Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GreenMarine
Apr 25, 2009

Switchblade Switcharoo
tallkid, I'd like to play some ZM with you at some point. I haven't played that game mode yet. What are the points values?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
Is there a “Imperialis Militia in ZM” similar to the solar aux one posted here (and I think on the main FaceBook group)?

I’m assuming a lot of the points carry over from one to the other?

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Give me a rifle, one round, and point me at Berlin!

Schadenboner posted:

Is there a “Imperialis Militia in ZM” similar to the solar aux one posted here (and I think on the main FaceBook group)?

RAW they're unusable because only Grenadiers come in squads that are smaller than 15 manz, there's not Aux rules about splitting big squads into smaller ones for ZM, and ZM bans units bigger than 15 dudes.

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006

GreenMarine posted:

tallkid, I'd like to play some ZM with you at some point. I haven't played that game mode yet. What are the points values?

I’ve been playing 1k games mostly (two 1.1k games last week as well since we both wanted to take some extra toys). 500-1500 seems like the ideal range. Hit me up on FB or wherever and we can figure something out- I could probably do either morning this weekend out in Bellevue. I have the terrain for a decent 4x4 table, happy to come out to the burbs with it.

Ghazk
May 11, 2007

I can see EVERYTHING

Schadenboner posted:

I think there's a clause in the ZM rules that just flat out say ZM is too brutal for basic humans so militia lists can't be used.

E: Although, I may be getting confused with Victory is Vengeance.

Ghazk fucked around with this message at 16:17 on Sep 13, 2018

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Give me a rifle, one round, and point me at Berlin!
No, that's in TacStrike.

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006
Militia can take grenadier squads, which are pretty good anyway.

Or just pay full retail for a regular squad but only bring 15 guys, the rest having presumably been pushed out the airlock or something on the way to the insertion point.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
You can absolutely run militia in ZM, but some builds are impossible due to the FOC and unit size restrictions. As an example, I can’t run my crows as tainted ferals, which is the way I normally play.

Militia are hampered in ZM because most of the army strengths come from volumes of cheap units, which ZM naturally restricts. The way to go in this mode is probably an ‘elite’ army, something that combines survivors of the dark age with another provenance. I’ll report results after we play next weekend (I expect all my crows to die horribly)

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Real men don't use bolters.

tallkidwithglasses posted:

Militia can take grenadier squads, which are pretty good anyway.

Or just pay full retail for a regular squad but only bring 15 guys, the rest having presumably been pushed out the airlock or something on the way to the insertion point.

Isnt there a clause that says that SA can split up their 20 man squads. Couldnt militia just do the same?

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006

DJ Dizzy posted:

Isnt there a clause that says that SA can split up their 20 man squads. Couldnt militia just do the same?

The aux thing is a specific rule for lasrifle squads in their rulebook. Militia don’t have it.

Broken Record Talk
Jul 28, 2009

A three-hundred thousand degree baptism by nuclear fire;
we had it coming.

DJ Dizzy posted:

Just cheat.

Spotted you, Panascope!

Zasze
Apr 29, 2009
I’d buy like an irresponsible amount of those tanks if they weren’t 110 each :argh:

Zasze fucked around with this message at 01:12 on Sep 15, 2018

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
Just wait 3 months. They'll cost about $30

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
Are Solar Aux getting rolled into the Imperial Army or has it always been organized like this?

Granted, them being completely separate never made a whole lot of sense to me (other than them being the 30k cognates of Stormtroopers who got their own minidex in 6 and 7 which never made a whole lot of sense itself) but still.

Zasze
Apr 29, 2009

Schadenboner posted:

Are Solar Aux getting rolled into the Imperial Army or has it always been organized like this?

Granted, them being completely separate never made a whole lot of sense to me (other than them being the 30k cognates of Stormtroopers who got their own minidex in 6 and 7 which never made a whole lot of sense itself) but still.

They moved it under there after they lctb all the lost and the damned militia models I think.

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006

Zasze posted:

I’d buy like an irresponsible amount of those tanks if they weren’t 110 each :argh:

Do you mind me asking why? As an aux player I definitely want one for tac strike at some point, but I’d never really ever consider taking one in a regular game.

BULBASAUR post the loving tac strike rules.

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

:emptyquote:

Zasze
Apr 29, 2009

Do you mind me asking why? As an aux player I definitely want one for tac strike at some point, but I’d never really ever consider taking one in a regular game.

[/

[quote="tallkidwithglasses" post="487964459"]

I think they look a lot cooler than Russ and match the big track style of my dracosians plus I have a guard army so I’m totally sick of painting Russ’s.

Stats wise they are ok nothing special from the looks of it. Tac strike or nova centurion are a ok place for em.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Mango’s sick ok you gotta wait a little longer

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006

Zasze posted:

I think they look a lot cooler than Russ and match the big track style of my dracosians plus I have a guard army so I’m totally sick of painting Russ’s.

Stats wise they are ok nothing special from the looks of it. Tac strike or nova centurion are a ok place for em.

My main issue with them is that they’re a heavy support choice- I’m pretty addicted to my Malcadors as it is, but if I didn’t take them I’d be more likely to take Medusae or Castellax than a squadron of these guys. If they were fast attack or elites I’d definitely consider them, but all the other heavy support choices are much tougher and/or shootier than them.

All that being said, I suspect a tank commander in one of these is one of the best possible things you can take in tac strike. I definitely want to test this theory on Seattle area hams at some point.

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

Broken Record Talk posted:

Spotted you, Panascope!

Killer_Bees!
Dec 25, 2005

I, for one, welcome
our new insect overlords.
Buglord
I finally attended another 30k event! Just spent 10 hours at the Eye of Horus Spindral Wastes Campaign narrative event..... was fantastic!
Will post a poo poo ton of photos of the tables and armies if you guys want? I managed to get table ready at 11pm the night before but drat I am hanging out for some transfers

I made up a Siege Breaker on the fly so I could chuck phosphex in ZM and then ended up playing nothing but Centurion

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
If there were any militia or sa armies I’m always down to see pics!

E: also, what are those vials on the pointy terminator guy’s belt supposed to be filled with?

Schadenboner fucked around with this message at 12:58 on Sep 15, 2018

DrPop
Aug 22, 2004

Schadenboner posted:

If there were any militia or sa armies I’m always down to see pics!

E: also, what are those vials on the pointy terminator guy’s belt supposed to be filled with?

Phosphex prolly

Killer_Bees! posted:

Will post a poo poo ton of photos of the tables and armies if you guys want?

Yes please. Also your army looks very nice.

How did you like Centurion?

DrPop fucked around with this message at 14:02 on Sep 15, 2018

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

DrPop posted:

Phosphex prolly

Grimdark napalm right?

Ghazk
May 11, 2007

I can see EVERYTHING

Killer_Bees! posted:

I finally attended another 30k event! Just spent 10 hours at the Eye of Horus Spindral Wastes Campaign narrative event..... was fantastic!
Will post a poo poo ton of photos of the tables and armies if you guys want? I managed to get table ready at 11pm the night before but drat I am hanging out for some transfers

Photo dump the poo poo out of this please

Broken Record Talk
Jul 28, 2009

A three-hundred thousand degree baptism by nuclear fire;
we had it coming.

Ghazk posted:

Photo dump the poo poo out of this please

:emptyquote:

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

post the loving tac strike rules.

Sorry bois, but I've managed to string together a pretty amazing number of bad health incidents, and all the files + assets are on my office PC. I wonder if this is how Keith feels whenever he plays 30k.

I might sneak over to the office tomorrow and put everything on my storage so I can start ASAP on Bulba's fixes.

Hixson
Mar 27, 2009

Mango Polo posted:

I wonder if this is how Keith feels whenever he plays 30k.

What the gently caress is that supposed to mean?

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

Killer_Bees! posted:

I made up a Siege Breaker on the fly so I could chuck phosphex in ZM and then ended up playing nothing but Centurion

Plz plz post hot pix. How was the event? Any highlights in how they ran it?

Hixson posted:

What the gently caress is that supposed to mean?

Killer_Bees!
Dec 25, 2005

I, for one, welcome
Buglord
###Message Incoming## ....##DATA DUMP ENGAGED##..##KILL-KILL-KILL#

This is a ‘Hobby Event’ and not a tournament, games and the event itself were highly narrative, with many levels of additional sub quests, character advancements and NPCs, as well as the huge multi level Zone Mortalis main table that encompassed 4 levels of a facility that you could use elevators to move between!

If you’ve listened to the EOH podcast you’ll know what they are into; good quality hobby and fun.
The event was the next evolution of the Geigenhive/Oblivion events, building up the narrative for our planned event series in 2019. It was a Zone Mortalis and Centurion event only as it was shadow war based campaign
The Spindral Wastes had the players following several prophecies, Traitor Relic Hunters following the path of the famed Explorator Haarkon Xyr, Imperials chasing the Emperor’s Children outcast Cellor and his Fleet of Excess as they leave Geigenhive in possession of millions of humans and captured Astarte.

We all started off on the BIG ZM table, traitors and loyalists took a side each and then you had to fight through the levels looting data and relics, when you looted specific data terminals they would reveal what planet some juicy event or relics were hidden on and you teleport out and went chasing it. The whole basis of this campaign was to find as much loot as possible for your side and wreck anyone who stood in your way. The EOH crew had an entire table of NPC's you could hire, fight, murder or recruit during your games and it added heaps to the overall feel and fun of the day.

The rest of the tables:

Most of the armies:

Some of my battles:
I got two big 2v2 1500 points per person games in, loyalist vs traitor. For the first game I was of course loyalists with my shiny fists and got paired with another goons loyalist iron warriors against some traitors consisting of Solar Aux and iron warriors also. It was a very unlucky game and I rolled all the 1s in the world, as well as my team getting some key things against us first turn like my box dread exploding in one shot and killing 4 siege tyrants!!! still tons of fun though!

Second game went much better, it was another 2v2 1500 points each player match up. It was myself and a good mate of mines "loyalist" alphas against a combined admech and traitor templars force.
The mission was "Challange" and wining the match could be triggered by slaying an enemy warlord with yours in combat. My warlord for this event was my Siege Breaker with the phosphex bandoleer and he just happened to get charged by the templars HQ and tanked 3 wounds and proceeded to chainfist his head off in return wining us the match! we played through 4 turns however to capture all the tech on the board and finish off the narrative for the planet. We ended up mauling the traitors pretty badly and the stars of the match were my box dreads killing the enemies leviathan and my team mates plasma cannon squad dominating the board with hot death.

Oh and I won a thing:

All in all it was a loving amazing day/night and I totally wish it was a 2 day event. The amount of effort from the organizers was critical and immense, especially the terrain and all the crazy extra rules and NPCS/ArcheoTech you could trigger/loot.
I can't wait for the next EOH event and big shout out to all the lads who attended, not only were you all cool dudes but everything was painted and presented to a high standard and it made the hobby really shine through

oh .... and Loyalists ended up carrying the day over the traitors!

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006
The only bad part about that post is that the loyalists won

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

What’s it like being the coolest dude

Hixson
Mar 27, 2009

Dumbass idiot joke for a dumbass idiot

Killer_Bees!
Dec 25, 2005

I, for one, welcome
Buglord

The only bad part about that post is that the loyalists won
As a long time traitor and first time loyalist my heart kind of agrees with you there, but I am partial to admech rebels and separatist/bitter mercenary marines myself

long-rear end nips Diane posted:

What’s it like being the coolest dude
The secret is handing out candy during matches and always laughing when you roll another one.....so many ones......

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
God drat that was an awesome post. Gets me hard for heresy seeing you aussie dudes slaming narrative events like that. I hope we can build something out similar over here in the PNW, playing some Tac Strike+ and combining it with standard missions. Gotta say the terrain works really well, especially the EoH dude's stuff which looks like it was easy to slam together. Jungle or cooling tower terrain looks fun as hell.

Congrats on getting the coolest dude award. Proud to know that there is a 30k goon somewhere that is actually a decent human being. I think if we run an event we will definitely have a 'Panascope' award instead.

Killer_Bees!
Dec 25, 2005

I, for one, welcome
Buglord

BULBASAUR posted:

God drat that was an awesome post. Gets me hard for heresy seeing you aussie dudes slaming narrative events like that. I hope we can build something out similar over here in the PNW, playing some Tac Strike+ and combining it with standard missions. Gotta say the terrain works really well, especially the EoH dude's stuff which looks like it was easy to slam together. Jungle or cooling tower terrain looks fun as hell.

Congrats on getting the coolest dude award. Proud to know that there is a 30k goon somewhere that is actually a decent human being. I think if we run an event we will definitely have a 'Panascope' award instead.

The big key things are no awards for placings! only for painting, themes, and sportsmanship. When you take away the monetary or physical rewards it takes away lots of the encouragement of bad event behaviors and rewards the ones you do want to foster. The other big thing is giving any event a theme or grand narrative, and of course loyalists vs traitors/merc types because you know.... that's the whole story of 30k. It doesn't matter if I got smashed in one match if my team still did something cool or if I was able to die in a heroic last stand or blowing up a critical thing and then you carry over cool things to your next event. That guy who was unstoppable last event? he now has teams of assassins and bounties on his head, someone who you played last event and had a crazy game against, call him out for a grudge match. No placings, no rewarding WAAC, just dudes slamming hams and rolling dice.

Ghazk
May 11, 2007

I can see EVERYTHING

Killer_Bees! posted:

The big key things are no awards for placings! only for painting, themes, and sportsmanship. When you take away the monetary or physical rewards it takes away lots of the encouragement of bad event behaviors and rewards the ones you do want to foster. The other big thing is giving any event a theme or grand narrative, and of course loyalists vs traitors/merc types because you know.... that's the whole story of 30k. It doesn't matter if I got smashed in one match if my team still did something cool or if I was able to die in a heroic last stand or blowing up a critical thing and then you carry over cool things to your next event. That guy who was unstoppable last event? he now has teams of assassins and bounties on his head, someone who you played last event and had a crazy game against, call him out for a grudge match. No placings, no rewarding WAAC, just dudes slamming hams and rolling dice.

This 1000 times

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
How do I get in on an Eye of Horus event? Was this one in Adelaide? A mate moved over there and he's been having a good time with the local 30k community. Seems small but active and fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
You aussie bitches need to join slack already