Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

Is Sexton real bad or is my dude K. Love just being a big crybaby?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Coaches like ISOs at the end of games becuase they reduce turnovers (including offensive fouls) and control the clock

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

euphronius posted:

Coaches like ISOs at the end of games becuase they reduce turnovers (including offensive fouls) and control the clock

James Harden: always a 4th quarter mentality.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

colachute posted:

He's not great but he's also being forced to do poo poo that he shouldn't be forced to do

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
This was a cool dunk https://streamable.com/lx9e4

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

If the 76ers forced Ben Simmons to run the offense from the 4 the entire game and just play 2 guards who can shoot they would be amazing. This obsession with coddling him and letting him play the actual one is so bizzare.

Signing horford was so obviously a horrible idea and should be a fireable offense

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Brett Brown is a bum too

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
Maybe the Sixers could trade Horford for Dragic+ or something

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

How often have the Grizz been wearing the old Vancouver uniforms this year? I assumed that would be a one-time thing.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Horford isn't washed, he's just the 5th scoring option. Still needs to be traded.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

a new study bible! posted:

Horford isn't washed, he's just the 5th scoring option. Still needs to be traded.

It doesn’t matter if he’s washed or not, he’s the 4th best big on the floor when he is starting and that will always mean he is pointless

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Cool Buff Man posted:

Maybe the Sixers could trade Horford for Dragic+ or something

Ben Simmons for Schroder

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Paul Zuvella posted:

If the 76ers forced Ben Simmons to run the offense from the 4 the entire game and just play 2 guards who can shoot they would be amazing. This obsession with coddling him and letting him play the actual one is so bizzare.

Signing horford was so obviously a horrible idea and should be a fireable offense

Milwaukee puts a center, 2 versatile wing players and a combo guard next to Giannis and that seems like it works really well and is pretty obviously the right way to construct it when you have a guy like that as your primary ball handler. I don't think Simmons is Giannis, but they at least both play that "Point PF" role.

They got killed in the playoffs whenever Embiid sat and, yeah, you gotta solve that but using a near-max slot seems like a huge overkill way to solving that.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.

Paul Zuvella posted:

They have Simmons and Horford and no one for them to pass to for open shots.

The whole concept of going big when a lot of the league has gone smaller isn't bad by itself, but the Sixers roster just doesn't make sense when it comes to maximizing player skillsets.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

colachute posted:

Sexton is not a good point guard.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

colachute posted:

https://twitter.com/YahooSportsNBA/status/1213653167679762432

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

colachute posted:

He sucks real bad

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

the cavs are very bad at very simple things so I can see why Big Kev is being a sad boi.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

https://twitter.com/neverEnough32/status/1213600625268801541

hahaha

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Is there even really a team that can afford Love's deal that he'd be a good fit on?

de curry GOAT
Oct 23, 2005

Lmfao he’s fed up 😭

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Imagine not having a culture that has your vets embracing the young guys and competing hard every game lmao

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Is there even really a team that can afford Love's deal that he'd be a good fit on?

Maybe the Rockets but the Cavs aren't interested in trading him to a team with no first round picks for the next like five years just to get Eric Gordon and Nene

every now and then I think about the fact that the Rockets turned three first round picks, two first round pick swaps, Pat Bev, Harrell and Sweet Lou into Russ

lmbo

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

de curry GOAT posted:

Lmfao he’s fed up 😭

I guess he had Paul guarding him in the post and instead of exploiting that the coach was yelling at him to set a screen for Sexton for some drat reason

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

WhyteRyce posted:

I guess he had Paul guarding him in the post and instead of exploiting that the coach was yelling at him to set a screen for Sexton for some drat reason

And TT doesn't even bother to set a screen despite the coach yelling at him to do so.

de curry GOAT
Oct 23, 2005

Why set a screen for someone that won’t pass

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I would definitely trade Russ for K Love straight up

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Cp3 has played more consecutive games as a thunder than he ever did in Houston lol

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Bring Kevin back to Minnesota.

Something like Teague's expiring deal, maybe toss in Okogie or something.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Dedmon and Ariza for Love

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Metapod posted:

Cp3 has played more consecutive games as a thunder than he ever did in Houston lol

Can't handle the pressure of playing for a winner

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
Love for Batum and a lotto protected first would be pretty dumb but I could see Charlotte biting

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel

MourningView posted:

He sucks real bad

Wrong

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Love for Lee, Powell, and a 2nd rounder pls.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Lockback posted:

Milwaukee puts a center, 2 versatile wing players and a combo guard next to Giannis and that seems like it works really well and is pretty obviously the right way to construct it when you have a guy like that as your primary ball handler. I don't think Simmons is Giannis, but they at least both play that "Point PF" role.

They got killed in the playoffs whenever Embiid sat and, yeah, you gotta solve that but using a near-max slot seems like a huge overkill way to solving that.

Giannis is willing to take at least cursory jumpshots though instead of being an offensively easy to predict absolute coward.

big boi
Jun 11, 2007

Intruder posted:

I would definitely trade Russ for K Love straight up

Love on the Rockets a second time (the first time he was not as good as he is now and named Ryan Anderson) could be pretty goddamn fun

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/kirkgoldsberry/status/1213894590916448256

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

seems like being an inefficient jump shooter corresponds to being an MVP candidate. The most logical conclusion is that people need to start missing more shots and Sexton and Wiggins are actually good.

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel

i do not care about this

Brolander fucked around with this message at 20:45 on Jan 5, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Holy poo poo the Thunder are in the 7 seed and the 8 is 6 GAMES BACK in the loss column. God drat.