Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nut
Jul 30, 2019

How can you not want them eighth seed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

https://twitter.com/malika_andrews/status/1213583066318409728?s=19

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Carlosologist posted:

I was thinking about this the other day but remember when Danny Ainge almost gave up the Nets picks for Frank Kaminsky

Tae posted:

Wasn't the pick supposed to for Justice Winslow, but then the Hornets picked frank

Yes, Danny never wanted Frank Kaminsky lol

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Cool Buff Man posted:

Yes, Danny never wanted Frank Kaminsky lol

only jordan wanting big beef frank prevented ainge from cashing in all of his ASSETS for justise winslow though, which is pretty funny

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

R.D. Mangles posted:

only jordan wanting big beef frank prevented ainge from cashing in all of his ASSETS for justise winslow though, which is pretty funny

The people who are most eager to believe that one are also the people who complain about the Celtics leaking false stuff so you can't have it both ways

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
I don't believe it, glad I still have permission to make Danny Tried jokes

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Cool Buff Man posted:

The people who are most eager to believe that one are also the people who complain about the Celtics leaking false stuff so you can't have it both ways

i believe it, i saw dany ainge myself driving a big truck that said "ASSETS" on it to the Glienicke Bridge ready to exchange them for the rights to draft Justise Winslow except at the last minute Jordan appeared and tough luck, i have taken Big Curd Frank before disappearing in a haze of smoke.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
Both very reasonable opinions imho

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

nut posted:

How can you not want them eighth seed

I want them in it

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Clippers with no Paul George or Pat Beverly, but hey, a win is a win! They looked great doing it too!

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

luka minsky

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

Tae posted:

Tacko wtf

Going by the off-court eye test he looks like a biogenetically enhanced 7.5 foot tall KG.

bornbytheriver posted:

2) Bucks do not have a legitimate 2nd star, it's Giannis and them guys

We're almost halfway through the season and the Bucks have an SRS over 12. George Hill has a very high WS/48 also. Short of getting one of the top five or so guys in the league I don't think they should be messing with the team.

Every year the NBA ASG voting results are a great harbinger and reminder that democracy is a doomed concept.

Devin Booker should have more votes.

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

AggressivelyStupid posted:

Zogobot, who is the player that made an allstar team with the worst team record?

John Block was in the 1973 ASG representing the 9-73 76ers.

Spacebump posted:

Found this on reddit.

A fan runs into Rondo and "confuses" him for CP3.
https://streamable.com/sfwkf

:lol:

Tae posted:

76ers beat bucks on christmas, masks the fact that casuals won't notice they lost enough to go down to 5th

Holiday games are a prime time for referees/the league to shape false narratives.

nut
Jul 30, 2019

In the absence of siakim, gasol, Powell, and Thomas, it turns out the raptors have a bit of difficulty shooting

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

(Totally agree re democracy being doomed.)

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
https://twitter.com/FredKatz/status/1213603601203027968?s=20

Obliterated dick confirmed

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

He's well past his Shaq Fu prime. I feel like I could defeat him with double tiger head hook swords or a three-section chain whip. Maybe even box-standard nunchakus. IDK for sure.

Lockback posted:

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/28406470/from-charles-barkley-joel-embiid-fight-modernize-nba-big-man

I m mean, prime Shaq would be an MVP guy in any era but I am not sure Giannis is the right comparison.

He's kind of right in a few ways if Giannis gets really fat/big in the next few seasons.

Paul Zuvella posted:

Draymond Green took 4 shots in a game where the next best player on his team was Alec Burks lmao

Draymond Green's precipitous fall from MVP contention is an underreported story this year. All those writers should send out mea culpas on the front pages of large newspapers.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

can't believe you dingdongs ever let one guy talk you into thinking kevin love was bad

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

Steve Kerr wants NBA “to get back to the point where players need to earn fouls”
https://sports.yahoo.com/steve-kerr-wants-nba-back-000013579.html

colachute posted:

I don’t think anyone in the NBA would be able to stop Shaq in the paint. He was too massive.

Dennis Rodman was able to lower his center of gravity and then fight off Shaq like he was a man-sized ant.

Spacebump posted:

If I was a player that was on the fringe of getting voted in(or their agent), I'd pay a several grand for a Chinese click farm to vote the player in. I'd also pay off a few random lower tier media guys and players. I wonder what the punishment for getting caught would be. I don't think there are any rules against this currently.

For all the NBA players are gangsters/thug rhetoric it is disappointing that I don't recall any threatening media voters over player awards etc. Just some impotent grumbling.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

so everything seems really good in cleveland

kudos to the white randy moss for embracing the era of player empowerment tho

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

Declan MacManus posted:

so everything seems really good in cleveland

https://twitter.com/jgsiegel/status/1213611554542800896?s=20

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

Zogo posted:

Dennis Rodman was able to lower his center of gravity and then fight off Shaq like he was a man-sized ant.

You’re exaggerating a bit.

Shaq’s lowest point total against a team with Rodman on it was 17 his rookie year. He averaged 26/12 lifetime against him.

If that’s handled like an ant then Shaq is unquestionably the greatest player of all time.

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

Milestone alert. LBJ poised to become the fourth player to reach 2,000 FGNP soon:

code:
FGNP	Player
3368	Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
3204	Shaquille O'Neal
2651	Artis Gilmore
1978	LeBron James
1931	Dwight Howard
1865	Wilt Chamberlain
1803	Charles Barkley
1543	Reggie Miller
Joining the three greatest offensive centers in NBA/ABA history. LBJ just puts the ball through the hoop regardless of depending on the referee whistle.

FGNP = PTS - FT - FGA

Bulls chairman Jerry Reinsdorf reflects on David Stern's monumental legacy
https://sports.yahoo.com/bulls-chairman-jerry-reinsdorf-reflects-235459000.html

:lol:

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

"drat we gotta get john henson the ball" -john henson

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel

Zogo posted:

I was once poo-pooed on twitter for answering that dennis rodman could defend Shaq, they maintained LA Shaq was unguardable and Rodman only could defend Young Fast Shaq

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

I don't understand if Beilein just doesn't care or if he's a loving dipshit but how he lets the guards just play selfish rear end basketball is beyond me. Yeah Kevin is throwing a baby tantrum but he's also kinda justified when both guards are averaging like two assists a game.

Also you signed a giant extension that isn't going to be easy to move when you're over the hill, missed half a season, and now you're pouting and punching chairs. Maybe you should have not done that

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Declan MacManus posted:

"drat we gotta get john henson the ball" -john henson

"drat we gotta get john henson at the mall" - mke cops

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun

Cool Buff Man posted:

lmao.

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel

I don't understand if Beilein just doesn't care or if he's a loving dipshit but how he lets the guards just play selfish rear end basketball is beyond me. Yeah Kevin is throwing a baby tantrum but he's also kinda justified when both guards are averaging like two assists a game.

Also you signed a giant extension that isn't going to be easy to move when you're over the hill, missed half a season, and now you're pouting and punching chairs. Maybe you should have not done that

My baby boys needs to score. I guess they could keep feeding kevin love open 3s that he does not make

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

Their other options are/were Jordan Clarkson, Dante Exum and Matthew Dellavedova so I'm not sure where those guard assists are coming to come from regardless

creamcorn
Oct 26, 2007

automatic gun for fast, continuous firing
edit: didn't realize clarkson got traded, this take is too spicy for reality.

creamcorn fucked around with this message at 03:03 on Jan 5, 2020

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

morestuff posted:

Their other options are/were Jordan Clarkson, Dante Exum and Matthew Dellavedova so I'm not sure where those guard assists are coming to come from regardless

this was always the risk that the cavs were gonna run starting garland and sexton; both of them excel at creating their own shot off the dribble and neither one is a traditional pass-first point guard so by default the best playmaker in that starting lineup is probably love

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

morestuff posted:

Delly averaged more assists than both but he's extremely cooked and shooting like 2% from 3 so things are dire

either way send Garland and Sexton to the goddamn gleague

also start Kevin Porter Jr

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Cool Buff Man posted:

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

This is incredible.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
There's more!

https://twitter.com/BrkBlkc98/status/1213163563000438784?s=20

https://twitter.com/BrkBlkc98/status/1213170509489287168?s=20

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/EverythingCLE_/status/1213635357868212224?s=19

From the current game just before half time, notice who is defending Kevin

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

https://twitter.com/EverythingCLE_/status/1213635357868212224?s=19

From the current game just before half time, notice who is defending Kevin

in kev's defense sexton is just dribbling the fuckin air out of the ball but woof cedi doesn't deserve that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

oh no yeah I fully agree with Kevin's meltdown on that one, notice Sexton has the ball in a lot of the meltdown videos