Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

The Sixers are doodoo trash. I don't care that they beat the Bucks, because they aren't winning poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

https://twitter.com/EnesKanter/status/1212772158549692416?s=19

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
I do think LeBron should maybe sit a week and that the Lakers should use this win cushion they have a bit, but then again watching how little effort he could put into a game and still be effective last night makes me think maybe he can keep up this rest-while-playing strategy.

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/BSO/status/1212497871188189185?s=19

phew

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

I'm cracking up at everyone making the joke that she's cheated on him more times than he's made a three

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Someone find some grainy footage of Kendall Jenner in some YMCA gym not cheating on Ben Simmons

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Does anyone know where stern is actually being buried, I can’t find it anywhere

It’s for a project don’t ask about the project

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

WhyteRyce posted:

Someone find some grainy footage of Kendall Jenner in some YMCA gym not cheating on Ben Simmons

haha

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
Out of nowhere on New Years my wife asked me what happened to Semih Erden. This was the one Celtics player she remembered from watching games together at bars when we were dating.

So for inquiring minds, Semih Erden is currently playing in Turkey. The closest he's come to stardom is losing to Real Madrid in the finals.

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007

a new study bible! posted:

The Sixers are doodoo trash. I don't care that they beat the Bucks, because they aren't winning poo poo.

we haven't even seen the January Sixers yet

also they're like 15-1 when Thybulle plays 15+ minutes or something

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

DeimosRising posted:

Does anyone know where stern is actually being buried, I can’t find it anywhere

It’s for a project don’t ask about the project

His ashes will be put in a basketball urn

WhyteRyce posted:

Lmao

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Metapod posted:

His ashes should be used by Lebron for a "powder throw" before a game

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Metapod posted:

David Stern was enveloped in the cold embrace of death but he will always be remembered via Basketball Urn

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 2000

WhyteRyce posted:

My god, it's full of stars.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
Charles Barkley, holding the ashes of ernie johnson and crying while saying 'I miss you urney.......".

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

alansmithee posted:

Silver was the one who got Sterling booted from the league. Stern didn't gaf-there was already tangible proof of Sterling being racist since he lost a housing discrimination lawsuit. He also put in the racist dress code and suspended Mahmoud Abdul-Rauf for not standing for the anthem. Most of the growth of the league was due to the Magic-Bird rivalry coming in to the league intact and Nike. He was extremely good at self-promotion though. And he did put in a lot of rules that helped teams not quite horribly screw themselves (Stepien rule most notably). He also was somehow able to squelch the referee controversy pretty effectively.

What Stern did with NBA tv deals is more important than Nike was for growing the league.

big boi
Jun 11, 2007

WhyteRyce posted:

Hahaha

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status/1212818706834903046?s=19

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

WhyteRyce posted:

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
The fans voting get it.
https://twitter.com/TheSteinLine/status/1212811205817126912/photo/1

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Tacko wtf

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/KyleNeubeck/status/1212815986027573249

Between the lines: He's talking about Ben

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Tae posted:

Tacko wtf

Celtics fans are real ones

Also real idiots for robbing votes from the good players on the team but hey

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Stevie Lee posted:

we haven't even seen the January Sixers yet

also they're like 15-1 when Thybulle plays 15+ minutes or something

Weird that they win most of the games that the bench player who is 9th on the depth chart plays a lot of minutes in. Gee I wonder why these two things correlate. Quick, Dokmo, Spin up the dick graph machine!

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Zogobot, who is the player that made an allstar team with the worst team record?

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Tae posted:

Tacko wtf

he's so tall!

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

Paul Zuvella posted:

Weird that they win most of the games that the bench player who is 9th on the depth chart plays a lot of minutes in. Gee I wonder why these two things correlate. Quick, Dokmo, Spin up the dick graph machine!

Matisse Thybulle is a generational roleplayer.

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica
I'm so proud of my boy Siakam

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Fan voters have decided that derrick rose is BACK

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica
Does Lowry get in on the coach vote?

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Rose making it when it's in Chicago would be fun

nut
Jul 30, 2019

R.D. Mangles posted:

Fan voters have decided that derrick rose is BACK

as a fan voter i can confirm and if you don't think d rose is back well then I think you know what he'll tell you to do

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 2000
The Pacers will not have an All-Star when voting ends but Sabonis should be on there.

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

This is so STUPID. Fans should NOT VOTE ON THE ALL STAR GAME. Tacko does NOT belong anywhere NEAR an all star team. This is so DUMB!!!!

*a month and a half later*

What the gently caress the score was 217-195??? Players need to take this poo poo more seriously what the gently caress!!!?

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

MOVIE MAJICK posted:

Does Lowry get in on the coach vote?

I think he has to. He's arguably playing as well or better than any other guard in the East. Kemba has .9 more winshares and a higher PER but some of that might just be the result of 7 more games played.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

BWV posted:

I think he has to. He's arguably playing as well or better than any other guard in the East. Kemba has .9 more winshares and a higher PER but some of that might just be the result of 7 more games played.

Kemba's got a higher WS/48 as well though. Either is a fine choice for the starting lineup imo, they're both balling out. Kyrie is the real dweeb choice here cuz he's played a total of 11 games and his team was awful while he was playing

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica
As Neitche says, time is a flat Earth

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

BWV posted:

for the record, that would affect win shares (a counting stat, technically) but not PER (a rate stat albeit not the best one)

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Didn't Darren Collison willingly retire? Why suddenly come back, did his religion require more blood money

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Declan MacManus posted:

for the record, that would affect win shares (a counting stat, technically) but not PER (a rate stat albeit not the best one)

Yeah my bad I only meant for WS but as CBM pointed out Kemba's would still be higher as he has better win shares per 48.

Cool Buff Man posted:

Kemba's got a higher WS/48 as well though. Either is a fine choice for the starting lineup imo, they're both balling out. Kyrie is the real dweeb choice here cuz he's played a total of 11 games and his team was awful while he was playing

My highly focused analysis was limited to the first stats I saw in basketball reference as I wasn't in the mood to scroll down.

Anyway, put Kyle and Kemba in the backcourt and stream a second game on twitch for all the 13 year olds voting Trae and Kyrie in.