Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

JASON figured it out!?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
OH SNAP.

I think someone in the thread thought about this, but it was dismissed immediately.

Evil Mastermind posted:

JASON figured it out!?

In this case, I think only Jason would've been the one to figure it out. I knew the lack of "Not a girl" was a bit off.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Xelkelvos posted:

OH SNAP.

I think someone in the thread thought about this, but it was dismissed immediately.

her forgetting to say 'not a girl' was the clincher imo

BioThermo
Feb 18, 2014

Evil Mastermind posted:

JASON figured it out!?

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

The bad place clearly spent a lot of time updating Bad Janet's impersonation technology

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Jason knows his janets

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

They marblized Janet?

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Yes....... YES

boo_radley
Dec 30, 2005

Politeness costs nothing
Oh my God, I can't believe I was right. Sock it you forking dinks!

carticket
Jun 28, 2005

white and gold.

I admit, the thread was collectively pretty much right.

thanks alot assbag
Feb 18, 2005

BLUUUUHHHHHH
Everyone was right for at least a few minutes

carticket
Jun 28, 2005

white and gold.

thanks alot assbag posted:

Everyone was right for at least a few minutes

Not me. I have been and always shall be wrong.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender
Ha, well done show. I did catch that she didn't say "Not a girl." I thought that was odd, but Janet has seemingly been so much more human recently that I wondered if she dropped that.

The Fuzzy Hulk
Nov 22, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT CROSSING THE STREAMS

I love this show.

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

I take it you don't want my autograph, then.

Ignis posted:

Maybe it's actually Janet and Bad Janet is the one actually handling the neighborhood now (signaled by her texting during the entire scene)

I dunno, I just thought the Bortles comment was incredibly mean :shrug:

:haw:

Vietnamwees
May 8, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Well I guess my theory about it being Doug Forcett on the traintracks was WAY off...

MaxieSatan
Oct 19, 2017

critical support for anarchists
I just hope we get to see the various stages of Glenn in the episodes to come, if only as a brief cameo.

BioThermo
Feb 18, 2014

MaxieSatan posted:

I just hope we get to see the various stages of Glenn in the episodes to come, if only as a brief cameo.

What were the various stages? A firetruck passed by and I got, "slug monster, spooky girl, teenage boy, :siren:, social media CEO, and finally, demon."

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Ball of tongues.

I always forget the guy who plays Glenn is a writer who really would rather be anywhere else.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

At one point there was an episode where we got to see another demon without its human suit on (not the fire rock one we've seen a few times). Does anyone remember what episode that was? I wanna see it again.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
So if Michael is still really Michael, then what's with Eleanor's very valid suspicion that he still wanted them to have a slumber party instead of working?

Also they could still have called in the judge now that they have actual proof that The Bad Place screwed with the experiment again. It means resetting it but The Bad Place gets extra punished, so.

Plus the Accountant is noting all this down, right?

Vietnamwees
May 8, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Hey man, I'm still shocked that JASON figured out that it was a Bad Janet the whole time! I mean, JASON for God's sakes!

Staggy
Mar 20, 2008

Said little bitch, you can't fuck with me if you wanted to
These expensive
These is red bottoms
These is bloody shoes

Hell yes Jason.

This show is so good at twists.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
I also like Jason's plan - Shawn can probably counter most human plans or retaliations, but Jason doesn't really think about his actions beyond "Go to The Bad Place, belt Shawn, Get Janet Back" so he'll probably be hard to predict.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
That episode :vince:

Love that they addressed all the different theories without letting them drag out all season

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

Regy Rusty posted:

She didn't even say she's not a girl!!!

I noticed that too! I am now officially as smart as Jason.

I also I think I liked the episode the most of the season. The other episodes were a bit slow.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
I loved the closing lines:
Michael "Let's go get our girl back.."
Jason "Not a girl."

Also I like Michael's anxiety about his true form - he needs to realise that the Humans as they know him will probably accept any form - he wouldn't just be a juicy burning fire squid to them, he'd be the fire squid who worked tirelessly to help their entire species. If he was in a location far away from the neighborhood, his fear would be the only reason not to let his firey tentacles down. There'd be an initial shock, but they'd get over that once his tentacles ripped Shawn in half. Ted really sold that scene too with his voice breaking as he fears that he'll lose them just by describing his true form.

BioEnchanted fucked around with this message at 11:28 on Oct 18, 2019

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Rarity posted:

That episode :vince:

Love that they addressed all the different theories without letting them drag out all season

If there's one thing the Good Place is good at (and it's good at a lot), it's not dragging things out too long.

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

it's in the mighty hands of steel
Fun Shoe

Pinwiz11 posted:

JANET

brad
dr scott
rocky

A missed opportunity, honestly. What I wouldn't give to have seen them do that routine.

Evil Mastermind posted:

JASON figured it out!?

... another missed opportunity. It would have been cool to see Shawn give a totally different read on the whole "Jason? Oh... this is a new low point. This one hurts." Or something. What can I say? I like callbacks.

BioEnchanted posted:

I loved the closing lines:
Michael "Let's go get our girl back.."
Jason "Not a girl."

Also I like Michael's anxiety about his true form - he needs to realise that the Humans as they know him will probably accept any form - he wouldn't just be a juicy burning fire squid to them, he'd be the fire squid who worked tirelessly to help their entire species. If he was in a location far away from the neighborhood, his fear would be the only reason not to let his firey tentacles down. There'd be an initial shock, but they'd get over that once his tentacles ripped Shawn in half. Ted really sold that scene too with his voice breaking as he fears that he'll lose them just by describing his true form.

Yeah, the closing lines were cool. And Jason really cleans up well. But they'd have to get pretty far away from the neighborhood for Michael to take off his skin suit without alerting the Janetbabies. Didn't Michael say he's 6,000 feet tall? The Gateway Arch in St. Louis is 600 feet tall, and it doesn't glow. Even on a somewhat hazy day, you can see it over 10 miles away. I would imagine that something made of fire that was 10 times taller would be harder to miss.

... speaking of Janetbabies... was Bad Janet controlling them? Or have they been controlling themselves? Maybe Derek? Marble Janet?

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

Does this look like the face of mercy, kupo?
Michael turning back to a demon while they're in the Bad Place and that giving Jason a chance to witness it is pretty smooth, tbh

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

tarlibone posted:

Didn't Michael say he's 6,000 feet tall? The Gateway Arch in St. Louis is 600 feet tall, and it doesn't glow. Even on a somewhat hazy day, you can see it over 10 miles away. I would imagine that something made of fire that was 10 times taller would be harder to miss.

According to the podcast, in the writer's room one of the writers objected to Michael's true form being 6,000 feet tall because that makes him ten (ish? I don't remember the actual factor) times taller than Godzilla.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe
Ugh the Global app has a bad upload with only the first 9 minutes.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

tarlibone posted:

... another missed opportunity. It would have been cool to see Shawn give a totally different read on the whole "Jason? Oh... this is a new low point. This one hurts." Or something. What can I say? I like callbacks.
Well Shawn probably doesn't know yet, so there's still hope!

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Evil Mastermind posted:

Well Shawn probably doesn't know yet, so there's still hope!

He'll find out. And he'll be so annoyed.

He also might try and turn Jason but Jason is a pure and good boy who can BS his way through some of the dumber demons.

stratofarius
May 17, 2019

I'm still digesting that twist, not sure where I fall on it, but now it does raise the question of whether or not Janet doing anything Brent wanted her to do was an act by Bad Janet.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

stratofarius posted:

I'm still digesting that twist, not sure where I fall on it, but now it does raise the question of whether or not Janet doing anything Brent wanted her to do was an act by Bad Janet.

Ostensibly, that was enabling Brent somewhat

boo_radley
Dec 30, 2005

Politeness costs nothing

Xelkelvos posted:

He'll find out. And he'll be so annoyed.

He also might try and turn Jason but Jason is a pure and good boy who can BS his way through some of the dumber demons.

Also, Jason can ball-tap with the best of them.

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

I'm looking for a flock of urbanmechs.

ApplesandOranges posted:

So if Michael is still really Michael, then what's with Eleanor's very valid suspicion that he still wanted them to have a slumber party instead of working?

He has a valid point if they've been running themselves hard this whole time. Also Michael isn't always the best font of good ideas.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

howe_sam posted:

They marblized Janet?

Guess they're retconning that to be reversible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Mokinokaro posted:

Guess they're retconning that to be reversible.

I think marbling was always reversible. It just needed someone external to do it.