Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Alaster
Nov 18, 2006

Hanging just next to your door in the hallway is a painting of an EXQUISITE WIZARD. Your mother collects these awful things IRONICALLY.
##Vote: mr F

this is way more convoluted than it should be

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
I like the alias "Mr Fuckman" personally

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

I dont have a vig.

##vote dick

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
oooooooooooooo

you lied, for shame

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

Dick Bastardly posted:

oooooooooooooo

you lied, for shame

(I always lie)

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
I will say I'm not feeling Mr F for scum.

fwiw

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

EXCEPT,

about Dick bastardly and one of keane or alasdair (or possibly both) being scum.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Mr. F! posted:

(I always lie)

are you, or are you not scum this game?

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Mr. F! posted:

EXCEPT,

about Dick bastardly and one of keane or alasdair (or possibly both) being scum.

Are you saying you know I'm scum 100%?

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

Dick Bastardly posted:

are you, or are you not scum this game?

I am NOT scum.

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

Dick Bastardly posted:

Are you saying you know I'm scum 100%?

You're my biggest, deepest read.

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

Also its funny that Alasdair "Alasdair Lied, Townies Died" Crawfish is voting me for lying.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Mr. F! posted:

I am NOT scum.

Mr. F! posted:

You're my biggest, deepest read.

I stand by this:

Dick Bastardly posted:

I will say I'm not feeling Mr F for scum.

fwiw

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
I believe you believe I'm scum, but you read town to me.

I'm not scum by the way.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?

CCKeane posted:

Why are you using a meta argument now when you were dismissing meta defenses of Anon yesterday? What is different?

Because the meta argument was written in an incredibly scummy way. Like I pointed out before. It essentially paraphrased to "Hey, Anon fine, people are overreacting, how about we lynch this guy instead?" I was actually a bit unsure about Anon (however, they were an incredibly easy lynch considering their content, which amounted to very little and a "votes on me are bad" defense) before you did something I entirely saw as a scumbuddy deflection off of their teammate. I am entirely aware of the fact that I was one of the early votes too, but I fell for the push on the mislynch

However, that brings me to the point, my case.

After Anon flipped town, I've been thinking. Scum should have been fine with a lurker lynch, right? Just pick a lurker that isn't scum and push on them. I would not have counted Anon as a lurker. So why Anon? I think it's because scum was trying to protect one of their lurker teammates.

Of course, such a mislynch would need to be started by scum. So I dug a little deeper on Slamburger. I am certain he is scum, and here is why:

Slamburger posted:

The best way to get out of jokephase is to put serious votes on people, like for scummy stuff like equivocating on placing a vote.

##vote AnonymousNarcotics

This is the FIRST kind of any content he posted. Starting the mislynch on Anon.

Slamburger posted:

Do you even case bro?

Yami posts a lot and is a new player, so he is cool in my book.

Immediately after, he puts some shade on Fisk and has a largely contentless defense of me.

Slamburger posted:

In looking at the other votes on AN and the subsequent discussion, I think Alasdair looks the worst for committing and then easing back into shitposting. I would vote him today.

Also, AN has been avoiding the thread, maybe to prevent digging a hole, or hoping people move on to other targets. This isn't necessarily scummy and might just be self-preservation, but I'd like to hear some reads from her now that there is a good amount of real content.

And now he... looks at the AN voters, A VOTE WHICH HE STARTED, and thinks of them as suspicious? What? Also putting even more suspicion on Anon.

The above is Slamburgers content for day one. Most of it is contentless, until he starts the push on Anon, a very easy mislynch as we figured out. Anon really did not help themselves due their content and RL interference, as we now know.

And what is Slamburger doing now?

Slamburger posted:

Sal's end of day behavior was scummy. Read all his posts from the last hour, but here are three choice cuts:

"Anon might be the correct move" seems like scum struggling to justify a future vote.

Fake. Everybody was on Anon for basically one post and then disappearing. Sal knows this. Its not complicated. He just wants someone else to give him a reason he can go "hmm, ok" and then vote him.

Hand wringing over a deadline vote. He knows Anon is town here.

##vote Sal

He's pushing on what he sees as the next easy lynch. There is no remorse or comment on starting the lynch on Anon at all. No, just more shadethrowing on Sal, with an immediate vote. I do not believe Sal is scum, as they are going out of their way to point out I'm a newbie. Sal knows I'm an easy target already, so it does feel townie to me that he does. In addition, their posting is pretty townie as well, such as pointing out the -1 on anon (and also being unsure about the lynch). I do not like the way he's being pushed right now.

It's not very different from how Anon got pushed at all. I think what Slam is trying to do here is push his own narrative early. Post on Icephoenix coming soon, but for now I am going to ##vote Slamburger

Slamburger is scum, and should be lynched today, in my opinion.

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

Yami Fenrir posted:

Because the meta argument was written in an incredibly scummy way. Like I pointed out before. It essentially paraphrased to "Hey, Anon fine, people are overreacting, how about we lynch this guy instead?" I was actually a bit unsure about Anon (however, they were an incredibly easy lynch considering their content, which amounted to very little and a "votes on me are bad" defense) before you did something I entirely saw as a scumbuddy deflection off of their teammate. I am entirely aware of the fact that I was one of the early votes too, but I fell for the push on the mislynch

After Anon flipped town, I've been thinking. Scum should have been fine with a lurker lynch, right? Just pick a lurker that isn't scum and push on them. I would not have counted Anon as a lurker. So why Anon? I think it's because scum was trying to protect one of their lurker teammates.

Of course, such a mislynch would need to be started by scum. So I dug a little deeper on Slamburger. I am certain he is scum, and here is why:

Immediately after, he puts some shade on Fisk and has a largely contentless defense of me.

And now he... looks at the AN voters, A VOTE WHICH HE STARTED, and thinks of them as suspicious? What? Also putting even more suspicion on Anon.

The above is Slamburgers content for day one. Most of it is contentless, until he starts the push on Anon, a very easy mislynch as we figured out. Anon really did not help themselves due their content and RL interference, as we now know.

He's pushing on what he sees as the next easy lynch. There is no remorse or comment on starting the lynch on Anon at all. No, just more shadethrowing on Sal, with an immediate vote. I do not believe Sal is scum, as they are going out of their way to point out I'm a newbie. Sal knows I'm an easy target already, so it does feel townie to me that he does. In addition, their posting is pretty townie as well, such as pointing out the -1 on anon (and also being unsure about the lynch). I do not like the way he's being pushed right now.

It's not very different from how Anon got pushed at all. I think what Slam is trying to do here is push his own narrative early. Post on Icephoenix coming soon, but for now I am going to ##vote Slamburger

I actually agree with this, and would be willing to vote slamburger.

Alaster
Nov 18, 2006

Hanging just next to your door in the hallway is a painting of an EXQUISITE WIZARD. Your mother collects these awful things IRONICALLY.

Yami Fenrir posted:

lmao this is the epic case that we needed to wait all night for

Alaster
Nov 18, 2006

can we kill mags he just tried to gently caress with the town by fakeclaiming vig, tia

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

Alasdair Crawfish posted:

It's actually good, and content shouldn't be denounced unless you think its bad content. Care to explain whats bad about it?

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Now, let me get to Icephoenix. I realized overnight that I was wrong about something, and my case on Icephoenix is not nearly as good as Slamburger, and I am aware of this.

Now, why do I think Slamburger pushed on Anon? Because I think Good Sir, who has now been replaced by Icephoenix, was scum. Again, let me come back to the fact that scum could have easily just pushed a lurker lynch. It was around 8 hours before the deadline, and we had no lynch target lined up. In my opinion, that would have meant we lynched a lurker. Which would have been fine for Scum, to simply push on a lurking townie, right? But they chose to instead go after anon, if my theory below is correct (and I think that scum was almost certainly on the vote on Anon).

Why? Who would we have lynched, without having a target, if not a lurker like Good Sir/IcePhoenix or Mr. F, who posted a lot now, but only after being called out on lurking and only within like 5 or so hours before the deadline? The thing that throws a wrench in this theory is that IcePhoenix got replaced in a lot earlier than I had remembered, so I am not going to push on them quite yet.

However, I absolutely think that scum is to be found within the lurkers. After sleeping on it, I am no longer entirely sure about it being Icephoenix (It's pretty much the same way I thought Keane was scum after he defended anon, a false connection). Sorry for throwing shade your way earlier IcePhoenix, I mostly just wanted to to defend Sal with that post, as I think Slamburger is scum trying to push their own narrative early.

I realize that the suspicion I hae on them was based on their predecessor, Good Sir, and my own theory that scum wants to protect a lurker. Like I said, it's not the best case, but I feel like it's something to consider nonetheless. I'll take a look at some other people too lately, especially Hal, who I feel like is trying to lay low, but for now I think we should lunch Slamburger today.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Alasdair Crawfish posted:

Honestly? It appeared a bit bigger in my head.

Also the main purpose was trying to stop Slamburger from painting Sal in too much of a bad light earlier. I wanted to counter push his narrative.

In the meantime, while I'm at work, how about you refute it instead of just being sarcastic about it if you don't like it?

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Yami Fenrir posted:

Honestly? It appeared a bit bigger in my head.

Also the main purpose of announcing it was trying to stop Slamburger from painting Sal in too much of a bad light earlier. I wanted to counter push his narrative.

In the meantime, while I'm at work, how about you refute it instead of just being sarcastic about it if you don't like it?

Mafia edit

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
scumburger u gon die

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

Yami is obvs Town. I won't vote them, so keep that in mind.

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

b-minus1 posted:

scumburger u gon die

You say this, and yet you're not voting him

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

You've also never mentioned him before

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

Mr. F! posted:

You say this, and yet you're not voting him

the day literally just started a few hours ago and some people havent even posted yet. ffs its ok to say youre suspicious of someone without voting them right away

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

b-minus1 posted:

the day literally just started a few hours ago and some people havent even posted yet. ffs its ok to say youre suspicious of someone without voting them right away

I'd also never seen you voice suspicion of him. And the fact that it's early in the day actually is not a reason not to vote, as votes add pressure which leads to better reactions from the accused. Voting is not something that you are bound to, you can vote and unvote infinity times a day.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

Mr. F! posted:

I'd also never seen you voice suspicion of him.

First post after jokephase ended:

b-minus1 posted:

right now im sus of scumburger and jeddit for the krelltalk and omgus votes.
Lol he was literally the first person I mentioned in my reads

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

b-minus1 posted:

First post after jokephase ended:

Lol he was literally the first person I mentioned in my reads

You didnt mention him again until now.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Dick Bastardly posted:

I believe you believe I'm scum, but you read town to me.

I'm not scum by the way.

I'm inclined to believe you.

Slamburger
Jun 27, 2008

Yami Fenrir posted:

Yeah, I got us out of jokephase and got people to start posting real stuff. You're welcome.

quote:

Uh, that's how you read people Day 1. If I vote someone whether its a good vote or a bad vote and then a bunch of people pile on there is information to be gained. I didn't know if Anon was town or scum, but the scum did, and I was attempting to ferret that out.

quote:

Anon really did not help themselves due their content and RL interference, as we now know.

Here is the crux of your issue with my vote, and its Anon's problem not my problem. She disappeared. I would have loved to engage with her more and get her to post some more content to better assess my initial read. But guess what, making a scummy post and then disappearing is scummy (as you admit). It's a decent enough D1 case and I don't feel bad about it. D1 cases are flimsy and its always a crapshoot. I'm not going to apologize or "feel remorse" for a D1 mislynch, like you somehow equate with town behavior. It's not. If I led the town off a cliff in LYLO or got hoodwinked by obvious scum, then yeah I'll feel bad. But not on a D1 mislynch, sorry.

quote:

He's pushing on what he sees as the next easy lynch.

I make reads and case players. You're free to disagree with me or explain why I'm wrong. Characterizing a single post as "pushing an easy lynch" is a bad argument.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Hm. I sort of get where you're coming from but the vote on Sal still seems a little forced to me. Do you have any other scumreads, Slamburger? One or two, preferably with an reason as to why attached would be really helpful to get a better read on you. Your actions read really scummy to me, but I've been wrong before quite a bit.

In the meantime, does anyone else share Slam's opinion on Sal? I really don't see him as scum at the moment, but I may be biased.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

Slamburger posted:

Here is the crux of your issue with my vote, and its Anon's problem not my problem. She disappeared. I would have loved to engage with her more and get her to post some more content to better assess my initial read. But guess what, making a scummy post and then disappearing is scummy (as you admit). It's a decent enough D1 case and I don't feel bad about it.

I'm not sure then why you pushed a case on me with this as your defense. I said this same thing about my vote on Anon. I may not have said it as elegantly as you did but that was what I waa trying to say.

Slamburger
Jun 27, 2008

Yami Fenrir posted:

Do you have any other scumreads, Slamburger?

Alasdair is high on my list. I think his pushing on Mr.F (Magnus) for lying feels fake and really easy. Mr.F's "I have a dayvig" seems like a low-risk harmless lie to poke people and doesn't seem scummy to me at all. A lot of his other content is sprinkled with snipey comments and non-reads.

I also have a gut read on DB, but I can't really point to any specific content.

As for your case, I don't necessarily think its fake/scummy but rather just informed by a new-player assessment of scumtells which I think are just incorrect.

Also, I'm neutral on this regarding Sal:

Jonathan Fisk posted:

I don't see it in sal. We're unconfirmed masons and he's been pretty on point with his reads in that chat

Posting your reads in unconfirmed mason chat seems scummy: It lets you buddy up to your partner without drawing heat from the people you are accusing and its generally anti-town not to share your reads. But on the other hand, being too quiet in mason chat can be a scum tell too since its more work to have to fake that dialogue as well. So like I said, netural. I'd rather Sal post his "on point" reads in the thread so we can all evaluate them rather than having his mason buddy have to defend him. Sal, you want to share?

Also heads up I'm headed to a business conference today and won't be able to post much if at all until this evening.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
I'm not sure why J Fisk said reads because I haven't posted cases nor do I feel any obligation to post the details of what we've said as it's mostly been get to know you small talk. This is the one I will post:

"I'm sort of on the fence TBH. I think I would be fine with Chores or Yami, but not really feeling Anon."

Which was posted at 1:12pm CST (roughly 6 hours before the end of day). I still feel Chores but am not feeling Yami anymore. My main reason for not feeling Anon was I didn't like the initial rush of votes. However as the day went on and she vanished that initial rush of votes was less suspect to me.

Slamburger
Jun 27, 2008

So Sal, who is your top scumpick, chores?

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
Chores mostly due to the high volume / low content nature of their posts. It's super easy (and scummy) to drive by post without offering any supporting evidence. When I get home from work today I'll work on a list. I can't promise it will be in depth but it will give content so people at least see where my head is at

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
alasdair and mr f are scumbros

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

b-minus1 posted:

alasdair and mr f are scumbros

I strongly doubt that. I won't rule out Alasdair being scum, but I'm reasonably confident that Mr F is Town.

• Locked thread