Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who wins the champ this year?
This poll is closed.
A contracted Cleveland Cavs team. 4 4.60%
DUNK CITY'S REVENGE 4 4.60%
Not Gonzaga 5 5.75%
gently caress Duke 47 54.02%
Not your team, that's for sure 15 17.24%
Your 10 y/o niece's bracket pick 12 13.79%
Total: 87 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
I have seen some truly horrendous basketball but I don't understand how 24 points even happens

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

MourningView posted:

I have seen some truly horrendous basketball but I don't understand how 24 points even happens

I'm more surprised it didn't happen in big 10 play.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

iospace posted:

I'm more surprised it didn't happen in big 10 play.

couldn't be my big ten team sorry

Nur_Neerg
Sep 1, 2004

The Lumbering but Unstoppable Sasquatch of the Appalachians
A reminder that NCSU is ranked top 25 and was at home.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Uh.

Inidiana just beat Michigan State at Michigan State.

WHAT? :psyduck:

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

facialimpediment posted:

Uh.

Sparty No!

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002
It's too bad that Kentucky is going to beat Tennessee twice and get a #1 seed and the committee won't be able to put Duke and UK in the same region.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
UK and Tennessee will split, no way they win twice.

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

Tell me about the rabbits, George

facialimpediment posted:

Uh.

They actually hit 3 pointers, 10-20 and MSU was 8-22 from the FT line. And IU did it with Juwan Morgan only getting 13 minutes due to injury. If it weren't for the 47-24 game this would be the biggest wtf of the season.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I haven't watched the last three KU games as i was abroad.

I heard something important may have happened? Anyway can't wait to see De Sousa.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
Hello I'm here to update you all on UNLV: They suck. Menzies sucks and should be fired after this season but won't because the administration sucks. The fanbase on twitter is convinced that Pitino is gonna be the next head coach but that ain't happening.

Just get someone that will try to win instead of stalling out his contract.

Lessail fucked around with this message at 02:33 on Feb 5, 2019

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Well Clones aren’t winning by much, but they’re winning. Any win on the road is a good one too. First place in the Big 12 for a day at least.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Well if Kansas wants to keep the streak going they're going to have to beat the goddam agricultural and manufacturing school tonight which shouldn't be hard but this year who the gently caress knows.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

kiimo posted:

Well if Kansas wants to keep the streak going they're going to have to beat the goddam agricultural and manufacturing school tonight which shouldn't be hard but this year who the gently caress knows.

I'm going to have to stand together with my agricultural school brethren for tonight at least.

Matey
Mar 28, 2008

eat food

tonight, truly, every man a wildcat

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

you have to put a dip in and scream EMAW at the top of your lungs, there is no half-assing it

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

what a bummer season to send off vic law and dererk pardon

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
And after beating KU K-State is currently alone at the top of the big 12 standings. Just like we all predicted.

e: Baylor could tie them again tomorrow with a win. Again, just like everyone expected.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Awful game.

Grimes is just straight up bad. I have no idea why he was a 5*

Matey
Mar 28, 2008

eat food

k-state wins, very cool, we love it

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

There is nothing cool about KState

Matey
Mar 28, 2008

eat food

it's ok bud

e: you'll get your revenge, don't worry

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

kiimo posted:

There is nothing cool about KState

michael beasley
their weird quarterback who wouldn’t kiss girls
all the times they beat texas

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Goddamn did not realize Auburn's win over Florida tonight was the first in 20 years.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Michigan and Purdue both have 2 losses and are each in good position to be at the top of the Big 10 at the end of the regular season. Let's take a look at the road they have to take to get there....

Games remaining against the top 6 Big Ten teams

Michigan:
vs. Wisconsin
vs. Maryland
vs. Michigan State
@ Maryland
@ Michigan State

Purdue:
@ Maryland

congrats to Purdue on your #1 seed in the Big Ten tournament. try not to gently caress it up

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

This New Mexico team is confusing and pisses me off.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

DC Murderverse posted:

Michigan and Purdue both have 2 losses and are each in good position to be at the top of the Big 10 at the end of the regular season. Let's take a look at the road they have to take to get there....

Games remaining against the top 6 Big Ten teams

Michigan:
vs. Wisconsin
vs. Maryland
vs. Michigan State
@ Maryland
@ Michigan State

Purdue:
@ Maryland

congrats to Purdue on your #1 seed in the Big Ten tournament. try not to gently caress it up

Purdue also just looks better lately, Michigan's offense has been serious butt

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

kiimo posted:

you have to put a dip in and scream EMAW at the top of your lungs, there is no half-assing it

Nvm Kansas’s cultish chant that fundamentally makes no sense.

Kansas couldn’t beat a team that can’t cut through the zone and is mediocre at shooting 3s. Expectations should be tempered from here on out.

OneTruePecos
Oct 24, 2010
NC State quadrupled their score from their last game and still weren't competitive at all.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

John Brown posted:

Kansas couldn’t beat a team that can’t cut through the zone and is mediocre at shooting 3s. Expectations should be tempered from here on out.

I thought about it later on and this is how Kansas keep the streak going. KU's toughest part of the schedule is behind them and they're probably only going to be dogs playing at Texas Tech from here on out.

KSU, Baylor, and Iowa State need to not screw up. These are not teams that will not screw up.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

John Brown posted:

Nvm Kansas’s cultish chant that fundamentally makes no sense.

My expectations have been dirt since the first game feel free to go back a few pages in this dead rear end thread.

They have no size, three impact players on the bench, one guy who can hit threes, one guard worth anything who is a true freshman, a big who is so bad at defense he can’t get on the floor and a McDonalds All American who is not just disappointing he’s worse than Josh Selby. He’s actively bad. This is the worst Kansas team in years and they are getting worse somehow.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

Grittybeard posted:

I thought about it later on and this is how Kansas keep the streak going. KU's toughest part of the schedule is behind them and they're probably only going to be dogs playing at Texas Tech from here on out.

KSU, Baylor, and Iowa State need to not screw up. These are not teams that will not screw up.

Baylor has a very tough schedule ahead, I think it's going to come down to KSU or ISU to hold off Kansas. Baylor has 5 away games left, Texas, KSU, ISU, KU, and TTech. They could lose all of those games. KSU and Baylor also have to play each other twice still. You're right that Kansas has a fairly easy schedule from here on out. Someone really needs to beat them at home for me to really count them out.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
Vols remain cool, and good. Bring on the CATS

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

https://www.instagram.com/p/BtjOW5_huH6/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=1snxvc7fi39zl

TheAlmightyFrog
Oct 7, 2007

squeeeak

Demon Of The Fall posted:

Vols remain cool, and good. Bring on the CATS

https://twitter.com/KySportsRadio/status/1092960451569147905?s=20

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

They're clearly trying to spell tennis.

After all this is the fan base who brought you "fast paste offense"

Real Name Grover
Feb 13, 2002

Like corn on the cob
Fan of Britches
Nebraska just lost its sixth straight game, and fourth straight at home following 20 straight wins at PBA.

I could go on, but tl;dr Tim Miles is done. Bring on the next crop of mid-major coaches, I guess.

americanzero4128
Jul 20, 2009
Grimey Drawer
In case anyone didn't hear the great news, or has forgotten already (but really how could you), Illinois knocked off #9 Michigan State last night in Champaign. 10 days ago they beat #13 Maryland at Madison Square Garden. If you told me they'd do this after losing at home to FAU, I would not have believed you.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
https://twitter.com/Habby831/status/1093333052217090049?s=19

gently caress this shithead and everyone who has ever praised his dumb bullshit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PotatoJudge
May 22, 2004

Tell me about the rabbits, George

Real Name Grover posted:

Nebraska just lost its sixth straight game, and fourth straight at home following 20 straight wins at PBA.

I could go on, but tl;dr Tim Miles is done. Bring on the next crop of mid-major coaches, I guess.

It'd be nice (for Purdue) if Fernando got a 1 game suspension for this: https://twitter.com/BigTenNetwork/status/1093319753186402304?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw