Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

ChronoReverse posted:

=( ...so she can, I had built her for pure fury PP and didn't check her stats afterward. Ah well, I now have two blue dragons capable of engaging Alm on EP and PP then.

Kana is pretty good so I wouldn’t be too broken up about that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

Darting Blow is close to Fury tier as a budget skill imo.

Things that are basically useless to inherit outside of gimmicks: Defiant skills, Seal skills, Blow skills that don't give atk or spd, Harsh Command, Shove, boring Tomes(Fenrir+/Shine+/etc), most Daggers, Light Breath, defensive Specials, AoE Specials*, Brash Assault, Lunge, Knock Back, Obstruct, Pass, Poison Strike, Water/Windsweep, Breath of Life, Savage Blow*

*: these are useful in Grand Conquests

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Elyv posted:

Things that are basically useless to inherit outside of gimmicks: Defiant skills, Seal skills, Blow skills that don't give atk or spd, Harsh Command, Shove, boring Tomes(Fenrir+/Shine+/etc), most Daggers, Light Breath, defensive Specials, AoE Specials*, Brash Assault, Lunge, Knock Back, Obstruct, Pass, Poison Strike, Water/Windsweep, Breath of Life, Savage Blow*

Fury isn’t a budget skill though, it’s the premier skill for like half the heroes in the game

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I only really like fury on units with a B skill that rewards low HP and who have three non-trash stats. In practice that usually just means offensive mages.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
I really regret not 5*'ing A!Tiki. I think I'm just going to eat the 20k feather loss purely for aesthetic reasons (4*+10 A!Tiki is already perfectly capable of destroying just about anything).

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.
it came from team alfonse

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Elyv posted:

No Counterattack Pain staff users with double Savage Blow plus Poison Strike are infuriating. Especially if they're on a horse.

Admittedly more of a Defense Team thing, or a select few other situations, but after running into that poo poo even once I've been considering building one.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009

Lord Koth posted:

No Counterattack Pain staff users with double Savage Blow plus Poison Strike are infuriating. Especially if they're on a horse.

Admittedly more of a Defense Team thing, or a select few other situations, but after running into that poo poo even once I've been considering building one.

My Elise is great for anything outside of Arena. Nothing like dropping nukes in Grand Conquest.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

*Insert Sailor Jupiter joke here*
Tons of frustrating Chain Challenges and figuring out how to get the Legendary Hero missions complete to get orbs.

I get nothing that I want and end up with like 5 more Male Robins.

Maybe if I can ever figure out good teams for Squad Assault without having to rely too much on SI i can really get some more orbs quickly. Nobody ever put guides out for those did they?

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

RMZXAnarchy posted:

Tons of frustrating Chain Challenges and figuring out how to get the Legendary Hero missions complete to get orbs.

I get nothing that I want and end up with like 5 more Male Robins.

Maybe if I can ever figure out good teams for Squad Assault without having to rely too much on SI i can really get some more orbs quickly. Nobody ever put guides out for those did they?

There's a few f2p squad assault guides in youtube

Isoprene
May 9, 2013

I wouldn't change these friends for anything.
If anyone on Team Ike needs more blues or just wants this boy to tank magic all day, you can add him at 6886512148!

I also have some decent options for green (M!Grima, Airzura) and colorless (Quadelia + wrazzle dazzle versions of Genny, Bride Lyn, and Elise) if anyone ends up needing help with those quests!

During the last Voting Gauntlet I was hoping to have enough merges on my Odin to show him off by the next one, but the poor guy's been stuck at +4 forever and not for lack of feathers. Ever since the pool change I've been struggling to roll a lot of units I used to get plenty of before; I've got a pretty bad dearth of positioning skills in particular. Someday, though... someday...

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

LightningKimba posted:

Also if you want to know a good voting gauntlet experience, here it is in two images

There she is!

BlackPersona
Oct 21, 2012

loquacius posted:

I apparently have exactly one friend on Team VIke, because I've made very good friends with someone's Raven

I'm glad you like him, because I haven't gotten around to using him for Arena yet! Not enough duplicates to merge him up and I've been focusing my feathers on getting Nowi to +10 first.

Anyways, if anyone wants this Raven in Team Ike, I'm 9487488569, named "Jimmy Jims"

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

I pulled the trigger.

This is so dumb but I can tell I'm gonna be having so much fun with him so it'll all be worth it :allears: Also, test run/proof of concept:

Spur/Drive Atk stacking at work. Now sure it's blue against low-ish Res red, but Tiki's on a defense tile and Odin's got 35 base Atk, yet he's overkilling her by a fair bit. He's got a full +27 Atk from this position and I haven't even added the third Drive Atk or S-supported him with Fjorm. Even with only 1 adjacent ally he's still got a +23. Once he hits +10, I might even give him the Heavy Blade seal for Aether on second combat, and he could totally realistically proc it. :allears:

And now I play the waiting (for merges) game...

SL the Pyro
Jun 16, 2013

My soul cries out
with the desire to
FRACTURE
your puny spine.

what do you mean that hotkey disappeared
I finally managed to roll my first-ever Tharja from the TT banner!

...At 3✮. Not 5✮ despite her being focused. :shepicide:

Oh well, at least I got a Hinata out of it.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

SL the Pyro posted:

I finally managed to roll my first-ever Tharja from the TT banner!

...At 3✮. Not 5✮ despite her being focused. :shepicide:

Oh well, at least I got a Hinata out of it.

ill trade you for a ninian

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

IS, when are you going to change sacred seals so that I can assign one to as many heroes as I like as long as they aren't on the same team? Because holy god drat am I getting sick of juggling them around.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
I'd be happy with an option to alphabetically sort them or filter them.

ChronoReverse fucked around with this message at 00:21 on Jun 2, 2018

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Polio Vax Scene posted:

IS, when are you going to change sacred seals so that I can assign one to as many heroes as I like as long as they aren't on the same team? Because holy god drat am I getting sick of juggling them around.

This would be nice, but it wouldn't be a balance-neutral change because it'd alter Arena Assault and Squad Assault strategies

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009

loquacius posted:

This would be nice, but it wouldn't be a balance-neutral change because it'd alter Arena Assault and Squad Assault strategies

They'd just have to code it so that seals that have already been used are autoremoved in those modes. Kinda like how they already check if you've used that character already.

facepalmolive
Jan 29, 2009

drat, I recently built my Marth and was just going to sing my praises of him last night before I passed out.

When the new MCorrin refine came out, I thought about marrying him to Nowi as a buffbot to cover her color weaknesses. Then I stopped and looked at my box and realized Marth was just flat-out better as a support unit. He buffs (-2 to all stats in exchange for buffing everyone), he heals, and he beats up dragons very efficiently. I've started taking him to every arena fight now.

Marth is low-key one of the best support units. Sorely underrated, imo.

(Also I sent you a friend request (from id Palmolive) because I wanted to try out your NYCamilla for ideas on building mine, but you're repping Cordelia?)

e: Team Anna, 4511301846, repping my special snowflake Slaying Bow/Heavy Blade Leon

facepalmolive fucked around with this message at 01:10 on Jun 2, 2018

SL the Pyro
Jun 16, 2013

My soul cries out
with the desire to
FRACTURE
your puny spine.

Raserys posted:

ill trade you for a ninian
HOW DO I ACCEPT TRADE AAAAAA :argh:

Ninian is the main reason I've been rolling the banner to begin with. This game just will not give me another dancer, I loving swear.

V-Men
Aug 15, 2001

Don't it make your dick bust concrete to be in the same room with two noble, selfless public servants.

SL the Pyro posted:

Ninian is the main reason I've been rolling the banner to begin with. This game just will not give me another dancer, I loving swear.

You're gonna draw a 3 star Olivia just for that.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

blizzardvizard posted:

I pulled the trigger.

This is so dumb but I can tell I'm gonna be having so much fun with him so it'll all be worth it :allears: Also, test run/proof of concept:

Spur/Drive Atk stacking at work. Now sure it's blue against low-ish Res red, but Tiki's on a defense tile and Odin's got 35 base Atk, yet he's overkilling her by a fair bit. He's got a full +27 Atk from this position and I haven't even added the third Drive Atk or S-supported him with Fjorm. Even with only 1 adjacent ally he's still got a +23. Once he hits +10, I might even give him the Heavy Blade seal for Aether on second combat, and he could totally realistically proc it. :allears:

And now I play the waiting (for merges) game...

I mean, lame. If you want to go truly insane, Corrin's Yato stacks with itself. So S Rank Corrin/Odin and a Team of Odin + 3 Corrin

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

SL the Pyro posted:

you misunderstand, I would happily give my 5 star tharja for a ninian

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I think Ike could beat Grima in a real fight.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.

facepalmolive posted:

drat, I recently built my Marth and was just going to sing my praises of him last night before I passed out.

When the new MCorrin refine came out, I thought about marrying him to Nowi as a buffbot to cover her color weaknesses. Then I stopped and looked at my box and realized Marth was just flat-out better as a support unit. He buffs (-2 to all stats in exchange for buffing everyone), he heals, and he beats up dragons very efficiently. I've started taking him to every arena fight now.

Marth is low-key one of the best support units. Sorely underrated, imo.

(Also I sent you a friend request (from id Palmolive) because I wanted to try out your NYCamilla for ideas on building mine, but you're repping Cordelia?)

e: Team Anna, 4511301846, repping my special snowflake Slaying Bow/Heavy Blade Leon
If ever there was a buffbot tier list, Marth and Eirika would be the right there permanently in S-tier, imo.

I tend to shuffle my units around during gauntlets, but I'll keep Camilla active for a little while for you.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Are we likely to see the new banner before the legendary one ends?

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

Onmi posted:

I mean, lame. If you want to go truly insane, Corrin's Yato stacks with itself. So S Rank Corrin/Odin and a Team of Odin + 3 Corrin

Corrin's a poo poo

Like hell I'm merging even 22 of him for an arena core

SL the Pyro
Jun 16, 2013

My soul cries out
with the desire to
FRACTURE
your puny spine.

TheKingofSprings posted:

Are we likely to see the new banner before the legendary one ends?

Not according to this.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Yeah I’m hoarding then, piss off Dragon Satan I feel CYL coming up fast

SL the Pyro
Jun 16, 2013

My soul cries out
with the desire to
FRACTURE
your puny spine.

Since we're on the topic, I'll also take the chance to warn people who are trying for Y!Tiki on the Legendary banner to pace themselves, as there's a New Power banner coming up that Y!Tiki and maybe A!Tiki are likely to be on because of their(?) new PRF dragonstone. You may or may not want to hoard/try for other things with that in mind.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
are you sure Y!Tiki would even be on that banner

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
Might be Adult Tiki, Merric, Linde

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
I was gonna ask "so who are the new heroes" but then I realized we're on a bait banner and intsys would never let us know ahead of time now

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

Every banner is a bait banner for someone.

We'll probably find out who the new heroes are on the 7th.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

The White Dragon posted:

I was gonna ask "so who are the new heroes" but then I realized we're on a bait banner and intsys would never let us know ahead of time now

Very possibly CYL heroes thanks to the four heroes special maps releasing at the same time

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

No, stop talking about the new banner, I still haven't pulled Bride Tharja yet, we're still on the old banner tyvm :colbert:

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.
crossing my fingers to have hidari-drawn celica in my roster

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
I hope we get a second Farfetched Heroes banner since it'll force them to give us either enemy units (Loki/Lavaetein) or beasts (Selkie)

Or the most likely option, they cop out by giving us Aversa and Maribelle