Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

facepalmolive
Jan 29, 2009
I'm really not a fan of the aesthetic either -- it gives me cheap F2P knockoff mobile game vibes -- but art style isn't something that's make-or-break in a game for me. As long as it has solid, fun, balanced mechanics and gudmaps, I'd be happy. Heck, the dry drab Euro board games that I adore look much worse in comparison.

I also complained about the UI aesthetic in the first reveal, and I'm happy the current iteration looks a lot better.

Pureauthor posted:

The real plot twist would be the church/goddess actually being benevolent after all.

And all of us were the bad guys all along. It's the only explanation for the characters' lifeless, soulless eyes.

Endorph posted:

It'd be like if they just dropped a trailer for FE9 and people were saying it was bad because it had cat people in it just like Star Ocean 4.

Yep! If Tellius were dropping this year instead, we'd be all up in arms and pitchforks about how IntSys is really taking furry pandering to the next level, etc. Hogwarts High School would've appeared classy and tame in comparison.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

I'm going to play the new Fire Emblem.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Brave

Mysticblade
Oct 22, 2012

I shall aid you in this battle

I already bought Warriors and Echoes so I've given up on not buying FE games when they come out. Although I could probably skip a Warriors 2.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i skipped warriors so i could buy warriors 2: this time with characters you like

if koei tecmo's working on three houses i cant imagine an fe warriors 2 isnt gonna happen

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Elephant Parade posted:

Really disappointed that Three Houses got rid of item storage. Shuffling items between units is going to be a massive pain

Instead of an item storage, each student has a locker you need to shuffle items between. In one of the lockers is where you find the Est-character.

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
I'm glad that they're trying something kind of different this time, and I really don't mind the aesthetic at all. I've got every reason to believe Three Houses is going to be a step up from Fates at least. I even like Fates, but I was never able to really ever go replay it.

GBS Ambassador
Oct 31, 2013
The cast and academy setting reminds me of Final Fantasy Type-0.

GBS Ambassador fucked around with this message at 16:51 on Feb 15, 2019

BrightWing
Apr 27, 2012

Yes, he is quite mad.
Yeah, and everything worked out just great for them.

:smith:

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Endorph posted:

i skipped warriors so i could buy warriors 2: this time with characters you like

if koei tecmo's working on three houses i cant imagine an fe warriors 2 isnt gonna happen

Warriors 2: Featuring the entire cast of Three Houses

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!

rannum posted:

Warriors 2: Featuring the entire cast of Three Houses
and Camilla

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

theshim posted:

and Camilla

Every Camilla from Heroes is here

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?

rannum posted:

Every Camilla from Heroes is here

All of my money!

The Crotch
Oct 16, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
The Three Houses are actually Easter Bunnies, Brides, and Beach.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

theshim posted:

and Camilla

trade out chrom and add camilla to smash

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
That would own, actually.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Talking about Camilla, I hope they somehow bring back that fates dragon vein mechanic in some way.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

The Crotch posted:

The Three Houses are actually Easter Bunnies, Brides, and Beach.

The release date for three houses is right when FEH does it's yearly swimsuit alts so what I'm saying is bikini edelgard is practically confirmed

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

cheetah7071 posted:

The release date for three houses is right when FEH does it's yearly swimsuit alts so what I'm saying is bikini edelgard is practically confirmed

Swimsuit Claude :vince:

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

Tired Moritz posted:

Talking about Camilla, I hope they somehow bring back that fates dragon vein mechanic in some way.

Christ no. gently caress having to prioritise random rear end characters I don't like because the plot demands me to.

"Xander you're so cool!" gently caress off, Laslow is better in every way.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
uhh, do you not just use Corrin for that? I just like the map manipulation.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Tired Moritz posted:

Yeah any royal does it, including children. I find there's always someone on hand to use a DV.

Revelation is a veritable dragon vein buffet so of course it uses that power for evil

I agree map manipulation was pretty cool but felt very underused. And doubly bummed Warriors didn't use it to its full potential but Warriors gonna Warriors

Arrrthritis
May 31, 2007

I don't care if you're a star, the moon, or the whole damn sky, you need to come back down to earth and remember where you came from

rannum posted:

Yeah any royal does it, including children. I find there's always someone on hand to use a DV.

Revelation is a veritable dragon vein buffet so of course it uses that power for evil

I agree map manipulation was pretty cool but felt very underused. And doubly bummed Warriors didn't use it to its full potential but Warriors gonna Warriors

Instead of being X character does Y all the time, they should do a thing like

Bring a spellcaster to this river to raise/lower the water level

Bring an axe guy to this dam to break it and flood the battlefield

Bring an archer to this spot to shoot an explosive and breach helm's deep

etc. etc.

I'm also glad to see that the direct didn't mention anything about building your own child soldier army. Fingers crossed it stays out of this game.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Arrrthritis posted:

etc. etc.

I'm also glad to see that the direct didn't mention anything about building your own child soldier army. Fingers crossed it stays out of this game.

So like, I don't think it will be back

but also I am pretty sure the Children aspect wasn't revealed at all before Awakening & Fates came out?

Scrap Dragon
Oct 6, 2013

SECRET TECHNIQUE:
DARK SHADOW
BLACK FALLEN ANGEL!

I mean, we didn’t find out about the kids in Fates until reviewers got their hands on the game so not seeing it yet doesn’t mean much

e;fb

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Arrrthritis posted:

etc. etc.

The Cord and Bord spirit being used to cut down an obstacle in Smash was amazing, yeah.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

Tired Moritz posted:

You're suggesting that because I have a problem with Xander's character that I use Corrin.

Do you see the issue with that.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Natural 20 posted:

You're suggesting that because I have a problem with Xander's character that I use Corrin.

Isn't Corrin the only forced character

do you just throw him in a corner every map?

Because if so I respect the commitment

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
im just talking about mechanics.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.

rannum posted:

Isn't Corrin the only forced character

do you just throw him in a corner every map?

Because if so I respect the commitment

I'm not going to lie.

My Lunatic Classic Conquest run was a lot more difficult than it should have been.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
"Well-written characters only" is an insane challenge run in Fates

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Natural 20 posted:

surely there's one character between all the royals and their kids that you like, that's like two thirds of the cast

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

cheetah7071 posted:

Oboro will carry you through most of it.

Oboro is the best and she needs an alt or something actually good in Heroes

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
we only need one royal and it's Kiragi.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

cheetah7071 posted:

By virute of everyone being a terrible parent, it's a nonstarter

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

rannum posted:

By virute of everyone being a terrible parent, it's a nonstarter

Odin is a great father, how dare you

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Tae posted:

Odin is a great father, how dare you

Threw his kid into a baby realm, he got lucky to not have Ophelia come out with issues!

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.
Look the Awakening transplants have something resembling legitimate reasons

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.

Looper posted:

surely there's one character between all the royals and their kids that you like, that's like two thirds of the cast

Uhhhhh.

Uhhh.

Camilla I guess? Because she shittalks Hinoka like crazy and it's amazing.

Oh and Forrest, Forrest is cool. You do you you crazy twintailed motherfucker. Also for:

Corrin: But You're My Sister!

Camilla: Who gives a gently caress, we're not related by blood.

cheetah7071 posted:

Okay. Conquest only because obviously.

The Awakening Kids and their families get in. So that's Odin, Selena, Laslow, Soleil and Ophelia for sure.

Forrest is good so that's another.

I don't know if Velouria is well written or I like her because I think she's a Fantastic Four reference.

That's like 7 people, that's doable.

On normal.

On casual.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
Uhh, Charlotte, Benny, Arthur and Effie?