Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
Looks like Alf is likely to get the last-hour bonus. RIP Anna.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
god these bonuses are retarded, allowing literally the worst OC in the game to triumph over anna

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Clawtopsy posted:

god these bonuses are retarded, allowing literally the worst OC in the game to triumph over anna

But Gunnthra is already KO'd.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.

Clawtopsy posted:

He's shown a bit of personality in Book 2, which has redeemed him a little for me. He seems like more of a practical chessmaster than an ideological fuckwit like so many other protagonists, Corrin.

He still doesn't deserve a win over Anna though. :saddowns:

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Awakening Anna is good but Alfonse deserves the win over Heroes Anna no question

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
IS THAT NINO ON A HORSE?!

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.

cheetah7071 posted:

Awakening Anna is good but Alfonse deserves the win over Heroes Anna no question
fite me

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
I'm guessing Horse Nino is gonna have Gronnserpent.

I doubt I'd use her though, Gunnthra is too good right now.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
where are you seeing horse Nino

e: oh I found it. There's a preview video notification on the bottom of the home screen. It links to the Genealogy youtube video though.

golden bubble
Jun 3, 2011

yospos

Roger Explosion posted:

He's shown a bit of personality in Book 2, which has redeemed him a little for me. He seems like more of a practical chessmaster than an ideological fuckwit like so many other protagonists, Corrin.

He still doesn't deserve a win over Anna though. :saddowns:

Anna can still win. Alf only managed +1.05 bill on his best round (7.2X mult), and had an even worse performance on the 7.3X mult. round. Anna has a 1.2 bill lead right now. He might not be able to overcome this lead with a single multiplier.

EDIT:

I'm pretty sure that's a pegasus wing. Move over S!Corrin. Flying Nino is going to be the new best bladetome on flyer emblem.

golden bubble fucked around with this message at 04:21 on Jun 5, 2018

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
I guess it’s either FE7 or Farfetched Heroes?

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Roger Explosion posted:

IS THAT NINO ON A HORSE?!
Picture for what Roger Explosion is talking about (taken from here):

My condolences to the intern who jumped the gun and more than likely is about to get sacked.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Well, Faye's an archer. Might as well put characters in classes that didn't exist for 15 years at their time.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

TheKingofSprings posted:

I guess it’s either FE7 or Farfetched Heroes?

I'm leaning towards the latter because we're getting Four Heroes maps on the same day. Unless they're themed after each of four FE7 Heroes.

Then again, if it's a Four Fangs banner I might be pretty excited. Nino, Linus, and an Lloyd that doesn't look like he needs an extreme makeover?

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
Farfetched Heroes for alts?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
What was nino ranked in cl2

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Tae posted:

What was nino ranked in cl2

Like 6th in ladies.

Also it really seems like a lot of popular characters have gotten revisits since CYL and most of them were in the top 10 in some fashion.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
That said, characters are 'made' about 5-6 months in advance so this could easily just be a character they were gonna push out anyway, similar to Eiricav and Swordhardt.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
7, the highest ranking loser unit without an alt not named Loki. If we assume that's what they're going for, it could be Alm/Leif/Nino/Micaiah

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is

Raserys posted:

7, the highest ranking loser unit without an alt not named Loki. If we assume that's what they're going for, it could be Alm/Leif/Nino/Micaiah

I don't think Leif is a sufficiently big enough deal to get an alt this soon but the rest of the list is pretty reasonable (Micaiah being iffy but not as iffy as Leif)

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
If it is a FE7 banner I'm praying for Marcus/Oswin.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

i will die laughing if farfetched heroes this time around are Alm, Leif, Nino & Micaiah

"The people, they really want beast units and awakening characters, w-w-what do we do?!"
alternative joe: i have an idea

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
I don't remember if Radiant Dawn and Thracia were in at the time of the poll, so maybe they'll want to hold back on characters who showed up afterwards. If that's the case I have no clue what they'll go with, or maybe it really is just a Blazing Blade banner :iiam:

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

ungulateman posted:

I don't think Leif is a sufficiently big enough deal to get an alt this soon but the rest of the list is pretty reasonable (Micaiah being iffy but not as iffy as Leif)

at this point I suspect Reinhardt is the most well-known character from Thracia

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

Nino's Family banner: Canas, Lugh, new Nino

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
ugh, I fell asleep for 7 hours and have spent a total of zero flags this round on Ike so I'm going into round 3 with 2420 flags before I even do any quests

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

ahahahah vike's going to lose to a burnt corpse

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
it's time to reveal that i'm the only person on my goon friends list who was on team gunnthra from day one

SL the Pyro
Jun 16, 2013

My soul cries out
with the desire to
FRACTURE
your puny spine.

what do you mean that hotkey disappeared

AradoBalanga posted:

Picture for what Roger Explosion is talking about (taken from here):

My condolences to the intern who jumped the gun and more than likely is about to get sacked.
The ad vent away as fast as it appeared. Definitely looks like someone at IS flipped the wrong switch.

But goddamn if that didn't whet my appetite. If that flying Nino is Red, all of my want. That would be an excellent capper to my flier team.

SL the Pyro fucked around with this message at 05:07 on Jun 5, 2018

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

The White Dragon posted:

it's time to reveal that i'm the only person on my goon friends list who was on team gunnthra from day one

hell yeah team burnt corpse day 1

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

ApplesandOranges posted:

But Gunnthra is already KO'd.

You fool!!!

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

SL the Pyro posted:

The ad vent away as fast as it appeared. Definitely looks like someone at IS flipped the wrong switch.

But goddamn if that didn't whet my appetite. If that flying Nino is Red, all of my want. That would be an excellent capper to my flier team.

they are very clearly holding a green tome

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

gunthra won, the power of big anime baps

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
save us alfonse

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
this might be the first time I select the winning team in round one!

SL the Pyro
Jun 16, 2013

My soul cries out
with the desire to
FRACTURE
your puny spine.

what do you mean that hotkey disappeared
Just checked for VG feathers and can confirm that Ike has been gunned down.

Despite me jumping to his team after Grima fell, I'm not mad. Losing to Gunnthra the exact same way he beat Grima is a satisfying irony.

Clawtopsy posted:

they are very clearly holding a green tome

...So she is. drat. Now I have to choose between her and the recently-5★'d Michalis.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

the secret to maximizing feathers in VG is not picking who you think will win

but who you think will lose

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

cheetah7071 posted:

this might be the first time I select the winning team in round one!

Yeah same. My kid picked team bench for me in round 1 and I just can't handle all these wins

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

im going to be v salty if the new banner is just old units moving in different ways, but at least i can hold off rolling

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mirotic
Mar 8, 2013

The notification banner showing new Nino is also already gone. Starts with the voting gauntlet one again.