Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

VJeff posted:

Million Dollar Idea: A Royal Rumble where the ring is suspended over a pool.

I think I pitched something like this but with explosions in either the WCW or TNA thread and called it the Thunder in Paradise Match

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
A Reverse Battle Royal where everybody starts in the pool

E:

https://twitter.com/AAWPro/status/1094298844756656128

Somewhere Bryan Alvarez just twitched and isn't sure why

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
I wish Rey Mysterio had signed with these guys

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
Pool on a pole match.

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
I wish Eric Bugenhagen had signed with these guys.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Bigass Moth posted:

Pool on a pole match.

Pole in a pool match.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
relieved that fenixs neck was a false alarm.

nervous because I know he's never gonna stop throwing himself around.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.
I don't know what kind of shape Sara Del Ray is in injury-wise but if I could pick one person to jump to AEW from WWE it would probably be her.

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

overmind2000 posted:

I think I pitched something like this but with explosions in either the WCW or TNA thread and called it the Thunder in Paradise Match

So a Rumble version of this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cDvvTsuQufw

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED

Chinston Wurchill posted:

I don't know what kind of shape Sara Del Ray is in injury-wise but if I could pick one person to jump to AEW from WWE it would probably be her.

What about Norman Smiley

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Chinston Wurchill posted:

If AEW is going to sign anyone from WWE it cannot be people who helped cover up years of bullying, racism and sexual assault in NXT.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

MassRafTer posted:

If AEW is going to sign anyone from WWE it cannot be people who helped cover up years of bullying, racism and sexual assault in NXT.

They already have Billy rear end

HidaO-Win
Jun 5, 2013

"And I did it, because I was a man who had exhausted reason and thus turned to magicks"
If AEW had a WWE shopping list for main roster guys I'd be happy with

Dean
Gable
Rusev
The Usos
The Revival

All of those would add something to the brand, without hopefully being seen as WWE castoffs.

mkay0
Nov 7, 2003

I crawled the earth, but now I'm higher
2010, watch it go to fire

MassRafTer posted:

Has she come out in support of Hugh Morris?

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

HidaO-Win posted:

Dean
Gable
Rusev
The Usos
The Revival

All of those would add something to the brand, without hopefully being seen as WWE castoffs.

I think the New Day would be more important than a lot of those guys, if just to give people the Elite vs New Day 6 man that's been teased for a while

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
I feel like theres basically zero chance of new day leaving wwe, right? I mean who knows, but they seem about as embedded in wwe as you can be

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

I'd love to see New Day make it over but I doubt they'll leave WWE unless WWE decided to split them up.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Honestly their roster is strong enough for me personally that I don’t really want any WWE guys to jump ship. I’m more excited by them picking up unknowns.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

NienNunb posted:

They already have Billy rear end

I completely forgot he was there during that period too. I know it isn't going to happen but all of the loving trash who turned a blind eye to what was going on and made trainees feel helpless (or worse) should be loving gone.

mkay0 posted:

Has she come out in support of Hugh Morris?

No she was a trainer there while everything was going on and did nothing.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

MassRafTer posted:

I completely forgot he was there during that period too. I know it isn't going to happen but all of the loving trash who turned a blind eye to what was going on and made trainees feel helpless (or worse) should be loving gone.

Hard co-sign

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

MassRafTer posted:

Is this from when Kenny was there?

HidaO-Win posted:

Dean
Gable
Rusev
The Usos
The Revival

Please, please, please give me The Usos in a company that wants to emphasize tag team wrestling.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

VJeff posted:

Is this from when Kenny was there?

Please, please, please give me The Usos in a company that wants to emphasize tag team wrestling.

No, Kenny was in DSW in the aughts. That was bad but not this bad. The NXT abuse scandal was from when DeMott returned to WWE as NXT trainer to 2015. Trainees were taunted with racist jokes, sexually harassed, assaulted, injured, female trainees were photographed without their consent, trainees made to train naked, etc. Some spoke out and were silenced, a WWE exec who tried to do something was quietly removed from the company etc. Basically NXT was a huge shithole and no one did anything about it until the allegations became public.

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
i remember something about Bill DeMott making the trainees eat donuts out of each other's asses as well. i am not making this story up

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

TSN posted:

OMEGA MAN: A WRESTLING LOVE STORY (Wednesday, Mar. 27 at 7:30 p.m. ET) – Winnipegger Kenny Omega brought beauty, intimacy, and gay-friendly messages to the macho world of wrestling. He also happens to be the best wrestler on the planet that you never heard of. OMEGA MAN: A WRESTLING LOVE STORY introduces Canada to this unknown superstar and his phenomenal rise to stardom, as he turns the international wrestling industry upside-down. OMEGA MAN is produced by Jocumentary Productions Inc. in association with Bell Media, directed by Yung Chang, and produced by Dale Burshtein.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Drew McIntyre posted:

i remember something about Bill DeMott making the trainees eat donuts out of each other's asses as well. i am not making this story up

It was Luke Gallows I think. He actually claims to this day that it was totally cool and he was fine with it, but even if that was the case it doesn't make it any less unbelievably hosed up and wrong.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

MassRafTer posted:

No, Kenny was in DSW in the aughts. That was bad but not this bad. The NXT abuse scandal was from when DeMott returned to WWE as NXT trainer to 2015. Trainees were taunted with racist jokes, sexually harassed, assaulted, injured, female trainees were photographed without their consent, trainees made to train naked, etc. Some spoke out and were silenced, a WWE exec who tried to do something was quietly removed from the company etc. Basically NXT was a huge shithole and no one did anything about it until the allegations became public.

Omega talked about DeMott in his shoot as being part of the reason he left (he also felt like his chances of going anywhere were slim), so there was some stuff going on, but not as severe as as NXT for sure.

From what I remember, it was a lot of stuff like Demott personally calls out talent in ring to do stuff he knows they can't do, or DeMott using slurs, or DeMott being a gross pig to the few women wrestlers they had in DSW. I *MIGHT* be conflating stuff here. I remember one thing Kenny said was that when people would fail at tasks, he'd have someone else do a punishing cardio act to "motivate" them to do better (or, if you're a DeMott hater, humiliate them for his amusement). It eventually got to the point where Kenny would volunteer to do stuff to try and show up DeMott because he really disliked him. I initially thought that was Kenny sorta putting himself over, but Kevin Matthews (who ended up suing WWE, I think) said it was definitely a thing for a while.

El Gallinero Gros fucked around with this message at 23:50 on Feb 9, 2019

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Omega talked about DeMott in his shoot as being part of the reason he left (he also felt like his chances of going anywhere were slim), so there was some stuff going on, but not as severe as as NXT for sure.

Kenny was in DSW when DeMott was there and that was part of why he left yeah

Drew McIntyre posted:

That was in DSW

quote:

In March 2015, Devon Nicholson described an incident from 2006 that DeMott was involved with while he was head trainer for the WWE's Deep South Wrestling developmental territory. Nicholson described an incident where Drew Hankinson was completely naked in the ring for a long period of time and gave naked stinkfaces to Zack Ryder and Melissa Coates while DeMott held jelly donuts over their faces. The wrestlers agreed to do this (with the other talent encouraging them) to get out of regular training for that day.[12][13][14][15][16][17][18] DeMott refuted the notion that it was his idea, stating that the other trainees came up with because they wanted to skip the session.[19][20]

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
One thing I find disarming about Kenny even now: he's crazy soft spoken.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Demott would run Wrestlers past the point of physical failure. Hence all the injuries he was reasonable for. The fat gently caress.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Hopefully, if AEW gets to the point where a school is an option for them, they set a better example. If we don't have a union, then maybe they can at least treat people better across the board, and not just financially. Like, by all means, compensate people well. But, actually achieve change in the wrestling industry.

(I realize I'm setting myself up for disappointment here, btw. But one can hope.)

El Gallinero Gros fucked around with this message at 00:17 on Feb 10, 2019

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Hopefully, if AEW gets to the point where a school is an option for them, they set a better example. If we don't have a union, then maybe they can at least treat people better across the board, and not just financially. Like, by all means, compensate people well. But, actually achieve change in the wrestling industry.

(I realize I'm setting myself up for disappointment here, btw. But one can hope.)

I mean that's certainly an option for when their stock prices pass WWE in a year or two

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Midnightghoul posted:

I mean that's certainly an option for when their stock prices pass WWE in a year or two

I can imagine no worse fate for AEW than going public

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Yeah. I feel like a big part of WWE's motivation for going public is to feel more and more like a legit big business. I'd like AEW to be successful, but I don't want them to move away from wrestling. Focus on that. It's what I, as a fan, am interested in you for. I don't care if Randy Orton had some roles in movies (aside from being glad in general a wrestler got health insurance for getting a SAG card).

El Gallinero Gros fucked around with this message at 00:31 on Feb 10, 2019

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

It's heartening how much they're talking about using a sports presentation. It's like they heard me.

I'm really looking forward to this.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

The sport of flipping people with your dingus

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I'm really interested in how their TV winds up looking. WWE, WCW, and ECW all had their own unique styles. Every indie is basically a crapshoot depending on the person holding the handicam. I wonder if they'll do anything weird like a skycam or something.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Phenix Rising posted:

I'm really interested in how their TV winds up looking. WWE, WCW, and ECW all had their own unique styles. Every indie is basically a crapshoot depending on the person holding the handicam. I wonder if they'll do anything weird like a skycam or something.

If they can get on a Turner channel and have the NBA people help with production it would be incredible. What the NBA production people did to make esports watchable was amazing.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
I really want it to be shot like sports but not try so hard to make it look like a sport.

I also want the show to be like Nitro, but the good Nitro not the bad Nitro.

Like everyone else I have no idea what I want.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

I just want it to be fun and not die immediately

Same with the AAF football league that's having its first game in an hour

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

I liked the All In production style quite a lot but I assume those were ROH guys

Chris James 2 posted:

I just want it to be fun and not die immediately

Same with the AAF football league that's having its first game in an hour

Already destined for failure by going up against this MASH marathon