Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
oh my god my "please put me on ignore" post made me realize the forums still let you put AIM/ICQ IDs in your profile

what the gently caress is this

Tae posted:

I'm gonna laugh if the near-all rookie grizzlies make the playoffs over a decade of failure kings

it'll be extremely good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Intruder posted:

oh my god my "please put me on ignore" post made me realize the forums still let you put AIM/ICQ IDs in your profile

what the gently caress is this

one time i took too many edibles and i became anxious and worried that the entire forum had put me on ignore and i was just posting to myself.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

BWV posted:

one time i took too many edibles and i became anxious and worried that the entire forum had put me on ignore and i was just posting to myself.

that might be a relief tbh

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

BWV posted:

lol. An early contender for best post in the NBA January N/V thread.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

BWV posted:

I bet Ben Simmons gets a similar couch lock feeling with a wide open 15 footer in front of him.

Schlieren
Jan 7, 2005

LEZZZZZZZZZBIAN CRUSH

BWV posted:

They have. And you are.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Intruder posted:

I've barely posted ITT until the Luka stuff, so unless you mean that or my constant Roman Reigns stanning I don't know what you're referring to

I meant the Luka posting and the Brady posting TBH but let's not get deep into that here shall we? :)

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 2000
When you have Russell Westbrook on your team you need an outlet.

This is a safe space Intruder. Russ cant hurt you here.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

That's my secret, Athanatos

Russ always hurts me

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

Okay, I'll admit it took me a bit to get into it... But I think I kinda love this!! I'm Spider-Man!! I'm actually Spider-Man!! HA!
Roman Reigns is good, like Luka Doncic

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
Everyone shut up right now

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Intruder posted:

That's my secret, Athanatos

Russ always hurts me

I understand. Do you miss Chris? :(

Vinestalk
Jul 2, 2011

BWV posted:

Oh gently caress, what up Dion?

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

WhyteRyce posted:

Luka is a selfish player, this is something we all agree on. Normally this wouldn't be a big deal, lots of great players play like this. But unlike most other players, he has forged none of the deep ties to other players they comes from being brought up together in the AAU system or blood bonds that come from college alma maters. And he's from another country. Players don't trust or know him. Especially since they were taught in history classes that he's from a region that basically started World War One.

The closest Luka will get to relationships like this are with other foreign born players. And that already is showing signs it won't work since his supposed BFF Bogdan already convinced Vlade not to draft him.

Luka can never and will never be part of a super team because of this

I like your reasoning, but there's a caveat. Kawhi just gave the Clippers a list of guys he'd play with. He wasn't friends with Paul George, he just wanted a guy who played offense and defense on the wing with him. You can say he's a special case, but when there are so few superstars, they're all special cases

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

I gave you a perfect setup to pontificate about the intricacies of Balkan culture and history and you instead bit on that part???

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

WhyteRyce posted:

Luka is a selfish player, this is something we all agree on. Normally this wouldn't be a big deal, lots of great players play like this. But unlike most other players, he has forged none of the deep ties to other players they comes from being brought up together in the AAU system or blood bonds that come from college alma maters. And he's from another country. Players don't trust or know him. Especially since they were taught in history classes that he's from a region that basically started World War One.

The closest Luka will get to relationships like this are with other foreign born players. And that already is showing signs it won't work since his supposed BFF Bogdan already convinced Vlade not to draft him.

Luka can never and will never be part of a super team because of this

I'd be pretty upset if my team messed up drafting Luka for a guy that hasn't played a season worth of games yet but other players not liking him is simply not true. If you watch enough Mavs games, you'll catch on. Examples include how LeBron/the Brow reacted when they thought he might be hurt in the last Lakers game, how any player on the Mavs last year has behaved around him this year, or when D'Lo told him "My brotha, keep ballin. MVP coming soon."

Spacebump fucked around with this message at 08:51 on Jan 6, 2020

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

WhyteRyce posted:

I gave you a perfect setup to pontificate about the intricacies of Balkan culture and history and you instead bit on that part???

I appreciate the set up but the truth is that Slovenes are snobs who don't really want to be associated with Serbs/Croats/Albanians. They even think Slovaks are dumb hicks. As mrnoun's joke insinuated, it's sort of the Duke of the region.

They'd be much more comfortable with Germans or Baltic people, and you see this in the Mavs roster. Sabonis Doncic Porzingis superteam?? Maybe one of these young german guards of african descent will come to Dallas

Don't forget he spent his teens playing pro ball in Spain, so you could bring the next spanish star over too. There are some doors open for this hateful selfish snob (lie) (joke)

Dejan Bimble fucked around with this message at 09:36 on Jan 6, 2020

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Slovenia seems pretty cool when described to me whereas Duke does not seem like a place I'd like to live near.

Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010
I covet Sabonis too much for him to ever actually become a Mav, unfortunately

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

quote:

Rui Hachimura says he may wear a cup: "I'm thinking like something, wearing [a cup]. Like in football, everybody wears [a cup]. I think in basketball, we need to start wearing that type of stuff, too."

This dudes cock got completely loving obliterated

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring
Very proud of Dennis Schröder who took the mantle from Russ and is keeping OKC afloat.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Looking forward to the 30 for 30 about rebuilding a dick from scratch.

Algund Eenboom
May 4, 2014

Cool Buff Man posted:

Ball is life

nut
Jul 30, 2019

you don't know what you got til it's firmly kicked up into your esophagus

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Cool Buff Man posted:

It’s true. This man has no dick

Then Rui Hachimura is dead

Spacebump posted:

I'd be pretty upset if my team messed up drafting Luka for a guy that hasn't played a season worth of games yet but other players not liking him is simply not true. If you watch enough Mavs games, you'll catch on. Examples include how LeBron/the Brow reacted when they thought he might be hurt in the last Lakers game, how any player on the Mavs last year has behaved around him this year, or when D'Lo told him "My brotha, keep ballin. MVP coming soon."

Urge to defend Luka from elaborate joke posts...overwhelming...must...embarrass myself...

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

Slovenia is just Italy

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

SamuraiFoochs posted:

I understand. Do you miss Chris? :(

By comparison? Yes

Pat is the one I truly miss though

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
I was there for two entire days and I can conclusively rule that Slovenia is good

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel
Rui “ned balls” Hachimura

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

BWV posted:

It’s ok Dion, you’re a star

The Grizzlies are in the 8 seed! :swoon:

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
I started dating an Albanian recently and she tries her best to teach me about Balkan politics and I’m like “ah, that reminds me of the story with these NBA players”

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
Do you think Kobe ever called someone a "loving chetnik" on the court?

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Henchman of Santa posted:

I started dating an Albanian recently and she tries her best to teach me about Balkan politics and I’m like “ah, that reminds me of the story with these NBA players”

It's remarkable how much the NBA and these forums in particular have destroyed our ability to interact with normal human beings.

mrnoun posted:

Luka never really had a chance to fit in with other NBA players. Slovenia historically has mostly been a duchy. And when it comes to basketball, everyone hates Dukes.

This is really good joke.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
I don't want my boi sabonis playing with hollow bone zinger but a luka dom pnr would be sick

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

Lockback posted:

It's remarkable how much the NBA and these forums in particular have destroyed our ability to interact with normal human beings.

i often find myself thinking things like “well that happened in 1999 and that doesn’t really count because of the lockout” and i wonder how i came down with this very basketball-specific autism

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Jack's Flow posted:

Very proud of Dennis Schröder who took the mantle from Russ and is keeping OKC afloat.

His defense makes the 3 pg not only viable but deadly. His name deserves more respect

mrnoun
Jul 24, 2007

Declan MacManus posted:

i often find myself thinking things like “well that happened in 1999 and that doesn’t really count because of the lockout” and i wonder how i came down with this very basketball-specific autism

To this day, I refuse to recognize Mohammed VI as king of Morocco. Crowned in 1999? Pssh, doesn't count.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Trying to teach Balkan’s history is a war crime I believe especially 90s history

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

Rick posted:

Slovenia seems pretty cool when described to me whereas Duke does not seem like a place I'd like to live near.

The Research Triangle isn't that bad actually, even if NC's statewide politics are obviously terrible

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
omg I just realized the reason the Luka Doncic could speak Spanish at that Mexico City game was because he played in Spain. I was thinking he was just like really good with languages.