Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

McFrugal posted:

Uhhh, grav didn't say anything with violent intent in those snaps anyway. The fact that they investigated at all says that they might have done something, as well.

ah, i see you're not part of a demographic that has to fear for their life

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

People are supposed to get hurt by things. It's fucked up to not. It's not good for you.
It's a public discord, they'll probably have their independently verifiable evidence shortly since a lot of people I know seem pretty keen to press the issue.

I'm expecting this to develop further at the moment.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

just have PMG playing cardcaptor tetris from now on

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I also am in the club that doesn't blame them for wanting concrete proof they can look at themselves. The thing is, that already exists, and they could have found it themselves by just googling it. I hesitate to take a screenshot from kiwifarms but I don't wanna bother seeking out the post itself.

The dude admitted publicly that he has a bunch of sock puppet accounts, one of which is called "DegenCuckExposer", something which he and his pals directly mention in the bigass compilation of screenshots that goes on for miles. Case closed. I did more research than GDQ in like 5 minutes.

edit: Even more proof of his guilt, he edited the post a few months ago once attention had been drawn to it. The expose that revealed this however is still up and publicly viewable.

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 04:11 on Nov 28, 2018

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
lmao GDQ

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

greetings from germany

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
i mean, i think they're looking for proof more about graviton than altrightgoose but i'm sure that's easy to find too.

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003

DoctorWhat posted:

Transphobia is, in and of itself a declaration of violent intent, especially when framed sexually. Look up the "trans panic defense" sometime.

As for GDQ's follow-up tweet: I'll believe they have criteria for expulsion based on this kind of despicable behavior as soon as they ever act on it. But every time I've run into this issue with speedrunning or GDQ, GDQ has sided implicitly, if not explicitly, with the shithead, regardless of the weight of evidence.

No, it CAN drive people to violence. Like, there are a lot of racists. Not all of them are violent. Same thing with transphobia and homophobia.
Have you heard the term "casual racism"? Someone using a slur doesn't mean they wanna beat people up.

Johnny Joestar posted:

ah, i see you're not part of a demographic that has to fear for their life

I'm well aware that hate crimes exist, thanks.

On the other hand it's kindof pointless to argue this anyway, it's basically semantics.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
I don't think RWG being loving horrible is what's in question, it's if the same goes for gravitron

still though it should take more than an afternoon to investigate and that "differing opinions" line is a real loving bad look when you're talking about literal nazis

ElegantFugue
Jun 5, 2012

I feel like "we cannot accept text log screenshots from a person previously expelled from one of our events for wearing MAGA gear on stream at one of our prior events as ironclad proof that another attendee must be banned, but if people have something more concrete, hint hint, we can ban them" is actually reasonable? The issue is Graviton, right? Rwhitegoose is already not invited?

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

People are supposed to get hurt by things. It's fucked up to not. It's not good for you.
Yeah, you're conflating Graviton and Goose.

Goose is a known shithead, nobody doubts this. He's not quiet about it. Graviton is probably the same but he just doesn't go around hollering it to thousands of people on the regular, so it's a lot harder to get concrete stuff. Goose isn't running in GDQ, Grav is.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

flatluigi posted:

I don't think RWG being loving horrible is what's in question, it's if the same goes for gravitron

DoctorWhat posted:

i mean, i think they're looking for proof more about graviton than altrightgoose but i'm sure that's easy to find too.

Fair enough. Just saying that the public receipts they want is there, what I just posted is a tie to provable reality they can look at and say "oh ok".

edit: Basically what I mean is, RWhiteGoose's involvement in it is proof that it's not fake imo.

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 04:14 on Nov 28, 2018

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

lol what a milquetoast response, but i think its safe to say theyre blacklisted from ever attending again. just dont approve their runs anymore. it isn't a hardline response against Very Clear Nazis which is kinda weird in 2018 though, this feels like something a corporation would do to sweep it under the rug. gdq is like 2 people, was mike also somehow in the discord too?

CJacobs posted:

Someone poke KevinDDR to come forward because he is the least offensive person featured in those screenshots imo.

I am sure kevin is not any kind of racist or transphobic but i'm not going to speak on his behalf :v:

mbt fucked around with this message at 04:16 on Nov 28, 2018

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003
Wait, has GDQ not banned RWhiteGoose yet?

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

"differing opinions" is such a poo poo look they'd have done better by just not saying anything at all

1-800-DOCTORB
Nov 6, 2009

McFrugal posted:

Wait, has GDQ not banned RWhiteGoose yet?

He hasn't been to one in like 4 years.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

https://twitter.com/KevinDDR/status/1067617495014563840?s=19

Seems he was impersonated.

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

I always knew I'd die with a headache.

Kaubocks posted:

"differing opinions" is such a poo poo look they'd have done better by just not saying anything at all

People are going to remember that for a lot longer than this guy getting banned if that actually happens. It’s such a loving own goal

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003

1-800-DOCTORB posted:

He hasn't been to one in like 4 years.

But is he banned, or just hasn't gone? Or are they just not accepting submissions from him without publicly saying he's banned?

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

He wasnt impersonated. I joined the discord at the same time as him, hes really nice! idk if hes still in it but prolly not

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

If you or Kevin still have access you can corroborate!

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

McFrugal posted:

No, it CAN drive people to violence. Like, there are a lot of racists. Not all of them are violent. Same thing with transphobia and homophobia.
Have you heard the term "casual racism"? Someone using a slur doesn't mean they wanna beat people up.

thanks for your take, man. real lukewarm.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

DoctorWhat posted:

If you or Kevin still have access you can corroborate!

Im not wading back into that lol. There was a guy named altrightjack who kept posting fbi crime statistics and phrenology and goose was like wow thats very interesting. Goose is a 30 something who lives with his parents but says social services are bad and calls people degenerate a lot.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

lol, amazing timing on someone giving me this av

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

obviously I can't force you but it would mean a lot to a lot of people and potentially create a safer space.

Boogalo
Jul 8, 2012

Meep Meep

If instead of splattering their evidence across the internet AND tagging the accused in the tweet, they had gotten gdq staff into the discord to see the poo poo for themselves the outcome would have been different. But they shouted it and tagged the people so they could quickly go murder those channels or the whole server so its all gone forever. It this had been started by literally anyone else who isn't banned from GDQ the outcome might have been different and the screenshots taken at face value. She had he chance to nail these guys and hosed up.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Boogalo posted:

If instead of splattering their evidence across the internet AND tagging the accused in the tweet, they had gotten gdq staff into the discord to see the poo poo for themselves the outcome would have been different. But they shouted it and tagged the people so they could quickly go murder those channels or the whole server so its all gone forever. It this had been started by literally anyone else who isn't banned from GDQ the outcome might have been different and the screenshots taken at face value. She had he chance to nail these guys and hosed up.
lmao, like GDQ wouldn't just ignore it and hope it goes away

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

DoctorWhat posted:

obviously I can't force you but it would mean a lot to a lot of people and potentially create a safer space.

Idk how finding more choice quotes would help, all the top hits are on there and he isnt banned from whatever.

Also its not that i wont as much as he and the rest of the goldeneye crew kicked everyone from everything and made everything private. 'Hi goose remember when i called you a moron for saying crisis actors were real? Id like to snoop your chat logs, invite please'

Im mad i didnt think of this first tbh, i could have collected for months.

Violently Car
Dec 2, 2007

You are now entering completely darkness

Meyers-Briggs Testicle posted:

Idk how finding more choice quotes would help, all the top hits are on there and he isnt banned from whatever.

Also its not that i wont as much as he and the rest of the goldeneye crew kicked everyone from everything and made everything private. 'Hi goose remember when i called you a moron for saying crisis actors were real? Id like to snoop your chat logs, invite please'

Im mad i didnt think of this first tbh, i could have collected for months.

It's mostly about the GDQ staff being able to independently verify the quotes. Their issue isn't that they need to see something more severe, but rather, they don't trust the source of the screenshots enough to take them as conclusive evidence.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

Again, this isn't about goose, but graviton.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Im not wading back into that lol. There was a guy named altrightjack who kept posting fbi crime statistics and phrenology and goose was like wow thats very interesting. Goose is a 30 something who lives with his parents but says social services are bad and calls people degenerate a lot.

of course goose is into phrenology that weirdo incel gently caress

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Considering they arent taking discord posts as evidence, im not sure what that would do. I wonder if I could get back in then loan my discord account to gdq staff so they could read it themselves. :thinking:

I think its highly likely goose gets banned and grav doesnt in the end.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
I really doubt goose isn't already banned, it's just a lack of info on grav

and yeah try to get back in and share your account imo

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

McFrugal posted:

But is he banned, or just hasn't gone? Or are they just not accepting submissions from him without publicly saying he's banned?

He hasn't gone since 2014 and also doesn't seem to have tried or submitted since maybe 2015? And I think in 2015 it was just a case of "your submission isn't interesting enough for the schedule" since he wasn't going full weird nazi yet then.

You don't need to ban someone who's not trying to show up, basically.

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Considering they arent taking discord posts as evidence, im not sure what that would do. I wonder if I could get back in then loan my discord account to gdq staff so they could read it themselves. :thinking:

They might not trust pizzaparty

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀

If you have personally witnessed some of this poo poo, pm coolmatty about it.

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Those GDQ dumbfucks do remember that one of their main announcers for the last few events has been protomagicalgirl, right? Probably not a good idea to invite the dudes checking for adam's apples on the :females:

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003
Gravitron hasn't said anything has he? I mean, in response to the screencaps.

Boogalo
Jul 8, 2012

Meep Meep

Proto doesn't work for GDQ anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

Boogalo posted:

Yeah, unfortunately it's in Pizzaparty's nature to start poo poo rather than actually trying to maturely solve problems? This is part of the reason they probably don't trust the source that much to start with.