Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

overdesigned
Apr 10, 2003

We are compassion...
Lipstick Apathy
I'd get the SSD just as like, a display piece.

...in two years when they're on clearance

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Devlan Mud
Apr 10, 2006

I'll hear your stories when we come back, alright?

Raged posted:

Lol the SSD is for Armada's version of epic which I have never seen played.

Armada players are going to be pissed. They have had next to nothing announced in a year+

I don't really understand why it's twice the price of an X-Wing Corellian Corvette or Imperial Raider, but maybe it's significantly bigger than those, I can't really tell.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
Would you guys agree that if you have Qi'ra and trick shot on a ship and TL a rock that Qi'ra's ability would make trick shot useless?

Also with the wording would it not also make Han's ability useless?

Qi'ra
While you move and perform attacks, you ignore all obstacles that you are locking.

Raged fucked around with this message at 07:19 on Aug 2, 2018

PST
Jul 5, 2012

If only Milliband had eaten a vegan sausage roll instead of a bacon sandwich, we wouldn't be in this mess.

Raged posted:

Lol the SSD is for Armada's version of epic which I have never seen played.

Armada players are going to be pissed. They have had next to nothing announced in a year+

Probably because it's the first armada epic ship so there was no epic play before.

But yes there are a bunch of ships they could release and it looks like this will be the only thing in a year. Maybe there'll be another wave next autumn so only 18- odd months between waves.

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!
So I know someone else here said they’d were at the 9am .2.0 event here at ten on, but I do not remembered who. I’m the guy in the ‘Genesis does what Nintendon’t’ shirt, if you care to say hi or anything.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp
How does the 2.0 event work? Do they give you lists, do you make one, what's going on

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless Margaret Thatcher
God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady

bunnyofdoom posted:

I am legit interested in all of these things.

And laffo now three factions ahve tie fighters.
Four. Three already had them with the new faction breakdown.

ETA: you covered that later, my bad.

Arquinsiel fucked around with this message at 16:46 on Aug 2, 2018

Funzo
Dec 6, 2002

Acebuckeye13 posted:

How does the 2.0 event work? Do they give you lists, do you make one, what's going on

You get a core set and either a Y-wing or a TIE advanced, depending on what you signed up for. Use them to make a threat 5 list. I went with Luke and a Gold Squadron vet.

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD
Rules reference is up:

https://images-cdn.fantasyflightgames.com/filer_public/b4/ab/b4ab49f3-e25a-4611-baea-4d1e4a84c18b/swzrulesreference_compressed.pdf

I'm a weirdo who is very excited that tractor tokens are circular now.

Funzo
Dec 6, 2002

I went 1-2 in the launch event. We all got that x-wing damage deck too, which was nice.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008
[b]BUNNIES ARE CUTE BUT DEADLY/b]
From Reddit:

First two clone wars ships are the delta jedi interceptor, and the sith infiltration which is a medium based ship with cloak.

Woulda prefered vulture droids, but hey, medium based cloak is fun too.

lazerus06
May 19, 2004
Kylo is a an initiative 5, ability is basically the same, spend a force to assign "I'll show you the dark side." Autothrusters baked into the Silencer.

Edit - Omega Leader is now named Midnight, and is initiative 6

Poe says after you perform an action, you may spend one charge to perform one white action treating it as red. T70 has one regen charge. Can equip missiles, torps and cannons.

lazerus06 fucked around with this message at 20:29 on Aug 2, 2018

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008
Resistance preview is up

That a-wing dial!

also, I needs me Heroic stapled to every ship. I am that bad at dice.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
Scum TIEs ignore asteroids.

As their ship ability.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
The new Black One gives the ship SLAM, but it looks like it's a oneshot?

Kata-Haro
Oct 21, 2010

Omega Leader kept their ability and is now Initiative 6!

Edit: Actually there is a slight change to the wording which means O.leaders victim's dice can't be modified regardless of source, which means no more Juke shenanigans

Kata-Haro fucked around with this message at 21:53 on Aug 2, 2018

I ride bikes all day
Sep 10, 2007

I shitposted in the same thread for 2 years and all I got was this red text av. Ask me about my autism!

College Slice
Looks like The Inquisitor is now just a TIE Advanced with 1 Force. That correct?

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

What the gently caress, they renamed Omega Leader to Midnight instead of Lockdown? This is the first time I've been truly disappointed in second edition.

Brb putting my stuff on ebay oh who am I kidding sign me up for some of the mining TIEs while you're at it

Devlan Mud
Apr 10, 2006

I'll hear your stories when we come back, alright?

I ride bikes all day posted:

Looks like The Inquisitor is now just a TIE Advanced with 1 Force. That correct?

Nah, that’s a generic inquisitor.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Some Numbers posted:

The new Black One gives the ship SLAM, but it looks like it's a oneshot?

Consistent with The Last Jedi, makes sense.

Did a Last Man Standing this morning. Three of the six players had never played X-wing at all. I kind of cleaned house without trying. I felt bad at first but everyone got a new damage deck (Vader, Lando or Ashoka themed), a couple acrylic Force tokens, and an alt art Soontir with 2.0 rules.

Edit:

Admiral Joeslop fucked around with this message at 21:44 on Aug 2, 2018

I ride bikes all day
Sep 10, 2007

I shitposted in the same thread for 2 years and all I got was this red text av. Ask me about my autism!

College Slice

Devlan Mud posted:

Nah, that’s a generic inquisitor.

Oh, I see it now. The Inquisitor is now The Grand Inquisitor. It's an interesting take on his old ability: While you defend at attack range 1, you may spend 1 Force to prevent the range 1 bonus. While you perform an attack against a defender at attack range 2-3, you may spend 1 Force to apply the range 1 bonus.

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013
HI I LIKE TO GIVE ADVICE ON RELATIONSHIPS
FFG's unwritten rule: when in doubt, release a TIE fighter or Falcon expansion.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
That CPT. Seevor ability for the mining Tie is pretty friggin nice.

flightless greeb
Jan 28, 2016

What's even left for them in Rebels now that the show is over? They've got the big version of the Fang Fighter anything else?? Maybe the Sentinel class shuttle in case they ever invent a short cargo haul minigame and need more shuttles??

Jxforema
Sep 23, 2005
long live the Space Pope
They could do that AWAC Gonzanti as a new epic

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
Wasn't the first scum epic a modified gonzanti?

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

flightless greeb posted:

What's even left for them in Rebels now that the show is over? They've got the big version of the Fang Fighter anything else?? Maybe the Sentinel class shuttle in case they ever invent a short cargo haul minigame and need more shuttles??

Honestly I expect few new ships for empire, scum, and rebels. Just re releases of old ones with most entirely new ships arriving in the smaller factions.

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Matter of fact, I'm salty now.
still no TIE Avenger

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

flightless greeb posted:

The super b-wing? [uurl=http://starwarsrebels.wikia.com/wiki/Taylander_Shuttle]This thing?[/url]

Uh uh...I got nothing.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

old Poe/Black One was a lot more interesting

hopefully he isn't too fragile now

flightless greeb
Jan 28, 2016

ConfusedUs posted:

Honestly I expect few new ships for empire, scum, and rebels. Just re releases of old ones with most entirely new ships arriving in the smaller factions.

You're probably right, maybe just new stuff to keep up with new films. (Can't imagine the TIE Brute from SOLO won't make it into the game). I just hope we get repaints with some new models thrown in occasionally. For example, it looks like the 2.0 T70 and TIE/FO are both the same model and paint job as 1.0 Guess we aren't getting folding wing T70s?

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

What does Integrated S-Foils do for T70 X-Wangs?

AndyElusive fucked around with this message at 07:51 on Aug 3, 2018

Bear Is Driving
Mar 30, 2003

flightless greeb posted:

it looks like the 2.0 T70 and TIE/FO are both the same model and paint job as 1.0 Guess we aren't getting folding wing T70s?

The new T-70's wings will fold. For some reason it doesn't mention this in the article but they said it would (and showed it with the wings closed) during the in-flight report presentation at GenCon. How long it will take to get a Black One paint-scheme with folding wings is anyone's guess though.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!
I'm hype. Rules Ref looks great, tooonnes of design space, lots of clear keywording, and I don't think, anything currently left unclear.

Bistromatic
Oct 3, 2004

And turn the inner eye
To see its path...
Yeah, I was a bit worried after the starter box rulebook but I wasn't aware that a separate reference was a thing. This looks pretty thorough and good, hype restored.

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013
HI I LIKE TO GIVE ADVICE ON RELATIONSHIPS
Huh, did I just completely miss this concept?

quote:

While an evading ship defends, during the Modify Defense Dice step, it can spend one or more evade tokens to change that many of it's blank or (eyeball) results to (evade) results.
Evades no longer *add* evade results, meaning that an agility 1 ship with an evade token now has a max of 1 evade result, instead of a max of 2 evade results.

Ooh, this wording will need clarification.

quote:

Proximity mine:
When this device detonates, that ship rolls 2 attack dice. That ship then suffers 1 (hit) damage plus 1(hit/crit) damage for each matching result.
Could be read as (and I assume this is what they actually mean):
1) suffer one (hit)
2) roll two dice
3) suffer whatever damage the dice say

or

1) roll two dice
2) Look at die 1. Suffer one (hit) plus whatever the die says
3) Look at die 2. Suffer one (hit) plug whatever the die says

Actually, a third way:
1) roll two dice
2) look at die 1. If it's a hit or a crit, suffer 1 (hit) plus what the die says. If it's blank, suffer nothing.
2) look at die 2. If it's a hit or a crit, suffer 1 (hit) plus what the die says. If it's blank, suffer nothing.

TheCenturion fucked around with this message at 15:12 on Aug 3, 2018

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

TheCenturion posted:

Huh, did I just completely miss this concept?

Evades no longer *add* evade results, meaning that an agility 1 ship with an evade token now has a max of 1 evade result, instead of a max of 2 evade results.

Yeah. I'm fine with multiple evade tokens changing multiple dice. There aren't many ways to get multiple evades on most ships, and they don't add results.

Also, I think I've found the first Imperial Ace ship that I'm in love with in 2.0. New Whisper doesn't hit as hard, but is far more survivable, even against higher initiative threats, with this setup.

"Whisper" (52)
Lone Wolf (4)
Collision Detector (5)
Grand Inquisitor (16)
Stealth Device (6)

Total: 83

Anyway, here's a ship that gets a free evade action when it decloaks. Usually takes focus action. Has three agility, five if cloaked, likely hanging out behind rocks for another +1. Grand Inquisitor lets you react to higher PS threats when they reveal their dial; you can roll or cloak to protect yourself (or if that isn't necessary, it's another free dice mod per round from his force token). Lone Wolf gets you a reroll on offense or defense, whichever is necessary.

So to recap: reactive actions even against higher Init threats, focus/evade/force behind 3-5 agility, able to easily use rocks for cover for more defense, gets another evade if attacks and hits, one re-roll on any die per round.

Fits very well, points-wise, with any of the following archetypes:
Triple Aces: Whisper + any two other aces that aren't Vader or a defender.
Big drat Aces: Whisper + Vader or Defender + chump blocker
Ace + Miniswarm: Fits with Howl + 2 Black Crack + 1 Academy
Support Aces: Support Ship + Whisper + any other ace that isn't Vader or a defender.

I'm most excited for Whisper + Miniswarm, which I think is more forgiving than the others.

"Whisper" (52)
Lone Wolf (4)
Collision Detector (5)
Grand Inquisitor (16)
Stealth Device (6)

"Howlrunner" (40)

Black Squadron Ace (26)
Crack Shot (1)

Black Squadron Ace (26)
Crack Shot (1)

Academy Pilot (23)

Total: 200

View in Yet Another Squad Builder

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

TheCenturion posted:

Ooh, this wording will need clarification.

Could be read as (and I assume this is what they actually mean):
1) suffer one (hit)
2) roll two dice
3) suffer whatever damage the dice say

or

1) roll two dice
2) Look at die 1. Suffer one (hit) plus whatever the die says
3) Look at die 2. Suffer one (hit) plug whatever the die says

Actually, a third way:
1) roll two dice
2) look at die 1. If it's a hit or a crit, suffer 1 (hit) plus what the die says. If it's blank, suffer nothing.
2) look at die 2. If it's a hit or a crit, suffer 1 (hit) plus what the die says. If it's blank, suffer nothing.

I can't see any way to read it other than the first one, man.

Funzo
Dec 6, 2002

Holy poo poo I hate 2 Reaper lists. Playing in the big Gen Con tournament and they’re everywhere. When I can mod to 4 hits and do no damage that’s not a lot of fun to fly against.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Funzo posted:

Holy poo poo I hate 2 Reaper lists. Playing in the big Gen Con tournament and they’re everywhere. When I can mod to 4 hits and do no damage that’s not a lot of fun to fly against.

How are reapers negating 4 hits?

I'm not disputing that they're frustrating to fly against (jam is crazy powerful), but I've never had trouble hurting one any time I had multiple hits on the board.