Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Asiina posted:

Yeah I think it could be DB/Pod.

Let me run through possible combinations.

Birb is my friend (also his results have come through) and I know I'm not scum, so scum must be spread out between the remaining two masonries.

BK+Pod and Xad+DB

BK/DB: Unlikely since why would BK bus his scumbro like this.
Pod/DB: Maybe
BK/Xad: Xad and BK visited DB so not possible
Pod/Xad: Pod could have killed Solus and Xad did ??? to DB, this is kinda unlikely though since nothing bad happened to him.

Yeah, so it looks like the scum team is DB/Pod.

idc which one we vote

This assessment conveniently leaves out two possibilities - that you're scum, or that scum had a sham masonry in addition to their scumchat as a safeguard against what I assume is people who lose their masonbud join the other masonries, now that we know Solus joined all remaining masonries briefly.

It's secondary to the DB thing at hand, but I don't want people to take the way Asiina's laid it out as concrete facts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Xad posted:

I've been wondering the same thing all day and the only real point in his favor is that even when solus mentioned that he was in EVERY masonry, DB didn't try to get him to spill the beans on claims that may have been made, which would have been incredibly useful for scum. That, and the fact that killing solus INSTEAD of doing that as scum seems like a mistake, BUT knowing that solus and DB had agreed to cop each other, you'd kinda HAVE to kill Solus or be prepared to argue that he's an insane cop

solus seemed pretty sure that if there were only 2 scum, they definitely weren't in the same masonry, and probably weren't me and DB, because me and DB had claimed to each other, and nobody else had

granted, DB didn't bring up his role until after solus claimed cop, so that's not exactly a point in DB's favor

if DB was the only player seen going to Solus, then it seems incredibly likely that it was DB, otherwise there's a ninja NK, but I don't know how likely that is in a game this small

I'm all for a massclaim at this point, I think

Also I am glad you started playing today, I was semi-casing you in my masonry on D1 to Beek and Solus on N1 but this is good. I'm skeptical that DB would have been ballsy enough to try and press Solus when you were right there, and it makes more sense that he would simply go for cutting the Gordian Knot since a townie in every masonry (which he told you two and nobody else) is a huge boon for town in terms of information gathering. That would have been a lot to bring to the table today.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
##unvote

Podima posted:

I can confirm Solus was in our masonry and didn't mention being anywhere else.

Solus did mention that he/she kept that info away from players he/she didn't trust in my masonry, so I'm going to take the word of a known town player.

But I will say, after re-reading you Pod you do read like I would expect town Pod to read.

My vote on you was the result of the numbers game which I think Xad touched on here:

Xad posted:

Okay, so so far we have:

28766f69642a2930: watched DB, saw Xad and beek
Asiina: ???
BottleKnight: tracked DB to Solus
Dick Bastardly: copped Solus, got a town result
Podima: ???
Solus: Copped DB, died
Xad: Doc DB, success

and Toal was a PGO

if everyone is telling the truth, Pod and asiina are scum

however one important detail I missed was the bolded part, which is highly unlikely, not to mention you had no input to lie about regardless.

so my suss was overzealous and I see that now

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
no u

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this
hello i am here and caught up

i am pretty set on db as my vote today as the most likely scum

every other possibility requires more wifom than i am comfortable with

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
this game of mafia is very exciting

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
There isn't really much more to do than vote me and give me my sweet release.

Doing so however will kill a sane cop, but y'all do you.

My scum picks are birb (early gut feels) and Asiina (claimed VT but I think could be a ninja)

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
birb what's your read on Asiina?

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice

Dick Bastardly posted:

There isn't really much more to do than vote me and give me my sweet release.

Doing so however will kill a sane cop, but y'all do you.

My scum picks are birb (early gut feels) and Asiina (claimed VT but I think could be a ninja)

Nobody watched Solus, there doesn't need to be a ninja for you to have not done the kill

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Xad posted:

Nobody watched Solus, there doesn't need to be a ninja for you to have not done the kill

Maybe cause he's......guilty????

I dunno, this feels wrapped up to me.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
I’m here to support asii’s new role with NASA

##vote dickyb

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
You're a good friend birb.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
##vote DB

you guys are too good for me to baboozle.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 2

Dick Bastardly (4): BottleKnight, Asiina, 28766f69642a2930, Dick Bastardly
Podima (0): Dick Bastardly, Dick Bastardly

Not Voting (2): Podima, Xad

With 6 alive, it's 4 votes to execute. The current deadline is November 15th, 2018 at 9:14 p.m. EST -- that's in about 30 minutes.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
DickBastardly, self aligned Serial Killer, was lynched day 2

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Xad, Town aligned Doctor, was killed Night 2.

Scum Team Asiina and Podima have won the game.

So I made a game where every masonry had one killing role and one town help role. This was mostly just a test of the 'adding people to masonries' idea, which has sparked some really cool ideas for me for future games. Thanks for trying out my new ideas

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
We did it! :toot:

I was a Ninja/Juggernaut (my choice) and Asiina was a Godfather.

Asiina and I submitted a kill on DB Night 1 (ninja) and were VERY CONFUSED about mysterious redirection hijinks when Solus died instead - we never even considered that an 8 person game with a scumteam of 2 would also have a SK.

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice
Dang welp, this was a really cool setup, thanks for hosting Kashuno, gg everyone

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Podima posted:

We did it! :toot:

I was a Ninja/Juggernaut (my choice) and Asiina was a Godfather.

Asiina and I submitted a kill on DB Night 1 (ninja) and were VERY CONFUSED about mysterious redirection hijinks when Solus died instead - we never even considered that an 8 person game with a scumteam of 2 would also have a SK.

Originally the PGO was going to be a town vig, but I thought that was a bit much

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
One of I think my favorite ideas coming out of this game will be to create a large game with pairs, and no scum chat by default. Scum will have to find each other by murdering other people to shrink the possible masonries they could be in, and it'd be very interesting to see how the game plays out from there. It'd have to be an open setup and defined ahead of time, but it would be a cool extra bit of puzzle solving

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I love that it was a totally fabricated case that Solus joining the masonry and suggesting they investigate each other ended up trapping DB into killing him, but that's what actually happened. :allears:

An interesting setup. I think in a small game having guaranteed one scum only per masonry does make it pretty solvable, but I do like the idea of lonely masons getting to hang out with everyone else.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Thanks for the game, Kash

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice
DB why the dang heck did you fakeclaim cop like what the actual gently caress lol

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice

Asiina posted:

I love that it was a totally fabricated case that Solus joining the masonry and suggesting they investigate each other ended up trapping DB into killing him, but that's what actually happened. :allears:

An interesting setup. I think in a small game having guaranteed one scum only per masonry does make it pretty solvable, but I do like the idea of lonely masons getting to hang out with everyone else.

I couldn't doc myself, so by claiming D2 I was basically already dead unless we lunched scum :v:

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
I think this setup would have been fun with dual SKs personally!

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination
I nailed scum and was cruelly ridiculed by town for speaking the truth.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Toalpaz posted:

You named us both on D1 lol

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Podima posted:

I think this setup would have been fun with dual SKs personally!

Yeah when you mentioned that idea I was like drat that is a cool idea with this

I dunno how I feel about de-masoned folk getting to chill with everyone. I don’t want them to be solo, but I want them to not have full backlogs. I’ll weigh it some more

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Podima posted:

You named us both on D1 lol

The people aren't ready for my wholistic detective skills.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Kashuno posted:

I dunno how I feel about de-masoned folk getting to chill with everyone. I don’t want them to be solo, but I want them to not have full backlogs. I’ll weigh it some more

The effort-intensive (but not really) way to do it is to create new masonry channels for each day so that newcomers don't get the previous day's backlog.

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice

Kashuno posted:

the Death Note game had neato mechanics like this, since everyone wasn't necessarily in a discord channel with their own alignment, and nobody knew who anyone was except the scum/death note peoples I think

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice

Toalpaz posted:

I also named both of them and then dickyb murdered himself because he fakeclaimed cop

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Xad posted:

DB why the dang heck did you fakeclaim cop like what the actual gently caress lol

I just went with it :shrug:

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
Kash that was really fun and look forward to the next game you run with what you've learned from this one guiding your artful modding hand

GG scums

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

I'm going to keep posting cause I'm a bit sour and I didn't think I should have been lunched d1. So just a warning sour grapes ahead.

I think people really have a problem in this game separating the content of a post from the style of the post. As I understand it, people generally think I'm scummy cause the way I argue and express myself is scummy. Basically stylistically I act scummy. But time and time again posters who choose not to put themselves out there with arguments succeed more often then not as scum!

This means that people who tend not to express themselves or make arguments are more likely to be scum, because they're trying to win with the most effective strategy. This paired with the fact that I was one of the few people actually scum hunting day one (I'm not sure if Pod or Asiina count, and a few people offered reads but I made a case) I'm not sure why I was lunched D1. The most effective scum hunting tool, as Merk described it to me one game and something I earnestly believe, is to look for un-genuine scum hunting. So what about my case day 1 was un-genuine?

Basically, I think people are so wrapped up in the style of a post (the best scum post to make is one that cool and smug because town assumes that's innocence for some reason) that they refuse to look at intentionality. Idk, just trying to understand what was so bad about my d1.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Dick Bastardly posted:

Kash that was really fun and look forward to the next game you run with what you've learned from this one guiding your artful modding hand

GG scums

Yeah also GG Pod and Asiina, you did well.

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice

Toalpaz posted:

Basically, I think people are so wrapped up in the style of a post (the best scum post to make is one that cool and smug because town assumes that's innocence for some reason) that they refuse to look at intentionality. Idk, just trying to understand what was so bad about my d1.

if you ever see me responding to a post with nothing but a simple "lmao" know that I am definitely scum and you should vote for me

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this
I enjoyed this chill game, good job scum

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

BottleKnight posted:

I enjoyed this chill game, good job scum

• Locked thread