Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AotC
May 16, 2010

Hauki posted:

I just bought it from my phone - hopefully my pc queues the download properly so I can play a bit when I get home from work

I had to force verify mine to download. Steam downloaded a 0/0MB patch after buying it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos

Dahbadu posted:

OK team, I'm updating the thread. We need a new title. I forgot who came up with "Ash to Malmouth", but that poo poo was golden.

Need recommendations!

Grim Dawn: The only ARPG worth college math credits

Grim Dawn: 1 damage type per forgotten god

Grim Dawn: Imagine screwing up an interdimensional invasion this bad

Clitch
Feb 26, 2002

I lived through
Donald Trump's presidency
and all I got was
this lousy virus
Grim Dawn: Forgot about Gods

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Grim Dawn: Forgotten Gods - the other arpg with a new memory theme

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

Grim Dawn: what gods?

Grim dawn: Gods?

Grim dawn: what?

Grim Dawn: I forgot where I put my gods

Too Shy Guy
Jun 14, 2003

I have destroyed more of your kind than I can count.

Clitch posted:

Grim Dawn: Forgot about Gods

Grim Dawn: Malmouthans act like they forgot about Gods

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos
Grim Dawn: Did we forget about something? ... oh poo poo.

Dr_Gee
Apr 26, 2008

Dahbadu posted:

So Jabarto, Yawgmoth, and myself will be doing a playthrough.

Here are our builds, in case anyone is interested. All of these builds will synergize off each other, and are beasts in their own right. I'm not sure how many millions of DPS will be involved, but with all the AoE auras, procs, stacking debuffs, and retaliation scaling, it's gonna be dumb.

Oathkeeper / Soldier (me): https://www.grimtools.com/calc/dVbOWzzZ

Oathkeeper / Occultist (Jabarto): https://www.grimtools.com/calc/4ZDJA1B2

Oathkeeper / Shaman / Pokemaster (Yawgmoth): https://www.grimtools.com/calc/eZPaYgjN

If you're looking for something new for the expansion, feel free to try them out.

I'm guessing from this that Presence of Virtue and Guardian of Empyrion debuffs stack? All three of you seem to have a bunch of points invested into PoV and 2/3 into GoE.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Grim Dawn: Remember Solael!

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Tbh a title that addresses new features might work better if there isnt an obvious pun.

Grim Dawn: now a game from 2012: whirlwind and movement skills and rifts/maps

Clitch
Feb 26, 2002

I lived through
and all I got was
this lousy virus
Grim Dawn: Never Forget Gods or the Aetherials Win

Grim Dawn: Oathkeepers, Forgotten Gods, and Bleak Nihilism

Clitch fucked around with this message at 19:29 on Mar 27, 2019

Dahbadu
Aug 22, 2004

Reddit has helpfully advised me that I look like a "15 year old fortnite boi"

Dr_Gee posted:

I'm guessing from this that Presence of Virtue and Guardian of Empyrion debuffs stack? All three of you seem to have a bunch of points invested into PoV and 2/3 into GoE.

Based off of "RAW" it should. It should also stack with the Rumor Devotion, Deathstalker pet, plus Curse of Frailty etc.

What doesn't stack is the Manticore Devotion, and that's one of the reasons why only one person is running it.

The Black Blood of Yugol Devotion should also stack its movement reduction, based off of RAW. The movement reduction from Grasping Vines is not stackable, but should be a huge reduction that applies separately.

Dahbadu fucked around with this message at 19:48 on Mar 27, 2019

Dahbadu
Aug 22, 2004

Meyers-Briggs Testicle posted:

Tbh a title that addresses new features might work better if there isnt an obvious pun.

Grim Dawn: now a game from 2012: whirlwind and movement skills and rifts/maps

Haha! But for reals, good point.

Taking this back to the gutter, what do you guys think of Grim Dawn: Forgotten Gods made me do ATM ?

Dahbadu
Aug 22, 2004

Grim Dawn: Forgotten Gods didn't forget about rifts/maps and movement skills

Dr_Gee
Apr 26, 2008
Grim Dawn: Going ash to malmouth was so good, we forgot about the gods

And that's interesting, usually aura type buffs don't stack in games and I haven't done GD multiplayer yet, so wouldn't know from experience.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Grim Dawn: Motherfuckers act like they forgot about gods

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
Leap, whirlwind, teleport! Oh and some gods.

Frustrated
Jun 12, 2003

devotion question: Does anyone know if you equip a pet with a on hit devotion does the damage from that devotion scale with your damage or with the pets damage?

Dr_Gee
Apr 26, 2008

Frustrated posted:

devotion question: Does anyone know if you equip a pet with a on hit devotion does the damage from that devotion scale with your damage or with the pets damage?

IIRC it scales with yours, but triggers on the pet.

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos
Grim Dawn: New DLC with new titties on the loading screen plus whirlwind

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

grim dawn: god is dead and we forgot about them

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
grim dawn: im god

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents
Grim Dawn: Now with Whirlwind

That skill could be an expansion on its own. Holy poo poo it feels great to use. Feels basically exactly like Diablo 2 Whirlwind. I am so happy about it, and my next 8 characters will all be whirlwinders

Hauki
May 11, 2010

cracking up at all the people bitching on reddit/oforums that starting fresh ssf chars on ult is ‘too hard’

Clitch
Feb 26, 2002

I lived through
and all I got was
this lousy virus
Grim Dawn: Still Bugging Zantai for DW Shields

Too many things I want to do. Run my main through the story, run Shattered Realm, level an Oathkeeper, continue leveling 5 other characters, and that's beside the hours of staring at Grimtools.

My point is that I'm stuck at work for 5 more hours and it's bullshit.

Izno
Sep 10, 2010
So I am a long time D3 player. I own the original grim dawn game with the crucible DLC and played it with my friend a while back and it was tons of fun. I'm wondering how the multiplayer looks these days? I am used to being able to quick pug in diablo 3... is there anything comparable in this game? At the end game will there be groups that I can just hop into for 30 mins to an hour to do some content or am I going to be needing to bring my own group?

Thanks!

Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005
You know he's the villain, because he's got shifty eyes.
Multiplayer is entirely people hosting games and having people connect. All crate does is maintain a list of currently online multiplayer games.

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos
Grim Dawn: I use to be a god at going Ash to Malmouth, but I forgot. Now I'm just a spinner.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Grim Dawn: Sucking on the rear end of the Gods

Izno
Sep 10, 2010

Suspicious posted:

Multiplayer is entirely people hosting games and having people connect. All crate does is maintain a list of currently online multiplayer games.

Ahhhhhhh ok thanks. Are there typically a lot of games going?

Clitch
Feb 26, 2002

I lived through
and all I got was
this lousy virus
Speaking of Multiplayer, the x64 exe has been a lot more stable for me and the wife. I used to have to reset the game after a couple of zones, but we did most of Act 6 and lots of portal transitions without a single desync or CTD the other day.

It means no Grim Internals, though. That's a painful loss.

Mylan
Jun 19, 2002

Grim Dawn: I forgot, Witch Gods are we talking about again?

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Any cool new enemies besides gryphons and raptors? Any stand out new armor parts (especially non-jacket chest pieces)?

Dahbadu
Aug 22, 2004

Clitch posted:

Speaking of Multiplayer, the x64 exe has been a lot more stable for me and the wife. I used to have to reset the game after a couple of zones, but we did most of Act 6 and lots of portal transitions without a single desync or CTD the other day.

It means no Grim Internals, though. That's a painful loss.

What's the trick to launch in 32-bit vs 64-bit? I knew I saw it somewhere, but I forgot. I'm trying to load up the OP with info.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

I had horrible performance problems and straight up crashes when I recently tried the 64 bit version. I don't know if that was related to using a total conversion mod.

Clitch
Feb 26, 2002

I lived through
and all I got was
this lousy virus

Dahbadu posted:

What's the trick to launch in 32-bit vs 64-bit? I knew I saw it somewhere, but I forgot. I'm trying to load up the OP with info.

Patch Notes posted:

Added "/x64" command line option. When added to the game shortcut, forces the 64 bit version to launch.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Is there a Save Editor that lets you set which portals/way points are available to you?

ratchild13
Apr 28, 2006

Fun Shoe
Anyone able to try the rifts to the shattered realms? I've done it twice now and it's crashed both times, about the same time in, about 10 levels in. I was using the steam systray to launch, so not sure if it uses the 32bit client, since there's no prompt like when you hit play from within the steam gui.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Rinkles posted:

I had horrible performance problems and straight up crashes when I recently tried the 64 bit version. I don't know if that was related to using a total conversion mod.

Which mod?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Mordja posted:

Which mod?

Reign of Terror, Diablo 2 recreation.