Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crazyeyes24
Sep 14, 2014

Your good vision is your fatal weakness!
Dig a bit of reading and searching both here and around the Google, and I can't find much about the Asus VG27WQ (27" 165hz*, 1440p, curved VA Panel). I see a lot about the IPS panel version, the -AQ model, though.

I currently have some old 24" 1080p monitors and am looking to upgrade to the modern era with 27" 2k monitors. Curved might be nice to try, and my biggest gripe right now is the black level (or lack thereof) and the backlight bleeding. I've read that VAs can get the best blacks/contrast, but suffer from ghosting and IPS trades the black level for better color and response. Personally, I don't know how big of an issue ghosting might be or how much it might drive somone insane once you start noticing it. SO my question is, are IPS black levels noticeably better than TN panels? And to that, are there any recommended 27" 1440p IPS monitors I should look to as top pics? Trying to stay around $400 each.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

Her Majesty's 56th Regiment of Foot
IPS has significantly better blacks than TN, and more importantly newer/higher quality monitors have HUGELY improved blacks vs 10 year old monitors. You will probably be happy with a modern IPS, but it's not a guarantee.

Assuming gaming is a major concern, the most commonly recommended budget 27" 1440p 144hz IPS Freesync monitor is the Nixeus EDG27. It has a crappy OSD, and the S version has a very crappy stand, but the actual performance is quite good. It's normally $300-330 on Amazon, but as the WFH craze has proceeded, increasingly more expensive monitors are selling out, so now the best you can do is $339 on Newegg (which doesn't have Amazon's return policies). Alternatively, you can try to snipe an LG 27GL83A if they become available on Amazon around $370. It's a bit higher end monitor for the most part.

theblackw0lf posted:

So I'm having this experience with my monitor that I find baffling, and wondering if anyone has any ideas.

I got a Samsung Ultrawide last year, and while I thought the picture quality was good I wasn't really blown away by it. Specifically I didn't really find the colors and contrast as vibrant as I would want.

However last week I connected my PS4 to the monitor to play some games, and I found that quality to be a quite a bit higher. The colors were brighter and more vibrant, blacks were richer, contrast was better.

So I'm confused why I would be getting better picture quality connecting it to my console as opposed to my PC. I'm thinking maybe it has to do with my PC graphics settings but I'm not sure what it would be.

I'm interested to connect another PC and see if the quality looks better.

Does anyone have an idea why there would be a notable difference in quality?

This should not be the case. It could be because of having HDR enabled in windows, or perhaps because the color mode is set to something other than RGB, or maybe something I'm not thinking of. What specifically is the monitor and how are you hooking it up to your PC?

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

"...creating a vision of the sort of society you want to have in miniature"

K8.0 posted:

IPS has significantly better blacks than TN, and more importantly newer/higher quality monitors have HUGELY improved blacks vs 10 year old monitors. You will probably be happy with a modern IPS, but it's not a guarantee.

Assuming gaming is a major concern, the most commonly recommended budget 27" 1440p 144hz IPS Freesync monitor is the Nixeus EDG27. It has a crappy OSD, and the S version has a very crappy stand, but the actual performance is quite good. It's normally $300-330 on Amazon, but as the WFH craze has proceeded, increasingly more expensive monitors are selling out, so now the best you can do is $339 on Newegg (which doesn't have Amazon's return policies). Alternatively, you can try to snipe an LG 27GL83A if they become available on Amazon around $370. It's a bit higher end monitor for the most part.

This should not be the case. It could be because of having HDR enabled in windows, or perhaps because the color mode is set to something other than RGB, or maybe something I'm not thinking of. What specifically is the monitor and how are you hooking it up to your PC?

Samsung CF79, hooked up through a displayport

I also tried hooking it up using the same HDMi cable as I am the PS4 and it didn't make any noticeable difference.

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

Looking that monitor up, it says claims to support a very wide color space, I'm guessing it has something to do with that. I can't tell you for sure if it's a windows setting or a monitor setting, but I can almost guarantee you you are looking at some kind of color space and/or HDR issue.

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

"...creating a vision of the sort of society you want to have in miniature"

K8.0 posted:

Looking that monitor up, it says claims to support a very wide color space, I'm guessing it has something to do with that. I can't tell you for sure if it's a windows setting or a monitor setting, but I can almost guarantee you you are looking at some kind of color space and/or HDR issue.

How do I change those settings? I’m using Nvidia drivers

Also can you explain more why wide color space would affect that?

edit: don't think it's HDR as this monitor is not set up for HDR. Also found HDR settings on my windows and it says monitor isn't available for HDR.

Changed my desktop color settings in Nvidia control panel from default to use Nvidia settings. Seeing if that makes a difference.

Desktop color 32 bit
Output color depth 8 bpc
Output color format: RBG
Output dynamic range: Full

theblackw0lf fucked around with this message at 04:11 on Apr 17, 2020

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

I'm not sure of all the places they show up. One is right click > display settings > Windows HD Color settings. You probably want everything disabled. Another is Advanced Display settings in the same place, check to see that the Color format is RGB and that the Color space is SDR. There may be other places and settings, including in the monitor OSD, but that's where I'd start.

Crazyeyes24
Sep 14, 2014

Your good vision is your fatal weakness!

K8.0 posted:

Thanks for the tips. Going down this rabbit hole has lead to a lot more indecision than I thought it would.

Eat The Rich
Feb 10, 2018

I'm trying to find a decent monitor with freesync with a budget of $250. Preferably 27". Probably smaller since I only need 1080p with my RX 580.(I dont know what I need. I'm on a tv right now and i want to die lol)

Edit: might pull the trigger on this guy (MSI Optix G24C4)
https://www.newegg.com/p/N82E16824475055

Eat The Rich fucked around with this message at 03:47 on Apr 18, 2020

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

That's a VA panel, so gaming performance will be less than ideal. Right now is a terrible time to be buying 1080p monitors because of the massive spike in demand driven by work from home. You can usually get IPS monitors around $180-$200 that will have much better gaming performance. Acer VG240Y pbiip, AOC 24G2, Asus makes one too, and there are probably a few others.

Linnaeus
Jan 2, 2013

Eat The Rich posted:

I'm trying to find a decent monitor with freesync with a budget of $250. Preferably 27". Probably smaller since I only need 1080p with my RX 580.(I dont know what I need. I'm on a tv right now and i want to die lol)

Edit: might pull the trigger on this guy (MSI Optix G24C4)
https://www.newegg.com/p/N82E16824475055

I like my asus vp249qgr a lot, though I replaced the stand with one from my old dell monitor. Looks like it's out of stock currently though

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
I set up the LG 27GL83A-B last night and holy poo poo, everything is so smooth! It's like flat panel tech has finally caught up with CRTs from the 90s :classiclol:
But seriously, just moving the mouse, or a window is silky smooth. Is this attributed to the 144hz?

Coming from a 24" it feels almost too big. Speaking of, the stand is pretty crappy as it takes up a lot of real estate, and it doesn't look like I can adjust the height which is the biggest bummer so far. Otherwise I would say this upgrade is more meaningful to me working in Windows than it is in games so far.

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

Some of it is the refresh rate, some of it is the pixel response time.

LCDs are still not even close to CRT responsiveness. OLED is much faster (<1ms rather than ~5ms on the fastest IPS displays), but because like LCDs they are persistent rather than extremely brief flashes, and the way your eyes track and interpret motion, the motion clarity is still inferior to CRT. With sample and hold displays, you need dramatically higher framerates to have the same perception of clear motion. Your brain has no problem seeing an image, then nothing, then another image, and turning that into motion, but it has a major problem with one image turning into another image.

With the speed that OLED can respond, you could flash images on screen briefly, but the problem is that that would require you to use a lot of brightness and burn them out very quickly. Maybe if microled is ever a real thing we'll get black frame insertion with VRR and finally have the ultimate display tech.

K8.0 fucked around with this message at 23:04 on Apr 18, 2020

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
That's really interesting, I didn't realize CRTs were literally still superior in that way.

Unrelated - is there any benefit to hooking up a xbonex or ps4 pro to this over the OLED TV they're currently connected to? From what you said it sounds like the OLED is still superior, and I don't think the consoles can take advantage of the higher hz, right?

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Nuts and Gum posted:

That's really interesting, I didn't realize CRTs were literally still superior in that way.

Unrelated - is there any benefit to hooking up a xbonex or ps4 pro to this over the OLED TV they're currently connected to? From what you said it sounds like the OLED is still superior, and I don't think the consoles can take advantage of the higher hz, right?

Xbox does up to 120 on select titles, PS4 supports 10bit color on select titles. You also need the pro version of the console I believe for both of these.

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

Nuts and Gum posted:

Check out the TestUFO Black Frame Insertion demo for an example of how dramatic the difference can be even just inserting black frames on an LCD. Unfortunately there are still as yet any monitors that can properly do pulsed lighting with VRR.

I would definitely prefer to console game on an OLED TV over a monitor. If it's an LG B9/C9, they are actually straight up the best display you can get right now, even for PC (although the frequent static elements on PC would burn them out rather quickly, so don't do it unless you're filthy rich).

K8.0 fucked around with this message at 23:57 on Apr 18, 2020

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

pixaal posted:

Xbox does up to 120 on select titles, PS4 supports 10bit color on select titles. You also need the pro version of the console I believe for both of these.

All PS4s can do HDR, on Xbox only the X and S can though, not the original base model.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

It was suggested by the GPU thread that I post in here, since I'm looking for a monitor.

I'm looking to upgrade to a 27" 1440 monitor from a 24" 1080, and have been checking the usual places like NewEgg. I'm finding a lot of sites do a terrible job letting you know what the resolution on the monitors is. I've been running under the assumption at 75hz would be the absolute bare minimum and that higher would be better. I've found a few potential candidates, but thought I'd ask if anyone knew of stores that might be good resources.

I've checked NewEgg, TigerDirect, OfficeDepot, Staples, Adorama, B&H, and Best Buy so far.

At the low end, this 75hz Lenovo is tempting just for being $250:

https://www.officedepot.com/a/products/6838505/Lenovo-315-QHD-IPS-LED-Monitor/

This AOC is the same price but less tempting as it's also 75hz and I doubt the build quality:

https://www.adorama.com/aocq3279vwfd.html

This Dell seems promising and shows up as available a couple places at just under $350

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/dell-s2719dgf-27-led-qhd-freesync-monitor-black/6293714.p?skuId=6293714

https://www.officedepot.com/a/products/6601028/Dell-S2719DGF-27-QHD-LED-Flat/

This Acer seems to have decent specs, at around $330:

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/acer-xf270hua-27-ips-led-hd-freesync-monitor-black/5622408.p?skuId=5622408

So does this Acer for $350:

https://www.newegg.com/black-acer-ei272ur-pbmiiipx-um-he2aa-p01-27/p/N82E16824011355?Item=N82E16824011355

Would going for 75hz be a really bad idea? I'm planning to upgrade my videocard in the relatively near future, but until then I won't be able to push great FPS at 1440 anyway.

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

Short answer is you want this. Newegg is not normally a place we recommend buying monitors from because of their return policy, but availability sucks right now because of work from home and you are unlikely to need to deal with their returns anyway.

27" 1440p 144hz IPS is the sweet spot of value for gaming + general use. The EDG-27 is the cheapest monitor that has a good panel and a good Freesync implementation (which is important, lots of monitors "support" Freesync but are garbage or mediocre at it). You can look back through this thread and find probably 50 people who have bought either that monitor or the S version of it (which has a worse stand), and pretty much all of them are happy with it. Unless you have some specific needs outside of gaming and general PC use, it's hard to beat. The LG 27GL83A is often a good competitor that is better in most ways and comes in the $350-370 range, but it's generally only available in small quantities so it's almost random getting one (usually off Amazon).

A lot of the monitors you linked are TN (significantly worse image quality than IPS) or 75hz (which lacks the spread from minimum to maximum refresh rate you need to get the full and proper Freesync feature set). The XF270HU IPS is a good one, but the Nixeus has the same panel and a slightly better Freesync implementation so I'd go that way.

What GPU do you have right now? Any 10 series or newer Nvidia GPU supports Freesync.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
A good shortcut around Newegg's less-than-stellar monitor return policy is to buy monitors through their eBay store. eBay has better buyer protection and Newegg has to follow it.

Here's the link to the Nixeus: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Nixeus-EDG-27-IPS-AHVA-2560-x-1440-4ms-GTG-AMD-FreeSync-Certified-144Hz-Gam-/303189353379?hash=item46977e63a3

Keep these two bookmarked: https://www.amazon.com/LG-27GL83A-B-Ultragear-Compatible-Monitor/dp/B07YGZL8XF and https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1501522-REG/viewsonic_vx2758_2kp_mhd_27_vx2758_wqhd_144hz.html

The LG at Amazon's the most expensive, but it's a really good monitor.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

K8.0 posted:

What GPU do you have right now? Any 10 series or newer Nvidia GPU supports Freesync.

It's a GTX 1060 6GB, so relatively competent.

BIG HEADLINE posted:

A good shortcut around Newegg's less-than-stellar monitor return policy is to buy monitors through their eBay store. eBay has better buyer protection and Newegg has to follow it.

Here's the link to the Nixeus: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Nixeus-EDG-27-IPS-AHVA-2560-x-1440-4ms-GTG-AMD-FreeSync-Certified-144Hz-Gam-/303189353379?hash=item46977e63a3

Keep these two bookmarked: https://www.amazon.com/LG-27GL83A-B-Ultragear-Compatible-Monitor/dp/B07YGZL8XF and https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1501522-REG/viewsonic_vx2758_2kp_mhd_27_vx2758_wqhd_144hz.html

The LG at Amazon's the most expensive, but it's a really good monitor.

Thanks - I'll check it out.

nwin
Feb 25, 2002

make's u think

What’s bad about Newegg’s return policy?

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

nwin posted:

What’s bad about Newegg’s return policy?

They require 8 dead pixels for a return or a replacement, which is about 8 more than most people want to be stuck with.

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere

Nuts and Gum posted:

I set up the LG 27GL83A-B last night and holy poo poo, everything is so smooth!

it doesn't look like I can adjust the height which is the biggest bummer so far.

Are you sure about that? My base that came with mine has adjustable height.

Also set mine up the other day, no dead/stuck pixels! Thanks to the thread for all the pro tip setting up strats. Playing Wreckfest on this monitor... :stonklol:

Shaocaholica
Oct 29, 2002

Fig. 5E
Is Win10 not able to load display profiles on its own? I haven't used windows in a while and I just calibrated a machine with the latest X-Rite software and noticed it configured a helper tool called 'XRGamma.exe' which seems to load the calibration display LUT. Not running this tool on startup does not load the profile even though windows color management has the profile set as default.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

katkillad2 posted:

Are you sure about that? My base that came with mine has adjustable height.

Also set mine up the other day, no dead/stuck pixels! Thanks to the thread for all the pro tip setting up strats. Playing Wreckfest on this monitor... :stonklol:

I'm a moron, I just had to pull down a bit and the monitor adjusted. :tipshat:

Last night I was debating getting wreckfest on Steam to enjoy it on this monitor or on XB1X. I haven't pulled the trigger yet, but on Steam it says controller support is 'partial'. Are you supposed to play on KM/B with this title?

K8.0 posted:

Check out the TestUFO Black Frame Insertion demo for an example of how dramatic the difference can be even just inserting black frames on an LCD. Unfortunately there are still as yet any monitors that can properly do pulsed lighting with VRR.

I would definitely prefer to console game on an OLED TV over a monitor. If it's an LG B9/C9, they are actually straight up the best display you can get right now, even for PC (although the frequent static elements on PC would burn them out rather quickly, so don't do it unless you're filthy rich).

I have an LG C7 OLED, but yeah I'd be scared of using it for PC purposes due to burn-in.

Haptical Sales Slut fucked around with this message at 23:13 on Apr 19, 2020

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere

Nuts and Gum posted:

Last night I was debating getting wreckfest on Steam to enjoy it on this monitor or on XB1X. I haven't pulled the trigger yet, but on Steam it says controller support is 'partial'. Are you supposed to play on KM/B with this title?

Only controller I've tried is an AmazonBasics Xbox One controller which has worked fine. ( Nobody buy that cheap bad controller...) If whatever controller you want to use doesn't work, you can always get a refund on Steam as long as you haven't played it more than 2 hours and do the refund within 2 weeks. Would also give you a chance to see how it performs on your PC. I've seen people saying they have FPS issues, but it runs near flawless on my PC.

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?

Nuts and Gum posted:

My experience with "partial" as a long time Steam Link user is that it typically indicates a game where you can play the game itself fine with a controller but some of the menus or other UI elements may be cumbersome or impossible to use without a mouse. Games with launchers are the most common example I can think of, Steam Link does not handle them gracefully at all.

Basically that label translates to "don't come whining to us if you have to go back to your desk to change a setting".

kimcicle
Feb 23, 2003

Anybody have any input on the curved 32" Dell gaming monitor (S3220DGF)? I've been using a Dell S2417DG for almost two years now and haven't had a single complaint (the jump down from IPS to TN wasn't as harsh as I thought it would be), but would like something bigger.

Sininu
Jan 8, 2014

Shaocaholica posted:

Is Win10 not able to load display profiles on its own? I haven't used windows in a while and I just calibrated a machine with the latest X-Rite software and noticed it configured a helper tool called 'XRGamma.exe' which seems to load the calibration display LUT. Not running this tool on startup does not load the profile even though windows color management has the profile set as default.

Windows 10 is awful about this yeah. I have had so much trouble with colour profiles just randomly breaking and then trying to fix them. Usually it's some random setting resetting for no reason or I have to redo everything. I guess that helper tool makes it so it will always work.

Shaocaholica
Oct 29, 2002

Fig. 5E

Sininu posted:

Windows 10 is awful about this yeah. I have had so much trouble with colour profiles just randomly breaking and then trying to fix them. Usually it's some random setting resetting for no reason or I have to redo everything. I guess that helper tool makes it so it will always work.

But is the helper tool really needed? There isn't a way to make Windows do it by itself? I remember back in the XP days there was an official(?) MS tool that would do it for you which seemed a bit more legit than relying on 3rd party.

I guess I'm just a bit bummed this hasn't gotten any better since the last time I checked years ago.

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

kimcicle posted:

Anybody have any input on the curved 32" Dell gaming monitor (S3220DGF)? I've been using a Dell S2417DG for almost two years now and haven't had a single complaint (the jump down from IPS to TN wasn't as harsh as I thought it would be), but would like something bigger.

It looks quite nice. Colors, contrast. Blacks are good. Curve makes blacks better in borders. No dead pixels. At 165hz pixel transitions are acceptable. On high contrast sharp edges you can see trails. That is not usually noticeable in games.

Freesync does not work with my rtx 2060. Backlight starts to flicker from darker to brighter in games. So I play without gsync/freesync. They do not advertise it as gsync compatible, clearly because variable refresh rate doesn't work in this display.

The display is better than what I had. I will upgrade to a gsync curved monitor maybe some day, if a good one comes around.

Rtings review of the display is accurate.

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

Shaocaholica posted:

Use displaycal and its own loader. Works with xrite.

Mistikman
Jan 21, 2001

I was born ready. I'm Ron Fucking Swanson.
Are there any monitors out that currently support Displayport 2.0 yet?

I was thinking of upgrading my monitor since it's been glitching a bit and I think it's going bad, but I realized that displayport 1.4 can't support 4k at 144hz. Allegedly you can get 120hz at 4k, but all the monitors I am seeing are limited to 60hz in 4k mode.

It seems pretty pointless to buy a 4k 144hz monitor, since you have to choose between blurry 2k at 144hz or 4k at 60hz. May as well just buy one or the other for far cheaper.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Mistikman posted:

I was thinking of upgrading my monitor since it's been glitching a bit and I think it's going bad, but I realized that displayport 1.4 can't support 4k at 144hz. Allegedly you can get 120hz at 4k, but all the monitors I am seeing are limited to 60hz in 4k mode.

It seems pretty pointless to buy a 4k 144hz monitor, since you have to choose between blurry 2k at 144hz or 4k at 60hz. May as well just buy one or the other for far cheaper.

You could run integer scaled 1080p144h which would look good or 4k60 which would also look good due to Freesync / G-sync you probably would end up better than a locked 60. You still could get it as 2 monitors for less most likely (and the 1080 at 240hz+) but you pay for saving desk space.

DrDork
Dec 29, 2003
commanding officer of the Army of Dorkness

Mistikman posted:

To my knowledge there are no monitors that support either DP 2.0 or HDMI 2.1, despite the specifications having been released. Even if there were, there aren't any GPUs right now that support output for them. IIRC there are a few TVs that support it as input, but that's only in theory since, again, there's no actual sources for them yet. Presumably the next generation of consoles and GPUs will support them, but that's yet to be seen.

There certainly are monitors that do 4k@144hz, as well as @120hz. They're not cheap, though, and at 144Hz they need to use compression to stay within the existing cable specs. The Acer Predator X27 is one such monitor, though there are others.

Sininu
Jan 8, 2014

Shaocaholica posted:

But is the helper tool really needed? There isn't a way to make Windows do it by itself? I remember back in the XP days there was an official(?) MS tool that would do it for you which seemed a bit more legit than relying on 3rd party.

I guess I'm just a bit bummed this hasn't gotten any better since the last time I checked years ago.

You can apply display profiles in Windows Colour Management tool, yes. Problem is it just breaks randomly.

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

e: wrong thread sorry buy 1440p it's good

Shaocaholica
Oct 29, 2002

Fig. 5E

Ihmemies posted:

Use displaycal and its own loader. Works with xrite.

Ah yes I'll give this a try. Used it on linux and it worked great.

kimcicle
Feb 23, 2003

Ihmemies posted:

It looks quite nice. Colors, contrast. Blacks are good. Curve makes blacks better in borders. No dead pixels. At 165hz pixel transitions are acceptable. On high contrast sharp edges you can see trails. That is not usually noticeable in games.

Freesync does not work with my rtx 2060. Backlight starts to flicker from darker to brighter in games. So I play without gsync/freesync. They do not advertise it as gsync compatible, clearly because variable refresh rate doesn't work in this display.

The display is better than what I had. I will upgrade to a gsync curved monitor maybe some day, if a good one comes around.

Rtings review of the display is accurate.

Ugh, I was with you until you mentioned that gsync doesn't work. I'll have to mull about some more before pulling the trigger then. Thanks for your input.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe
So looking for some advise. About 2.5 years ago I bought this:
ASUS MG279Q 27in FreeSync 144Hz WQHD IPS LED Monitor 2560X1440

And it's been great until about a month ago where I started to notice what I can only describe as burn in. I will come back to my computer in sleep mode to wake it up and find the excel sheet I left over has left lines all over my screen. After about 15 minutes they fade away but I can see almost ghost lines of random things. It's very noticeable when the screen goes black.

I cannot for the life of me figure out what it may be. My old LG doesn't have this issue. I haven't tried replacing the DP cable yet but it's on my list of items to troubleshoot.

Thoughts?

Also probably want to get a second 27" 4k monitor to become my primary and retire this one to the secondary monitor. Likely building a new PC with a 2080 in it. Recommendations? Will be used for Gaming primarily.