Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
That Ben Gordon Player's Tribune piece was real good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

Spacebump posted:

Before the season I would have never guessed any of these guys would be on this list.
https://twitter.com/All_Things_Mavs/status/1230874717147607040

drat, Evan Fournier missed making the list by 2 attempts. Gallinari missed by 11 and JJ Redick by 23.

Better luck next year!

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
List players shooting over 39% from three with at least 500 attempts on the year:

* Damian Lillard

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
List of players shooting 0% with at least 15 attempts on the year:

* Montrezl Harrell

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

three posted:

Maybe it's overly optimistic to praise a team at 19-36, but the future looks bright with Bridges, Graham, Washington, and now even Monk.

It's easy to see that core never being good enough — there's no real star and one almost definitely won't be coming in this draft — but if they all keep improving it's a pretty solid base.

Jalen McDaniels and Cody Martin look like they might be NBA players, too. They were playing three-rookie lineups last night against the Bulls and winning those minutes. I was expecting this year to be a slog but it's definitely an improvement over the last few seasons.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
List of players with 666 3pt attempts on the year:

* James Harden

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

NotWearingPants posted:

drat, Evan Fournier missed making the list by 2 attempts. Gallinari missed by 11 and JJ Redick by 23.

Better luck next year!

I knew Kemba was hovering around 40% but I guess he's cooled off a bit to 38.8.

edit: Jaylen and Tatum are also both 38 and change.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Salvor_Hardin posted:

I knew Kemba was hovering around 40% but I guess he's cooled off a bit to 38.8.

edit: Jaylen and Tatum are also both 38 and change.

He's missed a bunch of games so wouldn't qualify, but KAT's 41% on 8 attempts a game would be a pace that would put him in that top-3 or so category of best C&S shooters in the NBA this season.

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica
What are the odds on the raptors two peating?

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

Lockback posted:

He's missed a bunch of games so wouldn't qualify, but KAT's 41% on 8 attempts a game would be a pace that would put him in that top-3 or so category of best C&S shooters in the NBA this season.

Too bad he's a coward and is ducking the Celtics tonight.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

MOVIE MAJICK posted:

Don’t think they can beat Milwaukee op

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

MOVIE MAJICK posted:

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

I mean, they are probably, what... 20% to get out of the East?

70% bucks
20% Toronto
5% Boston
2% philly
2% Miami
1% field

Seems right to me

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I think it’s 99% bucks, 1% sixers long shot at this point

Who knows

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

philly is about as good as boston so i think they’ll top out at the semis

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
You dumb rear end bitches will pay

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Metapod posted:

Post the analysis

euphronius posted:

Budenholzer could gently caress up a series against anyone I guess

euphronius fucked around with this message at 20:42 on Feb 21, 2020

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

The sixers will do something stupid like beat the bucks in the second round and then lose to Boston then lose to Boston in the semi finals

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

euphronius posted:

Budenholzer could gently caress up a series against anyone I guess

What makes you say this

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

My observations of past performance coupled with analysis

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Post the analysis

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Metapod posted:

Post the analysis

i'm sorry sir you'll have to go to the Michael Bloomberg thread in CSPAM if you wish to read that

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Aye Doc posted:

i'm sorry sir you'll have to go to the Michael Bloomberg thread in CSPAM if you wish to read that

lmao

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I can’t post right !

Too bad

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Aye Doc posted:

Haha

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Gasol would make Embiid cry again OP

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Aye Doc posted:

Frick!!

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
The Raptors can't beat the Bucks. The Sixers have beaten the Bucks and will beat them again on Saturday night.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
https://twitter.com/miggiesmalls/status/1230885192384032768

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

The Glumslinger posted:

I was at the game last night, it was so dumb

"What are you gonna do, throw me out of the game?"

-man who was thrown out of the game

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
I wouldn't bet on Toronto getting past the Bucks, but I could see it happening if the Bucks managed to gently caress up and collapse over a series or something.

Yes, I know that's kind of a tautology.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

NotWearingPants posted:

The Raptors can't beat the Bucks. The Sixers have beaten the Bucks and will beat them again on Saturday night.

I sure hope the game ends before the fight starts because I would really like to see them both. This is the question for the bucks, can they beat the optimal permutation of the sixers?

No one else in the east has a chance against mil, the Celtics are good but they don't have somebody to put on Giannis. The heat are Scrappy but they're not a good match.

And the other question is, who has the best chance of beating the clippers? I don't think the Lakers can do it without sublime performances from players other than LeBron and AD. It seems like the clippers could run the 76ers off the floor. They have more overall talent then the bucks, aren't relying on famously choukrouning point guard. Maybe the move is to make white Donte the lead ball handler, other than giannis antetokounmpo.

But what's important is the Derrick Rose has once again back from injury. Hopefully Luke kennard comes back before the season is over, but I'm guessing he might not be back until the last 10 or so games. no idea how serious this knee tendonitis thing is or if they're just letting him heal in season for tanking purposes

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status/1230948592271216642?s=19

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

clippers about to hit em with the double morris

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

I bet you 1 million dollars he's going to the Lakers. His three-point shooting has been very good this year but he's pretty well cooked

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Aye Doc posted:

clippers about to hit em with the double morris

I hope he signs with the Lakers to add a new element to the rivalry.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

This is the most twitter has made me laugh in what feels like years

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Dejan Bimble posted:

I sure hope the game ends before the fight starts because I would really like to see them both. This is the question for the bucks, can they beat the optimal permutation of the sixers?

No one else in the east has a chance against mil, the Celtics are good but they don't have somebody to put on Giannis. The heat are Scrappy but they're not a good match.

And the other question is, who has the best chance of beating the clippers? I don't think the Lakers can do it without sublime performances from players other than LeBron and AD. It seems like the clippers could run the 76ers off the floor. They have more overall talent then the bucks, aren't relying on famously choukrouning point guard. Maybe the move is to make white Donte the lead ball handler, other than giannis antetokounmpo.

The Sixers beat the Clips like, two weeks ago

I think the Sixers have wins vs the entire Top 4 in both the East and West, so they can hang with just about anybody. Then they will poo poo the bed vs Atlanta the next night in a way Milwaukee never will

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

So I didn't watch the Rockets game last night, was Jeff Green playing Center? Effectively backing up PJ?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Dejan Bimble posted:

I bet you 1 million dollars he's going to the Lakers. His three-point shooting has been very good this year but he's pretty well cooked

https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status/1230951869343838209

toronto??