Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

I laughed way too hard when he casually told the guy collecting everyone’s entrance gear to “make sure that’s still there at the end of the match” when he threw his orange juice in the corner.

That clip from the Beyond show when Janela tags him in, he gets chopped and then he tags out misses the funniest part of that exchange, which was Cassidy saying "he hit me so hard, Joey" to Janela after he comes back to the corner to yell at him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
Seth Rollins is worse than CM Punk

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Breitbart Is Rightbart posted:

Seth Rollins is worse than CM Punk

Seth Rollins was never a walking pregnancy scare

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

coconono posted:

well real name sounds even dumber.
Any name somebody uses is their real name, so I try to differentiate it with performer's name vs. character's name.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
The thing is chuck and Trent make their shoot names into part of their gimmicks and character so I don’t really mind. What annoys me is when wrestling fans use wrestlers shoot names to try and prove to you how much they know about the business.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Lumbermouth posted:

That clip from the Beyond show when Janela tags him in, he gets chopped and then he tags out misses the funniest part of that exchange, which was Cassidy saying "he hit me so hard, Joey" to Janela after he comes back to the corner to yell at him.

I think my fave Orange Cassidy match will forever be this one against David Starr. This was the match I tried showing people when they jumped to the conclusion Cassidy was a poo poo signing decision

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VcL4a4ohS-g&t=1s

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
if you don’t call hulk hogan “terry” you’re a mark

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

WatermelonGun posted:

if you don’t call hulk hogan “terry” you’re a mark

I prefer rat.

mactheknife
Jul 20, 2004

THE JOLLY CANDY-LIKE BUTTON

WatermelonGun posted:

if you don’t call hulk hogan “wood” you’re a mark

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
Punk owns lmao

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
During his whole story with Stokely Hathaway owning the rights to the name Chuck Taylor, Chuck briefly went by Dustin and you could tell he regretted it pretty quick. I remember seeing him tweet promoting a show with "come and watch me tell the ring announcer not to to call me Dustin"

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

DLC Inc posted:

I think my fave Orange Cassidy match will forever be this one against David Starr. This was the match I tried showing people when they jumped to the conclusion Cassidy was a poo poo signing decision

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VcL4a4ohS-g&t=1s
i can never make up my mind whether i love or hate kingston on commentary

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

The_Rob posted:

The thing is chuck and Trent make their shoot names into part of their gimmicks and character so I don’t really mind. What annoys me is when wrestling fans use wrestlers shoot names to try and prove to you how much they know about the business.

As a compromise, may I offer Justin and Craig, Okada's good friends.

Dangerous Person posted:

During his whole story with Stokely Hathaway owning the rights to the name Chuck Taylor, Chuck briefly went by Dustin and you could tell he regretted it pretty quick. I remember seeing him tweet promoting a show with "come and watch me tell the ring announcer not to to call me Dustin"

It's a shame Fuckin' Jeff never made it out of the WrestleSplania Philly Office, because watching in real time Chuck Taylor realize he made a mistake is one of the best things.

karmicknight fucked around with this message at 23:09 on Sep 30, 2019

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Calling something a "shoot name" is silly but nothing will be funnier than when someone was claiming Ian Rotten "lost his shoot job at the Taco Bell" over some poo poo he did

FullMetalJackoff
Feb 15, 2004

Waluigi want his fucking Amiibo

mactheknife posted:

i fuckin hate that seth rollins is a bears fan, it means that any time they win i can't be all the way happy because i know he's also happy

Fire Cutler Rollins

Accident Underwater
Oct 21, 2005

You look like a star!
https://twitter.com/DakotaKai_WWE/status/1178867434968756224?s=19 lmao

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AuH4gGNb4cA

This is a man who really loving cares who knows his real name

e: I hope Chuck never remembers his youtube password

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ftL-xylb7ic

RealFoxy fucked around with this message at 06:05 on Oct 1, 2019

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
if we didnt know their real names we would never have the best piece of art ever created, and that is Greg is Big Now

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

https://twitter.com/boy_myth_legend/status/1178900559216234496

Y'all :3:

Shard
Jul 30, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
gently caress yeah!

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!
It's weird seeing people question whether or not it's a coming out tweet, because it looks more and more like one every time I read it. If it's not, we'll all feel like jackasses, but I kind of get the feeling that he just kind of finally decided to do it in the afterglow of the show last night.

As for Al Snow, and training:

He had a pretty decent rep as a trainer in the '90s, even if he produced very few names beyond Blue Meanie. And as noted above, who makes a good trainer often has zero to do with how good or even accomplished a wrestler you are. Mr. Hughes has a great rep as a teacher. So does Billy Gunn. In Chris Jericho's first book, he takes shots at how carny Keith Hart's school was while also praising how good a trainer random-assed referee Ed Langley turned out to be. But Snow is not only a bitter prick and a giant hypocrite in light of how he made his name (becoming an early indie darling in workrate matches after 12 years going nowhere on the midwest scene; that run with Sabu et al and the joke he cracked at UFC 4 got him his SMW job), but he also hasn't really produced anyone of note in a LONG time. Who are the best guys to come out of his OVW? Crimson and Mike Hayes?

davidbix fucked around with this message at 20:19 on Oct 1, 2019

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I think training is kind of tough rub to get and assuming most reputable trainers give more or less a baseline level of fundamentals then it becomes a question of like connections and opportunities. I think the Chikara or CZW guys probably benefit from having a place to work, learn from others, and continue their training at the levels beyond "learn the ropes." Or Lance Storm seems to set up his talent or have a good enough rep to send them off to opportunities. On the other hand OVW seems like its been kind of lost and isolated ever since the break from WWE. They don't have that next step for development because OVW is mostly just the trainees wrestling each other.

I don't know. That's just my rough impression. But that one HBK training class always throws off the curve.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

OVW is Rip Rogers(I think Danny's retired and completely down with OVW now), who has pretty much the same mentality as Al Snow. But also 1000% crazier than Al Snow. I'm pretty sure Al Snow would have just emptied the cash register instead of making a final stand at a gas station getting robbed.

Yaramund
Jul 22, 2015

The face of a killer
in a ghostly design

davidbix posted:

It's weird seeing people question whether or not it's a coming out tweet, because it looks more and more like one every time I read it. If it's not, we'll all feel like jackasses, but I kind of get the feeling that he just kind of finally decided to do it in the afterglow of the show last night.

Well about that.

https://twitter.com/iamjakeatlas/status/1179120017692123141

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I thought Jake was dating Parrow anyway

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!
Well, we all feel like jackasses, even if "I love you" and "share my life" sound couple-y as gently caress. But Jack also just turned 22 so one can easily see how he'd be inelegant at social media.

coconono posted:

I thought Jake was dating Parrow anyway
Unless something changed very recently, no. Parrow's married to a guy who's not Jake Atlas.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
Lol the picture was him kissing his hand I thought it was straight forward.

Oh well, I worked myself into a shoot.

TheCool69
Sep 23, 2011
Has anybody actually seen the "mirror man" gimmick Al had before coming up with the head. I think it was Foley or someone who was talking how it was mind blowing stuff back then

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007

TheCool69 posted:

Has anybody actually seen the "mirror man" gimmick Al had before coming up with the head. I think it was Foley or someone who was talking how it was mind blowing stuff back then

maybe it was sandow's stunt double gimmick

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Geez didn't you guys ever watch Scrubs?

https://youtu.be/lL4L4Uv5rf0

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Had no idea either of them are gay and that’s amazing

Edit: oh nm that’s disappointing lol

mactheknife
Jul 20, 2004

THE JOLLY CANDY-LIKE BUTTON
how could that have been taken any way besides a coming out tweet is beyond me

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

it is fine to tell your male friends you love them and should be encouraged more!!!!

but yeah i mean i thought he was coming out too haha

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

It mostly reads as a coming out tweet because we have really dumb ideas about friendship between two men.

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

That's the kind of masculinity we need

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

PUNKS DIET SODA posted:

That's the kind of masculinity we need

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i love sharing my life with all of you

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

i love you and i am IN love with you all

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I’m pregnant by all of you. Please send PayPal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

i tolerate most of you