Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

paternity suitor
Aug 2, 2016

euphronius posted:

Binjamin Simmons has been on Fire the past six weeks

He’s insane

Something clicked, he’s a different dude out there. He even said himself, he just kind of realized no one can stop him when he drives and finishes hard. He’s not doing that weird drive hard but then flip some weird falling away from the basket hookshot crap anymore

Aggressive Ben every game and he’s hitting his FTs, it’s a thing of beauty

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vinestalk
Jul 2, 2011
Nothing has clicked until the dude starts shooting consistently. Like, he's playing well now, but that style is not as effective in the playoffs against consistently better competition.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
Tbh the gimmick is kinda readable when it involves hyping up wiggins and chriss despite all evidence to the contrary. Irrational enthusiasm is way more quaint than saying lebitch for the 100000h time

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

NotWearingPants posted:

From The Athletic:

• Simmons and Embiid, no Horford (753 possessions): 117.4 points per 100 possessions (94th percentile)
• Simmons, Embiid and Horford (908 possessions): 99.3 points per 100 possessions (3rd percentile)

Brett brown mentioned this as part of what he said to Jorford

Paraphrasing: they’ve played a lot and the numbers ? The numbers are not good

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

paternity suitor posted:

Something clicked, he’s a different dude out there. He even said himself, he just kind of realized no one can stop him when he drives and finishes hard. He’s not doing that weird drive hard but then flip some weird falling away from the basket hookshot crap anymore

Aggressive Ben every game and he’s hitting his FTs, it’s a thing of beauty

His handle is finally good enough to do those drives

He’s bonkers

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

Vinestalk posted:

Nothing has clicked until the dude starts shooting consistently. Like, he's playing well now, but that style is not as effective in the playoffs against consistently better competition.

But you know what is effective in the playoffs? Being one of the best defenders in the NBA.

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

remember when Ben Simmons scored one (1) point in a playoff game? that was cool, resulted in a top 5 post

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

philly fans are lucky that they get the all star break so there's 2 weeks before they turn on simmons again

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"

AggressivelyStupid posted:

remember when Ben Simmons scored one (1) point in a playoff game? that was cool, resulted in a top 5 post

i cannot wait for him to get shut down again in the playoffs because he cant shoot

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

shoot it you loving drongo

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Haaaaaaaa

https://twitter.com/BenGolliver/status/1228366998872166400?s=20

This is extremely wholesome

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

https://twitter.com/cjzero/status/1228483949787308032?s=20

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

https://twitter.com/WorldWideWob/status/1228513177794678784?s=19

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

https://twitter.com/TheHoopCentral/status/1228513967233892352?s=19

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

Wow!

What did they do? Fix it? Or do they have spares?

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

They made Zion go do the same thing to the other goal and played on

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

wow, the United Center hoop is wrecked, better cancel the rest of the Bulls' season

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
We shaq proofed the hoops, but never had to contend with this power.....pure slamacite and jamacite, coursing through his veins

Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

:10bux:
Kind of a random question. Do streamables load ads? I get to watch three or so before needing to open a clip in an incognito browser. It's weird when I just want to watch some highlights.

Vinestalk
Jul 2, 2011

NotWearingPants posted:

But you know what is effective in the playoffs? Being one of the best defenders in the NBA.

I agree, but is that all your expecting from him? Is that 76er team good enough to allow Ben Simmons to just have a good defensive night and nothing else? They're 14-8 when he scores 15 or less. 4-4 against other East conference playoff teams. 6-7 against all playoff teams.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

Vinestalk posted:

I agree, but is that all your expecting from him? Is that 76er team good enough to allow Ben Simmons to just have a good defensive night and nothing else? They're 14-8 when he scores 15 or less. 4-4 against other East conference playoff teams. 6-7 against all playoff teams.

I'm certainly not expecting him to start shooting jump shots frequently. But he puts up 16/8/8 every night, leads the league in steals, can defend the best players in the league (except Giannis), and is one of the most fun players in the NBA to watch, so I guess I'm just more of a glass half full guy.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
:350:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IePBsqQWGIQ

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
Report Philly Posts

Ignore Philly Posters

Ben Simmons and Joel Embiid and Are both the best players and the worst players in the MVP
Shut Da Phuck UP

Zion broke tha game.. and that's what's important

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
That was harsh, this is my pennance

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Bashez posted:

Kind of a random question. Do streamables load ads? I get to watch three or so before needing to open a clip in an incognito browser. It's weird when I just want to watch some highlights.

Never seen one in my life while using ublock origin

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

R.D. Mangles posted:

wow, the United Center hoop is wrecked, better cancel the rest of the Bulls' season

Gonna have to play the rest of the games at Welsh Ryan

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/nuggets/status/1228571206867136513?s=19

Best center in the NBA

big boi
Jun 11, 2007

Dejan Bimble posted:

That was harsh, this is my pennance

Beautiful

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
I loved that shai did scoop shots while everyone else was dunking and shooting half court shots

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

CRISPYBABY posted:

Tbh the gimmick is kinda readable when it involves hyping up wiggins and chriss despite all evidence to the contrary. Irrational enthusiasm is way more quaint than saying lebitch for the 100000h time

The sorta vital stat he omitted: GSW is winless since the Wiggins trade, 0-4

Unrelated: Common is a pretty good basketball player, he had some handles and a couple nice cuts to the bucket

What would your guys awards look like at the break? I know y'all favor Clarke over Morant for ROTY...

Think Nurse deserves consideration for COTY.

El Gallinero Gros fucked around with this message at 17:08 on Feb 15, 2020

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

El Gallinero Gros posted:

What would your guys awards look like at the break? I know y'all favor Clarke over Morant for ROTY...

Mvp: Giannis
6moty: Schroder
Roty: ja
Coty: donovan

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

I just want to watch Ja passing to Zion forever

anakha
Sep 16, 2009

If the Raptors finish the season as the 2nd seed, Nurse has to get COTY.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Coach Bud erasure

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Also Lebron should be in the running for COTY as well. He’s done a great job with the lakers

Kerr’s coach of the year award should be rescinded

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

and then he can finally join the ranks of great Raptor COTYs like Dwane Casey and Sam Mitchel.

If Nurse wins he would be the 3rd Raptor coach in the last 4 to win the award. If not for Jay Triano they would have had a 3 coach streak. Which in a weird way is more a marker of instability or failure than anything else.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

Zion is going to wind up most deserving of ROTY by the end of the season

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

Metapod posted:

Mvp: Giannis
6moty: Schroder
Roty: ja
Coty: donovan

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
Happy that Davis is getting everything he wanted in L.A.

https://twitter.com/latimessports/status/1228470206839885828?s=21