Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Buller
Nov 6, 2010

Mongoose posted:

Nothing will ever beat the old CRPG experience for me. Outsmarting and demolishing tens of people in close range melee is my favorite PvP experience ever. Then again, I was a no-life 2000hr+ player by the end of it.

I imagine you as a spinning pike user.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mongoose
Jul 7, 2005

Buller posted:

I imagine you as a spinning pike user.

I played as Hannibal. Me and my friend BigSandwich were both speed warspear users, circle strafing people and stunlocking them. But I had all types of characters...cav lancer Megatron, horse archer optimus prime, mallet user stop_______hammertime, throwing weapons OK, one hander dead pirate bro, two hander wizbiz...truly a great time.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

Mongoose posted:

I played as Hannibal. Me and my friend BigSandwich were both speed warspear users, circle strafing people and stunlocking them. But I had all types of characters...cav lancer Megatron, horse archer optimus prime, mallet user stop_______hammertime, throwing weapons OK, one hander dead pirate bro, two hander wizbiz...truly a great time.

I made an alt named Badsandswich once

Kevin DuBrow
Apr 21, 2012

The uruk-hai defender has logged on.
I wheedled my friend into hopping onto a Warband native server. He’s not bad at the game but the only people who still play TDM are hardened veterans who caused him such rage that he vowed never to play it again. There goes my effort to thin out the proportion of weird racists on my favorite servers.

bees everywhere
Nov 19, 2002

Yeah these types of games can have a high skill ceiling that reward people for putting tons and tons of time into it, which is another reason why the crpg mod had the appeal it did to those kinds of players (and made it even more difficult for newbies).

breadshaped
Apr 1, 2010

Soiled Meat
I've pretty much resigned myself as "I am an extra in a Mel Gibson film" because of how often and stupidly I die and I'm just fodder for the great sword swinging main character.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.

Kevin DuBrow posted:

I wheedled my friend into hopping onto a Warband native server. He’s not bad at the game but the only people who still play TDM are hardened veterans who caused him such rage that he vowed never to play it again. There goes my effort to thin out the proportion of weird racists on my favorite servers.

Sadly this is the fate of all history themed games when they get old. Nothing but racist die hards as far as the eye can see.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Wow Mordhau is ahead of the curve then

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

mordhau devs are chuds so its community never had a chance.

Crypto Cobain
Jun 17, 2018

by Reene

big nipples big life posted:

mordhau devs are chuds so its community never had a chance.
That explains a lot. Man that community is toxic.

Buller
Nov 6, 2010
Bannerlord has a lot better community solely due to the fact that the game is never coming out.

Nut to Butt
Apr 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
i watched about 30 seconds of a dev video for "spire of sorcery" the other day, and, in it, one of the devs is wearing a bannerlord shirt. he mentions that his studio and taleworlds have a friendly competition to see who can launch their game first.

"spire of sorcery" is tentatively scheduled for Q3 2019 release.

Arkitektbmw
Jun 22, 2010
Has anyone been playing the 108 Heroes mod?

Just started it (and PoP) and it's kind of frustrating with it's lack of documentation. At least outside the game. I noticed it has quite a bit of in-game documentation just recently. I haven't trolled through all of it yet.

But comparing it to Pendors wiki, it feels lacking. Granted, it is a Chinese mod so it's understandable why.

Between it and Pendor, I'm leaning more toward the overall polish Pendor has. But those legendary weapons....mmmngh

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Nut to Butt posted:

i watched about 30 seconds of a dev video for "spire of sorcery" the other day, and, in it, one of the devs is wearing a bannerlord shirt. he mentions that his studio and taleworlds have a friendly competition to see who can launch their game first.

"spire of sorcery" is tentatively scheduled for Q3 2019 release.

Seems like a cool and good thing.

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xJ7SCHZWevI

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
It looks so good. I just badly want to know if the campaign is as expansive as the original games.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Still wish they could have stolen the melee combat system from Chivalry

DrBox
Jul 3, 2004

Sombody call the doctor?

Away all Goats posted:

Yeah the melee combat looks really underwhelming after Mordhau but the overall game will have a lot more going on so I guess it's an ok compromise.

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011

Away all Goats posted:

Nah.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
I like that it looks mostly unchanged, just more fluid animation wise. I love the old MB combat formula even if it's a little janky.

FLIPADELPHIA
Apr 27, 2007

Heavy Shit
Grimey Drawer
Yeah that video was pretty loving boring. After playing Mordhau I just don't know how engaging a combat system like this can be.

TropicalCoke
Feb 14, 2012
GIVE ME A RELEASE DATE drat IT

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
So the manager for the game left the company

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo
I'm fine with the combat mechanics being the same old so long as they beef up the AI in single player.

Asimov
Feb 15, 2016

Average Bear posted:

Good sign, that means the game is done and there's no more need for a manager, right? Looking forward to Q3 2019 release and full pendor mod Q4.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

I watched the first 4 minutes and it doesn’t help that the players being spectated are hilariously bad. Tons of swings that aren’t even close to the enemy, not a single manual block (without a shield) and even the guy with a shield was not blocking enough considering he was 1v3. Also the guy rushing the archer with his shield on his back goes to further show the low level ability of the players.

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011

Average Bear posted:

Cool, if the hilariously long development time is any indication he's been doing a poo poo job anyway.

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys
Yeah, they really needed someone on staff to say things like "do we really need dynamic horse rein physics" or "how about we have one less faction to work on."

VulgarandStupid posted:

I watched the first 4 minutes and it doesn’t help that the players being spectated are hilariously bad. Tons of swings that aren’t even close to the enemy, not a single manual block (without a shield) and even the guy with a shield was not blocking enough considering he was 1v3. Also the guy rushing the archer with his shield on his back goes to further show the low level ability of the players.

Yeah, it's weird, M&B combat can look really cool if the fighters actually know what they're doing. These guys, tho...

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

It seems like the people making rein physics have nothing better to do because there are huge issues in another area that are holding the game back

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

BBJoey posted:

It seems like the people making rein physics have nothing better to do because there are huge issues in another area that are holding the game back

That's a good point. And pretty worrying, too.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

VulgarandStupid posted:

right, I'm starved for Bannerlord content, especially multiplayer, and I still wanted to turn the video off lol

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
Yeah that video does nothing for me

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

Her Majesty's 56th Regiment of Foot
IDK about you guys, but I actually don't really care about Bannerlord multiplayer much. I'm not sure how many people really will, given that the genre has become a lot more crowded. What I really want to see are signs that single player has seen improvements where it really needs it, namely in terms of unit AI and overall quality of life in the overworld map and dealing with AI lords etc.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
I think Mordhau's gore has spoiled me, that's kinda what I want now. Its very visceral

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

I wish we had some transparency on what exactly is holding the game back from even an early access release. We first saw gameplay footage four years ago - for an average studio, that's enough time to fairly comfortably take a game from conception to release.

Comrayn
Jul 22, 2008

K8.0 posted:

IDK about you guys, but I actually don't really care about Bannerlord multiplayer much. I'm not sure how many people really will, given that the genre has become a lot more crowded. What I really want to see are signs that single player has seen improvements where it really needs it, namely in terms of unit AI and overall quality of life in the overworld map and dealing with AI lords etc.

Yeah I just want the warband campaign but improved, mainly in terms of AI like you said. If you’re holding out for multiplayer I don’t know what to tell you because mordhau is right there and it’s very good.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

More than one thing can be good at a time. Mordhau is great and all but M&B multiplayer is different enough with stuff like the incoming improved Captain modes, and also the modding and community support, that it's easy to be excited for it as well. Plus if you ever get tired to dumping on nerds in CRPG 2 or Full Invasion 3 or whatever you also have the singleplayer to relax in.

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
Holy poo poo. When I opened my feed this morning, I definitely didn't expect the announcement that Bannerlord will be chapter 2 of Deltarune. Congrats on the new position, Toby!

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord
Seeing that historical MP games are weirdly havens for chuds (and it seems like the mordhau devs tacitly approve of it), I’m not all that jazzed for bannerlord MP. All I want is a better campaign, reasonable vassals, less randomizes diplomacy and a sane endgame.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Hopefully the Mordhau devs wanting their game to be a safe space for people who want to spam Gamer Words will make Bannerlord servers more pleasant.