Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

The museum is great. I revisited a few years back with a couple of friends who had never been and it was still a lot of fun. I also love the town. It was so much bigger and magical when I was a kid but its still a fun little baseball town.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/brianmctaggart/status/1174420903909896193.

Carlos tried to suck his own dick again last night -_-

https://twitter.com/MLB/status/1174368674104467457

Prettttttty close

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

zoux posted:

The tweet’s been deleted, but I assume it was referring to Correa’s absence from tonight’s lineup. Hinch already said he was giving Correa tonight off and then he’ll play again this weekend, all as part of a gradual return.

https://twitter.com/MLBNetworkRadio/status/1174011847575527425?s=20

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

STAC Goat posted:

The museum is great. I revisited a few years back with a couple of friends who had never been and it was still a lot of fun. I also love the town. It was so much bigger and magical when I was a kid but its still a fun little baseball town.

it's pretty great. Also it's a good place to talk with people because if you're at the museum in the first place, you're good because everybody is there because of baseball. Everybody is "talky" and it's kind of cool to experience.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.

zoux posted:

Can’t a man dream

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Big Mean Jerk posted:

The tweet’s been deleted, but I assume it was referring to Correa’s absence from tonight’s lineup. Hinch already said he was giving Correa tonight off and then he’ll play again this weekend, all as part of a gradual return.

https://twitter.com/MLBNetworkRadio/status/1174011847575527425?s=20

Whew

Carlton Fletcher Condescends to and Pisses off Women Fans

zoux fucked around with this message at 22:03 on Sep 18, 2019

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

quote:

The inspiration for the story came while watching an Atlanta Braves game with a "female person" (which is not a swipe at women, incidentally, but an attempt to poke fun at the care with which we refer to gender these days)

Ah, this is definitely going to help smooth things over.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!

zoux posted:

How long y'all think Sanchez stays catching

Looking at that chart: how much of it is specifically Buster Posey?

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I love the "I told a really funny joke but the humor was just lost on most people" thing.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Ammat The Ankh posted:

......well that's weird

2011 was when he was taken out by the coward scott cousins, so if he had a whole season, that might have been an exact match

Only registered members can see post attachments!

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

STAC Goat posted:

I love the "I told a really funny joke but the humor was just lost on most people" thing.

Get this guy a comedy special

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text

Ammat The Ankh posted:

2011-13 Yadi had a ~132 wRC+ :D

Also lmao that chart kinda sucks. "A decade ago" catchers had an 89 wRC+. Now (2019) catchers have an 85 wRC+.

Meanwhile 2017 (two years ago!!) and 2010 were identical at 89 wRC+. Cool.

Thom P. Tiers fucked around with this message at 22:34 on Sep 18, 2019

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
I'd also be interested in seeing if there's any difference to that chart if you only used stats from the primary catchers. Every team is gonna be dragged down by their BUC who plays a third of the season and is expected to hit like a mediocre pitcher.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
Don't forget Joe Mauer too, may he rest in peace

ScottyJSno
Aug 16, 2010

日本が大好きです!

Sydin posted:

N: The Cubs put Russell on the Concussion IL even though rosters were expanded and there was no need to do so to free up space, because it meant he'd lose out an a $100K escalator in his contract for days on the active roster:

https://twitter.com/suntimes_sports/status/1174183868682919937 t

V: Normally wouldn't cheer a baseball team finding a loophole to screw a player out of money but I'll absolutely make an exception in this case. Eat poo poo Russell.

I just had a crazy conspiracy theory. Nico Hoerner can't be on the playoff roster because he was not on the Cubs 40 man by September 1st.

BUT

The Cubs can ask MLB for a special exemption to put Hoerner on the the playoff roster to replace an injury. So like if Russell's head still is bothering him and he has to stay on the IL, and if the Cubs make the playoffs, then....

:tinfoil:

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
Hoerner may be playoff eligible because Baez is out for the season.

Pancakes
May 21, 2001

Crypto-Rump Roast
You Cubs fans want to feel conflicted? Check out Dex's play to help save the game for the Cards today.

https://twitter.com/Cardinals/status/1174410000292356102

ScottyJSno
Aug 16, 2010

日本が大好きです!

Popete posted:

Hoerner may be playoff eligible because Baez is out for the season.

Oh. I had some hope Baez would be back in October. :negative:

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer

ScottyJSno posted:

Oh. I had some hope Baez would be back in October. :negative:

He could be, Idk how that effects playoff legibility if the player you're replacing comes back during the post season.

LonesomeCrowdedWest
May 8, 2008
Will Randall Grichuk be the worst 30 home run hitter ever? My gut says no because baseball but thats a pretty empty statline

tigersmsk
Dec 4, 2010
[

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/FOXSportsBraves/status/1174469667429109760

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

https://twitter.com/Cut4/status/1174476828456706053

el tortuga was very hungry

Ratmtattat
Mar 10, 2004
the hairdryer

Just call Correa "McRib" because he's back for a limited time only.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

LonesomeCrowdedWest posted:

Will Randall Grichuk be the worst 30 home run hitter ever? My gut says no because baseball but thats a pretty empty statline

He was probably the 2019 version of my most hated poo poo player the Yankees couldn't get out.

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

The twins have several guys i've never heard of and they've hit 30 home runs

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks

Big Grich kicks rear end. I love when he would hit absolutely mammoth dongs

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

i don't know what the goddamn hell a mitch garver is and I don't plan to learn

Pancakes
May 21, 2001

Crypto-Rump Roast

Mike_V posted:

Big Grich kicks rear end. I love when he would hit absolutely mammoth dongs

I like his moonshot abilities but he lost a lot of his appeal for me when he talked poo poo at Tim Anderson for bat flips.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Tom Gorman posted:

IcePhoenix posted:

Hello friends, the Twins were off yesterday but don't worry, I still have a Twins Fact™ for everyone

Among players with at least 300 PA, the top five AB/HR players this season, counting down from 5 to 1, looks like this

5: Pete Alonso, 11.2
4: Christian Yellich, 11.1
3: Yordan Alvarez, 11.0
2: Mike Trout, 10.4
1: Mitch Garver, 9.6

Thank you for subscribing to Twins Facts™

vincentpricesboner
Sep 3, 2006

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Theres been so many 30 home run hitters its hard to say but probably no.

Now, Chris Carter was most def the worst 40 home run hitter ever.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
From 2011 but an article on the worst 30 HR seasons ever:

https://www.beyondtheboxscore.com/2011/2/3/1971906/the-worst-30-home-run-season-of-all-time

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Chris Carter hit 41 HRs 2 seasons ago and he played this season in Mexico.

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

Tom Gorman posted:

Mitch Garver is a certified Cool Baseball Dude and I don't care if the juiced ball is powering his stats because loving Jason Castro sucks and we haven't had a decent catcher since Suzuki left.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.

STAC Goat posted:

Chris Carter hit 41 HRs 2 seasons ago and he played this season in Mexico.

Kinda of strange, he was always a pretty decent hitter who is only now 30 years old, then had one bad season in which he only played 60 games and suddenly he’s playing in Mexico.

His 60 games last year were roughly the same as Jesus Aguilars 90 games with the Brewers this year and someone still though he was worth a gamble.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

I hope the Ricketts just gave the $100k to Russell's ex-wife but i am sure threy are putting it to good use like individually flying up to 4 CEOs t Mar a Lago so they can take a picture with Trump doing a thumbs up

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

TheBizzness posted:

Kinda of strange, he was always a pretty decent hitter who is only now 30 years old, then had one bad season in which he only played 60 games and suddenly he’s playing in Mexico.

His 60 games last year were roughly the same as Jesus Aguilars 90 games with the Brewers this year and someone still though he was worth a gamble.

And he's only 32.

And like I forgot to add he was leading the NL that year in HRs.

The Yankees signed him for next to nothing on a 1 year deal and DFA'd him TWICE.

I really never understood what the hell happened there. But I think the lesson is baseball is weird and weird poo poo happens both ways. Sometimes a player just clicks and puts it all together and sometimes it just all falls apart.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
Bucs announcer just described Vogelbach as “like two Matt Stairs put together.”

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
Matt Stairs was one of the greatest pinch hitters of all time and should be in the Hall as a pinch hitter, do not reply

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Matt Stairs is the platonic Form of the big fat lefty who comes off the bench to mash and also looks like he is spending the rest of the game in the dugout in front of a grill throwing down brews and talking about marinades.