Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: GhostofJohnMuir)

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011
canada has a mud-based economy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Furnaceface posted:

Referendum on legalizing recreational marijuana.

oh. blaze it, aoterea, i day (also i hope i remembered the spelling correctly)

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Cease to Hope posted:

canada has a mud-based economy

speaking of, what new shame my fellow countrymen have bestowed upon you

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

cinci zoo sniper posted:

speaking of, what new shame my fellow countrymen have bestowed upon you

it is often muddy there because of melting snow

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Cease to Hope posted:

it is often muddy there because of melting snow

He is referring to my Latvian neighbours.

Just the usual police visits and weekend parties where they clog the street with vehicles preventing the plows from getting though. Honestly its become so routine I havnt even thought about it much. The one family member has a new boyfriend who before the age of 20 has 3 kids with 3 separate women, so maybe things will get crazy again.

Also its not a mud based economy, its sludge from the tar sands. :colbert:

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Furnaceface posted:

He is referring to my Latvian neighbours.

Just the usual police visits and weekend parties where they clog the street with vehicles preventing the plows from getting though. Honestly its become so routine I havnt even thought about it much. The one family member has a new boyfriend who before the age of 20 has 3 kids with 3 separate women, so maybe things will get crazy again.

Also its not a mud based economy, its sludge from the tar sands. :colbert:

sorry, asked the wrong canadian. anyways, sounds like business as usual then

pikachode
Jan 21, 2019

by R. Guyovich
the sweet shepherd of strings
on my rear end

berke negri

pikachode
Jan 21, 2019

by R. Guyovich
gently caress i'm bored lol. in a few months i'm moving for career purposes, but for non-career reasons i must temporarily remain where i am which is literally the most boring place on earth and i am the only resident of this suburb under the age of 95. so until i can make the move my only form of entertainment is cask wine and this very website (i also spend many hours plotting out my future career but then i give in to despair)

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Furnaceface posted:

You dont get rich being a musician in Canada. The last Billy Talent show I went to tickets were $12.50.

drat I'm undone I guess they're not dogshit

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

What the heck

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ytoSJadmlIg

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
I assume that Canada is mostly a power metal country but instead of singing about vikings and fantasy novels their lyrics are all about hockey related brawls and riots.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

cinci zoo sniper posted:

sorry, asked the wrong canadian. anyways, sounds like business as usual then

i'm not canadian fwiw

Randler posted:

I assume that Canada is mostly a power metal country but instead of singing about vikings and fantasy novels their lyrics are all about hockey related brawls and riots.

it is a vaster plain than you can possibly imagine covered with snow, dotted with somehow impossibly more boring cities

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Cease to Hope posted:

i'm not canadian fwiw

it is a vaster plain than you can possibly imagine covered with snow, dotted with somehow impossibly more boring cities

florida is manitoba of america

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

don’t @ me, im trying my best at actually remembering a canadian province

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
Ontario, where true London lies

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
https://i.imgur.com/bEF3lNY.mp4

pikachode
Jan 21, 2019

by R. Guyovich
omg i want pheasants so badly :qq: and peacocks! and keets

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Randler posted:

quebec has a lot of technical death metal bands for some reason

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

pikachode posted:

omg i want pheasants so badly :qq: and peacocks! and keets

Same except a hamburger.

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

pikachode posted:

gently caress i'm bored lol. in a few months i'm moving for career purposes, but for non-career reasons i must temporarily remain where i am which is literally the most boring place on earth and i am the only resident of this suburb under the age of 95. so until i can make the move my only form of entertainment is cask wine and this very website (i also spend many hours plotting out my future career but then i give in to despair)

have you tried watching anime?

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011
rip baloogan

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

cinci zoo sniper posted:

florida is manitoba of america

I dont think America has an equivalent to Manitoba. They should be thankful.

Cease to Hope posted:

Its only snow for 4-6 months of the year depending on where you live. The boring cities is true though, except for Montreal which is nice.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011
only six months of the year

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Some people like snow.

I think theyre crazy but whatever, they exist.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

It is literally pouring freezing rain outside. There are going to be so many accidents because capitalism demands you drive your rear end to work in the most dangerous conditions or else.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Furnaceface posted:

I dont think America has an equivalent to Manitoba. They should be thankful.

I've never been there, but I envision a place like Wyoming, except not dominated by Halliburton.

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Majorian posted:

I've never been there, but I envision a place like Wyoming, except not dominated by Halliburton.

it's wyoming but dominated by suncor and syncrude

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Furnaceface posted:

Some people like snow.

I think theyre crazy but whatever, they exist.

I'm cool with snow, but not every other day. Also BC is without question the most amazing scenery of my entire Alaska to Georgia road trip.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
It's hilarious driving through there because there's a whole bunch of Indian reservations all throughout the mountains and as far as I'm concerned those guys get to wake up every morning to the most incredible views in North America and it's like drat, Indians in the US got dumped in fuckin Oklahoma.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

Volkerball posted:

It's hilarious driving through there because there's a whole bunch of Indian reservations all throughout the mountains and as far as I'm concerned those guys get to wake up every morning to the most incredible views in North America and it's like drat, Indians in the US got dumped in fuckin Oklahoma.

lucky duckies

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer
I came to work and found out that I’m not training anymore and am alone. I don’t think I’m 100% ready to do night shift correctly lol send help.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

Lightning Knight posted:

I came to work and found out that I’m not training anymore and am alone. I don’t think I’m 100% ready to do night shift correctly lol send help.

unless what you do is something that can gently caress up and hurt people, it will never ever matter because nobody is going to complain about the night shift people for fear of being reassigned to night shift to fix it

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

Lightning Knight posted:

you can finally nap unimpeded

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Cease to Hope posted:

unless what you do is something that can gently caress up and hurt people, it will never ever matter because nobody is going to complain about the night shift people for fear of being reassigned to night shift to fix it

Nah I have to do a ton of paperwork and I don’t have complete notes on what to do and I’m probably gonna get yelled at tomorrow when the paperwork is wrong.

I needed like, two more days of guided training to finish my notes. :(

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.
has any body used the you tube movies service? is it good??

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

exmarx posted:

has any body used the you tube movies service? is it good??

if you mean the movie VODs, it's fairly expensive for VODs and has no particularly appealing qualities beyond being a part of the youtube ecosystem and thus working with the youtube apps and such that still get current patches

if you're talking about something else idk

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Volkerball posted:

And our green energy preaching indigenous people befriending Prime Minister is ramming a giant fuckoff tar sands pipeline through all that beautiful land.

Everything you guys did to your indigenous population Canada has also done at some point. Or still doing in many cases. Just last year some doctors in Alberta were caught holding newborn children basically as hostages to force sterilization on indigenous women. :smithicide:

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.

Cease to Hope posted:

if you mean the movie VODs, it's fairly expensive for VODs and has no particularly appealing qualities beyond being a part of the youtube ecosystem and thus working with the youtube apps and such that still get current patches

if you're talking about something else idk

i want to watch the piano (1993) and you tube movies has it

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

exmarx posted:

i want to watch the piano (1993) and you tube movies has it

if you don't already have a VOD site you prefer that has it, no real reason not to go for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.
it's 2 dollars cheaper on i tunes. thank you.