Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I acquired the latest edition of the Tech Manual today and let me tell you if you've wanted to convert a T-72 into a Battlemech murdering machine, it's never been easier.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pussy Cartel
Jun 26, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
There's also Warhansa for minis based on the MWO redesigns.

http://warhansa.com/index.php/katalog/warlike_tribes.html for Clan mechs.

http://warhansa.com/index.php/katalog/terra_promessa.html for Inner Sphere mechs.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Hustlin Floh posted:

I'm pretty positive whichever guy designed those clan tanks also did the Project Phoenix mechs, meaning they're a horrible monster who should never work again.

They were done by Plog, so I guess it goes to show you that when you're cranking out every other piece of art for every book they produce, you're gonna make some stinkers.

Overall TRO: 3060 was not the strongest book for art. You could tell they got the Hauptmann and a couple other units in and then were like "uh I dunnow do whatever"

Taintrunner posted:

I acquired the latest edition of the Tech Manual today and let me tell you if you've wanted to convert a T-72 into a Battlemech murdering machine, it's never been easier.

Not gonna murder many mechs with the light rifled cannon on that thing

Conquest7706
May 20, 2007

Pussy Cartel posted:

There's also Warhansa for minis based on the MWO redesigns.

http://warhansa.com/index.php/katalog/warlike_tribes.html for Clan mechs.

http://warhansa.com/index.php/katalog/terra_promessa.html for Inner Sphere mechs.

Atlas Hugged posted:

My friend sent me this page on Facebook. Might be worth looking at for alternative sculpts.

https://www.facebook.com/SteelWarriorStudios/

I can't believe none of these people have got cease & desist letters yet.

The 100% clearly a rifleman renamed "Arisaka" cracked me up.

One of their partners is a terrain/building miniatures company that divided up their architecture styles by faction of "alliance, confederation, federation, dragon, league, invaders.."

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
Getting anything C&D'd would require Topps to give a single gently caress.

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

Conquest7706 posted:

One of their partners is a terrain/building miniatures company that divided up their architecture styles by faction of "alliance, confederation, federation, dragon, league, invaders.."

I am irrationally saddened that the 'Centauro' is not a freaky hybrid of the Centurion and the Kintaro.

Nystral
Feb 6, 2002

Every man likes a pretty girl with him at a skeleton dance.
If Lyrans are not Germany, FedSund / FedCom are not England, DC are Not Japan, and Liao are not China. What is House Marik based on?

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

House Marik makes some dubious claims to be the last descendants of the Hapsburg dynasty, so Central Europe?

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

Strobe posted:

Getting anything C&D'd would require Topps to give a single gently caress.

It's not just Topps, as far as I know Microsoft still owns the game and software rights and they didn't care when a company put out a game called "Mech Command" a little while ago. Not that it used visuals from Battletech but if the video game Ion Maiden had to change its name I'm sure that Microsoft could have had a case if they cared.

At least Warhansa sells physical goods, I saw a site that straight up just sells MWO model file rips for tens of dollars per mech when you can do that yourself for free

BattleMaster fucked around with this message at 02:15 on Aug 16, 2019

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

Nystral posted:

If Lyrans are not Germany, FedSund / FedCom are not England, DC are Not Japan, and Liao are not China. What is House Marik based on?

The Balkans.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat

Nystral posted:

Lyran Commonwealth is Napoleonic Prussia
Federated Suns is the Hanseatic League with Cowboys
Draconis Combine is WWII Imperial Japan
Capellan Confederation is Stalin's Russia w/ more Chinese restaurants
Free Worlds League is the Byzantine Empire

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
fiddly digits, itchy britches
I love you all
Now do them as Game of Thrones houses.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

Atlas Hugged posted:

Now do them as Game of Thrones houses.

Federated Suns = House Stark. Boring and overdone, obviously the "good guys".
Lyran Commonwealth = House Lannister. Rich. Snobby. Incestuous behind closed doors.
Cappellan Confederation = House Targaryn. Batshit crazy, delusions of grandeur. Exactly one good descendent, and he's a bastard.
Draconis Combine = House Greyjoy. Clearly the bad guys, don't give a gently caress what you think.
Free Worlds League = House Oberyn. They're in the show, guys, promise. You'll just never see anything important and never hear about what happens there ever again.

40 Proof Listerine
Jul 1, 2007

Baroness Kanan-Zelaya of the minor House of Carbon

Conquest7706 posted:

I'm a fan of the not-Crab > not-King Crab being "Shrimp" and "Jumbo Shrimp" respectively.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Strobe posted:

Lyran Commonwealth = House Lannister. Rich. Snobby. Incestuous behind closed doors.
Cappellan Confederation = House Targaryn. Batshit crazy, delusions of grandeur. Exactly one good descendent, and he's a bastard.
Draconis Combine = House Greyjoy. Clearly the bad guys, don't give a gently caress what you think.
Free Worlds League = House Oberyn. They're in the show, guys, promise. You'll just never see anything important and never hear about what happens there ever again.

There's only one House with a member whose parents were siblings and that's Liao.

She got raped by a Davion, btw. Gotta double up on the EDGYYYYY stuff

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

Defiance Industries posted:

There's only one House with a member whose parents were siblings and that's Liao.

She got raped by a Davion, btw.

Katherine Steiner-Davion used her own and Victor's genes to produce an heir that nobody likes (Alaric).

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Strobe posted:

Katherine Steiner-Davion used her own and Victor's genes to produce an heir that nobody likes (Alaric).

You mean Katherine Wolf, genemother of Alaric Ward.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

Defiance Industries posted:

You mean Katherine Wolf, genemother of Alaric Ward.

I meant exactly what I said. :colbert:

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Where do you think she got the idea from? Probably the Clanners she hangs out with who do it all the time. They're all about that poo poo.

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
I love you all
So are the Clanners Dothraki or Unsullied?

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
In conclusion, the Inner Sphere is a land of contrasts

Strobe posted:

Now do it for the Clans

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
I love you all
Also looks like I have to wait for retail on this one. Stupid FLGS patrons not caring about Battletech.

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

Still haven't pledged, gonna probably go down to the wire on making my decision. Stuck between Star Captain and Bloodnamed. On the one hand, the four lance packs in Bloodnamed is tempting just so I can get lots of my favorite stompy robits. On the other hand, I will probably literally never play this game outside of Megamek, and the robits will sit on my mechbay shelf for all eternity.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

BULBASAUR posted:

Now do it for the Clans

Wolf - Jon Snow. Very generic but everyone always talks about how important they are.
Jade Falcon - Arya Stark. Never sells a defeat, will shrug off any problems.
Ghost Bear - The Night's King. Portrayed as a huge threat but can't be bothered to walk more than ten feet from their front door.
Nova Cat - Theon Greyjoy. If there's a bad thing, it's happened to them.
Diamond Shark - n/a. We're clearly using the show as our basis here and Game of Thrones doesn't give a gently caress about economics.
Smoke Jaguar - Tywin Lannister. An antagonist who had the good sense to get out before things got hella stupid.
Steel Viper - Doran Martell. People you know who are have actually read the books say he's cool but all you know is they get wrecked.
Hell's Horses - Davos Seaworth. Seems pretty decent, but is a born follower and only knows one thing: boats conventional forces.
Snow Raven - Olenna Tyrell. If you're loving the First Prince and he dies, you just upgraded to a newer model. Plus, she's a Redwyne.
The Homeworld Clans (Star Adder, Cloud Cobra, Coyote, Goliath Scorpion, Blood Spirit, Fire Mandrill, Ice Hellion) - Pick a character who got cut from the show.

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

Drone posted:

Still haven't pledged, gonna probably go down to the wire on making my decision. Stuck between Star Captain and Bloodnamed. On the one hand, the four lance packs in Bloodnamed is tempting just so I can get lots of my favorite stompy robits. On the other hand, I will probably literally never play this game outside of Megamek, and the robits will sit on my mechbay shelf for all eternity.

Same but also... Get them robots! I have almost 0 chance of using the physical models for playing the game, but painting them is plenty for me.

I am down to try Alpha Strike though. Seems good.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
So since they hit 2m i guess everyone gets an urbie now

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I will absolutely be hosting an Urbanmech death match at my local club when that drops

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

Urbanmech grand melee.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Battletech Royale

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Battletech Royale

As a matter of fact, I am hosting one in Brooklyn on the 28th of August mainly for new/curious players. It's all assault mechs.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
excuse me, but this is my SuburbanMech

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

BULBASAUR posted:

Need a tiny cowboy hat for my RuralMech

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
I love you all

BULBASAUR posted:

I'm sorry but I'd really like to speak to your manager.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
"My other ride is an Atlas"

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Atlas Hugged posted:

I'm sorry but I'd really like to speak to your manager.

Duchess Karen of Inarcs requests your presence.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
The SuburbanMech, designed by GM in 3087, was designed to combine elements of road-going passenger cars with features from off-road battle robots

Rojo_Sombrero
May 8, 2006
I ebayed my EQ account and all I got was an SA account

BULBASAUR posted:

The SuburbanMech, designed by GM in 3087, was designed to combine elements of road-going passenger cars with features from off-road battle robots

Found this forgotten tech readout for the SuburbanMech. Designed as a quad to give it a lower profile on the battlefield. And for additional stability so freeborn pilots would find it easier to pilot. Meant for use with garrison units and never intended for front line usage.

Mass: 30 tons
Chassis: Standard
Power Plant: 60 Fusion
Walking Speed: 21.6 km/h
Maximum Speed: 32.4 km/h
Jump Jets: 2 Standard Jump Jets
Jump Capacity: 60 meters
Armor Type: Ferro-Fibrous
Armament:
2 Ultra AC/5s
Manufacturer: (Unknown)
Communications System: (Unknown)
Targeting & Tracking System: (Unknown)

--------------------------------------------------------
Type/Model: SM-60 SuburbanMech
Mass: 30 tons

Equipment: Crits Mass
Int. Struct.: 55 pts Standard 0 3.00
Engine: 60 6 1.50
Walking MP: 2
Running MP: 3
Jumping MP: 2
Heat Sinks: 10 Single 8 .00
(Heat Sink Loc: 1 HD, 1 LFL, 1 RFL, 1 LT, 1 RT, 1 CT, 1 LRL, 1 RRL)
Gyro: 4 1.00
Cockpit, Life Supt., Sensors: 5 3.00
Leg Act: Hip + UpLeg + LowLeg + Foot 16 .00
Armor Factor: 106 pts Ferro-Fibrous 7 5.50
(Armor Crit Loc: 1 LFL, 1 RFL, 2 LT, 1 RT, 1 LRL, 1 RRL)

Internal Armor
Structure Value
Head: 3 9
Center Torso: 10 14
Center Torso (Rear): 5
L/R Side Torso: 7 10/10
L/R Side Torso (Rear): 3/3
L/R Front Leg: 7 13/13
L/R Rear Leg: 7 13/13

Weapons and Equipment Loc Heat Ammo Crits Mass
1 Ultra AC/5 RT 1 20 4 8.00
(Ammo Locations: 1 CT)
1 Ultra AC/5 LT 1 3 7.00
2 Standard Jump Jets: 2 1.00
(Jump Jet Loc: 1 LT, 1 RT)
TOTALS: 4 55 30.00
Crits & Tons Left: 11 .00

Calculated Factors:
Total Cost: 2,323,425 C-Bills
Battle Value: 596
Cost per BV: 3,898.36
Weapon Value: 256 / 256 (Ratio = .43 / .43)
Damage Factors: SRDmg = 14; MRDmg = 10; LRDmg = 6
BattleForce2: MP: 2J, Armor/Structure: 3/3
Damage PB/M/L: 2/1/1, Overheat: 0
Class: ML; Point Value: 6
Specials: omni

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
I love you all
Can it make sharp turns?

Rojo_Sombrero
May 8, 2006
I ebayed my EQ account and all I got was an SA account

Atlas Hugged posted:

Can it make sharp turns?

Sadly no it can't.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
unfortunately the four leg drive SuburbanMech was prone to rolling over while taking sharp turns

they were phased out in favor of the now ubiquitous, RuralMech