Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

"I knew that big penis was nothing but trouble."

"I'm sorry, what??"

"I knew that big penis was nothing but trouble."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
This whole convo with the pregnant woman is killing me

loosenukes
Feb 14, 2005

you don't put your best missile in your crummiest hole
You jerks got my hopes up for the urinal guillotine.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
"It's like my own tiny little human oscar"

Mocha Joe, Alice, and....bald guy teaming up to be the Avengers of hating Larry

:laffo:

we need another season stat. Probably won't get one til 2022

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Just because I wanted Larry to lose didn't mean I wanted Mocha Joe to win

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

s11e1 should be larry figuring out a way to evict mocha joe, gently caress that guy

or draw it out 10 eps, whatever is more entertaining

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

loosenukes posted:

Really expected it to injure someone’s big Johnson

Hot Stunt
Oct 2, 2009

The last two episodes seemed like they were setting up bathroom gags with diarrhoea Abby or Funkhouser penis but no payoff.

coronavirus
Jan 27, 2020

by Cyrano4747
Holy poo poo Sean Penn looks rough.

Another great episode.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Also I thought the second opinion would have a payoff

Either Larry would gently caress up his leg and the first guy was right or there’d be a third opinion but it seemed like the watch opinion was it. I mean it was funny but kinda anticlimactic

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

loosenukes posted:

I haven't been great at predicting things this year

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Guess Marty Funkhauser's gonna be in China forever, then.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

The spite store news segment opening was fantastic.

Overall this was a great season, every episode had me laughing a lot, I hope we get more eventually once society can start back up again.

coronavirus
Jan 27, 2020

by Cyrano4747
I appreciate how they wrote a transperson as just a regular character, with the same respect and jokes as anyone else on the show. He didn't write it so they had to avoid any mention of difference, but I felt they did it in an understanding and considerate way. I wonder if the trans actor or maybe writers on the show had input.

Or it could just be Larry has been cool with counter culture and LA for a very long time and has trans friends, and just hates everyone equally when they make some minor infraction against them.

I'm not explaining this well. But I like how they were featured as just part of the cast, not some kind of " A very special episode of..." where the main character is supposed to be seen as a monster or saint for accepting / judging a non gender normative person. Instead of the insincere / pretend hollywood poo poo that often is presented.

MorrisBae
Jan 18, 2020

by Athanatos

Stare-Out posted:

Guess Marty Funkhauser's gonna be in China forever, then.

Eating Pangolins at Larry's recommendation

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

coronavirus posted:

I appreciate how they wrote a transperson as just a regular character, with the same respect and jokes as anyone else on the show. He didn't write it so they had to avoid any mention of difference, but I felt they did it in an understanding and considerate way. I wonder if the trans actor or maybe writers on the show had input.

Or it could just be Larry has been cool with counter culture and LA for a very long time and has trans friends, and just hates everyone equally when they make some minor infraction against them.

I'm not explaining this well. But I like how they were featured as just part of the cast, not some kind of " A very special episode of..." where the main character is supposed to be seen as a monster or saint for accepting / judging a non gender normative person. Instead of the insincere / pretend hollywood poo poo that often is presented.

Chaz Bono is one of the most famous trans men in the world and was out long before it even began to approach the current levels of social acceptability so I'm sure he had some input or thoughts.

Larry is consistently an "equal opportunity offender" type except instead of doing it for shock value he's just finding humor in his own curiosity and insensitivity.

coronavirus
Jan 27, 2020

by Cyrano4747

Henchman of Santa posted:

Chaz Bono is one of the most famous trans men in the world and was out long before it even began to approach the current levels of social acceptability so I'm sure he had some input or thoughts.

Larry is consistently an "equal opportunity offender" type except instead of doing it for shock value he's just finding humor in his own curiosity and insensitivity.

I had no idea that was Chaz Bono. Thought it was some random up-and-comer in LA. Cool.

I also loved the idea of a big dick support group having their meetings in Larry's mansion when he is away.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

coronavirus posted:

I had no idea that was Chaz Bono. Thought it was some random up-and-comer in LA. Cool.

Would you believe he's 51? I mean I guess he'd have to be because of his parents and it makes sense given Funkhauser's age but he looks 30.

Human Tornada
Mar 4, 2005

I been wantin to see a honkey dance.

coronavirus posted:

Holy poo poo Sean Penn looks rough.

Another great episode.

Um did you even see that sick 'do he was rockin? Dude looks 25!

coronavirus
Jan 27, 2020

by Cyrano4747

Would you believe he's 51? I mean I guess he'd have to be because of his parents and it makes sense given Funkhauser's age but he looks 30.

That was part of it for me (not recognizing him). He looked 29 at the oldest. Dude is rocking it.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

how many drat funkhousers are there

larry already killed half and they got more offspring than Genghis khan

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I hope that’s not it for this show.

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
There were many plot elements this season that either never got resolved or were strange.

What happened to the girl Larry was dating that lied about being Jewish to get on Suzie's good side? That was never resolved (the lying part, not the relationship)
What happened to Jon Hamm's movie? Did the newsstand guy ever get his revenge?
Why was there a subplot where mocha joe frames Larry for copyright infringement?
Where is Marty?

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus

BabyRyoga posted:

Why was there a subplot where mocha joe frames Larry for copyright infringement?

That wasn't a subplot, that was the main plot of the entire season. Just one of the many things they did back and forth to each other.

BabyRyoga posted:

Where is Marty?

In show, stuck in China. In real life, dead. RIP Super Dave.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

God I miss Marty

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Alan Smithee posted:

how many drat funkhousers are there

larry already killed half and they got more offspring than Genghis khan

I think Marty's trans kid was actually a subplot in a previous season, though I don't remember if they were ever actually shown.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

Milo and POTUS posted:

God I miss Marty

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

I think Marty's trans kid was actually a subplot in a previous season, though I don't remember if they were ever actually shown.

Jodie. She was played by Mayim Bialik in the previous seasons and I think she was gay, then Larry turned her straight, then she went back to gay, and then transitioned.

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

I enjoyed the way the finale tied a bunch of threads from the whole season together the way an individual episode usually does.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av
Have we seen that realtor character before? Pretty sure it was Paul Scheer but he’s never been credited on curb on his IMDb.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

beanieson posted:

Have we seen that realtor character before? Pretty sure it was Paul Scheer but he’s never been credited on curb on his IMDb.

Nope, this was his first show appearance.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

beanieson posted:

I nearly got him mixed up with Byooo-ratta guy

wooger
Apr 16, 2005

YOU RESENT?

Alan Smithee posted:

I nearly got him mixed up with Byooo-ratta guy

It does feel like an episode was cut out or something doesn’t it?

So many plot lines failed to get resolved fully, plus there must’ve been a plan to actually introduce Paul Scheer before this episode.

* The urinals need to slice a dick.
* Someone needs to poop at Latte Larrys.
* I want to see Jon Hamm’s performance as Larry.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

wooger posted:

A spin-off show where Jon Hamm and other actors recreate previous episodes of CYE.

escape artist
Sep 24, 2005

Slow train coming

wooger posted:

It does feel like an episode was cut out or something doesn’t it?

So many plot lines failed to get resolved fully, plus there must’ve been a plan to actually introduce Paul Scheer before this episode.

* The urinals need to slice a dick.
* Someone needs to poop at Latte Larrys.

I expected a Susie rant about the women's bathroom

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Hot Stunt posted:

The last two episodes seemed like they were setting up bathroom gags with diarrhoea Abby or Funkhouser penis but no payoff.
I could imagine a scene where Funkhouser gets his penis guillotined and is lying there in agony as the fire starts. It definitely would have nestled in there like the last piece in a puzzle. if they had it planned maybe they cut it because it seemed transphobic.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
Mods rename me to Horsecock Williams

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Fast Luck posted:

if they had it planned maybe they cut it because it seemed transphobic.

Yeah I was thinking it'd be funny if it happened but man I could see it being read a little the wrong way

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Larry should just have a body cam on him 24/7

that'll be season 11

"do you not respect social distancing? I couldn't help but notice that you were....4 and 3/4' away..."

"You judget us to be exactly 4 and 3/4' away?"

"I used my...ocular measuring tape"

"You used ocular measuring tape? Real rich coming from a guy with glasses"

*Larry stares him down 6 feet away*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe
Funniest aspect of the final episode was that magically Larry had his old car back, the one he gave to the waitress last week.