Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
Proudly exclaiming that you live with your parents is an extremely dorky power move

But the target is Annie so it might just work

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

Fa la lanky down dilly, motherfuckers.

Samuringa posted:

Proudly exclaiming that you live with your parents is an extremely dorky power move

But the target is Annie so it might just work

Is it, for a teenager, though? Even further, is it for Annie, considering her relationship with her father ? And that's omitting the emphasis put on "my", as in "not yours".

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Annie seems to be letting out a fair bit of frustration with herself. It's fair for them to be suspicious, each assuming the other is a trick planted by Loup. But this is just petty spite, the sort you get between long-standing rivals.

It's kind of sad.

Eighties ZomCom
Sep 10, 2008

I should rephrase by saying that I hope Forest Annie comes to an epiphany about her relationship with her father by being able to see it from an outside perspective and how petty Court Annie acts to protect it.

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

Didn't she already made her peace with that, which is why she reunited with her fire elemental side? And Tony is a much cooler dad, now.

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

She reunited with it when Ysengrin crushed her blinker stone in front of her and told her to grow the hell up.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 225 days!
She's seeing the results of her own craving for approval from her father from an external perspective. This is the external version of Lou, the result of Ysengrin's veneration of Coyote's power. (The Forest is always in no small part Annie's own internal world).

Court Annie also never got the, um, pleasure of meeting Lou. Like technically, in disguise, etc.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

maswastaken posted:

She reunited with it when Ysengrin crushed her blinker stone in front of her and told her to grow the hell up.

wait you mean youre not supposed to internalize and compartmentalize and dissociate at all your problems? gently caress im doing it all wrong

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL
It's interesting. Forest Annie called Court Annie fake once, and now Court Annie is walking down that path every chance she gets. This is definitely a way for Annie to get some outside perspective on how her feelings for her father warp her behavior.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
im sure tony has developed the appropriate parenting and conflict-resolution skills to navigate this tense social situation

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

Opened my eyes.

Tollymain posted:

im sure tony has developed the appropriate parenting and conflict-resolution skills to navigate this tense social situation

Two daughters, two arms, this is going to be piece of cake.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
hes been training for this moment

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

Tollymain posted:

wait you mean youre not supposed to internalize and compartmentalize and dissociate at all your problems? gently caress im doing it all wrong
Ysengrin teaches that exact thing but it turns out actually pulling that stuff out of your physical body is cheating in his eyes.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Tony's going to drop a galaxy brain reading on the Ship of Theseus and proclaim that they are both his daughters because he considers them his daughters and they don't have to be rivals for his newly developed sense of affection and they'll all live happily ever after. :shobon:

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Warmachine posted:

Tony's going to drop a galaxy brain reading on the Ship of Theseus and proclaim that they are both his daughters because he considers them his daughters and they don't have to be rivals for his newly developed sense of affection and they'll all live happily ever after. :shobon:

He would unironically be a Good Dad.

So, I don't buy it.

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

To be fair to the dude, he has been decently parenting so far this chapter.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Warmachine posted:

Then one of the Annies will turn into a branch dog.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Lurdiak posted:

Then Tony will turn into a branch dog.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.

Iceclaw posted:

Which means he is the fake one!

Another case cracked, Iceclaw.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Lurdiak posted:

Then Jimmy Jims will turn into a branch dog.

BrightWing
Apr 27, 2012

Yes, he is quite mad.
Jim Jimminy Jim Jimminy Jim Jim Treeeee

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Iceclaw posted:

he should probably do a better job of keeping the weird forest doppelganger away from his daughter

LashLightning
Feb 20, 2010

You know you didn't have to go post that, right?
But it's fine, I guess...

You just keep being you!

Flavahbeast posted:

he should probably do a better job of keeping the weird forest doppelganger away from his daughter

Alternatively, his daughter could have learned to reproduce via mitosis, and by-passed all that "gotta die to have a kid" and so he doesn't have to relive what happened to his wife.

I was on team Bad Dad from the beginning, but even I won't deny the guy some hope!

LashLightning fucked around with this message at 14:39 on Dec 24, 2018

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME
Oh! He's alive! :yaycloud:

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 225 days!
And here I thought he had returned to France.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
Renard will know what do to do about this.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

I've been looking forward to seeing how he'll react.

Ditocoaf
Jun 1, 2011

My guess is that he's already noticed something weird related to his tie to Annie, and seeing two of her kinda explains that (in a "this also makes no sense, but fits" sort of way). And conversely, he can kind of vouch for both of them being real.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.

"This bitch."

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Later, Annie storms out of the bathroom. “Have you been using my toothbrush?”

It doesn’t matter which one says this.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.
Someone might want an av of that, I think

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Samuringa posted:

Someone might want an av of that, I think

It looks really good how she's side-eyeing your avatar.
"Of course I know that's against the rules..."

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Aww, that little smile in panel 3.

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

Flavahbeast posted:

For all he knows, the weird forest doppelganger's been stealing his daughters' clothes for six months.

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

tony celebrates by hanging up a sign in big print shop letters saying "I love my two converging timeline daughters"

Mimesweeper
Mar 11, 2009

Smellrose
The Annies are going to hold onto Kat's playstation controllers on her fancy supercomputer and get merged back together.

This will also somehow teach Kat how to travel through time.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

CYBEReris posted:

tony celebrates by hanging up a sign in big print shop letters saying "I love my two converging timeline daughters"

Diverging.

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL

Diverged and then converged.

porque no los dos

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.

Mimesweeper posted:

The Annies are going to hold onto Kat's playstation controllers on her fancy supercomputer and play some Overcooked

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor Tog
Oct 10, 2008

Man, if only the Annies weren't so busy fighting they could do something productive. Like, talk about how they saw Kat in the Aether. One Annie can't figure that poo poo out, but maybe TWO could!