Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ThePariah
Feb 10, 2014
Everyone is being so cryptic, could someone please spell it out for me?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Dalton gonna go back to his radio station gig. he's had enough wrestling.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

ThePariah posted:

Everyone is being so cryptic, could someone please spell it out for me?

S a w f t saaaaawft

Just like dalton's hands before Cody Khan makes him work 1000 hours in the coal mines before he can wrestle

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
If Dalton went to AEW I'd demand the license " I want it all" by Queen to replace his pretty sweet knock off of it.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Malcolm Excellent posted:

If Dalton went to AEW I'd demand the license " I want it all" by Queen to replace his pretty sweet knock off of it.

He should come out to Monster by Lady Gaga

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Chris James 2 posted:

When his contract expires he's out. Releases are when you get no compete clauses, not expirations
They could gently caress him over by releasing him a day early then, forcing the no-compete, couldn't they?

The Senator Giroux
Jul 9, 2006
Dead Ringer

Aren’t the no-competes also contingent on getting paid your downside guarantee? Like, you could go compete right away but you don’t get that free pay.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Cody responds to someone complaining that he's against unions now, which I never remember him explicitly talking about before anyway, and it was a good insight into his thoughts on the whole thing.

https://twitter.com/HowardKushlan/status/1090765608461844481?s=19

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

LividLiquid posted:

They could gently caress him over by releasing him a day early then, forcing the no-compete, couldn't they?

yeah but why would they want to continue paying him for three more months

Tomahawk
Aug 13, 2003

HE KNOWS
i will forever lol at anyone mad that cody hasn't gone full wrestling DSA chapter when the alternative is literally WWE

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
in a way, what Cody is doing is worse than what the WWE does

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

in which

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Tomahawk posted:

i will forever lol at anyone mad that cody hasn't gone full wrestling DSA chapter when the alternative is literally WWE

Love to only slightly exceed the lowest possible bar

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

Muldoon

in a way that's seen from a certain point of view

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

So what are the predictions for the first AEW signing that makes it feel like the moment the NWO started getting watered down and let anyone in

Tomahawk
Aug 13, 2003

HE KNOWS

Mr. Carlisle posted:

So what are the predictions for the first AEW signing that makes it feel like the moment the NWO started getting watered down and let anyone in

Stevie Ray

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Tomahawk posted:

Stevie Ray

Dunno how well 'fruit booty' would play in 2019

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

Muldoon
Stardust

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Pick one: Scorpio Sky, Adam Page, Flip Gordon

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Mr. Carlisle posted:

Swagger's MMA fight had a good rating...

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Basic Chunnel posted:

Like, as much as I think he's a tool, Flip is SUPER over, and Page has so much upside it's unbelievable. Sky is... the third guy in SCU.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Mr. Carlisle posted:

Joey Ryan

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Like, they're a promotion not a stable. They need lots of people at different levels.

Besides, didn't the Bullet Club/Elite reach saturation point a long time ago BEFORE they did the Hollywood/Elite split? I just assumed Tama Tonga and King Fale were running around all "OG BLACK AND WHITE, MAN!" as half parody.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I like the dude and all, but Chase Owens was basically that for Bullet Club.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I mean, Jeff Jarrett and Scott D'Amore were let in the Bullet Club.

"Stevie Ray" had to happen somewhere between Cody Hall and Captain New Japan, right?

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 04:03 on Jan 31, 2019

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

STAC Goat posted:

Like, they're a promotion not a stable. They need lots of people at different levels.

I just posted that silly question because of the way they said they don't care where you come from as long as you are an ELITE ATHLETE and I thought that was funny

Imagine a promotion with only main event level talent

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, I just thought it was funny because of how clearly the Bullet Club mirrored the nWo life to the performance art point where I'm just trying to figure out how they do the black and silver and WWE runs.

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Phenix Rising posted:

Cody responds to someone complaining that he's against unions now, which I never remember him explicitly talking about before anyway

Why do you think this thread's title was changed exactly

https://twitter.com/daynpitseleh/status/1086079285474086912

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

It think its fairly obvious that Cody supports the broad ideas of a union but is too much of a politician to say the word, especially now that his career and business aspirations are being directly backed by a corporate billionaire.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

STAC Goat posted:

Yeah, I just thought it was funny because of how clearly the Bullet Club mirrored the nWo life to the performance art point where I'm just trying to figure out how they do the black and silver and WWE runs.

I still to this day don't understand the bullet club and all of it's divisions

People have posted breakdowns of it and I still think it's silly

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

Muldoon

Mr. Carlisle posted:

Imagine a promotion with only main event level talent

that company already exists, and it's called The World Wrestling Entertainment, every single member of the roster is a superstar and has millions of fans all over the world

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

AEW using marko stunt will prove that they are a fake company for laughing at little pretend wrestlers

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

STAC Goat posted:

The WWE run is arguably already done. Finn/AJ and the Good Brothers. It worked about as well too.

Otherwise it'll be in like 5 years when Omega and the Bucks sign either after getting too old/broken down to work as top guys in AEW or AEW has collapsed into a black hole as the new TNA.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Basic Chunnel posted:

Hangman rules and came on leaps and bounds in 2018.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Mr. Carlisle posted:

I still to this day don't understand the bullet club and all of it's divisions

People have posted breakdowns of it and I still think it's silly

It only gets sillier but a little more easy to digest if you're like me and assume its like 75% performance art. Its like a Civil War re-enactment with less racism.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

forkboy84 posted:

Hangman rules and came on leaps and bounds in 2018.

If AEW doesn't implode, Adam Page could legit be one of the biggest names in wrestling by like 2021.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

EugeneJ posted:

Why do you think this thread's title was changed exactly

https://twitter.com/daynpitseleh/status/1086079285474086912

I honestly don't know what your point is? Maybe I missed it, but I at no point ever remember hearing Cody say that AEW would unionize wrestling. I've only heard him respond to people suggesting the idea which has turned into him somehow being a liar.

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Phenix Rising posted:

I honestly don't know what your point is? Maybe I missed it, but I at no point ever remember hearing Cody say that AEW would unionize wrestling. I've only heard him respond to people suggesting the idea which has turned into him somehow being a liar.

Anti-union capitalists are trash

Why are you defending trash

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

EugeneJ posted:

Anti-union capitalists are trash

Why are you defending trash

I've spent my entire life watching wrestling, why is it a surprise that I love trash

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Gaz-L posted:

Otherwise it'll be in like 5 years when Omega and the Bucks sign either after getting too old/broken down to work as top guys in AEW or AEW has collapsed into a black hole as the new TNA.

Yeah, somewhere along the line the Bucks are gonna team up with like a broke down Samoa Joe and Jack Swagger or something and call themselves "BC" and its gonna be really uncomfortable but also hilarious. Something like that.