tonight

STAC Goat posted:

Well he did do two Garfield movies. Clearly they should have just killed off Venkman and made him a CGI ghost Murray could voice from his driveway.

My favorite part of him doing Garfield is that he did it because he thought Joel Coen of the Coen brothers was writing it, instead of some scrub named Joel Cohen who was actually writing it :xd:

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

I posit that the Ghostbusters series was dumb SyFy schlock that was only elevated by its cast and a few good for their time visual effects.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

fart blood posted:

I don't know about stunk, but it is the worst of the three, for sure.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Gaz-L posted:

I don't know about stunk, but it is the worst of the three, for sure.

Evolution was the worst of the four :sigh:

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

As a lifelong Garfield fan thanks to Garfield & Friends, I think Murray was a great choice. The movies sucked but that wasn't his fault.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
I loving love Ghostbusters 2.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
I'm watching mid-south on the network and is there any particular reason bill watts pronounces suplex as 'suplay' and 'dibiase' as 'dibias'? im assuming the suplex thing is just archaic pronunciation but the announcers and other wrestlers say dibiase and bill watts just soldiers on with 'dibias'

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Supleh is how suplex is pronounced in real wrestling

Watch early UFC when Dan Severn is there and the commentators will call them suplehs

Son of Man
Jan 29, 2003

by Azathoth

Seams posted:

I'm watching mid-south on the network and is there any particular reason bill watts pronounces suplex as 'suplay' and 'dibiase' as 'dibias'? im assuming the suplex thing is just archaic pronunciation but the announcers and other wrestlers say dibiase and bill watts just soldiers on with 'dibias'

a lot of Italian dialects drop the vowel off the end of words.

can someone fill me in on the whole hardbody owned slaves thing

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Son of Man posted:

can someone fill me in on the whole hardbody owned slaves thing

If you have two hours free, Crime in Sports did a pretty comprehensive telling of his story.

https://audioboom.com/posts/5754342-061-colder-than-a-killer-the-tyrannicalness-of-hardbody-harrison-norris

From what I remember, the basic gist is that he imprisoned female trainees on his farm and pimped them out, taking all the money from their bookings. Not a unique story in the wrestling word by any means.

e: They've also done episodes on Snuka and Bedlam in the past if anyone's interested.

Von Linus
Apr 6, 2006
I complete me.

Seams posted:

I thought Gordon Solie called them Suplays, and other people might have followed suit as a tip of the hat

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
Did Hardbody Harrison ever actually do anything other than own slaves and appear in the Louis Theroux Weird Weekends episode? They're the only two things I ever hear in connection to him.

You could say that his crimes were almost as bad as the promo he cut in the documentary! :haw: (although he was actually marginally better than the dude he was paired with)

MassRafTer posted:

Goddamnit MRT.

Von Linus
Apr 6, 2006
I complete me.

Hedgehog Pie posted:

Did Hardbody Harrison ever actually do anything other than own slaves and appear in the Louis Theroux Weird Weekends episode? They're the only two things I ever hear in connection to him.

You could say that his crimes were almost as bad as the promo he cut in the documentary! :haw: (although he was actually marginally better than the dude he was paired with)

Goddamnit MRT.

He was on a toughman tv show once. I saw him and went 'That's him that is'. Then he lost.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

MassRafTer posted:

Same.

I like it as much as the first one, even. :downs:

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

MassRafTer posted:

It's a good film! It has Viggo, Scourge of Carpathia in it, and the Statue of Liberty squashes that one dude's car.

Son of Man
Jan 29, 2003

by Azathoth
I saw a steve Austin shoot interview where he said that the stone cold character was based on a serial killer. does anyone know the story here?

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Son of Man posted:

I saw a steve Austin shoot interview where he said that the stone cold character was based on a serial killer. does anyone know the story here?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_Kuklinski

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

MassRafTer posted:

Whenever I ask people to name a comedy sequel that was good the answer is always "Ghostbusters 2 was ok"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTdscxXc9fg&t=242s