Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

BWV posted:

Like most confusing posts I just assume it was originally destined to CSPAM

this thread rolls to intercept all posts going towards cspam

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChickenMedium
Sep 2, 2001
Forum Veteran And Professor Emeritus of Condiment Studies

On one hand Steph Curry taking 3 months off for a 2-4 week injury is pathetic and shows him as the shook fraud that he has become. On the other hand he's stealing millions of dollars from Joe Lacob and that is like the second best thing you can do to a billionaire.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Curry supports Pete

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

R.D. Mangles posted:

Anyone who follows the bulls knows that the pattern is that you have to go between Hair Guys and Bald Assholes, so the next coach of the bulls is going to be Rod Blagojevic.

the bulls are going to fire jim boylen, and then introduce their new head coach several weeks later - James Simren, and it's just jim boylen in a hairpiece having adopted a new, more professional attitude

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

i need a scouting report on available Hair Guy coaches, anyone with a mop, a swoop, a pompadour, we need to get serious about this

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

Dejan Bimble posted:

And the other question is, who has the best chance of beating the clippers?

Denver and the Lakers have HCA against them and that's usually helpful.

SamuraiFoochs posted:

I am so confused.

Many years ago in the CD general chat thread there were some users sharing lists of their favorite :gizz: movies.

Some posters didn't like it so they created a rule disallowing it.

Hire that eastern conference Klay Thompson doppelganger to play at this point IMO.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Aye Doc posted:

the bulls are going to fire jim boylen, and then introduce their new head coach several weeks later - James Simren, and it's just jim boylen in a hairpiece having adopted a new, more professional attitude

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

what if instead of a suit jim boylen dressed like Angus Young?

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

R.D. Mangles posted:

i need a scouting report on available Hair Guy coaches, anyone with a mop, a swoop, a pompadour, we need to get serious about this

Well look no further than Bill Self

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"

so i never really got this episode

he looked so much better with a hairpiece lol

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

DeimosRising posted:

I can't even believe I have to say this:

Do not tell us what movies you masturbate to.

It's disgusting and weird and frankly speaks to a deep sadness at the core of your being.

I really can't believe this has to be a codified rule, how horrible is that? Just stop and think about it for one second, I actually had to sit here and type this thing out here saying that nobody in the entire course of human civilization wants to know what movies you jerk off to. Don't tell us, don't tell us, don't tell us. I will probate the gently caress out of you disgusting orangutan-rear end motherfuckers, Jesus Christ, just don't do it.

ive never watched a movie in my life

Lasagna Pilot
Feb 6, 2009

No, you're dark-side intergalactic encyclopedia salesmen. Unfortunately, the home office hasn't been quite upfront with you.

R.D. Mangles posted:

Anyone who follows the bulls knows that the pattern is that you have to go between Hair Guys and Bald Assholes, so the next coach of the bulls is going to be Rod Blagojevic.

I wonder who is the richest corrupt NBA fanatic that Blago could sell a spot to.

Assistant coach Kim Jong-un

Benny the Bull to be performed by a rotating cast of mafia from post-Soviet states

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Free tickets so sure why not.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Dexo posted:

Free tickets so sure why not.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJtPjkSTZyE

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

get his rear end

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 2000

Enjoy the bonus arena time when Boylen takes a timeout down by 17 points with 47 seconds left.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.

DeimosRising posted:

I can't even believe I have to say this:

Do not tell us what movies you masturbate to.

It's disgusting and weird and frankly speaks to a deep sadness at the core of your being.

I really can't believe this has to be a codified rule, how horrible is that? Just stop and think about it for one second, I actually had to sit here and type this thing out here saying that nobody in the entire course of human civilization wants to know what movies you jerk off to. Don't tell us, don't tell us, don't tell us. I will probate the gently caress out of you disgusting orangutan-rear end motherfuckers, Jesus Christ, just don't do it.

I demand answers.

big boi
Jun 11, 2007

It's hot take time. The Nets are hosed. If you're a team with cap space, and Kyrie Irving and Kevin Durant both want to sign with you, you can no way, no how, decline. You can't turn down that pedigree. BUT -- KD will never be the same, and Kyrie is not a winning player without being second banana to an obviously better player. Youe ceiling is the three seed.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
I mean the third seed is pretty good

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

morestuff posted:

In the east

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

morestuff posted:

you just dont understand basketball marge

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

i would enjoy rooting for a team that was competent and went to the playoffs even if they had no chance in winning the title instead of whatever the gently caress this is supposed to be

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
A really common route to a championship is to build a 50-55 win, top-4ish seed team and then try to capitalize on some luck. It's what Toronto did when Kawhi became available, GSW at first capitalized on getting Klay and Draymond to way over perform their draft positions and then firing Mark Jackson. Or Dallas on just hanging around with Dirk until the right combination of role players and accessible West opened up for them. There isn't really a sure-fire way to build a championship team without a good deal of luck, so opening a path for 50 wins and a 3 seed it a really good first step towards that.

Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010
Even without the championship, I'd relive the Mavs from say 01-10 a million times before reliving the half decade or so before Luka. Making the playoffs owns, watching a lottery team is loving misery.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Coby White owns.

Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010
Mavs improve to 5-14 in games decided by 5 or less. Very good

Zogobot what's the worst playoff seed a team has ever had with an SRS over 6

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Athanatos posted:

Enjoy the bonus arena time when Boylen takes a timeout down by 17 points with 47 seconds left.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 2000
Cuban out here on twitter going hambone:

https://twitter.com/mcuban/status/1231418620133171200

Unknown if he is going off on Cyber Dust also.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Remember when the 76ers beat the Bucks (ignore the last two games)

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Tae posted:

Remember when the 76ers beat the Bucks (ignore the last two games)

Built To Beat Bucks

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
It's true, the Sixers cannot beat the Bucks when Ben Simmons goes down with an injury and the refs take Embiid out of the game with phantom fouls.

But for a half it was a lot of fun watching Giannis get shut down repeatedly at the rim.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

It's a good thing until Kings aren't going to make the playoffs or the clippers might be on trouble

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Spacebump posted:

Old man CP3 getting a title by joining the Zion Pelicans would own.

This would make me so loving happy, you would not believe.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
It's worth mentioning that Brett Brown, after sticking with Al Horford in the starting lineup long after it was obvious that it was not working, did not go with Horford in the starting lineup tonight for the one team where it's necessary.

The result: Embiid defended Giannis and the Bucks were able to exploit the mismatch of Lopez on Harris in the post.

e: Also, before Simmons went out with back pain, which is not a laughing matter, the Bucks defended him with Giannis which I thought was pretty cool. Unfortunately we didn't get to see enough of that matchup.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

So is no one gonna comment on the immense width of Tatum’s shoulders? I know he’s a pro athlete and all but drat

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

NotWearingPants posted:

It's true, the Sixers cannot beat the Bucks when Ben Simmons goes down with an injury and the refs take Embiid out of the game with phantom fouls.

But for a half it was a lot of fun watching Giannis get shut down repeatedly at the rim.

sixers are the softest

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun
having a center is extremely overrated

MelancholyMark
May 5, 2009

Please don't let the Jazz go against the Rockets in the playoffs again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Carlosologist posted:

So is no one gonna comment on the immense width of Tatum’s shoulders? I know he’s a pro athlete and all but drat

Westbrook has extreme width too

Deepest, bluest, my lats are like a cobras hood