Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Twee or Jank?
This poll is closed.
Twee 9 4.81%
Jank 26 13.90%
Goose 71 37.97%
Bowsette 81 43.32%
Total: 187 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
I was kinda looking forward to the outer worlds but after watch some gameplay, mostly in the GB quicklook, I am not sure I have it in me to care about one of these right now. I might fuel my rpg lust with Disco Elysium instead.

Before that though, Code Vein is really charming me with it's 7/10-ness and I'm having a better time with it than From's last two games. Though I have yet to actually find any distress signals and I think I've tried at most bosses. I initially grabbed it to have a laugh making a big titty gf and do some dark souls style gaming but a lot about it has worked its way into my head and I find myself thinking about it alot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
Well I've seen all the available moments in Obra Dinn, before I guess submitting my findings and then going into the last chapter. I only have 15 fates but I feel like I saw 3 chapters all at once so I have some stuff to pick through. Is there a reason I should hold off on going back to the boat right now and getting the last bit unlocked, or should I try and submit what I have so I can see the rest of the fates

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

LawfulWaffle posted:

Well I've seen all the available moments in Obra Dinn, before I guess submitting my findings and then going into the last chapter. I only have 15 fates but I feel like I saw 3 chapters all at once so I have some stuff to pick through. Is there a reason I should hold off on going back to the boat right now and getting the last bit unlocked, or should I try and submit what I have so I can see the rest of the fates

you can’t unlock the last bit unless you’ve solved all available fates before leaving the ship

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

i forgot to mention it but the Soldiers of the Sea track is v good

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Kinda want to buy the Pokemon Sword and Shield double pack, so I can run one normally and Nuzlocke the other.

Perhaps a hamster
Jun 15, 2010

bushisms.txt posted:

Is it harder? What engine are they using? If it's custom, they might not be able to program a controller script, where as most commodified engines have plug ins available. So it might be easier to program click here object goes to click and just animate the object\character model.

Unity. Don't know poo poo about programming though, so not sure if WASD or mouse-click movements are easier in that.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Infinitum posted:

Kinda want to buy the Pokemon Sword and Shield double pack, so I can run one normally and Nuzlocke the other.

You can probably just play on a second profile.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Is that confirmed? Cause fuuuuuuckkkk single save only

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

There are some party games that just have a shared save file but Pokemon Lets Go Pikachu/Eevee let you have seperate ones for each profile.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.

Oxxidation posted:

you can’t unlock the last bit unless you’ve solved all available fates before leaving the ship

nuts

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

I am grateful that the tockington stuff exists in DQ11, to remind me why I never liked the old DQs. the random encounter rate is nuts for a game with combat as boring as dq's, especially when you can't crank it up to ultra speed in 2D mode

I had convinced myself I was gonna go back and play some of the DS remakes but lmao

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
Ewt'r Woilds

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
Outer Heavens

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

All leaving the ship early does is get you the bad ending and then you reload back on the ship to actually finish solving things.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Hey thread. I fell like 600 posts behind. Hope nothing interesting happened. Have Kirby
https://twitter.com/videogamedeals/status/1186268430338527232

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
Nintendo has saved RPGs

https://twitter.com/Akfamilyhome/status/1186278061773225984?s=20

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

never seen little toes this lovingly rendered befrore

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
https://twitter.com/HanAlolaSH/status/1185601416083070976

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
https://twitter.com/Goufuem/status/1185325700850442240

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Get Gamepass and you can have both of the Outer W games for $5

homeless snail posted:

I am grateful that the tockington stuff exists in DQ11, to remind me why I never liked the old DQs. the random encounter rate is nuts for a game with combat as boring as dq's, especially when you can't crank it up to ultra speed in 2D mode

I had convinced myself I was gonna go back and play some of the DS remakes but lmao

You can increase the combat speed in 2d mode to be massively faster. It was the difference between oh god why does this exist this is agony and "oh, I see how people are saying they beat all 3 acts in sub 30 hours in 2d mode"

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Outer Wilds is really good and I'm glad my hundreds of hours of KSP saved me from having to spend a few cycles getting good at piloting

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Are kerbals rabbids

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Barudak posted:

Get Gamepass and you can have both of the Outer W games for $5

You only get Worlds on PC with that

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Help Im Alive posted:

Are kerbals rabbids

kerbals are the property of take two interactive and any comparison to another studio's work must cease immediately

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

You need Ultimate Game Pass for both Xbox and PC games.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

So what happens after you beat RingFit Adventure? Are you just fit at that point or is there postgame training where you can keep exercising?

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Electric Phantasm posted:

So what happens after you beat RingFit Adventure? Are you just fit at that point or is there postgame training where you can keep exercising?

You fuuuuuuuck

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

somewhere Quentin Tarantino jolts awake with a start

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
if you're at work do no look for dragaux on twitter

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock
someone remix dragaux with this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FiARsQSlzDc

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

what a way to find out dragaux means "big jizzy cock" in french

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Regy Rusty posted:

All leaving the ship early does is get you the bad ending and then you reload back on the ship to actually finish solving things.

okay, thanks for the info.

Double Punctuation
Dec 30, 2009

Ships were made for sinking;
Whiskey made for drinking;
If we were made of cellophane
We'd all get stinking drunk much faster!
I have discovered the power of the Rover in Signal Simulator.

(Link for mobile)

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

homeless snail posted:

Does the 2D mode have different xp gain rates or anything. I imagine random encounters requires a completely different balance than base DQ11's ability to skip 90% of battles

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

Help Im Alive posted:

Are kerbals rabbids

I was gonna say something along the lines of no, kerbals are funny and don't scream out loud like idiots.

My opinion on rabbids changed a bit with Mario XCOM. :v:

granted the fact the only thing you can see with kerbals is their faces when they known poo poo is going south (which is like 90 percent of the time)and no audio is a bit more unsettling.. and funny.

Shindragon fucked around with this message at 17:38 on Oct 21, 2019

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

the holy trinity...rabbid, minion and kerbal

Shindragon posted:

I was gonna say something along the lines of no, kerbals are funny and don't scream out loud like idiots.

My opinion on rabbids changed a bit with Mario XCOM. :v:

granted the fact the only thing you can see with kerbals is their faces when they known poo poo is going south (which is like 90 percent of the time)and no audio is a bit more unsettling.. and funny.

Mario XCOM is good either way because even if you don't like the rabbids you get to shoot them

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

In Training posted:

Does the 2D mode have different xp gain rates or anything. I imagine random encounters requires a completely different balance than base DQ11's ability to skip 90% of battles

My sense is that 2D mode was kinda just thrown together and doesn't really work

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Important happening this weekend!!!

https://twitter.com/NintendoVS/status/1186265885222158337

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

yo
https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1186325448331890693