Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Looks like coalition will be all parties except Saskaņa and KPV. :laffo:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

cinci zoo sniper posted:

This is the coalition Germany is headed for if current polling trends continue until the next election in 2021 so keep me posted how that goes

a podcast for cats
Jun 22, 2005

Dogs reading from an artifact buried in the ruins of our civilization, "We were assholes- " and writing solemnly, "They were assholes."
Soiled Meat

cinci zoo sniper posted:

Being in opposition is a pretty good outcome for both of them. Neither has to deliver on their promises and they get to call out the coalition whenever it inevitably fucks up.

edit: Where did you hear that? My Twitter feed doesn't have anything concrete yet.

HorrificExistence posted:

a country created by nazis turns out to have lovely political thought

wow

a quality contribution to a thread. poast more pls.

a podcast for cats fucked around with this message at 19:01 on Oct 7, 2018

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

aphid_licker posted:

This is the coalition Germany is headed for if current polling trends continue until the next election in 2021 so keep me posted how that goes

Ouch, what are you getting - AfD with CSU or whatever will fill the void left by the decline of CDU?

Tonton Macoute posted:

Being in opposition is a pretty good outcome for both of them. Neither has to deliver on their promises and they get to call out the coalition whenever it inevitably fucks up.

edit: Where did you hear that? My Twitter feed doesn't have anything concrete yet.

I saw it on LSM, they reference behind the curtain discussions. Nothing overly specific, but it makes sense.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

latvia, much like amerikkka, is an invention of the nefarious prussian

Close, but it's actually an invention of the Hanseatic Conspiracy, which still lurks in the shadows today.

It's still mostly German, though.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Any hyperwar veterans around to set the record straight?

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

GreyjoyBastard posted:

Close, but it's actually an invention of the Hanseatic Conspiracy, which still lurks in the shadows today.

And Ukraine is of course an Austro-Hungarian conspiracy!

More seriously, in rare positive news --- it sounds Romania's referendum to put a ban on same sex marriage in their constitution failed,
with turn out of only roughly 19% (I am not 100% sure that's the exact final number), while 30% was required.

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

Tonton Macoute posted:

The way I understood it, OIK is a scheme that is intended to subsidize producers of renewable energy. The public distributor (think the public power company) buys energy from small and independent producers that produce energy using renewable sources or co-generation plants and passes a significant part of the cost onto the endusers, thus raising the energy prices for everyone.

Of course, it turned out that the scheme had been set up and managed incompetently and/or negligently for most of this decade. Permits had been given out to power plants that didn't produce electricity, to plants that did not meet the criteria, etc. Lots of money was apparently wasted on bogus contracts and all of that was made worse by the fact that a couple hundred millions were spent on this during the worst periods of austerity while social services were being cut. It's a big talking point.

Hard to tell if you're being sarcastic or not. In either case, see the Q&A for the For Alternative party (the kooks with the strange logo discussed earlier) below:

https://eng.lsm.lv/article/politics/election/10-questions-to-for-an-alternative.a294293/

No sarcasm here, legit interested

HorrificExistence
Jun 25, 2017

by Athanatos

cinci zoo sniper posted:

Did you again drink from a ditch, slavs?

sorry, my vatnik vest was too tight, irony not clear.

GreyjoyBastard posted:

one of these days we'll track down those merchants of Bremen and punish them for their sing-songy ways

HorrificExistence
Jun 25, 2017

by Athanatos

steinrokkan posted:

Ignore that, plenty of DnD goons have recently decided that all nations east of Berlin are fake products of Nazism and should be subjugated by Russia to stomp the contamination out of them. It's just a cool and acceptable way for these posters to fulfill their need to be racist. When they aren't calling Baltic countries nests of Hitler worshippers, they are calling for Russia to overthrow the Banderites in Ukraine and start the next Holodomor or for tanks to roll into Budapest or whatever.

All nations are fake, but it's equally fake to claim that one nation is actually another. as the vatniki do.

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!

steinrokkan posted:

Ignore that, plenty of DnD goons have recently decided that all nations east of Berlin are fake products of Nazism and should be subjugated by Russia to stomp the contamination out of them. It's just a cool and acceptable way for these posters to fulfill their need to be racist. When they aren't calling Baltic countries nests of Hitler worshippers, they are calling for Russia to overthrow the Banderites in Ukraine and start the next Holodomor or for tanks to roll into Budapest or whatever.

Imperialism is the real anti-imperialism lib. :q:

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

cinci zoo sniper posted:

Ouch, what are you getting - AfD with CSU or whatever will fill the void left by the decline of CDU?

CSU will probably remain a regional Bavarian party and if they didn't they'd be competing for the same voters as AfD so that would probably not be a threat federally. I think the cordon sanitaire around AfD will hold one more election, and since they are cruising towards 20% rn while CDU and SPD are losing votes it's looking like it's gonna have to be a three-party-coalition at least, which was what I had to think of when you said "all parties but two". Talking About Germany in the Eastern Europe Thread :v:

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.
Wow. :stare:

a podcast for cats
Jun 22, 2005

Dogs reading from an artifact buried in the ruins of our civilization, "We were assholes- " and writing solemnly, "They were assholes."
Soiled Meat
There have been three investigative journalists killed in Europe in less than 12 months. Caruana Galizia in Malta, Jan Kuciak in Slovakia and now. It's kind of bad anf made worse by the fact this barely registers in the grand scheme of shittiness.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
https://twitter.com/christogrozev/status/1049366567652413446?s=21

Brown Moses
Feb 22, 2002

We planned to publish tomorrow, but we heard the Telegraph got the name, so we've spent the last two hours racing to beat them to it. We've loads more information on him we'll be publishing tomorrow, including forensic digital facial analysis and interviews with people who know him.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
loving scooping the Telegraph. W2G BM!

Dommolus Magnus
Feb 27, 2013

aphid_licker posted:

Talking About Germany in the Eastern Europe Thread :v:

Germany is Europe thus East Germany is Eastern Europe. AfD talk is perfectly thread appropriate. :colbert:

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer

cinci zoo sniper posted:

our green party and our agrarian party are the same entity.
Out of all weird poo poo I'm learning about Latvia here, this weirds me out the most. How the hell is that supposed to work?

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

anilEhilated posted:

Out of all weird poo poo I'm learning about Latvia here, this weirds me out the most. How the hell is that supposed to work?

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3765883&pagenumber=78&perpage=40#post463798439 Here's an earlier discussion about that.

a podcast for cats
Jun 22, 2005

Soiled Meat

anilEhilated posted:

About as well as you would expect. With literal tire fires and such.

I think that a portion of the society is only now waking up to the fact that 'Farmers' in the 21st century has an agrarian rather than a pastoral meaning.

edit: beaten while searching for a video of the fire, but still

Plastic_Gargoyle
Aug 3, 2007

Watching Have I Got News For You and hearing about Brown Moses and Bellingcat is the weirdest thing.

HorrificExistence
Jun 25, 2017

by Athanatos
Sorry if this is too grouchio-esque. But does anyone recall a specific case of "state" russian news referring to Kievens as Banderists during euromaidan? Something similer? This is for a thinkpeice ya,

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Sorry if this is too grouchio-esque. But does anyone recall a specific case of "state" russian news referring to Kievens as Banderists during euromaidan? Something similer? This is for a thinkpeice ya,

Depends o you “state news” definitely. Anything big and official will not have this, far too crass in contrast to professional parroting about organised right wing groups.

HorrificExistence
Jun 25, 2017

by Athanatos

cinci zoo sniper posted:

Depends o you “state news” definitely. Anything big and official will not have this, far too crass in contrast to professional parroting about organised right wing groups.

Hmm, maybe it would be better to look statements of Duma reps? I'm looking for just evidence of the Bandera perception in the state apperatus.

Brown Moses
Feb 22, 2002

So Graham Phillips turned up at our press event today, and thought it would be awesome to stand in front of dozens of journalists who had been waiting patiently for about an hour and start screaming at me about NATO

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TeI3GssR2r0

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
D&D LARP is pretty good. Even has a shitposter melting down.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
please post all your best pierogi recipes here
i finally noticed what the thread title was, whoops

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

I'm at work so any deets on the Phillips meltdown would be appreciated. How did he show up at the event, I thought he couldn't enter the country?

Brown Moses
Feb 22, 2002

Scaramouche posted:

I'm at work so any deets on the Phillips meltdown would be appreciated. How did he show up at the event, I thought he couldn't enter the country?

So we held an event in Parliament to release details of our new report on the Skripal suspect, and loads of journalists wanted interviews, so we agreed to do interviews outside, so there was this big row of cameras and journalists waiting for us. As soon as I start speaking Graham Phillips appears and starts shouting about how it's all NATO propaganda, seriously loving off the waiting journalists, and especially when he stands directly in front of them to push his camera in my face. Everyone is shouting at him to gently caress off, and he's lucky they didn't lamp him. Eventually the police dragged him away and I went off to do one on one interviews.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Hmm, maybe it would be better to look statements of Duma reps? I'm looking for just evidence of the Bandera perception in the state apperatus.

Oh, for that you can find enough googling "site:tass.ru бандеровцы" and "site:tass.ru бандера". Apparently I had my expectations a bit to high for lexicon used, although some articles do make a more classical approach of "banderovtsy, who could be called so referencing the name of their leader". Or, directly to point of your question, just read https://tass.ru/politika/1200389.

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

Party Plane Jones posted:

please post all your best pierogi recipes here
i finally noticed what the thread title was, whoops

Sorry, I am not Polish.

Not that I know any varenyky recipes, either

HorrificExistence
Jun 25, 2017

by Athanatos

cinci zoo sniper posted:

Oh, for that you can find enough googling "site:tass.ru бандеровцы" and "site:tass.ru бандера". Apparently I had my expectations a bit to high for lexicon used, although some articles do make a more classical approach of "banderovtsy, who could be called so referencing the name of their leader". Or, directly to point of your question, just read https://tass.ru/politika/1200389.

Oh this is perfect! Thank you!

I'm really interested in the reclamation of Bandera as a hero and a villain, in Ukraine and Russia respectively. Particularly how both views obscure the actual victims of the OUN. This definitely helps.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Oh this is perfect! Thank you!

I'm really interested in the reclamation of Bandera as a hero and a villain, in Ukraine and Russia respectively. Particularly how both views obscure the actual victims of the OUN. This definitely helps.

In Russia not much has changed since Soviet times, topic was just situationally brought up and refurnished to prod the public opinion the right way.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Brown Moses posted:

So Graham Phillips turned up at our press event today, and thought it would be awesome to stand in front of dozens of journalists who had been waiting patiently for about an hour and start screaming at me about NATO

Hm... Hm... Yes. I see, yes. But where is your evidence?

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Brown Moses posted:

I'm low-key surprised/sad he didn't start yelling severely mispronounced homophobic slurs in Russian at you as he was being pushed away. Also, is that Simon Ostrovsky on the thumbnail?

HUGE PUBES A PLUS
Apr 30, 2005

Brown Moses posted:

NATO SOROS CIA propagandist. "I'm the real journalist!" Graham Philips needs to pick a bogeyman you work for BM.

Amazing his involvement as a journalist started because his girlfriend was at Euromaidan and he wasn't able to use all of his sex tourist credits before they expired.

Doctor Malaver
May 23, 2007

Ce qui s'est passé t'a rendu plus fort

Brown Moses posted:

So we held an event in Parliament to release details of our new report on the Skripal suspect, and loads of journalists wanted interviews, so we agreed to do interviews outside, so there was this big row of cameras and journalists waiting for us. As soon as I start speaking Graham Phillips appears and starts shouting about how it's all NATO propaganda, seriously loving off the waiting journalists, and especially when he stands directly in front of them to push his camera in my face. Everyone is shouting at him to gently caress off, and he's lucky they didn't lamp him. Eventually the police dragged him away and I went off to do one on one interviews.

That was very interesting, even with most journalists' questions inaudible. Please post some links to proper interviews when you have them.

What's with the anti-Brexit protesters? Are they for real or ...maybe hired to make the event messy and less credible? :ninja: And who's the guy interviewed on the left around 7:56? Another member of the Bellingcat team?

Brown Moses
Feb 22, 2002

I was there with my colleague Christo Grozev, who worked on the majority of the Skripal reporting, he was speaking with the journalists at various points. Bob Seely MP hosted us in Parliament, where we gave a briefing to the press. There was an anti-Brexit protester there, apparently he's a feature of that location, as it's a place where they film a lot of news related stuff, and he likes to hang around the background of stuff. He was pretty cool, asking Graham to let us speak. It was a weird moment for me, to say the least.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dpf
Sep 17, 2011

I actually saw that on the news. Weird seeing a Goon on TV. And yeah that Remain guy is always there chillin'. He's much more urbane than Brian Haw was