Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...

Metapod posted:

I did not read the article because I don't want reality to ruin this https://twitter.com/RealGM/status/1226947505478348801

said Brian Windhorst on his podcast.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

The Walrus posted:

AMP link for non paywall: https://www.thestar.com/amp/sports/...ampionship.html

what a little baby idiot. I guess the long delay is because it took him a while to find a lawyer that would represent him cause his case is a loving joke.

lol I hope they can countersue him into the dirt for libel/slander (whichever it is)

Memnaelar
Feb 21, 2013

WHO is the goodest girl?

got some chores tonight posted:

said Brian Windhorst on his podcast.

I don't get it. Why would Embiid be the one they move?

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Memnaelar posted:

Biggest return?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Metapod posted:

I did not read the article because I don't want reality to ruin this https://twitter.com/RealGM/status/1226947505478348801

If it’s him or Simmons, I’d go Simmons

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe

quote:

In a federal lawsuit filed Friday in California, sheriff’s deputy Alan Strickland says Ujiri hit him in the face and chest with both fists during an altercation near the court at Oracle Arena on June 13, 2019

Is this like, the 4th or 5th revision of this dude’s story?

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe

Memnaelar posted:

They have a promising young backup Center

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Biggest return?

Simmons is the higher ceiling (when considering injury risk)

Imho. Simmons is really good and looks like he can get a lot better

Edit

It’s pretty clear those two can not optimally coexist on the offensive side of the ball.

euphronius fucked around with this message at 21:01 on Feb 10, 2020

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
If Philly squeezed out that game 7 win against Toronto last year, I think they go the rest of the way. I don't understand this "You can't play Simmons and Embiid Together" thing.

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007

Lockback posted:

If Philly squeezed out that game 7 win against Toronto last year, I think they go the rest of the way. I don't understand this "You can't play Simmons and Embiid Together" thing.

championships are won in the regular season

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
I don't think Brown comes up with the 4 man wall to stop giannis drives in the ecf

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Lockback posted:

They had James butler last year

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
"Rival GMs are preparing for the possibility of a trade" is like the lowest form of trade rumor

Algund Eenboom
May 4, 2014

leftist heap posted:

Is this like, the 4th or 5th revision of this dude’s story?

I think hes claiming masai did a hadouken on him

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Memnaelar posted:

When talent levels are similar, take the one that can dribble (and thus, create) at a higher level.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

morestuff posted:

"Rival GMs are preparing for the possibility of a trade" is like the lowest form of trade rumor

He has a history of weird poo poo re: Embiid.
https://twitter.com/RealMattCarey/status/1226951621122371584?s=19

Professorjuggalo
Oct 22, 2019

by Cyrano4747

Kibner posted:

When talent levels are similar, take the one that can dribble (and thus, create) at a higher level.

Simmons can dribble but create? We’re gonna call Simmons a shot creator now?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Professorjuggalo posted:

The past 6 weeks he has been yes . More than he ever has before

He was even running PnRs last night . (As the ball handler)

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Professorjuggalo posted:

Yeah he's an incredible passer lol

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

euphronius posted:

They had James butler last year

So that's a roster construction problem then, not a "Simmons and Embiid can't play together" problem.

I think Windhorst is just click baiting but there's better ways to try to fix this other than selling off your young cornerstones.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Lockback posted:

So that's a roster construction problem then, not a "Simmons and Embiid can't play together" problem.

I think Windhorst is just click baiting but there's better ways to try to fix this other than selling off your young cornerstones.

Fair enough yeah

Like, if you trade Embiid (assuming for a guard) Giannis suddenly becomes almost unbeatable

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

Lockback posted:

They tried to address the Simmons/Embiid spacing issues by bringing in Al Horford to play the 4 and moving Tobias Harris to the 3. If that didn't work, what will?

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
Seriously most of the Sixers issues magically go away as soon as they can admit they gave $109 million to a backup center. We're not yet sure if that will require a coaching change.

tanglewood1420
Oct 28, 2010

The importance of this mission cannot be overemphasized
I thought them signing Horford was real dumb, but then got sucked in by lots of analysts saying it could work and their hot start, but now I am back to saying it was real dumb.

if they beat the Bucks with Horford as the Giannis stopper I will flipflop again, I'm not too proud

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Horford isn’t the main stopper.

If giannis hits 30% plus from 3 it’s doesn’t matter lamo

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

just to make sure that i'm watching this correctly:

he passes the ball to himself by applying back spin and fakes the bounce pass, then drains a 3?

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Shadow225 posted:

just to make sure that i'm watching this correctly:

he passes the ball to himself by applying back spin and fakes the bounce pass, then drains a 3?

it was deflected by the guy guarding him, it would be a double dribble in your scenario (which is exactly what I initially thought happened too before I realized the coward refs would have shut it down)

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.
Which was the dumber roster construction conceptually? This year's Sixers or last year's Magic decided Lebron James shouldn't have shooters Lakers?

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

SunshineDanceParty posted:

Which was the dumber roster construction conceptually? This year's Sixers or last year's Magic decided Lebron James shouldn't have shooters Lakers?

its this years 76ers and its not even loving close

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Paul Zuvella posted:

I hear you and see your point BUT

It was built:
1. To beat the bucks
2. Under the reasonable assumption Simmons would shoot

1. Is true. 2? Idk. Maybe they should have known he wouldn’t

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

Paul Zuvella posted:

:allears:

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

euphronius posted:

It was built:
1. To beat the bucks

They are paying a 30 million a year for a backup center and they cant beat the bucks anyway so

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

Okay, I'll admit it took me a bit to get into it... But I think I kinda love this!! I'm Spider-Man!! I'm actually Spider-Man!! HA!

euphronius posted:

It was built:
1. To beat the bucks

I don't think it's that unreasonable to think Horford was going to be a good stretch 4. Then again he's 33 and they gave him a long contract

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

jackofarcades posted:

I don't think it's that unreasonable to think Horford was going to be a good stretch 4. Then again he's 33 and they gave him a long contract

He's literally played his entire career at the 5 and that was before he was 33

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
The magic Lakers were built way dumber

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Paul Zuvella posted:

He's literally played his entire career at the 5 and that was before he was 33

He’s was like 50/50 last year

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..

The Walrus posted:

AMP link for non paywall: https://www.thestar.com/amp/sports/...ampionship.html

what a little baby idiot. I guess the long delay is because it took him a while to find a lawyer that would represent him cause his case is a loving joke.

quote:

The suit claims Ujiri’s actions were “foreseeable” based on what it cites as Ujiri’s “previous altercations involving similar circumstances.” The Raptors, Maple Leaf Sports and Entertainment and the NBA were also named in the suit. They’re all accused of failing to warn the plaintiff of Ujiri’s “violent predisposition” and “propensity for physical violence prior to his assault on (Strickland).”

The suit, which seeks medical expenses, lost wages and other damages, also accuses the defendants of failing to “provide adequate safety and security to the public” and “failing to post signs warning of danger, including the danger of Masai Ujiri.”

Do you think the mall cop is going to bring up "gently caress Brooklyn" in court?

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

Paul Zuvella posted:

They are paying a 30 million a year for a backup center and they cant beat the bucks anyway so

I don't know if they can beat the Bucks, but backing up the best Giannis defender in the NBA with another guy who has defended Giannis well and also having the best 3pt defense in the NBA seems like a good place to start from.

NotWearingPants fucked around with this message at 23:07 on Feb 10, 2020

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

Hand Knit posted:

Do you think the mall cop is going to bring up "gently caress Brooklyn" in court?

Maybe Masai has some kind of sordid past that will be revealed in court and my admiration of him will only grow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
Hm, looks like this Masai guy is an unemployable criminal, guess the other teams can gently caress off and stop trying to poach him from Toronto.