Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Azurelana
Nov 6, 2018

Too cute to function
Laslow Shaw

Muffled static comes through the communicator followed by a few words

Hel... Is...Thin..n?

More static which finally resolves into a coherent voice

Hello? I'm Laslow, here at the inventor's guild.

I'm what you might call new to the age and uh, well I'm here and we've been contracted to build something for both the Blue and Red dwellers, but only have the supplies for one construction.

If you're making a deal, I think our contribution should be part of that? I don't want both sides to agree only for one to feel like they lost out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd

Kashuno posted:

Hello everyone!! If there is a mister Gehn out here somewhere please report to the arena for your beheading. Thank you.

If you will leave your name, occupation, and particular grievance, I'll be happy to add you to the waiting list.

Azurelana posted:

Laslow Shaw

Muffled static comes through the communicator followed by a few words

Hel... Is...Thin..n?

More static which finally resolves into a coherent voice

I'm what you might call new to the age and uh, well I'm here and we've been contracted to build something for both the Blue and Red dwellers, but only have the supplies for one construction.

If you're making a deal, I think our contribution should be part of that? I don't want both sides to agree only for one to feel like they lost out.

This is *most intriguing*, and I agree that our Guilds should converse further at earliest possible convenience.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Kashuno posted:

Hello everyone!! If there is a mister Gehn out here somewhere please report to the arena for your beheading. Thank you.

Zel, stop!

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

sniper4625 posted:

If you will leave your name, occupation, and particular grievance, I'll be happy to add you to the waiting list.

This is *most intriguing*, and I agree that our Guilds should converse further at earliest possible convenience.

Zel, champ, he’s apparently a very mean guy!

I don’t wait for things though I guess I will have to move on for now

Azurelana
Nov 6, 2018

Too cute to function

Kashuno posted:

Are you and Chell doing okay? I'm sorry I couldn't come with you guys but I got called to a guild meeting when I went to pick up my things.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

sniper4625 posted:

Maybe you should just come to the arena so we can finish what we started.

50 pounds of bread
Sep 27, 2006

AnAnonymousIdiot posted:

Indroj, is that you!?

You're alive!! Haha!!!

Yes brother, it's good to hear your voice! The stars brought me to a strange place, where I was caged in more way than one. We aren't meant to be shackled to the earth. The sky is our destiny.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Azurelana posted:

Are you and Chell doing okay? I'm sorry I couldn't come with you guys but I got called to a guild meeting when I went to pick up my things.

Wow forgetting poor zanz. We are all doing okay!! I’d say I miss you but I don’t know that I’d recognize you without Chobani’s boot polish

❤️

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Minor clarification that is relevant to the usage of #general:

Everyone received new Sa communicators from their guilds during the guild meeting that kicked off this game, which is what unlocked this #general channel for use. This was inadvertently omitted from the opening narration, apologies!

((You are encouraged to not think too hard about the communicators - as in previous peraMyst games, they are largely a narrative nod to allow for communication to work the way it does.))

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd

CapitalistPig posted:

Maybe you should just come to the arena so we can finish what we started.

I consider all previous matters finished as of our arrival on this world, thank you! I hope you can find new meaning in this exciting new world of opportunities.

Kashuno posted:

Hmm I fear you have received some...slanted information, but I am glad to hear you have moved on. If you ever wish to get the truth, find me sometime.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
Chell, I don’t know if you’re willing to say where you are, or more importantly where you will be, but...I need to ask you why...

Maybe it’s unimportant to you, but I just...I need...

Please. I need to find you. I need to ask you about what you said at the end of the conflict. About me.

I’m sorry.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Oh yeah is there an Annie out here somewhere

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
Spirits, it took less than a day for me to fail at this. Pathetic.

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd

Kashuno posted:

Oh yeah is there an Annie out here somewhere

If you mean Annie Carter, it has been reported that she is Steward of the Inventor's Guild, so that may be a good place to begin your search.

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

Hello again, Indroj! Settling in well since our little, ah, adventure?

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

sniper4625 posted:

I consider all previous matters finished as of our arrival on this world, thank you! I hope you can find new meaning in this exciting new world of opportunities.

I hope that you will be able to stop being Gehn's lapdog in this new world.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

sniper4625 posted:

If you mean Annie Carter, it has been reported that she is Steward of the Inventor's Guild, so that may be a good place to begin your search.

People come to see me not the other way around darling

Azurelana
Nov 6, 2018

Too cute to function

Kashuno posted:

Wow forgetting poor zanz. We are all doing okay!! I’d say I miss you but I don’t know that I’d recognize you without Chobani’s boot polish

❤️

I didn't know that Zanzian was in the same guild as you actually! I'd just assumed that you and Chell were from the conversation earlier in general communications.

And I'll have you know that Chobani's polish comes in four unique colours at least one of which matches my skin tone. :D

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd

Chic Trombone posted:

Did you....did you fall through the Fissure with him?

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

sniper4625 posted:

Did you....did you fall through the Fissure with him?

I'm sorry, have we met? Still not sure what this Fissure is.

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd

Chic Trombone posted:

I'm sorry, have we met? Still not sure what this Fissure is.

Ah, then no. Thank you.

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

Does this look like the face of mercy, kupo?

50 pounds of bread posted:

Katran, where is Katran?

I need to find Katran.

Indroj... you're... you're alive.

Where are you...?

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

GeneX posted:

Chell, I don’t know if you’re willing to say where you are, or more importantly where you will be, but...I need to ask you why...

Maybe it’s unimportant to you, but I just...I need...

Please. I need to find you. I need to ask you about what you said at the end of the conflict. About me.

I’m sorry.

Emi, I...I agree, we should talk. I owe you more than most.

I don't know where I'll be. I need to go but....I don't know where yet.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

inspired by but legally distinct from CATS (2019)
Seeker, we probably should speak at some point. I believe that I may go visit the puppet show, if you're able or inclined to meet me there.

On a similar note, I am interested in speaking to those of the Dwellers and the Varbani with regards to their theology, spiritual practices, ethical frameworks, and metaphysics. If you wish to join me in such discussions, I will be present at the Fountain tomorrow.

KhediveRex
Jul 11, 2016

A poster to surpass Bifauxnen!

Meinberg posted:

Seeker, we probably should speak at some point. I believe that I may go visit the puppet show, if you're able or inclined to meet me there.

On a similar note, I am interested in speaking to those of the Dwellers and the Varbani with regards to their theology, spiritual practices, ethical frameworks, and metaphysics. If you wish to join me in such discussions, I will be present at the Fountain tomorrow.

Carnelian Gutxi

What questions do you have about Dweller culture? It is refreshing to meet a stranger with any interest at all in our conquered people. I can answer any questions you'd like resolved.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

Asiina posted:

Emi, I...I agree, we should talk. I owe you more than most.

I don't know where I'll be. I need to go but....I don't know where yet.

When you know where you need to go, please tell me.

I’ll follow, as best I can.

I’ve had a while to think about this, and you owe me nothing, other than an answer. I failed you.

AnAnonymousIdiot
Sep 14, 2013

Chic Trombone posted:

... How did you know my brother?

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Emi person please there is only enough space on this age for one overly dramatic person and right now both you and Chelly are really encroaching on my territory

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

Azurelana posted:

Laslow Shaw

Vermilion Jarlis

Hello Mr. Laslow - the Inventors' Guild and the Cartographers' guild both seem to have the Dweller people's best interests at heart. Good on them, I say~! We need more transparent and fair-minded guilds out there!

That said, could you please elaborate further on the project you've been contracted for? What kinds of supplies would you require for a second construction to be made?

KhediveRex
Jul 11, 2016

A poster to surpass Bifauxnen!
Carnelian Gutxi

My fellow Dwellers.

The Cartographers guild and the Inventors guild are both being asked to decide important questions for our people. Our voice should be heard, independant of theirs.

Please gather at the fountain tonight. The meeting will be safe for both Reds and Blues, and should either party violate the peace they will be subject to consequences. I promise your security.

On the docket is the question of the disputed territory and this device. Please come in the spirit of fellowship with the goal of resolving these complications.

Following our discussion, I encourage all of our kind to stay and enjoy the spectacle of Ms Lain's puppet theater.

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum
Vermilion Jarlis

I couldn't have put it better myself! The esteemed Carnelian Guxti, everyone!

I will see you there, then, my friend.

Azurelana
Nov 6, 2018

Too cute to function

Prince of Space posted:

Vermilion Jarlis

Hello Mr. Laslow - the Inventors' Guild and the Cartographers' guild both seem to have the Dweller people's best interests at heart. Good on them, I say~! We need more transparent and fair-minded guilds out there!

That said, could you please elaborate further on the project you've been contracted for? What kinds of supplies would you require for a second construction to be made?

Laslow Shaw

I don't know? I'm not the most gifted member of the inventor's guild, so I'm not really clear on how something would be constructed. I'm sorry I wish I could help more, but perhaps the other members are better placed than I am.

50 pounds of bread
Sep 27, 2006

curiousCat posted:

Indroj... you're... you're alive.

Where are you...?

Artemis, my dear friend!

I am here with the Cartographers.

I saw the stars up close...

There is so much to learn still. I'd like to meet up with you soon, and ask you some things, but I have some things to do first. I must speak with Katran.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

CapitalistPig posted:

If you go to Muscle Row tonight you'll be able to witness the champion of the arena face the best hunter in all of Riven in a match to see who is truly champion. An event not to be missed!

sold

50 pounds of bread
Sep 27, 2006

Chic Trombone posted:

Fairly well. There seems to be a dispute about land which is borrowed from the stars, but I am not sure I care much for how it is resolved.

Kerath speaks of the star fissure. It's how I found myself in the cell you saved me from. Ironic isn't it, the most freedom I have ever felt, leading me into a cage.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

I hate to disappoint but Salo and I need to postpone the event due to unforeseen circumstances. Chasing beauty and all that

50 pounds of bread
Sep 27, 2006

AnAnonymousIdiot posted:

... How did you know my brother?

Not to answer for her, but she saved me from my cell in the underground. If I'm not mistaken, the place was called "Everdunes".

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Kashuno posted:

I hate to disappoint but Salo and I need to postpone the event due to unforeseen circumstances. Chasing beauty and all that

BUT I ALREADY BOUGHT MY TICKETS

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

chaoslord posted:

BUT I ALREADY BOUGHT MY TICKETS

Alas my beauty cannot be contained. Trust me I’ve tried!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

Does this look like the face of mercy, kupo?

50 pounds of bread posted:

Artemis, my dear friend!

I am here with the Cartographers.

I saw the stars up close...

There is so much to learn still. I'd like to meet up with you soon, and ask you some things, but I have some things to do first. I must speak with Katran.

Why did you dive in there you goddamn IDIOT?