Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
Kobe and David Stern and staring down at the NBA and betting on whether Houston or Philly gets knocked out first.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
If Kawhi wins a title this year, it will be his first time to do so without a current all-star teammate.

dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

:stat:man
Things were better before they moved the trade deadline to before the all star break.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Lockback posted:

Kobe and David Stern and staring down at the NBA and betting on whether Houston or Philly gets knocked out first.

probably staring up but the second part is still true

Katana_Warrior
Dec 25, 2009

Spacebump posted:

If Kawhi wins a title this year, it will be his first time to do so without a current all-star teammate.

Do you know what the last time a team won a title with only one all star? If it's happened at all.

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

Katana_Warrior posted:

Do you know what the last time a team won a title with only one all star? If it's happened at all.
If you mean within that year, it's happened a fair number but a lot of those cases are pretty unsatisfying.

2016 Cavaliers: LeBron
2014 Spurs: Parker
2011 Mavs: Nowitzki
2004 Pistons: B. Wallace
2003 Spurs: Duncan

Like Kyrie was hurt early in the year and no one paid any attention to Billups at that point.

Katana_Warrior
Dec 25, 2009

Spring Break My Heart posted:

If you mean within that year, it's happened a fair number but a lot of those cases are pretty unsatisfying.

Like Kyrie was hurt early in the year and no one paid any attention to Billups at that point.

All this tells me is that I'm terrible at remembering who made the all star team in any year other than the previous one. Was kevin love hurt at the beginning of 2016, or was he just saving his energy to lock down steph?

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...

Katana_Warrior posted:

If you mean only 1 career all-star, that's a tough one. The 94 Rockets come close, but Sam Cassell and Otis Thorpe made the all-star team once each.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Spring Break My Heart posted:

Ben Wallace was the only in that year's all-star game but Sheed was the biggest star on the team.

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun
blessed thread title

Paperback Writer
May 1, 2006

and Klay just made the all star team in 2015 because there were 3 injuries

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
i hope the cavs beat the warriors but woo i aint holding my breath

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Paperback Writer posted:

and Klay just made the all star team in 2015 because there were 3 injuries

If the idea was to figure out one star teams I'm not going to allow the drat 2015 Warriors since it was "common wisdom" to drool over the Warriors having 3 top 15ish players

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
Zach Lowe writing about Christian Wood makes me afraid that they're going to take both Chrissy wood and Durrick Rose away from me. I know this is sekous team, but Christian Wood is a beast.

since the lottery's changed I don't know if it's that big of a problem to lose Drummond. If they just keep rebuilding around sekou, old blake basically just playing ground-bound point forward to shoot step-back threes, they're going to keep kicking in first pick area for the next 3 or 4 years.

and by then you might actually have a decent roster that can do something, after blakes contract is off the books you have room to re-sign somebody good if if if you can find them. Casey really seems to be a good developmental coach.

. Good 11 things I like column out. Stuff about Duncan Robinson, Darius Garland, the bad boy of basketball Dillon Brooks, just a good one.

I haven't watched any college games except MSU this year so I'll save my draft opinions for when I have more than just bullshit to say. I want Cassius Winston on the Pistons though. He's a pocket size bucket maker shot-creator leader defensive stance Spartan Nation East Lansing burning couches Cassius winning

I wonder if you see any 2021 draft picks traded, even from teams that should be really good. the high school players mean there could be busts everywhere or Stars everywhere, you just don't know.
Sorry for the edits phone post

Dejan Bimble fucked around with this message at 02:11 on Feb 2, 2020

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

verbal enema posted:

probably staring up but the second part is still true

I actually tried to reword this to be ambigous but decided to just let it roll with the more obvious wording.

Mechafunkzilla posted:

If you mean only 1 career all-star, that's a tough one. The 94 Rockets come close, but Sam Cassell and Otis Thorpe made the all-star team once each.

PG13 has like 6 so I don't think this year will really qualify unless the Mavs go on some super run.

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
is saturday night basketball on broadcast TV a normal thing? I just realized that I'll be able to watch the sixers with an antenna tonight

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Stevie Lee posted:

is saturday night basketball on broadcast TV a normal thing? I just realized that I'll be able to watch the sixers with an antenna tonight

yeah, ABC has games saturday nights and sunday afternoons after football season ends

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
sick

big boi
Jun 11, 2007

Movie synopsis -- THE CHARITY STRIPE: a talentless man named James Blardin manipulates the game of basketball in order to rescue a single mother named Charity Lewis from doing rear end-to-rear end for five dollars

Paperback Writer
May 1, 2006

Cool Buff Man posted:

If the idea was to figure out one star teams I'm not going to allow the drat 2015 Warriors since it was "common wisdom" to drool over the Warriors having 3 top 15ish players
I wouldn’t call the first title team a one star team, they had like 5 top 50. But Klay and Dray weren’t considered top 15 by anyone that year.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

this dude seems like a Boylen Guy
https://twitter.com/RoFlo/status/1223773372598931457?s=20

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun

i was very confused until i saw this was the coogs

powerful boylen energy

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

Just loving lol.
https://twitter.com/WorldWideWob/status/1223790366647816195?s=19

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel
i love it when tatum and brown have fraternal twin statlines

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

Paperback Writer posted:

I wouldn’t call the first title team a one star team, they had like 5 top 50. But Klay and Dray weren’t considered top 15 by anyone that year.
There was delayed recognition because that was their first year of being really good but Klay was All-NBA that year.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
Man, Holiday is that guy that you just love to have on your team: https://theathletic.com/1576617/?source=twittered

quote:

[...]

After a gut-wrenching loss to the Lakers in AD’s return to the Smoothie King Center, Holiday decided it was time to sit down with Ingram to talk about the natural progression of where the team was heading.

Holiday was the man whom the organization wanted to lead the franchise when AD left town, and it had to do with what he meant to the team as much as what he did on the court.

But with the way Ingram was playing, Holiday wanted to make sure there was no ambiguity: Ingram was the No. 1 option on the team and they were going to follow his lead —even if that meant watching him fail a few times in crunch time while he gained his footing.

And he failed quite a bit as he learned his way. But Holiday’s willingness to toss the keys to a younger player who hasn’t been in New Orleans as long as he has was the push Ingram needed to accept the role that was waiting for him.

The freedom Gentry gave him on the court and Holiday gave him to be the leader of the team allowed Ingram to take his game to an All-Star level, even if he didn’t necessarily see himself getting to that point at this stage of his career.

[...]

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

Annnnnnnnndddddd we can't have anything nice can we.
https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1223810192741191682?s=19

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

local fan shocked when man who gets injured all the time gets injured

hitze
Aug 28, 2007
Give me a dollar. No, the twenty. This is gonna blow your mind...

https://twitter.com/FredKatz/status/1223811311357788160

I gotta start watching games again

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel

Redgrendel2001 posted:

Annnnnnnnndddddd we can't have anything nice can we.
https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1223810192741191682?s=19

like 4th post after that highlight. fuuck

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

The double dribble fakeout move that the top PGs in the league constantly do is insanely unfair to defenders. Kyrie already has amazing handles, he shouldn't be able to completely lock someones ankles by getting no call travels.

MelancholyMark
May 5, 2009

The way Beal fell on his leg did not look good. Was surprised when he got up without help after.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Kyrie's body is breaking down so it's a good thing his conscience has transcended this mortal coil

mrnoun
Jul 24, 2007
Kyrie Scores 54, Escapes Cycle of Samsara, Credits "Mamba Mentality"

MelancholyMark
May 5, 2009

Mike looks like he’s ready to not come off the bench again lol

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
What the gently caress
How did Joel Embiid go 1/11 in an NBA game