Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
where the gently caress is tim duncan

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.

CRISPYBABY posted:

where the gently caress is tim duncan

He's there, for 3 points. Right next to Wilt.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Stink Billyums posted:

lol kobe at 5 points

You'd be... probably unsurprised at how many twitter responses are choosing Kobe.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

What the gently caress are these ratings. Durant for a dollar is loving stupid as hell lol

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

I mean Zion is also a little better than Embiid was but yeah Ja is good and on a team making a surprise playoff run, unless he averages 30+ the rest of the way there isn't really anything Zion can do to make up the gap in games played

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

habeasdorkus posted:

He's there, for 3 points. Right next to Wilt.

Reading is hard gently caress

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

Also I feel like this entire all star draft tweet thing was inspired by Charles 'Allen Iverson' Barkley

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

Paul Zuvella posted:

What the gently caress are these ratings. Durant for a dollar is loving stupid as hell lol

It's some sort of All-Star game specific thing right? There's no other way to justify Vince at 3 points and KD at 1.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

I'm assuming it's this stupid to get people to talk about it. I'm not even a huge NBA fan and I know that some of these valuations are loving insane.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
There should be an all non-star roster thats worth negative points

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

How many points is Curry I can’t find him

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Somehow Curry isn't there, but Melo is.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Sixers looked real good against the Clipps last night. Ben Simmons' spin moves are vicious, Leonard, George and Morris didn't have any answer for it. Embiid was setting good screens all game too to set it up. Clippers interior defense was just getting bullied and it showed in their rebounding.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Doltos posted:

There should be an all non-star roster thats worth negative points

Yeah, I should get like 3 extra points if I start jamaal magloire or something

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Papercut posted:

It's some sort of All-Star game specific thing right? There's no other way to justify Vince at 3 points and KD at 1.

North Carolina. The testicle analysis (voice to text) not going to run a statistical analysis but I'm guessing dollar values whipped up based on famous big number performances in past all Star games, not just talent as basketball players

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Dirk/LeBron/Wilt/Durant/Durant/Durant/Durant/Durant

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
This is from a few nights ago, but I really like the first camera angle:

https://twitter.com/ESPNNBA/status/1225950605622951936

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

Gonna go against the grain, and commit to depth & rotations:

G: Stockton, Wade, West, Gervin
F/C: Durant, Duncan, Dirk, Wilt

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Simmons has been playing out of his mind since New Years

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

If I get all the bottom row and the next one up that gives me the most players so I'm doing that. I've got a full bench, don't know about anyone else.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

euphronius posted:

Simmons has been playing out of his mind since New Years

Y'all have been melting since new year's make up your mind

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Zion is playing better than rookie Embiid yes and also a lot of years younger than rookie Embiid. 4 years ? Or 3

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Metapod posted:

Y'all have been melting since new year's make up your mind

I’ve been consistent that Simmons has been great and that I love him

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

habeasdorkus posted:

V: Stockton/Jordan/LeBron/Durant/Chamberlin

OP took the fun out of it by putting the correct answer in the OP.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

euphronius posted:

Zion is playing better than rookie Embiid yes and also a lot of years younger than rookie Embiid. 4 years ? Or 3

He's going to be a better offensive player for sure. I don't think he really has the same rim protection potential though.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Well yeah they are different positions

Algund Eenboom
May 4, 2014

euphronius posted:

I’ve been consistent that Simmons has been great and that I love him

Literally a week ago

euphronius posted:

No they aren’t fine.

Simmons is destroying the team. I don’t even really blame him I guess.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

I can't believe it but there are posters on r/kings stanning for Vlade saying Vivek made him draft Bagley

Algund Eenboom
May 4, 2014

Euphronius is pulling out all the stops and every wily trick in the book to troll us... and the hosed up thing? It’s working

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

MourningView posted:

I mean Zion is also a little better than Embiid was but yeah Ja is good and on a team making a surprise playoff run, unless he averages 30+ the rest of the way there isn't really anything Zion can do to make up the gap in games played

Embiid was playing much better defense but also not actually a rookie but in his third year so that is sorta expected.

But yeah, unless Ja misses a bunch of games or hits the most brutal rookie wall ever he probably has it wrapped up.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Algund Eenboom posted:

Literally a week ago

Yes that is consistent .

Anyways !!!!!!! They beat the clippers last night with Horford as a sub and things are looking up.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

WhyteRyce posted:

I can't believe it but there are posters on r/kings stanning for Vlade saying Vivek made him draft Bagley

I had they impression Vivek had a history of telling the team that "it's your choice who to pick but you should pick this guy". That's not too defend Vlade but if I read a rumour that Bagley was Vivek's guy I would believe it.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

euphronius posted:

Yes that is consistent .

Anyways !!!!!!! They beat the clippers last night with Horford as a sub and things are looking up.

SSS and all, but the Sixers really need to move on from Al Horfords contract in thr offseason

Its just not working with him

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

SSS and all, but the Sixers really need to move on from Al Horfords contract in thr offseason

Its just not working with him

No so sure yet. If he’s happy being a sub, that is pretty good Embiid insurance for when he misses he annual 20 games . Also Horford can “guard” giannis for 10 minutes or so a game in the playoffs

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Lockback posted:

I had they impression Vivek had a history of telling the team that "it's your choice who to pick but you should pick this guy". That's not too defend Vlade but if I read a rumour that Bagley was Vivek's guy I would believe it.

Vlade was photographed in his office with his big board written on the whiteboard with Bagley #2 and MPJ in the top #5. I don't think Vivek even knew who MPJ was.

The impression of Vivek making draft calls came from Pete D'Alessandros time when he and Mullin were huge brown nosers and let Vivek and everyone into the draft room and never told him no. Vlade sucks at his job but he makes his bad decisions himself. It's why Peja is his right hand man

WhyteRyce fucked around with this message at 21:12 on Feb 12, 2020

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://www.nbcsports.com/chicago/bulls/bulls-guard-ryan-arcidiacono-relishes-villanova-honor-really-special

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

NotWearingPants posted:

This is from a few nights ago, but I really like the first camera angle:

https://twitter.com/ESPNNBA/status/1225950605622951936

Rookie on Rookie violence

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

NotWearingPants posted:

He's going to be a better offensive player for sure. I don't think he really has the same rim protection potential though.

Well yeah but he's also not going to be a full time center. When he's fully healthy and up to speed he's going to be way more switchable.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

Chairchucker posted:

If I get all the bottom row and the next one up that gives me the most players so I'm doing that. I've got a full bench, don't know about anyone else.

I thought of that but I'd rather include a few faves like Duncan and Wilt, and be able to give all 8 an average of 30 minutes.

Yes, I am overthinking a nonsense question on social media, and yes, I am procrastinating on a task due tomorrow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

MourningView posted:

Well yeah but he's also not going to be a full time center. When he's fully healthy and up to speed he's going to be way more switchable.

Yeah, so Embiid isn't really a good comparison . Also, Embiid is a great player but Zion has "in the conversation for greatest ever" potential.