Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

strange feelings re Daisy
Aug 2, 2000

Dirt Road Junglist posted:

How big? I have one for a computer monitor that works really well. VIVO Single LCD Computer Monitor Free-Standing Desk Stand Riser with Adjustable Tilt, Swivel, Rotation | Holds One (1) Screen 13" to 32" (STAND-V001H) on Amazon
Nice, that will work perfectly thanks.

strange feelings re Daisy fucked around with this message at 02:01 on Mar 22, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!
Sometimes I wish Play Port would get rid of their Tee'd Off machine because some fuckass always plays like one ball, then the machine just keeps yelling 'SHOOT THE BALL" until someone (me) goes over and drains the rest so it shuts the hell up.

Did pretty good at Harley Davidson though, it's nice when a machine's flippers work perfectly.

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

KingShiro posted:

Sometimes I wish Play Port would get rid of their Tee'd Off machine because some fuckass always plays like one ball, then the machine just keeps yelling 'SHOOT THE BALL" until someone (me) goes over and drains the rest so it shuts the hell up.

Did pretty good at Harley Davidson though, it's nice when a machine's flippers work perfectly.

Another reason I hate terminator 2.

*beep* *beep* *beep* *beep* *beep* *beep* *beep* *beep* *beep* *beep*

Doggles
Apr 22, 2007

Last Friday I had my best tournament performance yet! 44 players, group match play. 4 qualifying rounds of 2 games each with the top 8 moving to a semi-final round.

After the qualifying rounds I'm tied with one other player for the 8th spot. The randomly selected tie-break machine is Jumping Jack, an EM from 1973. A few balls into the game and I start figuring out shots and how to keep the ball in play a significant amount of time. I wind up winning with a score of 46K.

I advance to the semi-final round where the top seed for our group gets to pick the table we play on. He picks JUMPING JACK! Being the lowest seed I wind up going first which is very much to my advantage since I was already hot on the table! My first ball lasts FOREVER! I'm able to clear every single drop target which maxes out my bonus at 10K and awards me an extra ball, which we are allowed to play on EMs in these tournaments because of the effort required to collect them! After ball 1 and my extra ball I'm already above 50K.

Four more balls and I end with a score of 83,990. Not only does it qualify me for the final round, but it winds up as the #1 score in Pindigo!

Final round is on Blackout. Being the lowest seed I'm going first again. All four of us are doing terribly and ball 3 for me is a house ball. Best I can do is 2nd since player 4 already had a higher score than me. Player 2 also gets a house ball, so I'm at least getting 3rd. Player 3 is up and he's got me with his bonus...until he tilts 100 points under my score! I wind up taking 2nd overall! :aaaaa:

I've had some first place finishes before, but those have been in much smaller tournaments. My previous best finish IFPA point wise was 3rd in a 33 player tournament! The points I'll earn from this tournament will be worth nearly half the points I've earned over the past year!

Doggles
Apr 22, 2007

Double posting to say that apparently a teaser trailer for Stern's next game got leaked. Didn't have a chance to watch it before it was taken down, but someone got a screenshot of the trademarks at the end.

Black Knight: Sword of Rage

EDIT: Looks like I posted during the few minutes the teaser was made private. It's up again in the next post!

Doggles fucked around with this message at 20:52 on Mar 25, 2019

Tony Phillips
Feb 9, 2006

Doggles posted:

Double posting to say that apparently a teaser trailer for Stern's next game got leaked. Didn't have a chance to watch it before it was taken down, but someone got a screenshot of the trademarks at the end.

It's still there

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oQD_7MVk9J8

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

I’m both happy to see a non licensed theme and disappointed because only the movie/comic themes make any money at my arcade.

Aug 2, 2000

Doggles posted:

EDIT: Looks like I posted during the few minutes the teaser was made private. It's up again in the next post!
How is this possible? I thought Stern lost the Williams license?

Clouseau
Aug 3, 2003

My theories appall you, my heresies outrage you, I never answer letters, and you don't like my tie.
Pinball Arcade did and lost it to Zen. I don’t think Stern has ever licensed a Williams IP. I thought that the people doing the remakes of Medieval Madness et al had exclusivity on Williams/Bally but maybe that was limited to remakes and not something like a sequel.

Anyway it’s great Stern is letting Ritchie do this (I think this is his retirement game.) AC/DC was such a massive hit for them, Star Trek is only now leaving production. He’s a design legend, so it’s cool he gets a curtain call.

And gently caress: if it’s a hit maybe it’ll lead to more.

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------
Despair will never let you down.
Malice will never disappoint you.

strange feelings re Daisy posted:

How is this possible? I thought Stern lost the Williams license?

Well, going by the trademark info from that trailer, it's licensed from Planetary Pinball Supply, and they have this document on their website which states that they have full rights to all pinball material from Williams and Bally in the field of "mechanical and electromechanical pinball machines". Chicago Gaming, the company behind the Williams remakes, also has information on their website mentioning they're licensing from Planetary.

So if Stern wants to do a mechanical table featuring Black Knight, they'd have to license the Black Knight from Planetary. However, if Farsight/Zen/etc. want to do a *digital* recreation of Williams/Bally material, it seems like they'd have to license that separately from Scientific Games, which I believe is what Zen did.

roffels
Jul 27, 2004

Yo Taxi!

Black Knight 2000 has the best music. I hope this can live up to that.

Aug 2, 2000

Doggles posted:

Four more balls and I end with a score of 83,990. Not only does it qualify me for the final round, but it winds up as the #1 score in Pindigo!

Hell yeah. Congrats!

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
https://twitter.com/Zerochan/status/1110315960211132418

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

roffels posted:

Black Knight 2000 has the best music. I hope this can live up to that.

I hope they weren’t implying they’re going to play some kind of dark metal stuff instead of a goofy as hell disco or arena rock song or something

Doggles
Apr 22, 2007

IGN has an article up about the new Black Knight.

BLACK KNIGHT: SWORD OF RAGE PINBALL REVEALED: FIRST IMAGES, VIDEO, DETAILS, AND AN INTERVIEW WITH CREATOR, STEVE RITCHIE

Tony Phillips
Feb 9, 2006
LOL the pro doesn't have the upper playfield. I guess not surprising, but come on. It's not a BK game if it's single level.

Kouerson
Mar 5, 2008

If you die in Canada, you die in real life.
The pro not having the upper playfield is such hot garbage, but I have faith it'll still be fun because of Ritchie. Wonder what the price gap between Pro and Premium will be for it.

pzy
Feb 20, 2004

Da Boom!
is it Sword of Rage or Sword of Fury?

tonedef131
Sep 3, 2003

They absolutely should have scrapped that silly knight toy instead of the upper playfield in their pro strip down. The pro looks downright boring. I wouldn't be surprised if it has the worst flow of any modern Ritchie, left to right we have:

- Left shot is a drop or a dead end.
- An orbit that may be fast but only if the gates aren't used often, and if they aren't you may not get any time in the pop area.
- The games singular ramp shot that can be blocked.
- Stand up death target.
- Shot that appears to be blocked always unless lock is qualified, in which case it's a dead end.
- Other orbit/lane shot.

That's all you get to shoot in the game, and if those upper gates are frequently used it's going to feel very stop and go. Artwork looks incredible though.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

I do love the dorky knight though.
It’s a non starter for me though. Only the licenses make money at the store.

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

I am stoked for the remixed theme. Love that poo poo.

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

Just a striding through Kamen Rider...

pzy posted:

is it Sword of Rage or Sword of Fury?

Sword of Fun! :v

Honestly, I kind of dont like how retro BK3K is trying to be. The first one was CLASSIC 70s fantasy, 2k late 80s fantasy. Kinda just feels like the 80s again which I totally get as a nostalgia thing, but I kinda wanted to see a modern update, like historical milestones.

Eh whatever, just give us Centaur III

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

seems bizarre to me that a key feature of the BK games is a fairly exclusive and more expensive option? Kind of hosed up tbh that they can take out an entire section.

tonedef131
Sep 3, 2003

Especially when they didn’t add anything to sorta replace it on the pro. It looks more like a sequel to Stargate than Black Knight with all those dead end shots.

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

If it doesn't have an upper playfield it isn't a Black Knight machine.

rockinricky
Mar 27, 2003

Deviant posted:

If it doesn't have an upper playfield it isn't a Black Knight machine.

Scott Ian of Anthrax on guitar doesn't make up for that.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

I really dislike black knight, it's just a table I can't handle, and the short lower table is probably most of it, but I can't imagine a table calling itself black knight that isn't dual-levelled.

Shock Trooper
Oct 24, 2006

TERROR BALTIMORE

KingShiro posted:

I feel like every time I've been to Next Level in Hillsboro, Oregon somebody has left Twister before finishing a game, which results in the really loud occasional Helen Hunt screaming "ARE YOU OKAAAAAAAY?". It took me a while to figure out where it was coming from.

Certainly not as annoying as leaving a Terminator 2 table though with that constant beeping. Someone walked away from one at a bar that had it while I was playing something else, and after a couple minutes of beeping after my ball drained on whatever I was playing at the time, I went over to T2 and launched the ball just so that loud beeping would stop. I did it right as the guy was coming back, who apparently had to take a call outside and then he got pissed at me for killing his game. I'd say we were both in the wrong here but jesus christ do not loving leave a T2 game in progress you fuckwit

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
They will know who we are

Shock Trooper posted:

Next Level in Hillsboro, Oregon

Oh poo poo, I keep forgetting that place exists.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Wait it's open?? :catstare:

Edit : also I don't want to think about how many of you are that close

Vvv shut up

LethalGeek fucked around with this message at 02:00 on Mar 28, 2019

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
They will know who we are

LethalGeek posted:

Wait it's open?? :catstare:

Edit : also I don't want to think about how many of you are that close

Portland? More like Goonland.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
Jesus, where the hell do you folks go that people walk away in the middle of a game??? I've seen people leave their free games up but never mid game.

cosmicjim
Mar 23, 2010
VISIT THE STICKIED GOON HOLIDAY CHARITY DRIVE THREAD IN GBS.

Goons are changing the way children get an education in Haiti.

Edit - Oops, no they aren't. They donated to doobie instead.
Anywhere with free play, tokens, or where there’s no other entertainment for children and parents put money in the machine hoping for 15 minutes of peace.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!
I've only ever seen kids do that, because they either have no idea you get more than one try or they literally just got bored and wandered away from the machine.

iastudent
Apr 22, 2008

South Park: A tale in two parts

This Tuesday was our local league, the theme being that members could vote in which games to play. For some sick reason, South Park was one of those games voted in. I distinctly remember saying to the organizers "NO ONE should be good at this game!".

Well, come game time and I somehow pull this out.

Felt pretty good about that to be honest, considering it's a table I never bother to touch. However, at the end of the night, a player in another group put up 370 million.

Yesterday was my day off, and despite all rationale, I couldn't let that stand.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

King Vidiot posted:

I've only ever seen kids do that, because they either have no idea you get more than one try or they literally just got bored and wandered away from the machine.

You must never go to a barcade on Free Play because I see tonnes of games with 4 games started and abandoned in ball 2

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Lone Goat posted:

You must always go to a barcade on Free Play because I see tonnes of games with 4 games started and abandoned in ball 2 then you move in, turn the machine off and power it back on and you're golden. Or hold the start button and it resets the game.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
Spring Bally Goon Tour

It's Spring, so time to stay inside and play some Pinball FX3! We're knocking the difficulty down a notch from Tournament to Arcade, but don't think it'll be smooth sailing: Not only are we playing without extra balls, you're only given 10 plays. No more score grinding this time. Make those games count!

Rules:
  1. Mode is Classic Arcade
  2. No extra balls
  3. 10 plays
  4. 5 days per table

Schedule:
  • Week 1: Medieval Madness (pack 1)
  • Week 2: Getaway: High Speed II (pack 1)
  • Week 3: Theatre of Magic (pack 3)
  • Week 4: Champion Pub (pack 3)
  • Week 5: Safe Cracker (pack 3)
  • Week 6: Attack From Mars (pack 2)
  • Week 7: Black Rose (pack 2)
  • Week 8: Fish Tales (free)
The tour will start next week, beginning April 2nd at 5 pm GMT.

Terminally Bored
Oct 31, 2011

Twenty-five dollars and a six pack to my name
Oh man, I'm in.

Wonder if they fixed the sdtm saucer shot when using the right flipper on AFM.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
The free play machines here rather frequently end up in a four player game with player four up for ball 1.

Which is the worst, because you have to power cycle it (or drain out a ball first), you can't hold the start button to reset the game if it's still on ball 1.