Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

an adult beverage
Aug 13, 2005

1,2,3,4,5 dem gators don't take no jive. go gator -US Rep. Corrine Brown (D) FL
I loved the 2006 Sirius football pool. By the end of the season you could tell Howard was so sick of the bit by then since it would take him an hour just to get through the week's picks. Elliot Offen would scream and argue for 20 minutes about his plugs, then Artie and Crazy Alice would fight for another 20 minutes. Great radio.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
And the fact that it ended early with the top 3 deciding to split the winnings... what a poo poo show (but that was Alice at her best).

an adult beverage
Aug 13, 2005

Yeah that sucked... Elliot talked them in to that right?

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
Riiiiiiight?

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Bonzo posted:

Riiiiiiight?

5 dimes split 3 ways. Thats gangsta talk riiiiiight?

an adult beverage
Aug 13, 2005

I HOPE YOU DIE, YOU MONGREL, YOU KAPOSI'S SARCOMA VICTIM

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!
gently caress THAT MUTHAFUCKA TO HELL!!!

Hi fred.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
FAT FUCKIN ARTIE

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Who dis?

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
T-Mobile just gave me a free 3 month subscription so now I will finally be able to hear all the repeat bits for myself

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

That Artie Lange Johnny Cash Hurt video on YouTube is a few weeks from being 9 years old. Have a nice day.

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
noine years old, on page noine noine noine

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Tiny Tubesteak Tom posted:

noine noine noine

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UMN49r6oDvE

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Wow, I mean, do know what's crazy about this page? Can I tell you just for a sec what's woild about it? The posting about it will be a two, but the event will be a noine.

This page, it's not my favourite page, but it looks great on a mobile phone, you know?

Can I tell you my favourite Stern thread page number, real briefly?

*berrnoinederrrrafllp*

Snark
Sep 19, 2003

no dice
I still think Evil Dave was the most fascinating wack packer by far. He's putting his brain in gear before opening mouth in heaven now

quote:

David J. VanDam, beloved husband of Kanwal VanDam
THAT'S how you spell it! I hope his obviously fake girlfriend is doing ok.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

I've posted about this before, but there was something weird that Evil Dave said almost in passing during the Newlywed Game or whatever it was. They were making fun of something stupid he did or said, and he replied, while everyone was laughing, with something like "You laugh until you get it, right Artie?". He does it twice, no one noticed aside from Artie, who didn't understand what he meant. It wasn't a big thing, but it just struck me as really odd and awkward and I've never forgotten it.

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

holy poo poo you guys weren't kidding about the bits that get played on 100, I just listened to the most mind numbing 20 minute "argument" between Jim from Raleigh and Howard over the fact that Howard doesn't remember Jim. I would have turned it off, but I sat in rapt awe wondering how long it was going to take for the bit to be over

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

holy poo poo you guys weren't kidding about the bits that get played on 100, I just listened to the most mind numbing 20 minute "argument" between Jim from Raleigh and Howard over the fact that Howard doesn't remember Jim. I would have turned it off, but I sat in rapt awe wondering how long it was going to take for the bit to be over

Yeah... that got discussed on the wrap up show today to draw it out as well.

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I think the best EDL moment was at one of the roasts where he thinks he’s there to poo poo on Artie or whoever and they end up busting Dave’s balls for like 20 minutes about him being a pussy whipped bitch who was fronting out tons of dough for his fiancés mail order chocolates business

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

T-Mobile just gave me a free 3 month subscription so now I will finally be able to hear all the repeat bits for myself

Same here... listening for the first time in forever. The Sirius web app seems like a huge improvement, with several shows on demand and a lot of "clips" which I assume are recent good bits.

And is that the History of Howard completely on demand? drat...

Former Human
Oct 15, 2001

Fred had a couple of great lines the other day when they were goofing on Ronnie. Howard brought up how Ronnie used to get hemorrhoids when driving a truck for a living and immediately Fred came up with "the dildo took care of that!"

Then when they were playing the clips of Ronnie revving up his car at the start of the rally Fred yelled out "The Fast and the Bi-Curious!"

If you listen to old clips, Fred used to be a much bigger part of the show. He didn't just sit quietly doing sound effect drops. He actually talked as himself and not only a parody of someone else. I miss that Fred.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

Former Human posted:

Fred had a couple of great lines the other day when they were goofing on Ronnie. Howard brought up how Ronnie used to get hemorrhoids when driving a truck for a living and immediately Fred came up with "the dildo took care of that!"

Then when they were playing the clips of Ronnie revving up his car at the start of the rally Fred yelled out "The Fast and the Bi-Curious!"

If you listen to old clips, Fred used to be a much bigger part of the show. He didn't just sit quietly doing sound effect drops. He actually talked as himself and not only a parody of someone else. I miss that Fred.

I kinda do too, but he's awesome as Ronnie.

gently caress Benjy, Fire him, bring back Jackie.

Two Kings
Nov 1, 2004

Get the scientists working on the tube technology, immediately.
When’s the last time they played the Fred song?

“He’s a Fred He’s wonderful Fred”...

hanales
Nov 3, 2013
Does anyone have a clip of the super fan trivia contest with sal Richard and another staffer that ended with Sal being accused of cheating?

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

Astro7x posted:

Same here... listening for the first time in forever. The Sirius web app seems like a huge improvement, with several shows on demand and a lot of "clips" which I assume are recent good bits.

And is that the History of Howard completely on demand? drat...

I already re-listened to the Sour Shoes Anniversary clip. What I have seen of the Sirius streaming platform across both computers and mobile devices has been excellent. I think I've listened to the "live feed" maybe once and the rest has been going through what stuff they do have uploaded to the archive

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
I swear this show hasn’t changed a bit since the last time i listened. It’s all the same inside jokes it seems.

Bill Brasky
Apr 13, 2008

Baba booey

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

hanales posted:

Does anyone have a clip of the super fan trivia contest with sal Richard and another staffer that ended with Sal being accused of cheating?

This wouldn't happen to be when they made an ETA trivia game for Vince (I think that's what his name was) who claimed to know everything about Eric?

Sal hosed up one of the questions, regarding the Adult Swim show Eric did a voice for. I think.

hanales
Nov 3, 2013

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

This wouldn't happen to be when they made an ETA trivia game for Vince (I think that's what his name was) who claimed to know everything about Eric?

Sal hosed up one of the questions, regarding the Adult Swim show Eric did a voice for. I think.

No this was a full game with trivia about the show, mostly things that happened before those guys worked there. The claim was sal was writing on both sides of the card if he wasn’t sure. One of the answers was shadow Stevens!

an adult beverage
Aug 13, 2005

Relistening to an episode from 2008 and Howard was talking to Sal about his time as a Stockbroker and he said his best year he made $850k. All I know about being a stockbroker is from Wolf of Wall Street, but is it that easy? Sal is borderline retarded, I just can't fathom a dude like that making that much scratch. And isn't the exam you take to be a Stockbroker notoriously hard?

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

So, did he just absolutely blow all of that? Either that or he's full of poo poo; ain't no one getting THAT panicked about the show ending if they had 850k in the bank.

an adult beverage
Aug 13, 2005

Yeah he is either exaggerating or he blew it all. He always seems to need money with side gigs and such.

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

an adult beverage posted:

Relistening to an episode from 2008 and Howard was talking to Sal about his time as a Stockbroker and he said his best year he made $850k. All I know about being a stockbroker is from Wolf of Wall Street, but is it that easy? Sal is borderline retarded, I just can't fathom a dude like that making that much scratch. And isn't the exam you take to be a Stockbroker notoriously hard?

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/documents/crime/sal-shlockbroker-0

Tl;dr Sal wasn’t so much a stockbroker as he was a telemarketing scumbag who swindled elderly people out of their life savings . Think Boiler Room more than Wolf of Wall Street. I’d be shocked if he ever sold anything more than penny stocks.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
There's no way in hell Sal ever made any $850k doing gooberass cold calls for life insurance products.

an adult beverage
Aug 13, 2005

It's the 10-14-08 episode, that Sal "revelation" got overshadowed as he talked about it right before ETM calls in about losing his virginity at The Bunny Ranch.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
I'm willing to the bet the $850k thing is BS and once again, the sad truth is that most "stock brokers" for the last 20 years are just telemarketers. There are financial advisers and hedge fund managers out there, but most brokers disappeared in the dot com days when you started to be able to buy/sell/trade on your own. Now the brokers have to try to drum up business by selling unwanted assets to the ignorant.

Even if he managed to pull off $850k in a year (definitely prior to the dotcom bust in the late 90s), remember that his wife used to drop four figures on handbags. He admitted in 2009 that they were in massive debt.

hanales
Nov 3, 2013

Lifespan posted:

I'm willing to the bet the $850k thing is BS and once again, the sad truth is that most "stock brokers" for the last 20 years are just telemarketers. There are financial advisers and hedge fund managers out there, but most brokers disappeared in the dot com days when you started to be able to buy/sell/trade on your own. Now the brokers have to try to drum up business by selling unwanted assets to the ignorant.

Even if he managed to pull off $850k in a year (definitely prior to the dotcom bust in the late 90s), remember that his wife used to drop four figures on handbags. He admitted in 2009 that they were in massive debt.

Dot com bust was in 01 right? He probably had made that kind of money once before that. There was a lot floating around during the bubble. Probably after the bust they floated on savings and he ended up on the show in like 04.

Probably spent like they made 850k every year though.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

I agree with the consensus here, he may have made 850k at some point once. I recall when they tried to prank him about offering him a job on the show, I'm sure he mentioned that he made like mid six figures.

Thing is, AFAIK he's got a house, in NYC or the surrounding area, that can't be cheap, as was mentioned, his wife spends thousands on hand bags, and as I recall, he mentioned a while back that they've got a Land Rover. Even the "cheap" ones aren't that cheap, to buy or maintain. And they totally gotta keep up with the joneses so buying a new one every few years would get expensive, and he apparently took quite a pay cut to work on the show.
I've never been to NYC, but I'd bet that you'd have to be steadily making 250K/year, and not spend money like an rear end in a top hat just to live reasonably comfortably. NYC goons, feel free to tell me that last line is bullshit if it is.

gently caress Benjy, fire him and bring back Jackie.

parthenocarpy
Dec 18, 2003

I PRANK!!! NO ONE ELSE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
With the show on haidas for the past two weeks and Sternthology just replaying the same modern bits, I went back and re-listened to a bunch of ETM stuff. This is a perfect reminder as to why he was such a great whack packer and such a piece of poo poo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MfNy_8wg8GM

tldr; He calls the Bunny Ranch's limo service to pick him up in a stretch from Sacramento for a few days at the ranch. The problem is that he was not invited and when a staffer from the ranch contacts him he says "If you're not going to comp me, charge it to Johnny Fratto."