Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

Epsilon Plus posted:

(none of us are good at mafia, no living human being is good at mafia)

Speak for yourself :viggo:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

Adventure comes from insufficient planning.
Boy that was a lot to catch up on, after a page of notes, they are aligning almost exactly with the cases that xopods and merk have presenting on KK.

From my notes:

KK – RP Hufflepuff, real weird, interrogated amnistar for being concerned about people supporting him, says it is questionable for amni to question the support, they flips and says they never thought amni was scum, real silent since especially when getting heat.

##vote KK

Other Notes:

I found Sci scummy at the beginning but anyone who ends joke phase gets the benefit of the doubt.

Mikujin - giving me vibes as they imply various flavor items

ZZyzk - I don't like the move of changing Dexanth nickname to count Lumpen votes

xopods - clearly making a case against KK, has made a couple of other cases, feels town

Sandwolf - not sure, fight with Capn Andy feels a bit off for Sand

Capn Andy - See comment about Sandwolf, defends Liger awkwardly

Amni - strongly feel this is town amni, questioning anyone who agrees with him

kingcobweb - fakes a claim of catching PQ lying, feels scummy

Kash - feels town to me

merk - feels very town to me, has made a good case against KK before I did

Spoonsy - claims D1 lunch is a crapshoot, almost advocates a no lunch which I oppose to based on policy

zzyzx
Mar 2, 2004

Deadbeat Dad posted:

I get what you're saying, but I have also been on scum teams where someone is absolutely getting railroaded/heat is headed their way and they don't really answer the calls/warnings/pleadings of their scumbuddies, so all of that stuff could still be very well happening in theory.

Personally, the more I've been reading, the more I think KK is a sacrifice.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Hmm, the slapfighting with Amni looks like Andy just has an outsized ego :laugh: so maybe he's not scum after all, monitoring.

xopods posted:

Yeah, merk's right about this guy... I was reading a bunch of random people earlier trying to see what my gut was telling me and he was on the short list.

##vote Kashuno

HmMmMmMmMm. xopods popping out of nowhere and hopping on the weakest read merk had? Followed up by a bandwagon Humalong vote for trite? Scum has this tendency to pop up and throw a vote on something they see as having legs and Kashuno, if memory serves, is reviled and easy to vote for. I doubt scum would be so bold as to put 2 of 3 votes on a guy early, though, so I'm going to say one of these guys is scum and the other two aren't.

Kashuno posted:

That’s a really good catch on KK ##vote KK

E+ I see a lot of commentary on right now I’ll try and reread after breakfast and put some thoughts together

OTOH what the hell is this? The case on Kruel is this:

xopods posted:

The first two mostly for gut feel reasons, but then the third one the combination of "nothing has really blew my skirt up" followed by "this screams scum" is inconsistent. It may seem like a little thing, but to me it gives the impression of someone who:

1. Was initially only intending to post the first bit
  2. Decided that posting only Town reads was going to attract suspicion
  3. Felt he should include a Scum read and vote and went to find something he could vote on
  4. Forgot that he'd just said he didn't have any strong Scum reads and overstated his case

##vote KK but would still vote Kash or E+.

Preview Edit: Dammit DBD beat me to this

Kashuno under heat and suddenly and immediately willing to throw down on the first case they saw? Because surely xopods' case on KK isn't strong - it's a lot of conjecture as to what the poster is thinking rather than clear cut observation of what they said. Also, if anything, a careless post where one begins saying "I don't feel a certain way" that ends with a case feels more town as they didn't meticulously curate their post to ensure consistency. That was such a common problem way back when - a lack of consistency was taken to mean scummy, that it was a scum slip to change your feelings on something without that all-important "I'm changing my mind" sentence. Scum used that line of argumentation quite often! Kashuno, you were around when it was a problem - why did you forget this?

The reading trudges on.

xopods
Oct 26, 2010

Epsilon Plus posted:

D1. KK and xopods are scum. KK has to check out of the game, but doesn't have a strong/interesting enough scum power to be worth getting a replacement for when xopods can get a slam dunk D1 bus and set himself up as being God-Emperor of Mafia.

I kinda like the rest of this post, but this scenario is weirdly specific.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

merk posted:

When I read Kashuno's other stuff, I felt less confident about my vote. I didn't really think of this point though. I was instead thinking about your making the vote.

Hmm.

This post made me choke. There's no way merk actually thinks this. I am not moving my vote lmfao

xopods
Oct 26, 2010

ASAPRockySituation posted:

Kashuno under heat and suddenly and immediately willing to throw down on the first case they saw? Because surely xopods' case on KK isn't strong

Excuse me, my case was excellent.

However, it hasn't gone unnoticed by me that Kash's vote did seem to have a strong self-preservation instinct to it. If I'm wrong about KK I imagine Kash will still be on my scum shortlist tomorrow.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Hmm, the slapfighting with Amni looks like Andy just has an outsized ego :laugh: so maybe he's not scum after all, monitoring.

Oh my god

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

I am a wizard, not a poet.

Amni's post directly after confirms my belief that he is probably town. Amni is the most obvious scum player that I can recall and that post mirrors my gut read.

...did you get a name change or something?

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

Amnistar posted:

...did you get a name change or something?

Diqnol

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

xopods posted:

I'm not linking myself to merk or DBD guys, I was just happy to see merk come down so firmly in favor of a KK lunch, not only because it's the lunch I want too but because I think it's good when the lunch is someone that a few people feel very strongly about.

Gahahahahahaha

##unvote ##vote xopods

Guys, do you see this? Please take the time to peruse what I've said about xopods to this point and now add in a post wherein the poster known as "xopods", one of the board game lords, details his consideration about how he links up with other posters. Why would anyone be thinking about that kind of stuff if he were town? Scum would sure be interested in if a poster came down in favor of their posts, though! I'm going to revise my earlier statement - it is either xopods or merk (and leaning xopods), not both. I dismiss the possibility of a distancing post because this is the kind of poo poo that comes naturally out of not knowing how to forge a thought.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Hi to you too, yuming! Did you and Mills ever ***smooch***?

Spoonsy
Dec 6, 2005

Yeah, life is hilariously cruel.
Grimey Drawer

zzyzx posted:

That's not "bussing," though. Nor would be saying you think Amni and Andy are both town.

I thought bussing was getting the blame off someone by getting a second party to take the responsibility, i. E. KK trying to get people to look at anmi

Spoonsy
Dec 6, 2005

Grimey Drawer
And yes. I have forgotten normal mafia terms because it has been more than a minute.

xopods
Oct 26, 2010

Gahahahahahaha

##unvote ##vote xopods

Guys, do you see this? Please take the time to peruse what I've said about xopods to this point and now add in a post wherein the poster known as "xopods", one of the board game lords, details his consideration about how he links up with other posters. Why would anyone be thinking about that kind of stuff if he were town? Scum would sure be interested in if a poster came down in favor of their posts, though! I'm going to revise my earlier statement - it is either xopods or merk (and leaning xopods), not both. I dismiss the possibility of a distancing post because this is the kind of poo poo that comes naturally out of not knowing how to forge a thought.

Huh? I was responding to accusations that I'd been trying to convince the thread to connect my alignment with DBD and merks when I said KK was a good lynch because it'd be clear who was accountable for it.

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

Spoonsy posted:

I thought bussing was getting the blame off someone by getting a second party to take the responsibility, i. E. KK trying to get people to look at anmi

Nope, bussing is scum voting for another scum player aka throwing someone under the bus.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I get a town read from yuming as she is confident and self righteous and also very obvious when scum, and to answer her query about EP: I think he has a high ratio of posts that are responses to posts about himself, which reads poorly. I think he votes for Andy, which is wrong but understandably so if you don't consider a giant ego at work. I think that EP has always been the same poster and that poster is an unfunny winvirus if ever I saw one. You're attacking a lack of content and weak reads but that is an attack on the person. The part of your case that is persuasive/that I agree with is the matter of a lack of care and, when added with self obsession, agree that he looks scummy.

What do you think about my xopods case?

zzyzx
Mar 2, 2004

Spoonsy posted:

He wasn't trying to get people to look at Amni, though. He said Amni was town.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Leith Maclaine posted:

Boy that was a lot to catch up on, after a page of notes, they are aligning almost exactly with the cases that xopods and merk have presenting on KK.

From my notes:

KK – RP Hufflepuff, real weird, interrogated amnistar for being concerned about people supporting him, says it is questionable for amni to question the support, they flips and says they never thought amni was scum, real silent since especially when getting heat.

##vote KK

Other Notes:

I found Sci scummy at the beginning but anyone who ends joke phase gets the benefit of the doubt.

Mikujin - giving me vibes as they imply various flavor items

ZZyzk - I don't like the move of changing Dexanth nickname to count Lumpen votes

xopods - clearly making a case against KK, has made a couple of other cases, feels town

Sandwolf - not sure, fight with Capn Andy feels a bit off for Sand

Capn Andy - See comment about Sandwolf, defends Liger awkwardly

Amni - strongly feel this is town amni, questioning anyone who agrees with him

kingcobweb - fakes a claim of catching PQ lying, feels scummy

Kash - feels town to me

merk - feels very town to me, has made a good case against KK before I did

Spoonsy - claims D1 lunch is a crapshoot, almost advocates a no lunch which I oppose to based on policy

:pwn: feels weak and unsupported, brother, putting you on the list :pwn:

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I'd go so far as to say that the post I quoted just above me is really loving scummy. Bandwagon vote on KK with nothing of substance to add about a single poster in the game while listing a gust on a prairie field of reads, ready to bend wherever the wind takes them.

Leith Maclaine
Mar 2, 2018

I'd go so far as to say that the post I quoted just above me is really loving scummy. Bandwagon vote on KK with nothing of substance to add about a single poster in the game while listing a gust on a prairie field of reads, ready to bend wherever the wind takes them.

You really want me to quote 8 pages of posts to identify why I feel on each player? Especially since a lot of the posts have been quoted by other people, but if you insist, I will. How about for ease of everyone's eyes, you pick three and I will justify my reads on them with quotes.

I will grant that you have a few reads also so I don't think you are scummy. I just think we haven't played before.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Leith Maclaine posted:

You really want me to quote 8 pages of posts to identify why I feel on each player? Especially since a lot of the posts have been quoted by other people, but if you insist, I will. How about for ease of everyone's eyes, you pick three and I will justify my reads on them with quotes.

I will grant that you have a few reads also so I don't think you are scummy. I just think we haven't played before.

Game on.

Merk, xopods, Andy.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 1

Khris Kruel (10): xopods, Kashuno, merk, Mr. Humalong, Scientastic, Spoonsy, Amnistar, Sandwolf, Deadbeat Dad, Scientastic, CapnAndy, Leith Maclaine
xopods (4): Scientastic, Scientastic, Mikujin, Mikujin, Mikujin, kingcobweb, Scientastic, ASAPRockySituation
Epsilon Plus (3): Kloaked00, Scientastic, Scientastic, yuming, OFFICER LIGER
OFFICER LIGER (2): Scientastic, merk, Tom Tucker, merk, Scientastic, Hal Incandenza
Jen X (1): Khris Kruel
Mr. Humalong (1): Dexanth
merk (1): Jose Valasquez, merk, merk, ASAPRockySituation, Jose Valasquez, Hal Incandenza, bowmore, Hal Incandenza, ASAPRockySituation
Scientastic (1): Mikujin, Leith Maclaine, Mikujin, Jose Valasquez, Kashuno, Kashuno, Leith Maclaine
Dexanth (1): zzyzx, Leith Maclaine, Leith Maclaine, merk, merk
kingcobweb (1): Pussy Quipped
Kashuno (1): Jen X, Jen X, Jen X, merk, xopods, Mr. Humalong, xopods, merk, Mr. Humalong
CapnAndy (1): merk, Kashuno, merk, Kashuno, Amnistar, kingcobweb, Sandwolf, Epsilon Plus, kingcobweb, Amnistar, Sandwolf
Jose Valasquez (0): Scientastic, Scientastic, Hal Incandenza, Hal Incandenza
yuming (0): Deadbeat Dad, Deadbeat Dad
Pussy Quipped (0): Mikujin, Mikujin
Sandwolf (0): CapnAndy, CapnAndy
bowmore (0): Sandwolf, Sandwolf
Spoonsy (0): zzyzx, zzyzx
Mikujin (0): Scientastic, kingcobweb, xopods, Scientastic, kingcobweb, xopods, merk, merk
Leith Maclaine (0): Scientastic, Dexanth, Scientastic, Dexanth

Not Voting (0):

With 27 alive, it's 14 votes to execute. The current deadline is April 17th, 2020 at 9 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 23 hours, 44 minutes.

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

Ask me about being a SJW in EE and working to make anyone who disagrees with me a villain and gets no opportunity to defend themselves at all because my army or sycophants I buy off with pixels follows me blindly.

lol clearly I stabbed myself into a hornet nest of scum.

There's absolutely no way I get this much traction on day 1 for posting a scum read without Jen X being scum.

Not changing my vote.

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

Ask me about being a SJW in EE and working to make anyone who disagrees with me a villain and gets no opportunity to defend themselves at all because my army or sycophants I buy off with pixels follows me blindly.

This was clearly a rally call of scum to take pressure off Jen X

Spoonsy
Dec 6, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Also for the record I’m not advocating no lynch, I’m saying that normally D1 lynches are dumb.

Spoonsy
Dec 6, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Spoonsy posted:

Also for the record I’m not advocating no lynch, I’m saying that normally D1 lynches are dumb.

Mafia edit -
Done for dumb reasons

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

xopods posted:

Also, for anyone on the fence about KK or not really seeing it, there's a strong case to be made for a D1 lunch that can clearly be attributed to one or a small number of players.

I'm not going to say I'm 100% sure KK's Scum cause it's impossible to be 100% sure.

##vote xopods

Look at him already washing his hands of my blood

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Khris Kruel posted:

This was clearly a rally call of scum to take pressure off Jen X

Your Jen X read that no one cared about at all?

Dexanth
Dec 4, 2003

The last thing an ice cream cone ever sees

Mr. Humalong posted:

I think I was chosen as an easy opportunity to appear like they were scum hunting. I have more than 5 posts so they didn’t have to appear like they’re picking a lurker, but I haven’t written any essays so it also gave them an easy angle to take.

you were chosen through the process of 'reading along the thread, I went 'wait huh this person is in the game and I clearly recall that but i know nothing they've said that was meaningful'

you having more than 5 posts is key yes because a lurker could plausibly have 'is lurking' as a defense to 'am not scumhunting aggressively' but you were continuing to emptycontentpost even well past that

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4

I think that EP has always been the same poster and that poster is an unfunny winvirus if ever I saw one.

I don't know what this means, but also: https://votefinder.org/players/common_games/epsilon-plus/diqnol

we've been in five games together and I wouldn't have known that without going and looking at it

merk posted:

Your Jen X read that no one cared about at all?

savage loving burn

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

I am a wizard, not a poet.

Khris Kruel posted:

lol clearly I stabbed myself into a hornet nest of scum.

There's absolutely no way I get this much traction on day 1 for posting a scum read without Jen X being scum.

Not changing my vote.

Khris Kruel posted:

##vote xopods

Look at him already washing his hands of my blood

That went well.

Dexanth
Dec 4, 2003

Kashuno posted:

These suspicions on Dex are extremely bad. Just because 'other players bad too' doesn't mean you shouldn't call out someone who caught your attention and it's weird to imply otherwise.

This is worth noting because yes. Also like, 27 people, I may not have done this in ages but I remember enough to know I am not getting 27 solid reads D1. Therefore its 'Hey, what do i see that's off' and that was off.

then i looked into it more and it felt still off

and since you know town wants to catch scum and part of that is actually making statements of belief for later scrutiny, this was one worth putting down

its p simple, really

Dexanth
Dec 4, 2003

Mikujin posted:

Hmmmmmm I guess this is a fair-point. Scum making this call-out as probably a lot more keen on being self-reflective of how it looks compared to their own posting. I'm gonna make a mental note to slide Dex from scummy to lazy columns.

'chill' is my preferred column but ill take lazy

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

on Page 16, when did Sandwolf become a good player. I thought he was a policy day 1 lynch

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

merk posted:

Not a single player has come to KK's defense in the slightest. This is a lynch of scum, folks.

lol wtf, when did town players get defended. Scum are the ones that have resistence to their lynches.

Dexanth
Dec 4, 2003

Of posters so far who've had considerable activity around them that I recall:

CapnAndy - Strong town read
Amnistar - Light town read
KK - Scum behavior; happy to vote
Xopods - Kingcobweb post is one I found myself agreeing with after reading Mikujin's response to it. Scummy behavior. Will vote, but like KK better
Mr. Humalong - Nothing about their defense has changed my feel on them. Still feels scummy. Not as scummy as KK, maybe a bit stronger than Xopods.

Happy to vote for any of the above 3, staying on Humalong for now because KK & Xopods both already under considerable not me scrutiny

Other rough reads:
DBD - Town vibes; not intense, not a strong read, just light vibes
Jose Valasquez - Town-ish vibes, also not intense read
merk - can't form opinion on at this time, want to but is reading like blank slate still
Scientastic - Townie, but still overly zealous in going SEE IM RIGHT good to know that hasnt changed
Tom Tucket - town vibes, see DBD/Jose
Yuming - Lol cant read her yet but old memory says scum Yuming tends to slip up anyways
Mikujin - Townie; about same level of townie read as scientastic

So there yall are 3 scumpicks havent really changed and I don't have more yet

Dexanth
Dec 4, 2003

Mafia edit Pussy Quipped & Epsilon Plus are also scum candidates forgot to add them in; not as strong a read yet as the other 3 though, more 'do not like their vibes'

Would vote, but not as happy to vote yet as the other 3

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

So just to defend myself, if you look at the timing of the "I'm not really seeing a lot here" and "Jen X is scum", they happened around the same time. I hadn't seen Jen X's post when I made that post, and I also didn't put a lot of weight in it. I didn't like how Jen X was suspicious of CapnAndy and also suspicious of people voting for CapnAndy. Was waffly to me, and the best read at the time.

I think we have a cornacopia of scum reads now though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

xopods posted:

But I feel like he's probably Town cause the case is good...

you think I'm town because the case is good?