Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~

Pablo Nergigante posted:

That’s exactly what movie it is

Sweet, thanks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dolophiend
Jul 4, 2014
I think this was in the 90s because it took place during the peak of my marijuana consumption. These guys are, like, con-artists or something and there's a culty vibe to the leader. This guy who's new to it get's caught smoking a joint in a park or something and when asked who is he say's "I come from the East, I follow that star." Don't remember what happens after.

It ends in a garage when this dead guy's arm lifts up and fires a shotgun hidden in his sleeve. It was a double-cross or something.

Thought it was called The Maker because they keep referring to the one who runs the con or heist as "the maker".

Thought it had Lukas Haas as the smartass in the park, but couldn't find it on IMDB.

Also what was that movie with the weird child sized rat blowing bubbles out of a convertible on a dusty road, or did I just dream that?

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Dolophiend posted:

Also what was that movie with the weird child sized rat blowing bubbles out of a convertible on a dusty road, or did I just dream that?

Ratboy?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zYZnW3G89wY

Dolophiend
Jul 4, 2014

That's definitely it. Thanks.

The Macaroni
Dec 20, 2002
...it does nothing.
I feel like I asked this in a previous version of the thread, but I can't find it. Horror/sci-fi from mid- to late-1980s. Character is a scientist creating a space suit for Mars exploration. For some reason Evil Corporate Overlord blows him up, and his burned body is placed in the space suit in the hopes that he'll become some kind of robotic slave. If he gets angry or someone touches him, he kills them. Eventually he learns to control his rage, but Corporate Overlord mortally wounds him just before he completes his revenge. Last scene is his widow and a small child looking at a museum exhibit and talking about his contributions to the Mars mission.

Hard to google for this, keeps coming up with "The Martian."

SolarFire2
Oct 16, 2001

"You're awefully cute, but unfortunately for you, you're made of meat." - Meat And Sarcasm Guy!

Who could forget dear Ratboy?

Polka_Rapper
Jan 22, 2011

The Macaroni posted:

I feel like I asked this in a previous version of the thread, but I can't find it. Horror/sci-fi from mid- to late-1980s. Character is a scientist creating a space suit for Mars exploration. For some reason Evil Corporate Overlord blows him up, and his burned body is placed in the space suit in the hopes that he'll become some kind of robotic slave. If he gets angry or someone touches him, he kills them. Eventually he learns to control his rage, but Corporate Overlord mortally wounds him just before he completes his revenge. Last scene is his widow and a small child looking at a museum exhibit and talking about his contributions to the Mars mission.

Hard to google for this, keeps coming up with "The Martian."

I think this is it. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Vindicator_%28film%29

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

SolarFire2 posted:

Who could forget dear Ratboy?

I can't believe I did. Shame on me. Shame on us all.

The Macaroni
Dec 20, 2002
...it does nothing.
YUP. Thanks!

Astrochicken
Aug 13, 2007

So you better go back to your bars, your temples
Your massage parlors!

I have a fever dream memory of a movie scene that has haunted me ever since i saw it as a kid. This would have been on either showtime or hbo in the early or mid 90s. The movie was probably cheap horror trash.

Presumably this scene happens at the beginning of the movie. There's two men in a medieval-type jail or dungeon and they are in separate cells. One is a hardened dude who is kind of an rear end in a top hat to the other guy, who is older, possibly white-haired, dracula-like, blindfolded, and bound to a vertical cot of some kind, hannibal lecter style.

I don't remember what they talk about, but the hardened criminal starts freaking out a little when he finds out who his jailmate is. The creepy older guy starts tapping on something rhythmically and saying "look at me", over and over again and the criminal guy, his eyes closed, starts really losing his poo poo. Eventually his eyes start bleeding.

That's all I got. Thanks in advance goons.

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!

Astrochicken posted:

I have a fever dream memory of a movie scene that has haunted me ever since i saw it as a kid. This would have been on either showtime or hbo in the early or mid 90s. The movie was probably cheap horror trash.

Presumably this scene happens at the beginning of the movie. There's two men in a medieval-type jail or dungeon and they are in separate cells. One is a hardened dude who is kind of an rear end in a top hat to the other guy, who is older, possibly white-haired, dracula-like, blindfolded, and bound to a vertical cot of some kind, hannibal lecter style.

I don't remember what they talk about, but the hardened criminal starts freaking out a little when he finds out who his jailmate is. The creepy older guy starts tapping on something rhythmically and saying "look at me", over and over again and the criminal guy, his eyes closed, starts really losing his poo poo. Eventually his eyes start bleeding.

That's all I got. Thanks in advance goons.

Tobe Hooper's Night Terrors. That creepy cellmate is the Marquis de Sade, played by Robert Englund. It's the only good part of an otherwise terrible movie.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.
I've got the name of this movie on the tip of my tongue, but it's a kind of found footage film about a group that goes to Europe and are shooting a piece on an artist that lives there (I think he's an artist). It's in a small village, Romania, I believe, and the locals are all superstitious about a witch that supposedly lives around there, to a point where even mentioning them will get you into trouble (and that does happen to the group). Eventually, the witch appears, most of the group dies, except for one guy who lives and seems to be insane and wants to spread the message about the witch.

I remember it being a decent movie, or at least good enough I'd watch it again.

Astrochicken
Aug 13, 2007

So you better go back to your bars, your temples
Your massage parlors!

Origami Dali posted:

Tobe Hooper's Night Terrors. That creepy cellmate is the Marquis de Sade, played by Robert Englund. It's the only good part of an otherwise terrible movie.

Unbelievable. Thanks man.

Luna
May 31, 2001

A hand full of seeds and a mouthful of dirt

Not sure if this is enough to go on. The movie is probably from the 80s. It's got 2 guys either squatting or living in a lovely house in a city. One or both guys may have cognitive issues. One of them finds a red womens shoe and that seemed to be of some importance.

DearYou41
Jun 14, 2013

Leavemywife posted:

I've got the name of this movie on the tip of my tongue, but it's a kind of found footage film about a group that goes to Europe and are shooting a piece on an artist that lives there (I think he's an artist). It's in a small village, Romania, I believe, and the locals are all superstitious about a witch that supposedly lives around there, to a point where even mentioning them will get you into trouble (and that does happen to the group). Eventually, the witch appears, most of the group dies, except for one guy who lives and seems to be insane and wants to spread the message about the witch.

I remember it being a decent movie, or at least good enough I'd watch it again.

This might be They're Watching.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

DearYou41 posted:

This might be They're Watching.

There we go, that's exactly what it was. Thank you.

Ape Agitator
Feb 19, 2004

Soylent Green is Monkeys
College Slice
I'm halfway through watching this and just realized it was likely his movie. I'm enjoying it.

Carl Killer Miller
Apr 28, 2007

This is the way that it all falls.
This is how I feel,
This is what I need:

I'm putting together a movie night specifically themed on rich people getting ruined, hopefully in a schadenfreude kind of way. Think like the end of Trading Places. I've definitely seen movies with this theme before but can't think of any and it's surprisingly hard to google for this theme.

Ideas?

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Ape Agitator posted:

I'm halfway through watching this and just realized it was likely his movie. I'm enjoying it.

I'm glad you said that. I was afraid it was a horribly lovely movie and everyone would make fun of me for liking it.

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

Carl Killer Miller posted:

I'm putting together a movie night specifically themed on rich people getting ruined, hopefully in a schadenfreude kind of way. Think like the end of Trading Places. I've definitely seen movies with this theme before but can't think of any and it's surprisingly hard to google for this theme.

Ideas?
You may be able to gather more suggestions in the Recommend Me thread, but the first film that comes to mind is The Exterminating Angel.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Can't remember if they get ruined exactly, but the ultimate rich-people-are-gross movie is Society.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 00:48 on Jun 26, 2018

Skyscraper
Oct 1, 2004

Hurry Up, We're Dreaming

Ideas?

Paranormal Activity?

Was Taters
Jul 30, 2004

Here comes a regular
Some Kind of Wonderful?

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

Teenage Fansub posted:

Can't remember if they get ruined exactly, but the ultimate rich-people-are-gross movie is Society.
Most of them don’t but some do.

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!
Land of the Dead. It sucks tho.

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
Revenge of the Sith when the Trade Federation fat cats get massacred.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
I cant remember if it's a movie or a tv show (I want to say tv show) but I believe it was on the scifi channel before the syfy rebrand. This would be late 90s and contemporary to that time.

It followed an obsessive goony stallker fan guy who followed this pop singer who iirc was latina like selenaesque

he gets some kind of wish granting device and one of his wishes is telling her manager to kill himself by slitting his own throat while shaving

later he tells it to "make me beautiful to her" and it gives him long michael bolton hair (guy was white and blonde iirc) so he becomes her new manager

that's the extent of my memory since I never finished it. I think the protagonists are detectives but I cant remember anything they actually do

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Ideas?

beginning of Ghost Ship

end of Rat Race (featuring Smash Mouth :v:)

end of UHF by Weird Al

beginning of Wishmaster

Life Stinks with Mel Brooks. It's a redemption arc movie though. Can't remember if any of his rich friends get owned later

Parachute
May 18, 2003

Ideas?

the purge 2

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

Ideas?

Most movies about the French Revolution would fit this if they don't chicken out, but if you want something a bit more light hearted try Start The Revolution Without Me

Polka_Rapper
Jan 22, 2011

Alan Smithee posted:

I cant remember if it's a movie or a tv show (I want to say tv show) but I believe it was on the scifi channel before the syfy rebrand. This would be late 90s and contemporary to that time.

It followed an obsessive goony stallker fan guy who followed this pop singer who iirc was latina like selenaesque

he gets some kind of wish granting device and one of his wishes is telling her manager to kill himself by slitting his own throat while shaving

later he tells it to "make me beautiful to her" and it gives him long michael bolton hair (guy was white and blonde iirc) so he becomes her new manager

that's the extent of my memory since I never finished it. I think the protagonists are detectives but I cant remember anything they actually do

Okay, I did a bit of searching. It appears to have been an episode of the TV show Friday the 13th called "The Secret Agenda of Mesmer's Bauble", based on the keywords from the IMDB page. https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0583353/?ref_=kw_li_tt

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Origami Dali posted:

Land of the Dead. It sucks tho.

Not really.

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

I think we should call the Avengers.

I'm putting together a movie night specifically themed on rich people getting ruined, hopefully in a schadenfreude kind of way. Think like the end of Trading Places.

Barry Lyndon if you consider that schadenfreude.

Also, it's not ruined per se, but the ending to Rat Race goes in a very similar direction as Trading Places. Only with more Smash Mouth.

Edit: Sorry, just noticed that Alan Smithee already mentioned Rat Race.

Samuel Clemens fucked around with this message at 15:30 on Jun 26, 2018

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Samuel Clemens posted:

Edit: Sorry, just noticed that Alan Smithee already mentioned Rat Race.

Wouldn't be surprised if he had directed it, too.

Christ, what a mess.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Wouldn't be surprised if he had directed it, too.

Christ, what a mess.

Smash Mouth will eat the eggs when I drat well say so :colbert:

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Polka_Rapper posted:

Okay, I did a bit of searching. It appears to have been an episode of the TV show Friday the 13th called "The Secret Agenda of Mesmer's Bauble", based on the keywords from the IMDB page. https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0583353/?ref_=kw_li_tt

drat you found that through keywords? Impressive

Polka_Rapper
Jan 22, 2011

Alan Smithee posted:

drat you found that through keywords? Impressive

It was literally the first search I did as well. You can do a custom multi-keyword search by separating them with commas. I plugged two of what seemed to be the most important from your post into it and got this. https://www.imdb.com/search/keyword?keywords=stalker,pop-star

Meanwhile it took forever for "The Vindicator" because it never actually mentions Mars in the wiki or IMDB page.

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.
Does anyone remember which movie was using germicidal UV lights, because of how they looked, not realizing they were burning the poo poo out everyone on set?

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

this one is relatively recent, maybe five years old. about some director going through a crisis, driving out into the desert,
meeting a drifter, maybe almost getting killed by him. the drifter then kills someone in hollywood, assumes his identity, stalks an actress? anyway, that's when I turned off, never finished it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!

mike12345 posted:

this one is relatively recent, maybe five years old. about some director going through a crisis, driving out into the desert,
meeting a drifter, maybe almost getting killed by him. the drifter then kills someone in hollywood, assumes his identity, stalks an actress? anyway, that's when I turned off, never finished it.

Mojave