Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Kings are dog poo poo but somehow like 2 games out

It's hilarious how perfectly things were set up for the Kings to finally make the playoffs and Vlade hosed it up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Holy poo poo the Thunder are in the 7 seed and the 8 is 6 GAMES BACK in the loss column. God drat.

That's what happens when the wcf loser goes into rebuilding mode

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

I want the Kings to make the playoffs

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun

what i see is a list of courageous people

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Sexton right behind Davis, clearly a superstar in the making

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
I'm surprised to see Jokic on that list since it FEELS like he's a good midranger shooter. Davis just takes those because if he hits a couple defenses will generally defend him on the perimeter which gives him a lot of space to operate.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Rick posted:

I'm surprised to see Jokic on that list since it FEELS like he's a good midranger shooter. Davis just takes those because if he hits a couple defenses will generally defend him on the perimeter which gives him a lot of space to operate.

Jokic's underrated as h ell post game is his deadliest scoring asset and he's historically been pretty good from midrange, although that's in a slump this season. His 3 pt shooting has tanked these last couple of years though but that's whatever with a bunch of shooters around him

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
https://twitter.com/NekiasNBA/status/1213946189848207362?s=19

Hopkins FBI
Jan 4, 2015

MY SACRED POSTING VOW IS NOTHING, FOR WHILE I STAKED MY HONOR UPON MY COMMITMENT TO NEVER SUPPORT JOSEPH R. B. JUNIOR I HAVE SCANDALOUSLY ABANDONED MY PRINCIPLES
Theory of a Dedmon

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
Russ is poop from a butt

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I'm glad Russ and Jim are on the same team again so everyone can see how bad Russ is by comparison

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

everyone likes luka yet look at this poo poo

https://twitter.com/LBJamesHarden/status/1213898413411975168

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Russ is the reason harden is playing so well and all he gets is hate from Houston. They deserve the inevitable humiliating playoff loss

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Luka is everything people hate about Harden with none of the good stuff

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
I'm usually with you metapod but "Russ is the reason harden is playing so well" is a wild one

ChickenMedium
Sep 2, 2001
Forum Veteran And Professor Emeritus of Condiment Studies

Cool Buff Man posted:

I'm usually with you metapod but "Russ is the reason harden is playing so well" is a wild one

Russ takes all the bad shots so only good shots are left for James. A good teammate.

chilihead
Nov 5, 2010

Is this real life, or is this fantasy?

WhyteRyce posted:

Kings are dog poo poo but somehow like 2 games out

It's hilarious how perfectly things were set up for the Kings to finally make the playoffs and Vlade hosed it up

Could talk about Doncic but why did he take the trial run on Barnes and still re sign him to big money.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

ChickenMedium posted:

Russ takes all the bad shots so only good shots are left for James. A good teammate.

You underestimates Harden's ability to take bad shots

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

Cool Buff Man posted:

im suggesting a so called russ assist wherein you chuck so much that the other players on your team start taking shots just so you dont get the ball. hardens shots are largely set up in this way

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

chilihead posted:

Could talk about Doncic but why did he take the trial run on Barnes and still re sign him to big money.

Because Barnes is actually good??? Like, he did really well on the trial run and he's no where near the top 10 problems we have

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

luka is white walt williams

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Cool Buff Man posted:

One summer I'll sit down learn how to make those cool looking graphs and graphics then make the russ effect book then people will understand

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

I can't blame Vlade for passing on Luka. It's clear he's selfish and doesn't play winning basketball. He puts up empty counting numbers that don't win games. It's clear they would hit a ceiling fast with him and starting over would be tough because if you trade him down the road you'd get idiots that don't understand basketball calling for your head. Now with Bagley, even if he sucks, which is not true, it's much easier to move him and start over. This is the four dimensional chess that Vlade does better than anyone else

Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010

Intruder posted:

It's cuz Harden isos 4x as often as Luka. Nearly 11 fewer isos a game, replaced by beautiful pick and roll basketball, for the discerning consumer the choice is clear

The Mavs clutch offense is butt though

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

WhyteRyce posted:

I can't blame Vlade for passing on Luka. It's clear he's selfish and doesn't play winning basketball. He puts up empty counting numbers that don't win games. It's clear they would hit a ceiling fast with him and starting over would be tough because if you trade him down the road you'd get idiots that don't understand basketball calling for your head. Now with Bagley, even if he sucks, which is not true, it's much easier to move him and start over. This is the four dimensional chess that Vlade does better than anyone else

source your quotes

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Dutchy posted:

It's cuz Harden isos 4x as often as Luka. Nearly 11 fewer isos a game, replaced by beautiful pick and roll basketball, for the discerning consumer the choice is clear

Please refer to my previous comment about Luka

Intruder posted:

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Luka is Yvonne Chouteau with a ball

mrnoun
Jul 24, 2007

Intruder posted:

He can't be. Sacramento drafted Walt.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Intruder posted:

Fuckkkkkk

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun

Dutchy posted:

luka doesn't have killer instinct confirmed

Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010
I dunno why Luka hating Twitter people comb his 4 nightly isos for turnovers and stuff to post with a vomit emoji when they could just post ref whining and off-ball defense. You could get like a three minute supercut out of that every game

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Metapod posted:

One summer I'll sit down learn how to make those cool looking graphs and graphics then make the russ effect book then people will understand

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I don't know why basketball people desperately need a white savior when Jason Williams got less than half of the respect he deserved

Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010

Intruder posted:

I don't know why basketball people desperately need a white savior when Jason Williams got less than half of the respect he deserved

I can't even get people to agree Dirk is better than Carmelo Anthony half the time

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Dutchy posted:

I can't even get people to agree Dirk is better than Carmelo Anthony half the time

lol ok that's just ridiculous

Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010

Intruder posted:

lol ok that's just ridiculous

This is going back in the day but when the Book of Basketball came out I posted on a smaller forum and we did a collective forum Top 50 players thing and I was the only voter to put Dirk in my top 50. By that point he had passed Magic Johnson in win shares

The title changed things a bit ofc

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Lmao

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel

i see a guy burning clock up 4 with 1 minute to go?

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

throwing up a doomed oop attempt as the shot clock expires up 4 with a minute to go against a team that lost its only good player

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Intruder posted:

Luka runs the best offense in NBA history...Harden doesn't and his signature move is flailing into other players hoping to get free throws.