Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

My face when others are unable to appreciate the :kazooieass:

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor
Ok, rereading it, I picked up that flavourclaim wise, Dancer claims to be Willy while Ecco claims to be Giles. Am I reading that right? Walls of text hurt my eyes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

jimmydalad posted:

Ok, rereading it, I picked up that flavourclaim wise, Dancer claims to be Willy while Ecco claims to be Giles. Am I reading that right? Walls of text hurt my eyes.

Congratulations, you can read a line in a chat log. What is this?

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
##vote jimmy

He's acting like he's helping find scum with analysis that obviously isn't helping.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

jimmydalad posted:

Is it too late to join? Even if I have no idea what I’m doing?

Come on merk you can do better

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

merk posted:

##vote jimmy

He's acting like he's helping find scum with analysis that obviously isn't helping.

I’m just trying to find things to go off. If we have an idea of what their flavourclaim is, then we can form a loose idea about what possible roles they may have. At the very least it’d give us an udication whether they are scum or not. Like Giles is very much unlikely to be scum.

Additionally, if we lock in these, then we can see if they change their claim later on or see if anyone else has the same flavour claim. That’s my logic going into this, though there is a possibility Humalog have scum safe claims.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Hal Incandenza posted:

Come on merk you can do better

Oh, completely brand new? Ok. ##unvote; ##vote ASF

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

jimmydalad posted:

I’m just trying to find things to go off. If we have an idea of what their flavourclaim is, then we can form a loose idea about what possible roles they may have. At the very least it’d give us an udication whether they are scum or not. Like Giles is very much unlikely to be scum.

Additionally, if we lock in these, then we can see if they change their claim later on or see if anyone else has the same flavour claim. That’s my logic going into this, though there is a possibility Humalog have scum safe claims.

You should always assume that scum have fake claims.

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

Fair dos. Sorry bout that. I’ll get off that tangent than :)

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
It's generally a good idea to ignore flavor when trying to find scum. There are exceptions to this rule, but they are limited. If you're focusing on flavor, you're probably focusing your effort in the wrong area.

Here is some mafia dadding for you: The ONLY scum tell that matters is whether someone is faking that they are scum hunting. Look for that. Look for nothing else. Find scum.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

So reading the thread. gently caress weird gambits.

##vote ecco

Surprisingly good reason for a D1 vote honestly.

merk posted:

Oh, completely brand new? Ok. ##unvote; ##vote ASF

I waffle awkwardly regardless of alignment and you know it.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

A Sometimes Food posted:

I don't really know anything about you.

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby

Hal Incandenza posted:

That was when ecco was still pretending (allegedly) to be a traitor, she later recanted that

why continue for so long? i saw she claimed giles early on but you are right the town claim came later. you say allegedly, is this re: ecco actually being the traitor, or are you thinking dancer made that up?

would like to hear cpig updated thoughts also

A Sometimes Food posted:

So reading the thread. gently caress weird gambits.

##vote ecco

Surprisingly good reason for a D1 vote honestly.

do you have any other reads atm?

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I think you can read that chatlog as Ecco keeping up the gambit long enough in hopes that Dancer, if scum, actually believes Ecco is a traitor and scum claims.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Atomic Soda posted:

AA seems to be posting in the manner they do when under pressure, so guessing scum or 3p if it's happening D1.

Or they're just high on cough syrup.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination
if AA was 3rd party they'd have already admitted to it by now. I don't think anyone has put the pressure on AA today.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

A Sometimes Food posted:

AA seems to be posting in the manner they do when under pressure, so guessing scum or 3p if it's happening D1.

Lol what pressure

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

A Sometimes Food posted:

This person needs to go.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Atomic Soda posted:

why continue for so long? i saw she claimed giles early on but you are right the town claim came later. you say allegedly, is this re: ecco actually being the traitor, or are you thinking dancer made that up?

would like to hear cpig updated thoughts also

I don’t think Dancer made anything up. Ecco should answer for herself but as merk just said she was pushing forever to see if Dancer was playing coy as scum, probably so she could either catch him out or feel like she could trust him as town and actually act like a confirmed masonry

I say allegedly because I have no idea for sure if Ecco is town or scum but it reads like a town gambit to me

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
What's great is that Ecco is also good enough to run this gambit as scum so it looks like a town gambit.

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

So many gambits :psyduck:

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby

merk posted:

I think you can read that chatlog as Ecco keeping up the gambit long enough in hopes that Dancer, if scum, actually believes Ecco is a traitor and scum claims.

sure agree this could be the case. dancer has been pretty honest with us though and she hasn't. why do you think she refused to clarify what happened in thread like dancer asked, after she claimed town? i don't see how this was towny but perhaps i'm missing something again!

A Sometimes Food posted:

what post/s pinged you in particular? can you quote them for me please

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

Lol what pressure

Self induced in this case. You were posting like you do when under pressure despite being under no pressure.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Atomic Soda posted:

sure agree this could be the case. dancer has been pretty honest with us though and she hasn't. why do you think she refused to clarify what happened in thread like dancer asked, after she claimed town? i don't see how this was towny but perhaps i'm missing something again!

what post/s pinged you in particular? can you quote them for me please

Because Ecco doesn't care what you think about Ecco's alignment. Ecco cares about what Dancer (and the rest of the thread) does in reaction to the gambit to determine Dancer's (and the rest of the thread's) alignment.

I suggest you look at other player's reaction to the gambit instead of the gambit to find scum. That's what I did. I found ASF!

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

A Sometimes Food posted:

Self induced in this case. You were posting like you do when under pressure despite being under no pressure.

I think you might have gotten into my cough syrup supply.

:thunk:

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

A Sometimes Food posted:

Cool. Please quote a post where AA is under pressure and link a game that explains this meta case to us.

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby

merk posted:

Because Ecco doesn't care what you think about Ecco's alignment. Ecco cares about what Dancer (and the rest of the thread) does in reaction to the gambit to determine Dancer's (and the rest of the thread's) alignment.

I suggest you look at other player's reaction to the gambit instead of the gambit to find scum. That's what I did. I found ASF!

thankyou for the advice, i am also trying to do that : ) i am interested in what ecco does when she returns to the thread

feeling you on asf

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Beet baby, that was never my reason. You've had too much to drink. If I wasn't at work, I'd call you and sing you a lullaby because clearly you need some sleep.

My reason for voting you was that you voted for Bee because you suggested he was protecting his scummates.

Meaning you think both Dancer and Ecco are, or have potential to be, scum.

Now, maybe it was the tonic, or a joke when you were voting, but I thought it was curious because:

A. I'm leaning towards a dunk on neither atm, if one of the two, Ecco obviously, but...
B. I'd reason Dancer is more likely to be town for the organic nature of how everything was revealed explained and...
C. Ecco could be making a scumbles stumble, but I doubt it.

##unvote

THe sauce

I'm an arseblaster

I'll blast your arses.

Also I think toal makes a good point.

##vote ecco

This strip of posts mostly. Ping ponging votes, getting defensive. Just how pressured AA plays from my past experience.

Seeing as there's no real pressure on them that reads scum to me.

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

What about ASF is suspicious? I’m still trying to pick everything up :/

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

jimmydalad posted:

What about ASF is suspicious? I’m still trying to pick everything up :/

He was acting weird in reaction to the Ecco/Dancer thing, and then he tried to respond to my callout with a bad case on AA which looks like fake content.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
[b##vote toalpaz[/b] merk make the case for me tia

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

EccoRaven posted:

[b##vote toalpaz[/b] merk make the case for me tia

I mistakenly voted Toalpaz in the last game because his posts sound super awkward.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
It was your game!

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

A Sometimes Food posted:

This strip of posts mostly. Ping ponging votes, getting defensive. Just how pressured AA plays from my past experience.

Seeing as there's no real pressure on them that reads scum to me.

I literally explained voting beet who misunderstood why I was voting him because he was admittedly drunk.

Then toal made a very good point that I agreed with.

You're being weird about this I think.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
yes but in this case it's different!!

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

I literally explained voting beet who misunderstood why I was voting him because he was admittedly drunk.

Then toal made a very good point that I agreed with.

You're being weird about this I think.

I got asked if I had any other reads, my gut feel was you acting weird. I feel the Ecco vote is stronger which is why my vote is there.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Dancer posted:

Yes lovely formatting, sue me.

There's some more stuff, but that's about the entirety of what we talked regarding her allignment. You will notice how even in the periods where she claims to be totally town and trust me she's still making demands instead of requests and making threats and being uncooperative (like seriously, she claims she "didn't say I lied", but her post, even if it doesn't literally state it, it absolutely loving suggests that I lied, and she's like "yeah okay I'll clarify that no I don't think you lied but only if you do this thing for me first").

Like, okay, Ecco is a really freaky person, I can imagine some scenario in which she plays this gambit as town, but I'm not buyin' it right now.

Screenshots or it didn't happen.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

It's late so I'm gonna sleep. Seeing as a train is building on me, cards on the table I am Oz, vanilla town.

Given what happens in Buffy I guess I may get a power later but I'm vanilla now.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
##vote toalpaz there now with proper tags.

during the dancing Gambit, as I'm calling it, Toalpaz:
- said both of us should die
- immediately went "ha ha I was just joking" when called out for it
- their vote on me is the worst of the four. Dancer makes sense, I claimed scum and dancer posting and voting is necessary for the Gambit to work. AA misread the log because dancer is bad at formatting things, and ASF is just a "oh nah screw it" kinda thing, which reads townie to me because scum feel the need to justify their votes more than town. Which makes Toalpaz the worst of the four, and I think they're more likely to be scum.

Gambit finished. I'm very disappointed in dancer posting the log.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

A Sometimes Food posted:

It's late so I'm gonna sleep. Seeing as a train is building on me, cards on the table I am Oz, vanilla town.

Given what happens in Buffy I guess I may get a power later but I'm vanilla now.

you have literally two votes.

ninja: a train of one, my mistake.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

EccoRaven posted:

you have literally two votes.

ninja: a train of one, my mistake.

Lmao