Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pancakes
May 21, 2001

Crypto-Rump Roast

That's what I've been saying in the GDT for hours.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Petanque
Apr 14, 2008

Ca va bien aller

I've watched this ten times now and "many other galaxies... yet named!" cracks me up every single time

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
I literally love Gio Urshela as if he was a member of my own family.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Sydin posted:

Upshot is this might finally be the weekend that gets Joe fired.

The writing's been on the wall since the offseason that Maddon's a dead man walking. He and Epstein are nowhere near close to being on the same page anymore, and they haven't been since 2017.

Pancakes posted:

The free agents that the Ricketts spent all that extra money on.

It's Rickettses, goddammit. Would you say "The free agents that the Jones spent all that extra money on?" No. You'd say Joneses. Just because the name ends with an "s" doesn't mean it's automatically both singular and plural. :argh:

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

Not the guy who just came back from the IL and walked three consecutive batters for starters?

Like gently caress, put goddamn Chatwood in. He's actually been pretty good this year, and yes I feel weird typing that out.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
The ball is a little juiced.

https://twitter.com/StatsBySTATS/status/1162597844387291136

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

Ammat The Ankh posted:

The ball is a little juiced.

Also the Dodgers just set a MLB record with the most HRs over a 5 game span. And they didn't even need to face the Orioles to do it.

Gerblederp
Dec 4, 2009

N: https://twitter.com/MLB/status/1162516149097115648?s=20

V: gently caress yeah

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.

Traxis posted:

Also the Dodgers just set a MLB record with the most HRs over a 5 game span. And they didn't even need to face the Orioles to do it.

Braves bullpen playing its part

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

https://twitter.com/ESPNStatsInfo/status/1162539662277316614

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Exsqueeze me, why the sour face? I'm here to lemon aid you. Let's juice it.
I wondered how long it would take to see Vlad golf some garbage into the stands like his dad and the answer was: Not loving long whatsoever.

Watch that replay.

Pancakes
May 21, 2001

Crypto-Rump Roast
Apologies for the background music on this video, but enjoy 4+ minutes of Bill Walton in the booth. :allears:

https://twitter.com/stony_says/status/1162713595609792515

Pancakes
May 21, 2001

Crypto-Rump Roast
In other news, Yadi and Waino had their 257th career game as batterymates last night. They're currently 8th all-time. If Waino takes the mound every 5th start for the remainder of his one-year contract he'd have 8 more starts. If all of those starts are with Yadi they would end up 7th all-time, 5 shy of Steve Rogers and Gary Carter and one ahead of Bob Lemon and Jim Hegan.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Pancakes posted:

Apologies for the background music on this video, but enjoy 4+ minutes of Bill Walton in the booth. :allears:

https://twitter.com/stony_says/status/1162713595609792515

MLB N/V August: A Computer-Generated Stud For The Future

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

https://twitter.com/NBCSWhiteSox/status/1162546187284750336

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
who can tell why the NBA has displaced Major league baseball in popularity? it is a mystery

(retired NBA announcer provides more entertainment value in 5 minutes than most baseball broadcasters do all season)

Miz Kriss
Mar 17, 2009

It's only an avatar if the Cubs get swept.
My kingdom for a competent bullpen

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

everyone needs to watch last night's white sox broadcast. it is absolutely incredible.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Pancakes posted:

If so hire Bill Walton

Imagine Walton dealing w/ your average baseball writer.

I actually thought Jason did well playing off him in this clip

Pancakes
May 21, 2001

Crypto-Rump Roast

El Gallinero Gros posted:

I actually thought Jason did well playing off him in this clip

Someone had said that they've done college basketball broadcasts together before.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Pancakes posted:

Someone had said that they've done college basketball broadcasts together before.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

That explains a lot, I watched one of those games and Walton hosed with him even more then, Jason's probably used to it by now

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
Has Brian Snitker been fired yet

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!

I love this.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

https://twitter.com/mlbtraderumors/status/1162800553052823552

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

I assume that means he's done given his age?

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Dont sign relievers

30 mil for 7 bad innings

alpha_destroy
Mar 23, 2010

Billy Butler: Fat Guy by Day, Doubles Machine by Night
N: my almost 2 year old officially recognizes the sounds of baseball. I put A's Astros on the radio and she yelled "baseball!"

V: this is good

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

alpha_destroy posted:

N: my almost 2 year old officially recognizes the sounds of baseball. I put A's Astros on the radio and she yelled "baseball!"

V: this is good

Well, hang on, what does she think about Rose in the Hall

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

Does your 2 y/o think the balls are juiced

What does she think about unions

alpha_destroy
Mar 23, 2010

Billy Butler: Fat Guy by Day, Doubles Machine by Night

Tom Gorman posted:

Does your 2 y/o think the balls are juiced

What does she think about unions

We are a union house for sure (she's been to several union functions). Other questions so far, no idea.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Arrietta is also done for the year

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.
N: https://twitter.com/YahooSports/status/1162849853254148098

V: Eat your heart out, Eddie Gaedel.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
If anybody wants to place bets on the single game scoring record Mike Foltynewicz is facing the dodgers tonight

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

kimbrel back tomorrow and if you don't think he's getting walked off in a nationally televised game, then you haven't seen the Road Cubs

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

I'm assuming the bases are loaded otherwise that kid is taking one to the numbers

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
A couple days ago I saw a kid in the LLWS high five an opposing player who dingered off him and man if that's my kid he's running foulpoles until he pukes

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的

Alfonso Soriano must be their hitting coach.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.
Chris Sale to the IL with elbow inflammation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

I was mad at this at first because it's clearly trying to cheat and the coach shouldn't be allowing that sort of thing but it was apparently a one-off and the ump called it a strike so :confuoot: