Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

cougar cub posted:

That's gonna be a great panther

Sort of strong username post combo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

god swill

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
Oods Uull

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
A good article https://twitter.com/royceyoung/status/1231111278720159744

Boredumb
Mar 10, 2005

The CP3 dunk in the allstar game was absurd and I still can’t get over it

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

noted polytheist Jayson Tatum

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
Passes like this make me more optimistic of the Ingram/Zion combo on offense: https://twitter.com/cclark3000/status/1231210331357302784?s=20

I still have lots of concerns on defense but that's what most of the rest of the roster is for.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

is there any other team in the nba that would hire a coach like jim boylen and refuse to fire him at this point? even the knicks wouldn't do that, they'd hire a different kind of dysfunctional bad coach.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
I mean it seems likely Boylen is getting fired this summer so he’ll have had basically one full season

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
I feel like the bulls might somehow believe that not firing their coach midseason somehow is a sign they are more functional than NY or Cleveland despite it clearly being just a different kind of disfunction.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

i can't even tell you the incredible psychological damage it does to come across a bulls broadcast and still see that giant head on the sidelines, i can't imagine the players having to deal with his poo poo every loving day

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
has it really not been more than a season of boylein dear god

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Metapod posted:

has it really not been more than a season of boylein dear god

Surely you remember Fred Hoiberg, that was only last season

Wild

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Cool Buff Man posted:

Wild

that feels like 5 years ago

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Kibner posted:

Passes like this make me more optimistic of the Ingram/Zion combo on offense: https://twitter.com/cclark3000/status/1231210331357302784?s=20

I still have lots of concerns on defense but that's what most of the rest of the roster is for.

Zion becoming a more willing screener will do wonders for his game. He did it a lot in his debut game and it seems to have faded a bit but when he sets a hard pick it throws defenses in disarray. Especially because he can turn a hard pick into a pogo stick jump in half a second.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

We have all been experiencing Boylen Time Dilation

mrnoun
Jul 24, 2007

Cool Buff Man posted:

Wild

Even Fred Hoiberg can't remember Fred Hoiberg.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Cool Buff Man posted:

Wild

What the gently caress

It feels like it's been 3+ seasons easily

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

mrnoun posted:

Even Fred Hoiberg can't remember Fred Hoiberg.

watched a putrid northwestern team get their only big ten win off him

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Poque posted:

What the gently caress

It feels like it's been 3+ seasons easily

other bad coaches take 4, 5, sometimes 6 seasons to give you the amount of meme-worthy content jim boylen has produced in just under 15 months. we are not going to see this kind of efficiency at self-owning for a very long time. cherish this beauty while we have it, folks

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
Jokic is going to ride a destrier to his wedding with the most beautiful girl of Serbia

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

Doltos posted:

Zion becoming a more willing screener will do wonders for his game. He did it a lot in his debut game and it seems to have faded a bit but when he sets a hard pick it throws defenses in disarray. Especially because he can turn a hard pick into a pogo stick jump in half a second.

there is an undeniable psychological toll in having to run headlong into zion

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Declan MacManus posted:

there is an undeniable psychological toll in having to run headlong into zion

Last night he was shoving Whiteside around like he was nothing and it was hilarious

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.
I have to remind myself every once in awhile that Zion is 19 years old.

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

im just imagining how hard my teeth would rattle if zion just loving screened me into next week

Lasagna Pilot
Feb 6, 2009

No, you're dark-side intergalactic encyclopedia salesmen. Unfortunately, the home office hasn't been quite upfront with you.
https://twitter.com/rp3natural/status/1231284837992058881?s=21

This loving guy lol

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

Joke's on him. Luka is sitting tonight so no Luka v Trae this season.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

AggressivelyStupid posted:

im just imagining how hard my teeth would rattle if zion just loving screened me into next week

I can't even believe I have to say this:

Do not tell us what movies you masturbate to.

It's disgusting and weird and frankly speaks to a deep sadness at the core of your being.

I really can't believe this has to be a codified rule, how horrible is that? Just stop and think about it for one second, I actually had to sit here and type this thing out here saying that nobody in the entire course of human civilization wants to know what movies you jerk off to. Don't tell us, don't tell us, don't tell us. I will probate the gently caress out of you disgusting orangutan-rear end motherfuckers, Jesus Christ, just don't do it.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

Lol what was the original post

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

https://twitter.com/anthonyVslater/status/1231323078438731776?s=19

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

I love him so much

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
DeimosRising a secret mod

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

hey everyone, what the gently caress

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

DeimosRising posted:

I can't even believe I have to say this:

Do not tell us what movies you masturbate to.

It's disgusting and weird and frankly speaks to a deep sadness at the core of your being.

I really can't believe this has to be a codified rule, how horrible is that? Just stop and think about it for one second, I actually had to sit here and type this thing out here saying that nobody in the entire course of human civilization wants to know what movies you jerk off to. Don't tell us, don't tell us, don't tell us. I will probate the gently caress out of you disgusting orangutan-rear end motherfuckers, Jesus Christ, just don't do it.

I am so confused.

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

Chris Paul: I Want To Play 20 Seasons
https://www.hoopsrumors.com/2020/02/chris-paul-i-want-to-play-20-seasons.html

CP3 trying to grab the title of "GOAT to not win a title" from Stockton and Malone.

R.D. Mangles posted:

i can't even tell you the incredible psychological damage it does to come across a bulls broadcast and still see that giant head on the sidelines, i can't imagine the players having to deal with his poo poo every loving day

Jim Boylen is now -42 in his Bulls career. Only Bill Cartwright (-49) and Tim Floyd (-141) are worse.

Trying to imagine what comes after Boylen. Maybe Tim Floyd 2.0

MOVIE MAJICK posted:

What are the odds on the raptors two peating?

Dejan Bimble posted:

This is the question for the bucks, can they beat the optimal permutation of the sixers?

If the Bucks don't go to the finals it will be a massive upset.

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Like most confusing posts I just assume it was originally destined to CSPAM

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

Aye Doc posted:

other bad coaches take 4, 5, sometimes 6 seasons to give you the amount of meme-worthy content jim boylen has produced in just under 15 months. we are not going to see this kind of efficiency at self-owning for a very long time. cherish this beauty while we have it, folks

Over the course of three games earlier this year Boylen amassed more odd quotations than Phil Jackson did over an entire decade.

Kibner posted:

That Ben Gordon Player's Tribune piece was real good.

A very candid look into how mental deterioration happens.

Shameful!

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
Old man CP3 getting a title by joining the Zion Pelicans would own.

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

Warriors say Klay Thompson won't play this season
https://www.nba.com/article/2020/02/20/warriors-klay-thompson-update-2-20-official-release

Dwyane Wade still worries about not having money
https://finance.yahoo.com/news/dwyane-wade-still-worries-about-not-having-money-134042724.html

League executives expect Giannis Antetokounmpo to re-sign with Bucks
https://sports.yahoo.com/league-executives-expect-giannis-antetokounmpo-163741257.html

The rare quadruple :lol:.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Zogo posted:

Jim Boylen is now -42 in his Bulls career. Only Bill Cartwright (-49) and Tim Floyd (-141) are worse.

Trying to imagine what comes after Boylen. Maybe Tim Floyd 2.0

Anyone who follows the bulls knows that the pattern is that you have to go between Hair Guys and Bald Assholes, so the next coach of the bulls is going to be Rod Blagojevic.